2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

[quote name='ph33r m3']And for Jinsanity's review of the 49ers game.....

The 49ers have a top 5 NFL defense....they have a pass rush now.....and Harylson is beastin' on the edge and Willis is the best MLB in the NFL.....a sack and an INT.....dude's beastin'....

Most important part of the game was Sing bringing the defense together at the about 8 minute mark in the 3rd when everything seemed to be falling apart.....he's got these guy's listenin'....

Shaun Hill is Shaun Hill. Nothing more. Nothing less. Dude's clutch in the 4th.

Fire Jimmie Raye.

The 49ers don't win that game if Nolan's the coach.[/QUOTE]

And if Smith is the QB

[quote name='DJSteel']Jason campbell's receivers are garbage.. Randle El is decent as a slot receiver but Devin Thomas and Santana Moss takes plays off.. don't finish routes (the one int was all Moss's fault). None of his routes have him throwing to the running back.. I don't know if it all of Campbell's fault here...[/QUOTE]

Randy Moss takes plays off so is he garbage too?

Santana is a good WR. Not a #1 but still a good WR. They also have Cooley and a great running game with Portis. A lot of their struggles on offense are Campbells fault.

After the past few seasons, I should've known better than to watch the Bills on MNF.

That great feeling through 3 1/2 quarters came crashing down in 5 minutes.

[quote name='DomLando']Randy Moss takes plays off so is he garbage too?

Santana is a good WR. Not a #1 but still a good WR. They also have Cooley and a great running game with Portis. A lot of their struggles on offense are Campbells fault.[/QUOTE]

What Campbell needs is a Receiver that is 3 inches taller than he is. Maybe not a good receiver stats wise, but a receiver that can actually catch those floaters of his.

[quote name='KingBroly']What Campbell needs is a Receiver that is 3 inches taller than he is. Maybe not a good receiver stats wise, but a receiver that can actually catch those floaters of his.[/QUOTE]

I personally do not think that will help him. I think a more accurate and better pocket presence QB would fair better in that offense.

[quote name='DomLando']I personally do not think that will help him. I think a more accurate and better pocket presence QB would fair better in that offense.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Campbell is average at best. He's been in the league for a couple of years now and he makes mistakes that he just shouldn't make. That handoff on 3rd and 8 should NEVER happen.

[quote name='darthbudge']Goddamn, that review they just did in the Raiders game is the worst call ever. Absolutely horrible.[/QUOTE]

What ever happened to catching the freaking football. The review process makes it so technical - that looked like a catch to me. Although, I have the SD defense so I'm fine with it. ;)

[quote name='darthbudge']Goddamn, that review they just did in the Raiders game is the worst call ever. Absolutely horrible.[/QUOTE]

It sure was! What a BS review!!! He had possession to the ground. The ref that reviewed that needs to be fired.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']What happened in that review that lead to Oakland losing those 7 points? My TV was muted.[/QUOTE]

The ref said the ball was moving around in his hands and he didn't have complete possession.

[quote name='keithp']The ref said the ball was moving around in his hands and he didn't have complete possession.[/QUOTE]

What? From what I saw he had posssession all the way to the ground. Sure, it was moving around a little but he landed with it not hitting the ground.

Yeah, that was a BS call. Stole some momentum.

Raiders are looking MUCH better than I thought. I figured they'd be down 3 scores at half time. Maybe they can win 7 or 8 games and start getting out of this rut this year finally.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']What? From what I saw he had posssession all the way to the ground. Sure, it was moving around a little but he landed with it not hitting the ground.[/QUOTE]

I know!! The announcers couldn't believe it either. They're still talking about it!

Great decision to go for it IMO. Franchise really has nothing to lose at this point. If they can hold on, that can be the play that starts the turnaround for the franchise! Lot of time left though.

And the defense sucks it up and lets them march right down the field for a TD. :bomb:

fucking franchise is never going to turn it around.

If they're not going to cover the spread I'd at least like to see San Diego lose so Philip Rivers can throw a hissy fit running out of the stadium.

[quote name='dmaul1114']And the defense sucks it up and lets them march right down the field for a TD. :bomb:

fucking franchise is never going to turn it around.[/QUOTE]
They'll never go anywhere until Al Davis is gone.

where the hell is LT? i hope he didnt get hurt, but thats the only explanation as to why we didnt see him in the 2nd half save for a series or 2.

Freaking Antonia Gates. 20 more yards (or a touchdown) and I could've won my matchup this week. Instead, I lose by a damn point. >_

I don't know if I should be impressed by the Raiders or if the Chargers are just good on paper. Only 77 rushing yards against the Raiders is embarrassing.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']After the past few seasons, I should've known better than to watch the Bills on MNF.

That great feeling through 3 1/2 quarters came crashing down in 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Its like this team has a bad case of ADD. They play great for 3 1/2 quarters and then they yuck it up. Its like Dallas all over again. They owned the Cowboys but end up yucking it up to two stupid FGs. I like Leodis a lot but, why is that 1 stupid mistake costs us the game. really all Mckelvin had to do was fair catch it and we hold possession and run clock. They couldn't stop the screen pass to Fred Jackson. Thats all we needed to do. The real kick to the jaw too is that we lose Poz again. I dont think we will ever see him play a full season now.

