2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't over yet. Who else is going to sign him? Portland? I doubt they will spend 9 mill for him (at least I am hoping not). Heats? All they have is the MLE, and I am pretty sure LO wants more than that. Although it seems kind of bleak right now, I am still hoping Lamar signs with the Lakers. It is his best option right now. I am sure the Lakers are still willing to deal with him, even if they retracted their previous offer. Just give it a little more time... I hope :(

Two teams probably could go after him. The Heat are eyeing him along with Boozer. Portland could be the other since the Jazz decided to match to keep Paul Millsap from leaving.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']wow a major blow to the Houston Rockets, Yao Ming having surgery on his broken left foot next week and will likely miss all of next season, the latest blow to the Rockets' faltering bid to return to the NBA's elite.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/07/17/071709yao.ming.injury.ap/index.html[/QUOTE]

I hope the surgery will allow him to play in the 2010 - 2011 season without much problems.
I feel really bad for Yao since he has so many obligations and commitments to China and his body simply can't take that much abuse without rest.

I'm definitely rooting for him to pull through.

I honestly don't get what's going through LO'S head. He's actually contemplating signing for 5.8 million and playing for an average team versus 9 million and playing on a championship contender.

[quote name='lakers310']I honestly don't get what's going through LO'S head. He's actually contemplating signing for 5.8 million and playing for an average team versus 9 million and playing on a championship contender.[/QUOTE]

It's all the hype that LO got during the end of the season and the Playoffs/Finals. Saying how he was the X-Factor for LA's win. Yeah, he was a huge factor, but one cannot argue that Kobe, Pau and the rest of the supporting cast were giving it their all too.

With Artest in the mix, LO won't the 3rd/4th option anymore.. more like 4 and 5. Bynum is healthy and improving, and if he can learn to play the game better and stay out of trouble, he'll be an elite player soon enough. Artest is going to start. Sure LO can come off the bench and become that triple double machine, but give any other bench player some extra time and they can contribute as much too relative to their salary. LO isn't worth the $10 million a year he's asking for. The Lakers can find younger players at cheaper contracts.

LO should have just taken the god damned $9 million offered. For the amount of time he puts in, and all that pressure he has off his shoulders because of his superstar teammates, that's a fucking steal. His stupid bluff got him in this shit and he should be happy if the Lakers re-offer another contract. $7 million/5 year or $8 million/3 years. They ain't going to offer the $9 million again once LO figures out he won't get as much anywhere else (well, maybe Portland, but their management is stupid as shit).

[quote name='mis0']It's all the hype that LO got during the end of the season and the Playoffs/Finals. Saying how he was the X-Factor for LA's win. Yeah, he was a huge factor, but one cannot argue that Kobe, Pau and the rest of the supporting cast were giving it their all too.

With Artest in the mix, LO won't the 3rd/4th option anymore.. more like 4 and 5. Bynum is healthy and improving, and if he can learn to play the game better and stay out of trouble, he'll be an elite player soon enough. Artest is going to start. Sure LO can come off the bench and become that triple double machine, but give any other bench player some extra time and they can contribute as much too relative to their salary. LO isn't worth the $10 million a year he's asking for. The Lakers can find younger players at cheaper contracts.

LO should have just taken the god damned $9 million offered. For the amount of time he puts in, and all that pressure he has off his shoulders because of his superstar teammates, that's a fucking steal. His stupid bluff got him in this shit and he should be happy if the Lakers re-offer another contract. $7 million/5 year or $8 million/3 years. They ain't going to offer the $9 million again once LO figures out he won't get as much anywhere else (well, maybe Portland, but their management is stupid as shit).[/QUOTE]

Portland's management is stupid as shit......

Can we ban this idiot from ever typing again? We can do that right?

[quote name='lakers310']I honestly don't get what's going through LO'S head. He's actually contemplating signing for 5.8 million and playing for an average team versus 9 million and playing on a championship contender.[/QUOTE]
I believe a report said that the deal would eventually equate since LA taxes are, y'know. And if Miami also lands Boozer, they pretty much have an identical team by being the Lakers of the East. Chalmers can be Fisher, Wade is Kobe, Odom, Boozer is Gasol, J O'Neal is Bynum...

LO is definitely worth that money, and whether it was him or his agent that declined that offer, I can see reasons as to why. For one, LA has treated him very poorly until recently. I would even go far to say they've treated him worse than Kwame. Granted, he did have nights where it looked like he didn't give full effort or basically a nonfactor, which is why he became the sixth man. LO is so versatile for a team though. Capable of playing all five positions, causing mismatches everywhere, what other player can you find doing those same things? Only one I can think of right now is Lebron.

