2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

Bears gave me a scare today. Tied 21-21 at the half with the Lions. They took care of business in the second half. Also a huge WTF goes out to the Redskins. You've played one of the weaker schedules so far and barely beat the Rams, lost to the Lions, and barely beat the Bucs?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Bengals win on a field goal with under a minute to play.[/QUOTE]

Someone finally won that craptacular game!

The Broncos/Cowboys game has been a nice defensive game, though the Broncos seem to have had the better offense as Romo can't get any balls into his receivers' hands. I'm surprised that Romo's sucking for me in one league while Orton's doing well in another.

4th down and game for the Cowboys. OMG if they lose.

LOL they lost!

wade-phillips.jpg

The fact that you can say Denver's defense won that game for them is a sign of how much has changed since last year. I can't say that I expected them to be 4-0 to start the year.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The fact that you can say Denver's defense won that game for them is a sign of how much has changed since last year. I can't say that I expected them to be 4-0 to start the year.[/QUOTE]

And they have Patriots, Chargers and Ravens the next 3 weeks.

Why in the world did the Cowgirls throw at Champ Bailey 18 times including the last 2 plays?

man glad I started the fins defense over the steelers D. Unless Rivers has a huge breakdown I don't see the steelers giving me 22 points

To add insult to injury, it seems pretty apparent now how much of a mistake the Roy E Williams trade was. Regardless of his physical ability, that guy is just not cut out to be a #1 receiver, and can't be depended on.

[quote name='bvharris']Well my Patriots certainly seem to have bounced back pretty well after the loss to the Jets. Fantastic game today, though they definitely got a break when Clayton dropped the last pass from Flacco.

Brady looks comfortable again, which has to be scary for the rest of the AFC.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't call it fantastic, but I can't complain with the result anyway :lol:. I was expecting the Ravens to run all over the Patriots defense, and they allowed 116 yards with more than a 6.0 avg, but made some important stops in the game. I love how Meriweather has stepped up since last year and has continued to play very well. 9 tackles, and a touchdown saving pass defense.

Brady looked mostly good, especially with two runs in the RZ, one for the TD. He's still missing some throws, but maybe that can just be chalked up to rust/needing time after a knee injury to be 100%. Hopefully his passing, the team's RZ offense, and kickoff returns will all improve. Faulk and Maroney aren't getting it done there.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Bengals win on a field goal with under a minute to play.[/QUOTE]

And to think the Bengals were a safe bet to cover the spread for that game.

*sigh*

[quote name='ph33r m3']The Rams are the Rams.....but that 49ers D is scary...

3-1...

3-0 vs the NFC West[/QUOTE]

It feels nice to watch them win a game and actually be able to kneel down the ball at the end of a game.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, it feels great watching the Chargers not only lose but get embarrassed by the Steelers.[/QUOTE]

I was more amused by how the Steelers managed to let a sure win turn into a close game in a matter of 3 minutes. Seems rather typical of them this season.

The combination of me having Antonio Gates and my opponent having the Steelers D meant that second half turned me from a likely loser into pretty much a lock to win. Nice.

[quote name='wildcpac']And they have Patriots, Chargers and Ravens the next 3 weeks.

Why in the world did the Cowgirls throw at Champ Bailey 18 times including the last 2 plays?[/QUOTE]
Patriots should be a good test of the pass defense and the Ravens will test the entire defense, so the next few weeks will be a good way to see how much they've improved.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Patriots should be a good test of the pass defense and the Ravens will test the entire defense, so the next few weeks will be a good way to see how much they've improved.[/QUOTE]

Patriots/Broncos should be one good game indeed. I'm looking very forward to it already.
Go Pats!

