2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic just said on the halftime show that Perk being out is a blessing in disguise for the Celtics since Sheed is a better scorer. I definitely disagree, I think it's pretty clear from the vast rebound differential that they miss Perk's presence on the boards.

[quote name='Tony208']If Kobe had a somewhat good game I could envision him winning mvp regardless of who wins the series but not with this awful game 7.[/QUOTE]

I believe that's 3 he's missed from the line now too.

Ray Allen with the bad pass. You have to give him some credit for the D he's playing, but other than that he's been a black hole.

[quote name='wildcpac']Lakers only down 6 now with 6 to go in the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Same as they were down at the half..

Still, Phil said it best, no one can piss away a double digit lead like the C's can. :D

[quote name='jlarlee']Yea that last possesion he came off a screen wide open and he didn't get the ball[/QUOTE]

Would you have given it to him?

This isn't a very good game so far. No one can shoot the ball at all. At least it's close, but it feels like it's only halftime when there's only one more quarter to go.

[quote name='KingBroly']This isn't a very good game so far. No one can shoot the ball at all. At least it's close, but it feels like it's only halftime when there's only one more quarter to go.[/QUOTE]

That's putting it mildly. Any Game 7 where the last possession for a team in a quarter involves Brian Scalabrine awkwardly dribbling past someone as slow as molasses while the shot clock runs out doesn't exactly qualify as a good game.

Whichever one of these teams decides they'd like to win this game is probably going to do so.

[quote name='KingBroly']This isn't a very good game so far. No one can shoot the ball at all. At least it's close, but it feels like it's only halftime when there's only one more quarter to go.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels that way. It was way overhyped in the one day between game 6 and 7. 12 minutes (or a bit more) left to decide who wins it all though. Thats pretty exciting.

How many shots have gone in and out on both ends? Seems like every other shot.

Difference so far is that the Lakers cant make a free throw to save their life.

Where was the defensive foul on KG? What a bullshit non call.

Come on Dafoomie, bitch about the Refs who are fucking over the Lakers.

Yes, it was a foul. But it wasn't in the act of shooting, so the only real difference is one fewer foul on KG/Celtics, the Lakers got the ball anyway. Not really a Shaq-Fu worthy game swing.

[quote name='bvharris']Yes, it was a foul. But it wasn't in the act of shooting, so the only real difference is one fewer foul on KG/Celtics, the Lakers got the ball anyway. Not really a Shaq-Fu worthy game swing.[/QUOTE]

+1

Is this the lowest scoring Finals game 7 ever? Has to be, right?

[quote name='advanced']+1

Is this the lowest scoring Finals game 7 ever? Has to be, right?[/QUOTE]

Wait.. This isn't the NCAA Championship Game? :roll:

[quote name='bvharris']Wait.. This isn't the NCAA Championship Game? :roll:[/QUOTE]

For a second there, I was thinking it was WNBA, but only Gasol and Vujuacic have long hair.

Gasol sucks. 2-7 from the Free Throw line. Lakers are 13-23 or something.

Fisher with a huge 3! Tied game and Kobe is going to the FT line. Celtics in foul trouble already and only 6 minutes left to go.

Ballgame.

I have no idea where the Celtics are going to find the offense to get this one back. They seem to be playing the "let's hope Ray miraculously finds his shot" gameplan right now.

[quote name='wildcpac']Kobe is getting hot.[/QUOTE]

Yes he is. Celtics being in the penalty is the worst part of this. They need Pierce to step up, not sure anyone else has enough in the tank.

Gasol is trying to keep the Celtics in the game all by himself.

Gasol with a huge bucket. Lakers lead by 6 with 90 seconds to go.

You can't necessarily fault any individual calls (and I don't, really) but it's still disheartening how involved the refs were in the 4th quarter compared to the other three. You never like to see that.

[quote name='bvharris']You can't necessarily fault any individual calls (and I don't, really) but it's still disheartening how involved the refs were in the 4th quarter compared to the other three. You never like to see that.[/QUOTE]

Must have found the whistles, because I bet they wanted to call the game like that whole time.

C's not down too far, but damn, this is getting down to the wire.

Celtics can't hit a shot. Heard a lot of lakes fans moan about losing Ariza for Artest but Ariza doesn't D up Paul that way. Considering the season the C's had it was a surprise they were here

[quote name='advanced']Must have found the whistles, because I bet they wanted to call the game like that whole time.

C's not down too far, but damn, this is getting down to the wire.[/QUOTE]

The refs think it was their moment to step up too. I think you need to swallow the whistles in the 4th quarter, not find them.

fake edit: SHEED!!! Man wants a ring.

[quote name='yukine']Wow, Wallace hits it!

And Artest... hits it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

And Ray hits it. Did the last minute of this game forget about the previous 47?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back