2008 Suicide Baseball v.2 - Win an XBOX 360!!! - It's All Over Folks!

Marking my territory.

Week1: Chicago White Sox (Free bye..woohoo)
Week2: St. Louis Cardinals
Week3: Tamba Bay Rays
Week4: Boston Red Sox

I'll take the Houston Astros this week

*edit* If we're able to save the bye from this previous week cause we got the first week correct, I'll save it for now (so I have 2) and take the Astros. If we cant save it, then I'll guess I'll have to use it this week.

[quote name='craven_fiend']If the O's manage to win, I'll use my free pass for the next week. If they don't, I'd like to switch to the Mets.[/quote]
From what I understand, if the O's beat KC today, and if that makes 4 wins for the O's, they get a free pass next week no matter what, and you still keep your pass.

[quote name='KoA']From what I understand, if the O's beat KC today, and if that makes 4 wins for the O's, they get a free pass next week no matter what, and you still keep your pass.[/quote]

Probably should have just left the free pass part out. Hopefully they can pull off another win today. If not, I do like the Mets chances of winning 5 games in 10 days.

[quote name='briansraregames']If your team from the first contest wins their 4 games, you get a free pass on to the second round of this contest. You still have only one bye week.[/quote]
So because I won in the other contest I get this week as a bye week and the other buy week that everyone gets? Do I have to use the bye week for this week or can I save it for later and then have 2 bye weeks?

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Week 1: Free bye week, courtesy of the White Sox.[/quote]

Same here :D

my oakland A's won 4 games so I will take my free bye week I earned.... if that is incorrect then I will go with the red sox, but would rather use my free bye

Wow, under the original format of 4 wins, by my count this first week would have knocked out 77 and left only 42 alive for the second week. That's going by the list in the second post; I think there may have been people who were allowed to join late and use their bye who aren't on that list.

Whatever, this week was like spring training I guess. It all starts for real tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

Well, I'll retake the Cardinals for the new week 1.

And then I won't have to cheer for them any more! ^_^_v

Week 1 - Florida Marlins

(If that's okay I would like to switch my pick to the Florida Marlins for week 1. Last week I picked St. Louis and that pick was imported to this new list. Again, if you see this before you make week 1 official I would like to use the Florida Marlins as my week 1 pick. Thanks a bunch and good luck to everyone !)

[quote name='BasketCase1080']so im damn confused.... i had the A's for this week and all they need to do is take one more game for the week to be a lock.

So with this whole new bye system does that just mean I have two byes to use anytime in the season, or just in week one i could have a free bye?[/quote]

If I am correct in saying this:
The people that were in the original contest and won this past week got a free pass . We do not need to pick a team until the following week or WEEk 2.
EXAMPLE:
My team ( Boston) won their 5 games in week 1.
The contest was restarted to 5/12 as a new week 1 .
Look at the post showing "free bye week"
I can not use the BoSox because they got me already into week 2, So I do not have to pick a team until next week
Kinda like this
Week 1 ended 5/11
Week 1 (restarted to 5/12 through 5/21)
Week 2 starts 5/26 Picks must be in by 8 am est?
So my second week pick will be made by 5/26 8am and I can not use the Red sox.

You still retain your original bye. If was just a way to gain more players

Clear?

[quote name='mrmail2000']If I am correct in saying this:
The people that were in the original contest and won this past week got a free pass . We do not need to pick a team until the following week or WEEk 2.
EXAMPLE:
My team ( Boston) won their 5 games in week 1.
The contest was restarted to 5/12 as a new week 1 .
Look at the post showing "free bye week"
I can not use the BoSox because they got me already into week 2, So I do not have to pick a team until next week
Kinda like this
Week 1 ended 5/11
Week 1 (restarted to 5/12 through 5/21)
Week 2 starts 5/26 Picks must be in by 8 am est?
So my second week pick will be made by 5/26 8am and I can not use the Red sox.

You still retain your original bye. If was just a way to gain more players

Clear?[/QUOTE]Actually, if you had the Red Sox as your first week choice in the original thread, you can choose them again later. Same with anybody who selected a team that earned them the free pass for the first week here. This is from Brian's original post in this thread:

Players who have a winning week in the first contest will be rewarded with a free bye week in week #1 of this contest. You will not lose your week #1 team if you have a free bye week.

I could be wrong, but I take that to mean that this is a complete restart of the contest, so after the free pass in week 1, it's as if you haven't had to select any teams yet, so the whole league is still open for you.

bread's done
Back