And for some icing on the cake... my score prediction for tomorrow's game is:

Vikings 27
Packers 24

thanks to antonio gates im going into monday night tied in my fantasy game instead of 20 points up. bastard.

im glad the 49ers didnt just beat the rams, but dominated them. next week will be a big test, the falcons are a decent team and despite our 3-1 record weve only had 2 games against good teams and one of them we were beaten. man, id love to find a way to make it to the 49ers game next week. cml!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']thanks to antonio gates im going into monday night tied in my fantasy game instead of 20 points up. bastard.

im glad the 49ers didnt just beat the rams, but dominated them. next week will be a big test, the falcons are a decent team and despite our 3-1 record weve only had 2 games against good teams and one of them we were beaten. man, id love to find a way to make it to the 49ers game next week. cml![/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I have Vincent Jackson so I was really hoping at least one of those TDs could've come my way. I have a 30 pt lead in my league going into the Monday night game. As long as Driver and Longwell don't go nuts I will hold on for the win.

FINALLY Steve Slaton showed up for me!

Went to the Niners vs Rams game yesterday. Good times except for the fact that the sun was on me the whole time. I thought I was west enough to at least get some shade by halftime but I didn't get shit.

Willis, best Linebacker in the game today.

Loved this dude's custom jersey.
9ub504.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They called Sidney Rice, Sidney Crosby. LOL.

But wow, horrible game from the defense as a whole and the offensive line. Aaron Rodgers could have won that game had he been protected.

Favre now the first to beat all 30 NFL franchises.

Solid game 24-31, 271 yds 3 TDs.

Rodgers had a great game too throwing for 378 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT (IIRC the stat just left the screen as I was typing that).

Rodgers couldnt do anything with Jared "Manbeast" Allen in his face all day. Looks like the commentators were right about Chad Clifton. he is like the achilles heel of their line. They couldnt protect a fly tonight.

great game though. cant wait for the rubber match.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Favre now the first to beat all 30 NFL franchises.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

Even more interesting: He's beaten all 32 NFL franchises.

Great game indeed. Sucked with AP getting the touchdown though. That's makes me 1-3 in my money league this year and all 3 losses I've lost by a combined 7 points.

[quote name='JStryke']Great game indeed. Sucked with AP getting the touchdown though. That's makes me 1-3 in my money league this year and all 3 losses I've lost by a combined 7 points.[/QUOTE]

that sucks. I lost my game due to not starting Favre or Berrian.....i was only down by 12 but i thought the pack would hold better against the pass...but obviously i was wrong. next week they are going in though. They are going to outright CREAM St.Louis

If Rodgers actually had some protection tonight I think the game would have went the other way. Green Bay needs to overhaul that o line big time.

[quote name='DomLando']If Rodgers actually had some protection tonight I think the game would have went the other way. Green Bay needs to overhaul that o line big time.[/QUOTE]

i def could see that....Chad Clifton was out so as Gruden was saying...or Jaws...that the line literally had to be shifted. Green Bay needs depth on that O-Line. I still can't believe Levi Jones is still on the market. someone needs to sign him up.

Jennings has been an absolute horrible fantasy receiver. Before the season every "expert" was saying he was going to be a top 5 receiver at the least and some had him in the top 3. I lost my week by 4 points.

Haha, I love it. The Vikings decisively beat the Packers, "their first true test," as most have said, and still no one gives them the credit they deserve. Its all "well the Packers O-line lost the game for Rodgers" or "it could have easily gone the other way." Whatever, if Aaron Rodgers was the golden child and the Packers were the NFC North behemoths (and super bowl bound favorites) everyone made them out to be, particularly commentators at the beginning of the season, the Packers wouldn't be sitting in 3rd place behind the Vikings AND Bears. Two teams that are never given the credit they earn.

The Vikings can be elite if (and that's a big if):

- Favre can continue to play like that (it was his first really good game)
- The Vikings O-Line can protect Favre like that
- The Vikings pass rush can play like that

Purple Jesus didn't do anything last night and it was on Favre to win the game. He had insane pass protection AND the Vikings D came up huge on that goal line stand plus denying the 2-point conversion made the last 3 minutes completely different. They also were in Rodgers face all night - I guarantee 8 sacks will be their season high.