Yeah, he should've taken that offer, but everyone that isn't a Laker fan is loving it right now. :D

Comparing the Heat to the Lakers...yea, I'm sure they'll go far this season. No Boozer no Odom, you still only have Wade and O'Neal, I would say maybe first round of playoffs.

Wade should be smart and asked to be traded, go someplace where there's an already established championship built team and go from there

[quote name='ph33r m3']Portland's management is stupid as shit......

Can we ban this idiot from ever typing again? We can do that right?[/QUOTE]

Don't hate because I hate Portland. I'm sorry if I offended your great state of Oregon or something. Not really though.

[quote name='mis0']Don't hate because I hate Portland. I'm sorry if I offended your great state of Oregon or something. Not really though.[/QUOTE]

I'm not from Oregon.....sadly you disgrace the Bay.

Go back to the OC and sip on Apple-tini's while jerkin' it to Lauren Conrad pictures.

Well Odom can sign with the Heat for 1 yr and be a starter. More minutes= More production= should equal a bigger salary in the next off season.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'm not from Oregon.....sadly you disgrace the Bay.

Go back to the OC and sip on Apple-tini's while jerkin' it to Lauren Conrad pictures.[/QUOTE]

You sure got me there. I figured with all the time you spent on these forums, you would have at least the decency to not directly insult people based on their opinions. But of course, with your 3000+ posts, you win this thread.. and the internet. I'll give you that.

But of course, CAG does have the trusty ignore option, so I will be saved from your obsession with the size of your e-penis.. starting.. now.

Anyway, back on topic:

I'm not saying I hate LO, because one can see from my previous posts that I actually really like the guy playing for the Lakers. I just felt that he should have taken the very generous offer from the Lakers. But if he goes to the Heat, I'll still be rooting for him since I really like the guy. In the end though, like I said, I'd like to see LO return to Lakers to 2-peat. We just gotta hope Artest doesn't mess things up and try playing a role he wasn't brought in to play.

But meh, I still get Clippers games locally, maybe I'll pay more attention especially if the AI speculations are true. Haha. :lol:

I would love to see Odom and Boozer in heat uniforms, definitely makes us one of the top 3 teams in the East. Boston is back and Orlando is still a threat, but with Wade having 4 scorers around him(Odom,Boozer, Beasely, O'Neal), we'll definitely be in the mix.

Magic sign Matt Barnes... Glad to see we are stacked. :lol: All we need now is a backup point.

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus
SF - Rashard Lewis, Matt Barnes
PF - Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson
C - Dwight Howard, Martin Gortat

As for the Heat... they have to sign both first. If they do they will fall most likely 4-5 in the east.

[quote name='shinryuu']Grizzlies agree to trade Q-Rich to the Clippers for Randolph.

Woooooooooooooooooo. Well, that makes way for Griffin. Also, Clippers get some cap relief. =D[/QUOTE]
Q-Rich got traded, AGAIN!

Yea the heat are gonna sign Boozer and Odom. Also they might not match the Cavs offer on JaMario Moon b/c they have Odom coming to Miami. All that means is Moon is a restricted free agent, and the Cavs are gonna get on of the most athletic and acrobatic player in the league. YES I LOVE C-TOWN!!

[quote name='lordopus99']Magic sign Matt Barnes... Glad to see we are stacked. :lol: All we need now is a backup point.

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus
SF - Rashard Lewis, Matt Barnes
PF - Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson
C - Dwight Howard, Martin Gortat

As for the Heat... they have to sign both first. If they do they will fall most likely 4-5 in the east.[/QUOTE]

Word is CJ Watson will sign an offer sheet with them shortly.

[quote name='st0neface']Word is CJ Watson will sign an offer sheet with them shortly.[/QUOTE]

That sucks.

Man. I flipped when Barnes signed up with the Magic. Their team is stacked as shit as people already mentioned. Love seeing two former Warriors playing on the same team. Both Barnes and Pietrus were borderline stars back in Oakland. But of course.. GS was kinda sucky (and still kinda is) back then.

