2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CELLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Boston Celtics just got HALF BRUINED by the Lakers. Celtics blow a 3-2 series lead.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I hope all of the Massholes are loving this game and jumping off of the Boston Harbor.

As someone who hates Phil Jackson and hates Kobe, I have never been so happy to see them win the NBA Finals as I am today. GO LAKERS!

[quote name='jlarlee']Congrats lakes. I'm still proud of the Celts hopefully father time can be kind and we get round 3 next year[/QUOTE]

I think the window might be closing. I'm not at all confident Ray is coming back, nor am I sure KG has another healthy year in him.

Playoffs are a given next year with this roster, but I actually wouldn't be terribly upset if they started re-tooling now. They can afford to do it having lost more than if they had won.

[quote name='bvharris']fuck. Congrats Lakers, they earned it.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jlarlee']Congrats lakes. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='advanced']Ditto.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wildcpac']CELLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Boston Celtics just got HALF BRUINED by the Lakers. Celtics blow a 3-2 series lead.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I hope all of the Massholes are loving this game and jumping off of the Boston Harbor.

As someone who hates Phil Jackson and hates Kobe, I have never been so happy to see them win the NBA Finals as I am today. GO LAKERS![/QUOTE]

The most ironic words ever spoken.

Thank God. That was one terrible game for the first 3 quarters. Sloppy play by both teams, crappy officiating, and Kobe couldn't get going. But the Lakers turned it on when they needed to, coming back from 13 down to win. It's even sweeter since they beat the Celtics. And Artest got his ring! :)

[quote name='jlarlee']Congrats lakes. I'm still proud of the Celts hopefully father time can be kind and we get round 3 next year[/QUOTE]
Father time came for the Celtics about half way through the 3rd. The rebuild starts now. Thibodeau is gone, Doc is probaby gone, and Ray Allen is probably gone.

What won this game is that Artest 3 right after the Sheed 3.

[quote name='bvharris']The most ironic words ever spoken.[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with that man. I've lived in LA my whole life. I just hate the Lakers fans man, so damn fair weather. I'm going to be hearing 3-peat for the next fucking year....

Congrats to the Lakers.

I dunno about Doc being gone because it makes sense that they would have just signed Thibodeau. Are there any other inhouse candidates to take over

Bill Russell shaking hands with Kobe. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I am sure that sight is giving Celtics fans Heart Attacks.

Oooooo and it's so great to see that little bitch Nate Robinson lose as well!

[quote name='wildcpac']Bill Russell shaking hands with Kobe. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I am sure that sight is giving Celtics fans Heart Attacks.[/QUOTE]

You think there's a Celtics fan in the nation who is actually going to watch the Lakers get a trophy? :D I congratulate them thoroughly, but I'm not a masochist.

[quote name='jlarlee']I dunno about Doc being gone because it makes sense that they would have just signed Thibodeau. Are there any other inhouse candidates to take over[/QUOTE]
Kevin McHale's name has been floated out there, nobody in house.

Doc will either retire or go one more season and retire. He wants to be with his family and he's sick of the bullshit from some of the players.

Danny Ainge isn't going to hang on to guys for too long, he's talked about how they held on to Bird and McHale for too long more than anything else.

Bill Russell hanging out with a real team right now. Kobe for MVP!!!!!!

Bill shakes hands with Kobe yet again. WHAT A CLASSIC IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='dafoomie']
Danny Ainge isn't going to hang on to guys for too long, he's talked about how they held on to Bird and McHale for too long more than anything else.[/QUOTE]

I honestly hope that's the route they go, if they start rebuilding now they have a better chance of getting back to being an elite team more quickly than if they try to make another run with this group. I don't see how this team is going to be any better next year, so I'd prefer a rebuilding year or two if it increases the chances for future returns.

Good series, I wonder if the big three will stick around? I still think and I mentioned this last year that Allen/KG deserve another ring the most

I think they're going to take the opportunity to cheap out on salaries next season, they spent over 100 million on salary+luxury tax this year.

gasol526-3-061710.jpg

Huge FT disparity but the Celtics kept taking bad jumpshots. I will say the game tightened up in the 4th and that didn't help the C's.

They missed Perk. The Celtics starting 5 still hasn't lost a series, as Doc just said.