I don't really give a shit about either team (I dislike them both the same but they play in a division I don't pay attention to until the NFC playoffs) and I honestly think if the Packers were able to do ANYTHING regarding pass protection then it would have been much closer. The Vikings didn't blow me away by their performance but they played really good. They are in the conversation for best team in the NFC for sure along with the Saints and Giants. It's early though.

jennings has quietly had a wrist injury. the pack hasnt made a big deal about it, but at this point its hard not to wonder if its playing a factor. that said, i wouldnt give up on jennings, hes too good. the packers o line is terrible, and thats probably playing a factor too.

im really glad the packers kicked the field goal at the end of the game instead of going for the TD (great coaching!) because that put me over the top in a very very close fantasy game.

[quote name='javeryh']The Vikings can be elite if (and that's a big if):

- Favre can continue to play like that (it was his first really good game)
- The Vikings O-Line can protect Favre like that
- The Vikings pass rush can play like that

Purple Jesus didn't do anything last night and it was on Favre to win the game. He had insane pass protection AND the Vikings D came up huge on that goal line stand plus denying the 2-point conversion made the last 3 minutes completely different. They also were in Rodgers face all night - I guarantee 8 sacks will be their season high.

I don't really give a shit about either team (I dislike them both the same but they play in a division I don't pay attention to until the NFC playoffs) and I honestly think if the Packers were able to do ANYTHING regarding pass protection then it would have been much closer. The Vikings didn't blow me away by their performance but they played really good. They are in the conversation for best team in the NFC for sure along with the Saints and Giants. It's early though.[/QUOTE]

See, that's the thing though. Last night showed that when one of the Vikings run gets more or less shut down, Favre is still there to throw.

Look at his first 12 games from the past 4 seasons. Now look at his final 4 games from the past 4 seasons. Now Minnesota's hopes and dreams are crushed.

[quote name='KingBroly']Look at his first 12 games from the past 4 seasons. Now look at his final 4 games from the past 4 seasons. Now Minnesota's hopes and dreams are crushed.[/QUOTE]

He who? Favre?

[quote name='KingBroly']I swear I was implying 'he who must not be named' in there.[/QUOTE]

Voldermortimage.jpg

I didn't know Lord Voldemore is playing in the NFL now.

Favre's been ass towards the end of the past two seasons.....but with the Vikes schedule they'll probably rest him.

[quote name='integralsmatic']that sucks. I lost my game due to not starting Favre or Berrian.....i was only down by 12 but i thought the pack would hold better against the pass...but obviously i was wrong. next week they are going in though. They are going to outright CREAM St.Louis[/QUOTE]

I tried to pick up Favre to get me through my bye week but someone who had a higher waiver priority got him. Orton did a decent job for me in a pinch thanks to Marshall and that 50 yrd TD at the end. As a Bears fan I was really hoping the Packers would've beaten the Vikes to bring them back to the pack in the division. Especially with St. Louis next week.

Well Braylon wasn't exactly lighting things up, being the only offensive threat on the Browns anyway.

Crabtree finally signs with the Niners. No details yet on what the contract but I hope the Niners didn't go above 10th pick money. I'm glad it's finally done. Time to get to work Crabs.

[quote name='DT778']Crabtree finally signs with the Niners. No details yet on what the contract but I hope the Niners didn't go above 10th pick money. I'm glad it's finally done. Time to get to work Crabs.[/QUOTE]

DO you think the veterans will give him a hard time for holding out or is there an unwritten rule that you have to do what you have to do in order to get the contract you want - even if it is to the detriment of the team?

^ Vets will bust his ass, coaches won't.

No way they gave him more than the last contract offer... I'm just glad he is here. When he is finally into the system in about 6 weeks time, they will need him. Another good threat now with the running game, Morgan and a reborn Vernon Davis.

bread's done
Back