[quote name='mis0']Man. I flipped when Barnes signed up with the Magic. Their team is stacked as shit as people already mentioned. Love seeing two former Warriors playing on the same team. Both Barnes and Pietrus were borderline stars back in Oakland. But of course.. GS was kinda sucky (and still kinda is) back then.[/QUOTE]
i'm from C-Town and Orlando is very very very afraid of Shaq. They know it cuz they need all the backup they can get to hold down Diesel.
And does anybody in the world have their video game logo appear when you say the word fuck , i didnt fucking think so.

I'm loving the Magic's roster. They look to have solved the problem of having to live and die by the three from not having people who could drive and create their own shot, as well as picking up a decent power forward to put beside Howard.

Barnes and Pietrus were border-line stars?

This kid keeps impressing me and Stephen A. Smith with his stupidity....

Have fun Magic fans with Barntrus.......one's retarded and the other one.....well is retarded too.

[quote name='mis0']Man. I flipped when Barnes signed up with the Magic. Their team is stacked as shit as people already mentioned. Love seeing two former Warriors playing on the same team. Both Barnes and Pietrus were borderline stars back in Oakland. But of course.. GS was kinda sucky (and still kinda is) back then.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you're taking, you might want to cut back the dosage :lol:

So apparently, Starbury's been ruining his life and what's left of his career doing coked up webcam vids. I need to actually catch one as it airs live.

[quote name='Matt Young']So apparently, Starbury's been ruining his life and what's left of his career doing coked up webcam vids. I need to actually catch one as it airs live.[/QUOTE]

Watched some of it.....started dancing on a table.....

[quote name='Matt Young']So apparently, Starbury's been ruining his life and what's left of his career doing coked up webcam vids. I need to actually catch one as it airs live.[/QUOTE]
Wow....

Been away from CAG for a while...have to say that I'm pretty pleased with Orlando's offseason moves, like most of the Magic fans above.

Hate to see Turkoglo go as he really made the offense click. But having Carter should help with having someone that can get their own shot. And Bass should help a lot inside.

They look to have very deep team next year barring injuries. Still need a back up point guard though.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Been away from CAG for a while...have to say that I'm pretty pleased with Orlando's offseason moves, like most of the Magic fans above.

Hate to see Turkoglo go as he really made the offense click. But having Carter should help with having someone that can get their own shot. And Bass should help a lot inside.

They look to have very deep team next year barring injuries. Still need a back up point guard though.[/QUOTE]

Don't they still have Anthony Johnson?

Also, does anybody have a link to like a highlight clip or something of the Stephon Marbury webcast?

They do still have Johnson, but you really want 3 PGs on the roster ideally. Johnson also will be 35 next season.

They don't need a star PJ or anything, just another competent back up.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Whatever you're taking, you might want to cut back the dosage :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha. I've always been a pretty biased Warriors fan. For some reason, I do hype them up a bit. For example, my favorite player for the longest time was Chris Porter who played about a quarter per game. I thought he was the best player in the league. :lol:

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Well it better be true this time. Probably is if espn is reporting it...[/QUOTE]
It's about time I saw one of your posts :lol:

Looks like the Lakers are not picking up the team option for Sun Yue. YAY!!!!!!! Talk about a waste of money.

Shannon Brown better be rocking for the new season.

Shelden Williams to the Celtics, not a bad signing for the veteran minimum. Good depth big.

With Marquis Daniels on his way once the Pacers do the S&T, that leaves the LLE for another vet like Bruce Bowen.

[quote name='dafoomie']Shelden Williams to the Celtics, not a bad signing for the veteran minimum. Good depth big.

With Marquis Daniels on his way once the Pacers do the S&T, that leaves the LLE for another vet like Bruce Bowen.[/QUOTE]

Bruce Bowen?

As much as I like the Celtics...vomit

I think he'd quite disrupt the chemistry within the team:
http://video.clipta.com/Bruce_Bowen_kicks_Ray_Allen__v4529e77653aa41d8001f

Never seen Ray Allen that pissed ever, lol

I don't think he'd cause problems. By all accounts Bowen is a good teammate.

Just one of those guys you hate when he's on the other side.

Bruce Bowen is totally washed-up.......can't hit that emphasis corner 3 anymore like he once did.

Warriors get 9 nationally televised games......crazy.....ESPN/TNT/NBATV must love that Curry kid.

lakers got this season. celtics, magic and cavs look good, hell the spurs too, but the lakers got this. repeat baby.

The schedule is out.

13 games on national TV for the Bulls (not counting NBA TV). Not too bad. Of course, we already get every Lakers game here.

As a Rockets fan (who will have no national TV games this season) is it ok if I cheer for Ron Artest, but not for the rest of the Lakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back