Where would Sheed go? He's still under contract. They can't get rid of him, I'm sure they'd love to. He stepped it up in the playoffs though, mailed it in the entire regular season but really fought through that back injury the whole postseason.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Where would Sheed go? He's still under contract. They can't get rid of him, I'm sure they'd love to. He stepped it up in the playoffs though, mailed it in the entire regular season but really fought through that back injury the whole postseason.[/QUOTE]

As much as I hated Sheed during the season, he really did step it up in the playoffs. Especially tonight. I suppose you could say the same thing about the whole team. Except for that last part.

Celtics rebuilding shouldn't take too long. Rondo is the only one signed after 2011-2012.

Wallace has now lost 2 Game 7's in the NBA finals. That has to be the ultimate kick in the balls.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Can't believe Kobe was 6 for 24 and they still won. Allen went 3-14. Pierce 5-15. Aside from the fourth quarter, the game was pretty bad offensively.[/QUOTE]

Kobe had like 15 plus rebounds. Lakers had over 20 offensive rebounds.

Ron Artest had a huge game for the Lakers as well.

I said it earlier. If the Celtics had rebounded the ball, they would have been up 20 after the first quarter.

[quote name='wildcpac']Celtics rebuilding shouldn't take too long. Rondo is the only one signed after 2011-2012.
[/QUOTE]

This assumes they can find players to play with him. NBA superstars don't grow on trees.

They had a 3 year window to win, and they won one, got to the 7th game of the finals once, and got to the 7th game against Orlando in the other year. They did what they set out to do, its over now.

Not that you can't go into next season with KG and Pierce but they're going to look a lot different next year. If Sheed retires it would help, Pierce could opt out and try to get one last big contract from the C's before the new CBA but I don't know how far they're willing to go.

Ask D-Wade how easy it is to rebuild. It'll be easier for Miami to do it if he leaves.

And don't forget that Perk is probably out until January.

Wade is a Michael Beasley salary dump from being able to play with 2 other max free agents in Miami.

Celtics have 10 million in contracts following 2012 (all Rondo). Just do not be stupid and give long term deals to fuck up their salary cap.

[quote name='wildcpac']Kobe had like 15 plus rebounds. Lakers had over 20 offensive rebounds.

Ron Artest had a huge game for the Lakers as well.

I said it earlier. If the Celtics had rebounded the ball, they would have been up 20 after the first quarter.[/QUOTE]

Kobe had 15 total. Gasol had 18. I understand who had a good/bad game. Obviously other players stepped up since they won, but it wasn't really a showcase for great offense.

[quote name='dafoomie']Only player of note out there in 2012 is Melo.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure Melo and CP3 are both free agents in 2011. Melo took the extra year unlike everybody else. Probably so he didn't have a ton of competition in the free agent market.

Rumors have it that Melo wants to get a new deal done NOW before the Collective Bargaining Agreements gets reworked. NBA is losing hundreds of millions a year. No way are these players getting as much in future deals.

Melo is a free agent in 2011 but has a player option for 2012.

[quote name='dafoomie']Only player of note out there in 2012 is Melo.[/QUOTE]

I'd gladly build around Melo and Rondo any day of the week. As a UConn fan I'm supposed to hate him, but man do I love his game.

[quote name='bvharris']I'd gladly build around Melo and Rondo any day of the week. As a UConn fan I'm supposed to hate him, but man do I love his game.[/QUOTE]

Melo can be a free agent in 2011 but has a player option for 2012. He wants a deal now.

[quote name='wildcpac']Melo can be a free agent in 2011 but has a player option for 2012. He wants a deal now.[/QUOTE]

I'm still not convinced that Boston is seen as an attractive free agent landing spot for a lot of guys in the NBA, for a variety of reasons which don't need re-hashing. I'm hopeful that the Big Three era has changed that (despite KG and Allen being traded here, I'm sure neither regret it) but we'll have to see.

Sheed got into the ref's locker room after the game, said he "just wanted to talk". Security pulled him out of there.

He gave it everything he had but I hope he retires, he's done.

Ron Artest is the only guy I like and I don't care for the rest of the Lakers or Celtics. I still would of liked to see Kobe lose though. Perkins getting injured really cost the Celtics the ring

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i think off season chatter should be in this thread[/QUOTE]

nah homie. This thread is for 2009-2010. Season is overwith and it's time for this thread to fade off into obscurity. Think of it like the wrestling thread. The old one gets killed off after 500 post.

Congrats Lakers! Artest was the MVP of the night. He deserves a ring for his performance in game 7.

Also, I give props to the Celtics. They gave us a long hard fight, but I am glad the Lakers didn't give up. GO LAKERS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back