2008 Suicide Baseball v.2 - Win an XBOX 360!!! - It's All Over Folks!

Rockies are done and I am out. Good luck to those still playing. Didn't anticipate the Rockies playing so poorly against Washington and SD at home.

mets should win their 5th game today! i think the brewers have already won 5 just waitin on the D-backs

well, i need to get my pick in early cause i think im going to be working the weekend, probably 12 hours every day, so i wont have time. im debating but i think ill have to go with arizona

good luck to whoever will be left, id say with two games against the nationals, the mets should get through, arizona has to win 2, but hell, im picking them for next week so i must like their chances.

yeah the mets won today so i'm on to the next round along with reno so it could be down to 3 if the D-backs lose tomorrow

[quote name='xpacdos']I'll take the White Sox as next weeks pick[/quote]

Regarding the first White Sox - Baltimore game on August 25th. I haven't been able to find out how they are going to handle this game. If a portion of the game has already been played and they're just resuming it, then the game will not count towards the weekly totals. If they are just starting the game over, it will count towards the weekly total.

Yeah, I PM'ed Brian about that earlier today, since white sox was going to be my pick. I figured that game would of counted though since if a team gets a rain out/delay you lose that game for the week! Lol. I wasn't sure though, thats why I asked. Let me see if I have any other team option before confirming the white sox. Thanks Brian.

-Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Between this and my usual rabid Tigers fangirling, this is not my season for baseball. :(

Thanks for hosting, Brian, this was a lot of fun.

i think the Sox are completing a game suspended and then playing another that Monday, if it doesn't count its cool I'll still stick with the White Sox

Since one of the White Sox games won't count on the 25th, I had a change of heart, lol.

I hope this does not come bite me in the ass, but I've been contemplating all weekend on which one of three teams to pick, lol! I'm going to change my pick from the Chicago White Sox to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

So Week 8- Los Angeles Dodgers

Thanks Brian.

I can't believe I didn't go with my original pick, rofl. White Sox are hot atm. I'm hoping for the best here (Dodgers..).

Well looks like I'm in trouble here with the Dodgers. Their bullpen has looked horrid.
I'm still mad at myself for the pick change. The one game not counting really threw my whole strategy off. Sucks.

I doubt they'll manage to beat the Phils (or anybody) the way they are playing right now.

wow, just checked in and realized the last minute change. dodgers arent out of it yet, but theyve got to win 4 in a row. dbacks have to win 1 out of 4 and the sox have to win 2 out of 4. and by the looks of it we only have 2 playable weeks left.

[quote name='ritchardf']wow, just checked in and realized the last minute change. dodgers arent out of it yet, but theyve got to win 4 in a row. dbacks have to win 1 out of 4 and the sox have to win 2 out of 4. and by the looks of it we only have 2 playable weeks left.[/quote]

Yeah, and I regret making that change :bomb:

Well thanks for the fun guys, it was a blast while it lasted. I don't know where to begin on how bad the Dodgers were. Dodgers had Bases loaded, no outs in the 11th (After intentionally walking a guy who has not batted since 2004 in the 9th leading 2-1 with 2 outs, then allowing the next batter to drive in the next run), batter hits a line drive to third for the double play :bomb:.

Its like lady luck spit me in the face for changing my pick, lol.

Thanks again Brian was a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda wish I never asked about that White Sox game lol :bomb::bomb:.

This is how I feel right now :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

But 3rd place isn't too bad! :) Good luck to both of you guys left.

Well the White Sox have won their 5 games, here's hoping that the D-backs can lose their last 2 to the Padres. Not likely with Webb on the hill tomorrow, but anything can happen

well, this could be it, ive got to rely on randy johnson to stay in it. i sure didnt think the way the week started out it would come down to the last day.

WooHoo!! The Padres hung in there and Won. Hoffman looked great striking out 3 in the 9th to seal the deal. Thanks again for running the contest Brian. Didn't think i would make it this far.

Wow. Crazy ending. To think I got the short end of the stick by not only changing my pick, but having the Dodgers turn as cold as ice (I still regret even asking about that other game on the 25th b/c I would of made the White Sox pick without question, lol). Arizona ends up fumbling with losing 4 in a row.. wow.

2nd place tie isn't too bad outta the many who entered. Nice job.

Does 2nd qualify for anything Brian? lol :)

Thanks again man, was a ton of fun. You don't know how glued I was to baseball this year. Looking forward to your next one! Was a blast, jus h ave to remember next time to not change my pick!! Lol

Pm sent. Thanks again Brian, don't remember the last time i was this interested in baseball when it wasn't october. Looking forward to dominating next years contest!!!

wow, congratulations, im a bit stunned, to be sure. i thought when arizona took 2 from florida i was free and clear for the week. i guess i put my foot in my mouth, thinking the sox weren't a very good pick. that is how things go sometimes i suppose

Thanks i really thought we were going down to the final 2 Tuesday, i figured Webb would have gotten the job done but he got rocked. Thought the same on Wednesday when the Padres were down 4-0 at the end of the sixth, then they scored 5 in the 7th and 8th to win it. Totally thought we were going to play another week, but i got lucky.

Hi Brian,

Just wanted to say thanks!! I got your package! I'm about to go play Dragonball Z 2 right now with my brother, lol.

Thanks again!!! I appreciate it!!!!!!!! This was a ton of fun!!

bread's done
Back