Y'know, this team is like the NY Mets....They can only lose in the WORST possible ways.

Raiders did way better than I expected and Buffalo showed signs of being better so I will have to consider them more often during my pool.

I couldnt stay up for the games.....I am like a old man.

Anyway, what I got from opening kick off weekend was that Roy Williams is still the most over rated player not named Reggie Bush. That Broncos TD by Stokely was his fault completely, he ran up from 10 yards away to lay a hit on a guy who was falling out of bounds anyway leaving Stokely wide open.

Other than that my Titans lost a pretty good game and my other team the Pats won in classic Pats fashion.

One more thing, being from Detroit and watching them growing up I can not stand seeing Matt Millan hosting NFL shows.

Lastly, as much as I love defense and big hits and like I am really sick of seeing defenders come flying in to lay a hit on someone who is already down on the ground. Those two Panthers players should be fined and suspended for that late as hit on D-Nabb. The guy had already broken had the TD when he was stating up and just happened to fall and 2 people come blasting in on him 5 seconds after.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dafoomie']They'll never go anywhere until Al Davis is gone.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

I'm usually not a cold hearted bastard, but I'll crack open a cold one when he keels over.

Word on LT is he just rolled his ankle. Nothing serious.

[quote name='javeryh']The fix is in. Effing lucky Patriots.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit I'm a Patriots fan, but I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to defend this statement anyway. I assume there's nothing more to it than sour grapes? If anything, it was the Bills who were lucky considering they had two drives extended by bullshit roughing the passer calls: The one on the Thomas sack was iffy, he definitely slammed him down a bit hard but at the same time, I feel you should just let the players play, particularly on a sack. The Wilfork penalty was total crap, even Patriots haters would have to admit that he hit him cleanly around the waist. I'd say Wilfork was hurt by two things: One his (atleast somewhat deserved) reputation as a dirty player. And more importantly, the fact that his fat belly extends almost to the ground even when he hits at the waist, it could be perceived as a low hit. Just my guess.

Still, anyone who is familiar with the Buffalo Bills did not come away from that game surprised. If you give Tom Brady enough chances, and they did, this is going to happen.

[quote name='bvharris']I'll admit I'm a Patriots fan, but I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to defend this statement anyway. I assume there's nothing more to it than sour grapes? [/QUOTE]

It's not sour grapes - it was a miracle win. The NFL couldn't allow the golden boy's return be spoiled! OK, I don't think the game was fixed but the Patriots were beyond lucky to win that game. How many games end like that? Probably none - what are the odds of a fumble on that kickoff? If they had made the Bills go 3 and out then I could tip my hat and say nice game but damn it was practically handed to them. Was there ever any doubt whatsoever after the fumble that the Patriots wouldn't score? The only surprise to me was that they left 45 seconds on the clock.

Two GREAT MNF games last night, would've been better if we saw two upsets :D.

Raiders played WAY better than I expected. Looking forward to seeing how they do next week against Kansas City.

[quote name='javeryh']It's not sour grapes - it was a miracle win. The NFL couldn't allow the golden boy's return be spoiled! OK, I don't think the game was fixed but the Patriots were beyond lucky to win that game. How many games end like that? Probably none - what are the odds of a fumble on that kickoff? If they had made the Bills go 3 and out then I could tip my hat and say nice game but damn it was practically handed to them. Was there ever any doubt whatsoever after the fumble that the Patriots wouldn't score? The only surprise to me was that they left 45 seconds on the clock.[/QUOTE]

It's really not a miracle though. They were playing the Bills. Ask any Bills fan if that surprised them.

[quote name='javeryh']It's not sour grapes - it was a miracle win. The NFL couldn't allow the golden boy's return be spoiled! OK, I don't think the game was fixed but the Patriots were beyond lucky to win that game. How many games end like that? Probably none - what are the odds of a fumble on that kickoff? If they had made the Bills go 3 and out then I could tip my hat and say nice game but damn it was practically handed to them. Was there ever any doubt whatsoever after the fumble that the Patriots wouldn't score? The only surprise to me was that they left 45 seconds on the clock.[/QUOTE]
What happened was that the Pats had their hands team out, the Bills brought their hands team out to cover the onside kick, and they had nobody but the returner downfield when they kicked it. This made it a lot easier to try and strip the ball.

The Pats made a great special teams play. Several, actually. Meriweather grabbed the ball carrier and prevented him from getting down while others knocked the ball loose. Then the kicker Gostkowski recovered the fumble.

It was a break but it was a break that they made happen. The Bills had several breaks go their way, including two pretty chintzy roughing the passer calls, one of them leading to a touchdown.

The Bills horribly mismanaged their final drive afterwards. I don't think getting a stop would've been completely out of the question.

