2008 Suicide Baseball v.2 - Win an XBOX 360!!! - It's All Over Folks!

Hey Brian, I just looked at week one picks and i have two entries. One was the first weeks team(Cardinals) and the other the team I wanted to be my new first week team (Houston). Just wanted to let you know so theres no confusion later on about who I picked.

[quote name='DomLando']I sent a PM changing my pick for Week 1 and it was not changed.[/quote]

Same here, except I just posted on this thread. My pick was changed on post #77 on page 4

Personally, I don't think the Marlins are gonna pull it off against Cincinnati and KC.
But, that's just my opinion...

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wow, I think the Mets may end up letting me down.[/quote]
Naw
My mets will conquer. Don't worry bout that.
Church and DW are pwning :)

For all those who picked the Marlins...Well, Simply, you Fail? ;-)
CIN owned FLA twice already, get ready for my royals.

KC Wins Today - Yay!
Good 2-0 Comeback eh?

Ok, blue jays have 5 wins now , so I guess that means I advance
-glad i stuck w/ em (though really i was just lazy by the time I noticed contest change, got lucky it did, too)

I assume thursday you will confirm all who advance then picks are due before monday/whenever you specify?

A bit late in saying this:

Thanks for the great contest

and the change makes it even better

The week started on this Monday, and I'm pretty sure the Jays didn't win 5 games since then, especially since they split a doubleheader in Cleveland on Monday.

[quote name='legendoffanboy']Ok, blue jays have 5 wins now , so I guess that means I advance
[/QUOTE]

What are you smoking? The contest runs from the 12th to the 21st now. And the Jays have only won 4 games since May 5th.

Jays currently have 2 wins for week 1.

crap I was confused, didnt notice the part where it said started the 12th,
That does make a lot more since.

oh well mabey blue jays will win anyway
Wait just checked and Tor just ripped off 4 wins in a row, lucky lucky

Can someone help fill me in on what's going on? I've been gone for a week while I moved, and now there's this second thread, where I'm using a bye week (I picked the Cubs for week 1 in the old thread?), and I am thoroughly confused.

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Can someone help fill me in on what's going on? I've been gone for a week while I moved, and now there's this second thread, where I'm using a bye week (I picked the Cubs for week 1 in the old thread?), and I am thoroughly confused.[/QUOTE]

Read the rules for how the new contest goes, but as for your current standing. The Cubs got 4 wins last week. Everyone that successfully got 4 wins got a free bye for week 1 in this new contest, so you still retain a bye week for later on at your disposal. Also as a bonus you get to choose the Cubs again for another week if you wish. So your in good position.

[quote name='Gwoz']Read the rules for how the new contest goes, but as for your current standing. The Cubs got 4 wins last week. Everyone that successfully got 4 wins got a free bye for week 1 in this new contest, so you still retain a bye week for later on at your disposal. Also as a bonus you get to choose the Cubs again for another week if you wish. So your in good position.[/quote]
He can choose the cubs again? -.- Didn't know that.

[quote name='KoA']He can choose the cubs again? -.- Didn't know that.[/QUOTE]

Taken from the rules on the first post.

"Players who have a winning week in the first contest will be rewarded with a free bye week in week #1 of this contest. You will not lose your week #1 team if you have a free bye week."

I just did some calculations. Nobody has been mathematically eliminated yet, but it's not looking good for some teams.

TEAM - WINS/GAMES LEFT IN WEEK 1

BOS - 0/6
BAL - 2/5
TOR - 4/5
NYY - 1/5

CLE - 4/5
DET - 0/5
MIN - 1/6
KC - 3/6
CWS - 2/5

LAA - 2/5
SEA - 1/5
TEX - 2/6
OAK - 0/6

ATL - 2/5
FLA - 0/5
NYM - 1/5
PHI - 2/6

HOU - 3/6
STL - 1/6
CHC - 3/6
MIL - 2/5

ARI - 3/5
LAD - 2/6
SF - 1/6

[quote name='KoA']Oh Ok, KC lost week 1 anyways, 4 in a row now though[/QUOTE]
I love Detroit so much, but right now I want to go kick them, a lot. Seriously guys, maybe you could try not getting swept by the Royals? Even once this season would be swell.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Dammit Braves need to start kicking ass[/quote]
Well, they've got 6 games left. As long as they go 3-3, we'll be ok.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I just did some calculations. Nobody has been mathematically eliminated yet, but it's not looking good for some teams.

TEAM - WINS/GAMES LEFT IN WEEK 1

ATL - 2/5
FLA - 0/5
NYM - 1/5
PHI - 2/6
[/QUOTE]

The Mets and Braves play a double-header against each other next Tuesday, and I think you may have missed that extra game for each team in your list. The only reason I even mention it is because the Mets-Yankees game tonight got postponed (and they announced it will not be made up over the weekend), but that still leaves the Mets with 5 games in week 1. Since the Mets were the most popular pick for this first week (13 people chose them), I figured some people would be relieved to know that.

Same applies for the Braves; 5 more games left in the week after tonight's game.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Anyone know if the Marlins are making up that game before Wensday? Only chance for me to advance :([/quote]
Not this month. No idea when tbh. They play CIN one more time but thats at home. So who knows, so your answer is no.

Edit: KC Wins Yay!
5 in a row, 4 this week

Do the games run through Wednesday or until Wednesday? I ask because the Twins have only two wins at this point, but they have three games left (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday). So, if the Wednesday games count, the Twins aren't out yet, but if they have to have five wins by Wednesday, then they're out and that would be a bummer.

I've been assuming that they go through Wednesday. I guess we need an official ruling.

Either way, here's the teams who have won 5 and who have already been eliminated:

ADVANCED: Blue Jays, Royals, White Sox, Cubs, Diamondbacks

ELIMINATED: Yankees, Tigers, Athletics, Marlins, Brewers, Giants

I have a quick question... assuming I make it through the rest of the month of May, can I make all of my June picks in one post? I'm going out of town on June 2 and won't be back for 3 weeks so I figured I could do something like this:

June:
Week 1: Team "A"
Week 2: Team "B"
Week 3: Team "C"
Week 4: Team "D"

Obviously if Team "A" or another of the subsequent teams doesn't make it, then I'll get my bye week or be out. However, if I do correctly pick winning teams, then I'd like to remain in the contest while I'm gone. Thanks!

KC Wins, My week is complete.
Next Weeks pick, Starting Thursday right?
Diamondbacks

And don't you have to select the Bye week before the week starts? Or if you pick a team and they lose, can you use your bye week then.

[quote name='KoA']And don't you have to select the Bye week before the week starts? Or if you pick a team and they lose, can you use your bye week then.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you have to choose to use your bye; it's not a failsafe in case the team you picked loses. If you pick a team that doesn't get 5 wins and you still have your bye left, oops, too bad.

Not trying to speak for Brian or anything, but that's how these kind of pools generally work.

bread's done
Back