2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

Sigh...

I would have preferred Malaluga, or even Crabtree with the 5th and none of that trading down crap, but who knows, maybe it will prove to be a smart decision. Maybe we can get rid of Edwards and snag the 29th pick from NYG, and pick up Malaluga or Beanie wells, and maybe we can get a pick for anderson.

And if Malaluga is gone, maybe Laurantius in the 2nd round.

So Cleveland gets a big center to help anchor the OL, has two picks in the second round, a fourth round, and a pair of sixth round picks. With three of Mangini's former players joining him in Cleveland including Ratliff at QB, I've got a feeling Anderson's days are numbered as a Brown. Could be the year we get Quinn starting.

So glad the Packers didn't take Crabtree, we just don't need him. Glad to see they are going after defense, which is really the only weakness on the team, the OL just needs to stay healthy and they will play like they did in 2007.

Just for fun:
Drafted in 2005: Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Grant (ok, not drafted...)
Drafted in 2006: Greg Jennings
Drafted in 2007: James Jones
Drafted in 2008: Jordey Nelson, Jermichael Finley (if he pans out...)

I think we should be set for some time, not to mention we still have Donald Driver for another few years.

So glad the steelers didn't take Malaluga.

2 picks to go before the browns are up again and 2 of the 3 players I wanted in the 2nd round are still on the board.

And I've read that the trade talks for Braylon Edwards are still on the table with the Giants. Mid/High 2nd or Low 3rd round pick + a reciever might be sent to Cleveland in the near future.

:edit: and the patriots decide to skip over them. hell yes. Don't let me down Mangini!
:edit2: Laurinaitis to Saint Louis. Don't let Malaluga slip away again.

I just looked at Cleveland's upcoming picks - they've got three picks in the second round alone (#36, 50, and 52), one in the 4th (#104), and another three in the sixth round (#177, 191, 195).

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....... fuck you cleveland. what the fuck is that.

:edit: Well, the giants are up in about 8 picks, but even if the Edwards deal goes down i seriously doubt Malaluga drops down that low.

Robiskie's not a bad pick, though with a LB like Maualuga falling into their laps and skipping over him and the help he can provide to their defense doesn't make much sense. They did need a big receiver to be another weapon for Quinn since they had nobody but Edwards and Winslow, the latter of which is no longer around.

fuck, fuck, fuck. and to a division rival none the less, sweet!

Robiskie might not be bad, but come on, Rey was a tank, and the D needs as much help as it can get.

Edwards sucks, dropped WAY too many passes last year. I'll be glad to see him go as we get someone to take his place and not look down the depth chart to someone else.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Great pick by Arizona with taking Chris Wells and pushing out the aging James.[/QUOTE]

Beanie is broke, dude. He'll be out after 2 or 3 years.

But oh man, I think Childress is trying to get fired from the Vikings. Percy Harvin? Bwahahahahahahahaha. Can't wait to see him laid out hardcore by somebody like Briggs, Urlacher, Sims, Lennon, or Hawk.

I love what the Pats did today, S Patrick Chung at 34, NT Ron Brace at 40, and CB Darius Butler at 41. And they still have 58, 73, 83, 89, and 97 in the top 100.

Butler was predicted by many to be drafted by the Pats at 23.

[quote name='dafoomie']I love what the Pats did today, S Patrick Chung at 34, NT Ron Brace at 40, and CB Darius Butler at 41. And they still have 58, 73, 83, 89, and 97 in the top 100.

Butler was predicted by many to be drafted by the Pats at 23.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you on this. The Pats made the right moves today in the draft. Now only if I can get myself to forget that 0-6 loss the Revs took.

I was so worried that the Niners were going to be stupid and pass on Crabtree. So happy that they did not. I thank the Raiders for there terrible drafting and the Jags for signing Tory Holt earlier this week for this to happen.

For months people kept saying the Raiders are picking crabtree, they need crabtree, mock drafts with Crabtree to Oakland. Everything seemed obvious, but not to Al Davis! Ho ho no, he's in the business of making other teams better >.>

[quote name='lordwow']NE trades CB Ellis Hobbs to PHI in exchange for 2 5th-round draft picks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he sucked. Now him and Asante Samuel are reunited in Philly. They ended up trading the 2 5's for a 4th and a 6th.

The Pats went into the day with 3/73, 3/83, 3/89, 3/97, 5/170, 6/207, and 7/234 after drafting 4 guys in the 2nd round yesterday. They traded 2 of their 4 3rd round picks for 2 2010 2nd round picks (Jags and Titans), and made good value picks with the other two.

6 guys drafted in the top 100, none of them making 1st round money. Thats how you do it.

I posted this as a MySpace blog already, and I don't have the energy to rewrite my opinions, so I'm copying and pasting. Yeah, it contains information you already know on top of my opinions, but whatever:

For 14 years, ever since I started watching football regularly (before that, it was just the Super Bowl each January and I didn't even know all the rules of the game) the Packers have been my favorite team and Brett Favre has been my favorite player. But while the Packers will always be my team, I'm thisclose to washing my hands of all things Favre.

I was never too bothered by the "will he or won't he return" drama in Green Bay because I wanted to know. I wanted him to come back and play for the Packers. He was my favorite; a guy I looked up to. Then there was last year's offseason when he retired (the first time). I actually shed some tears with him during his retirement press conference.