Well, well, well! Looks like the National $$$$$$ League has it in far Patriot Nation once again! You $$$$$$s in the New Yark League Headquahhhtahs thought you could get one ovah on us! BUT NEVAH UNDAHESTIMATE THE POWAH OF RED SAWX NATION TO FARCE SOME ASSHOLE FROM FACKIN’ BUFFALO TO COUGH UP THE BALL WITH THREE MINUTES TO GO!

Oh, you tried to FACK us, N$$$$$$L, but you couldn’t! You know damn well that hit by Vince Wilfark, and that othah hit by Whatshisdahkieface Thomas were clean! NO ONE DENIES THIS! Those were-ah clean, hahhhd, Welkerian hits! They ahhh a reflection of ow-uh cultahhh! We wark hahhd! We play hahhhd! And we fack hahhhhd!

[quote name='dafoomie']What happened was that the Pats had their hands team out, the Bills brought their hands team out to cover the onside kick, and they had nobody but the returner downfield when they kicked it. This made it a lot easier to try and strip the ball.

The Pats made a great special teams play. Several, actually. Meriweather grabbed the ball carrier and prevented him from getting down while others knocked the ball loose. Then the kicker Gostkowski recovered the fumble.

It was a break but it was a break that they made happen. The Bills had several breaks go their way, including two pretty chintzy roughing the passer calls, one of them leading to a touchdown.

The Bills horribly mismanaged their final drive afterwards. I don't think getting a stop would've been completely out of the question.[/QUOTE]

this is 100% right.

Merriweather put a good licking on McKelvin. He forced a fumble and the Pats took well advantage of it. I was pissed it happend but im still happy that Trent played well against the Pats. I hope him playing that well and AVP calling the offense like that, the bills will start to finally move the ball in the right direction.

1 other thing to add is that Buffalo had their hands team out anticipating a on-sides kick by the pats but they kicked it deep instead. good play call on the Pats part.

this story makes me sick to my stomach to be a Bills Fan. Thanks city of buffalo. You SCREWED us out of another great player. Thanks, now he will never come back after his contract is up and will probably be another Antoine Winfield(who i still sorely miss)STUPID fucking ASSHOLES!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4476626

[quote name='javeryh']Well, well, well! Looks like the National $$$$$$ League has it in far Patriot Nation once again! You $$$$$$s in the New Yark League Headquahhhtahs thought you could get one ovah on us! BUT NEVAH UNDAHESTIMATE THE POWAH OF RED SAWX NATION TO FARCE SOME ASSHOLE FROM FACKIN’ BUFFALO TO COUGH UP THE BALL WITH THREE MINUTES TO GO!

Oh, you tried to FACK us, N$$$$$$L, but you couldn’t! You know damn well that hit by Vince Wilfark, and that othah hit by Whatshisdahkieface Thomas were clean! NO ONE DENIES THIS! Those were-ah clean, hahhhd, Welkerian hits! They ahhh a reflection of ow-uh cultahhh! We wark hahhd! We play hahhhd! And we fack hahhhhd![/QUOTE]

:lol:

Last night the Patriots defense appeared to be complete shit. They are going to have to improve that if they want to have any shot of winning a Super Bowl this year.

[quote name='cgarb84']Last night the Patriots defense appeared to be complete shit. They are going to have to improve that if they want to have any shot of winning a Super Bowl this year.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit of hyperbole there. The defense allowed 17 points, 7 of which I believe came on the drive which was extended by the bs penalty on Wilfork. Much like the offense, the D also came up big in the second half. Was the D dominating by any stretch of the imagination? No. But complete shit? That's somewhat ridiculous. Also remember they were without their best defensive player for most of the game (and may still be going forward).

The Pats aren't going to win games with their D this year, no one thinks they are, but if you hold the opposition to 17 points, you're going to win most days with an offense as good as the Pats' should be going forward.

It was bad after Mayo went down. The Bills offense isn't going to be a world-beater by any stretch this year and yet they were able to march up and down the field on the Pats D. If Mayo is indeed out for around 1/2 the season then they are going to be in some trouble if they keep playing like that. It doesn't matter too much though, their division won't be real great this year imo, they can still win it without too much of a problem.

How the hell could any Pats fan bitch about a non-call on a QB?

They make a coddamn new rule to protect Brady every year.

Bill Polian is the one making the big push on the competition committee for these rules to protect Peyton Manning like he did to protect wide receivers a few years ago. The Patriots aren't represented there. Manning's two knee surgeries last offseason had a lot to do with that.

My problem was not with any non call but with the calls they did make. There should not be one guy on the field playing touch football.

Looks like Wes Welker is out for the Jets game. Good thing my fantasy opponent has him (and still has him listed as playing). Can't wait to watch that one today.

Man, Pats looked off that was a decent game but both teams played like ass.

I want to give the Jets credit for winning but Brady just seemed off and missed a lot of passes even with this jets defense. A lot of those passes could have easily been caught for huge gains.

Also, the Jets should be worried about their lack of offense beacuse they looked horrid. The Pats have virtually no one in terms of defense (no Mayo, Seymour, Brushi, etc) and they still couldnt move the ball that well.

Whatever.....LETS GO TITANS!

bread's done
Back