I was angered and disappointed by the way things went down last summer with him deciding to come back (that part excited me) and the subsequent trade to New York (that part did not), but I blamed management just as much as Favre on that fiasco. It was 50/50. Both sides screwed up.

Thus, I supported him last year. The Jets were/are in a different conference than the Packers and didn't play each other, so I wanted New York to do well. I wanted Brett to play well because I was a fan of his, and I wanted the Jets to do well because the better they finished, the higher draft pick the Packers would get from them.

Fast forward to early 2009. Brett, after a decent 2/3 of a season and subsequent meltdown in the final 5 games that the Jets played, chose to retire. Again. While it wasn't the way I wanted to see him go out, not even quarterbacking the final play in a loss that helped drive the nail into the team's coffin, I accepted it. I could appreciate all that he did for the Packers over his decade and a half of service with the team. He was still Brett f'ing Favre, after all.

Not long ago, the Jets drafted Mark Sanchez to be their quarterback of the future. Following this move, Brett Favre was released. People speculated that he asked for his release (he had 1 year left on his contract), but it was later confirmed that the Jets' management made the decision on their own.

Now, for the last few days, it's been all over the media that Favre is meeting today and tomorrow with Vikings coach Brad Childress (a man not even Vikings fans like, frequently brandishing "Fire Childress" signs at games) to discuss a possible return. Of course, Minnesota was the team Brett wanted to be dealt to or to sign with if the Packers granted him his release.

fucking Minnesota. Green Bay's #2 rival behind the Bears. For all the love and respect I have had for Brett Favre over the years, this is the last straw. To be honest, if he came back now, after retiring TWICE, to play for any team, I'd lose a lot of respect for him. No need to risk bastardizing his legacy any more. He's about to turn 40 and has a bad arm, anyway. But if he comes back for the Vikings, of all teams, Brett will manage to immediately drop from "all time favorite" to "biggest douche in football". The sole reason for such action would be to "stick it" to the Packers. How petty can a man be? The guy's about to turn 40, not 14. How utterly childish.

This whole situation just sickens me. I just hope Brett can salvage what's left of his legacy (and dignity, for that matter) and stick to his decision to retire from the game. If that's not how things go down, and if he ends up in purple for the 2009 season, I hope he gets exactly what would be coming to him.

I was wondering how long it would be til' someone posted something.

I'm pretty sure everyone's in agreement this time around that Favre needs to hang up the helmet for good and just retire. I was hoping he was "coming back" just to sign one day with the Packers and then retire as a Packer, which would have been fitting.

I can't imagine him playing for the Vikings, I can't imagine what the reaction would be like if he goes to play Green Bay at their stadium in a Vikings uniform, and I can't imagine how tarnished his image might become to everyone that ever cheered him on.

Last year with the Jets everyone most everyone could understand him wanting to come back, but I mean, come on, what exactly is it going to take to make him finally decide (and stick to that decision) to retire. His family better talk some sense into him, because there's zero good that can come out of this, barring the miraculous.

ON ESPN.com right now there is a video of an interview with NFC North Blogger Kevin Siefert and he will explain both team fans react through the emails and calls he has received from fans.

Basically, Vikes fans love it and welcome him with open arms obviously, Packers fans feel like they have been stabbed in the back just by talking with Childress and feel now that they can not root for Favre at all anymore.

I can only wonder how much junk will thrown at him when if he steps on to Lambeau in a Vikes uni. he won't get out of GB alive.

I'm assuming I already know the answer since I can't find them for sale online BUT do DVDs exist for the previous Hard Knocks series on HBO. As a Cowboys fan I obviously loved the one last year and looking forward to my beloved hometown Bungals this year but i'd love to go back and watch the older ones I didn't see: Ravens, Chiefs, etc...

I can't even find them on torrent sites and youtube sucks as well. Just thought someone may have a secret place under a rock I missed somewhere.. :)

August 12th it's supposed to start airing for the Bengals. I can't wait for the rest of the world to see the idiots running our show and what a mess we have become/continued to be. Mike Brown his puppet professor gigglesworth Marvin Lewis and Chad Ohno in the limelight.

[quote name='Matt Young']Favre's staying retired. There is a God.[/QUOTE]
He's gonna get that surgery then he'll come back next year! ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']hoping Vick lands in SF[/QUOTE]

i sure dont, hes a step backwards. SF will be able to get just about any QB they want in next years draft. with their pick and carolinas pick they will have two chances to get a QB in a much deeper draft, and if they needed to they could easily trade up in the draft to get someone. why take a risk on vick when they can almost certainly get bradford, tebow or mccoy?

That story is wrong. It wasn't his agent that said it, it was his cousin/adviser. So I ain't really worried about it. Besides he will just fuck himself over if he sits out.

[quote name='DestroVega']why is it that now Vick is only associated with the Wildcat?[/QUOTE]

I think it's because he's rusty as hell and, for now, wouldn't be efficient enough to last a whole game.

Dunno what I think about this move...depends on how much he was signed for

[quote name='SoulReaver']I think it's because he's rusty as hell and, for now, wouldn't be efficient enough to last a whole game.

[/QUOTE]

not only that, but there were only so many teams where he could have had a chance to start, and philly is not one of them. so a lot of people threw wildcat around because they assume it would work for vick, plus wildcat is like the new cool thing in the nfl.

bread's done
Back