2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

Good games between the macs and lakers. Not so great between the bulls and hawks. Celtics vs Mavs would be a good championship series.

[quote name='advanced']The league did a lot of fixing for the fouls in this game today. James Jones tech was rescinded but he was given a Flagrant 1 foul on the play. There's two points. JO's flagrant was downgraded, there is 5 points (2 on the foul and a 3 from Bibby with the possession. With as shitty as we played, if it were called right, it'd have been way closer than the score was.

And just because the one consistency the referee's have had is being consistently horrible at their job doesn't mean we should find it okay that they aren't competent at their jobs. If I made as many mistakes as they did at my job in one day, I'd have been fired a long fucking time ago. I'm willing to be your job is the same way.

Also, after those fixes, Paul Pierce STILL wasn't given a flagrant for the "headbutt" and wasn't suspended for it either. Want to know why? BECAUSE IT WASN'T A HEADBUTT! The refs actually got that call completely right, which is, sadly, surprising.[/QUOTE]

Let it go. Pierce is one of the biggest floppers in the league. KG gets away with killer elbows. Call these make up calls. Your team got their asses handed to them in Game 1. There was no way even with Pierce that they were going to win.

On another note... like I mentioned awhile back Perkins is a big waste of space. Look... Zac and Gasol have abused him in the series so far. That is after getting worked in round 1. Good to see my point proven.

[quote name='lordopus99']Let it go. Pierce is one of the biggest floppers in the league. KG gets away with killer elbows. Call these make up calls. Your team got their asses handed to them in Game 1. There was no way even with Pierce that they were going to win.

On another note... like I mentioned awhile back Perkins is a big waste of space. Look... Zac and Gasol have abused him in the series so far. That is after getting worked in round 1. Good to see my point proven.[/QUOTE]

You're a Magic fan, right? You want to talk KG's killer elbows when Dwight's made his name on them? :D :D

I never said Pierce wasn't a flopper. Really, that has nothing to do with what I said at all, but if anything, that proves my point that the referees in this league are shit. Flopping wouldn't be a part of the game if they got the calls right most of the time and didn't tolerate flopping. Still, that was just a few critical bad calls from G1. C's played like shit and got beat for it, thats plain truth right there and I agree with it.

[quote name='advanced']You're a Magic fan, right? You want to talk KG's killer elbows when Dwight's made his name on them? :D :D

I never said Pierce wasn't a flopper. Really, that has nothing to do with what I said at all, but if anything, that proves my point that the referees in this league are shit. Flopping wouldn't be a part of the game if they got the calls right most of the time and didn't tolerate flopping. Still, that was just a few critical bad calls from G1. C's played like shit and got beat for it, thats plain truth right there and I agree with it.[/QUOTE]

Totally. Blame David Stern and his crew for not stopping the favoritism the refs/league has on Superstars (not named Dwight), the flopping that they continue to allow, etc. I remember when they use to allow big guys to bang down low, now instead they don't without being called; well depends on the game :lol:. They continue to try/implement terrible rules i.e. like the recent talk about trying to allow players to take balls off the rim. Can you really blame the refs if they can get away with it... It reminds me of the game earlier on this playoffs where Dirk alone had more FTs in the 4th quarter than the whole Portland team had that whole game. :applause:

One of things I love about futbol is the fact that you can openly criticizes refs and its common place to say, "That ref had a bad game." Hell I have heard commentator Gray flat out say...this ref is terrible today. It goes a long way as a fan to know that at least it recognized that a ref did indeed screw you team over. Yea it still sucks but you feel better.

On the other hand Stern treats the Refs in the NBA like the fucking gestapo. Dont question anything they do or you might vanish during the night. Refs have bad games period...you would look more legit if you just would admit that calls get blown and deal with it in a semi public way.

The, "Dont say...do...or even look at a ref the wrong way," just adds to the fire of how shitty NBA refs are. They are protected so much that its a detriment to the NBA itself.

[quote name='Soodmeg']One of things I love about futbol is the fact that you can openly criticizes refs and its common place to say, "That ref had a bad game." Hell I have heard commentator Gray flat out say...this ref is terrible today. It goes a long way as a fan to know that at least it recognized that a ref did indeed screw you team over. Yea it still sucks but you feel better.

On the other hand Stern treats the Refs in the NBA like the fucking gestapo. Dont question anything they do or you might vanish during the night. Refs have bad games period...you would look more legit if you just would admit that calls get blown and deal with it in a semi public way.

The, "Dont say...do...or even look at a ref the wrong way," just adds to the fire of how shitty NBA refs are. They are protected so much that its a detriment to the NBA itself.[/QUOTE]

Be careful Stern will fine you for this.

and Advanced, what did they say about the call against wade? Did they give him a flagrant for that retarded shao khan john cena shoulder block cause that was the worse "getting around a set screen" ive ever seen even

Last edited by a moderator:
That was probably the funniest most euro soft last couple of minutes ever.
3 straight chalmers flops, a rondo flop, a bosh flop, and a couple others

[quote name='renique46']Be careful Stern will fine you for this.

and Advanced, what did they say about the call against wade? Did they give him a flagrant for that retarded shao khan john cena shoulder block cause that was the worse "getting around a set screen" ive ever seen even[/QUOTE]

It remained unchanged, so I guess it was just the tech. I might be wrong about that though. Wade pulled a "LBJ Shoulder Plow" on Pierce on that one. They don't ever seem to call it on LBJ either. :)

Didn't get to see the first half, but I imagine it was like the second. Probably won't catch G3 but I'm gonna try. Hopefully we can turn this around.

Had you told me at the start of the season that both the Lakers and Celtics would be down 0-2 in their respective series in the Conference Semi-Finals, I'd have told you to give me some of what you've got in that pipe there.

Crazy post-season this year, making it pretty exciting!

2 for 20 3-pt shooting. And those two were at the very end of the game after they were dead and buried.

9 of 20 free throws missed.

Artest ejected (and will be suspended for game 3).

Easily one of the worst games the Lakers have played this season. I would have been angry if I paid to watch it live.

wow I never thought the Mavs would be up 2-0 going back to Dallas. I'm impressed. A Heat-Mavs finals rematch? If so, I hope Dirk wins a ring. He is one of the best scoring 7 footers in the history of the game and probbably the only one that could hit fade away jumpers on one foot:lol:

LoLhawks

and why is bynum continuing to get abused in the paint but an inferior chandler flops and can get a call or when hes in the paint he also gets to line

[quote name='themaster20000']Excellent game between Lakers and the Mavs.I see the Lakers at least getting game 5,but other than that there done.[/QUOTE]

They need to get Game 4 first, or there won't be a Game 5.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']They need to get Game 4 first, or there won't be a Game 5.[/QUOTE]

Oh I meant game 4,jumping ahead of myself there.They gave a good game after that horrible game 2,but Dallas kept getting big shots,and they just couldn't stop them in the end.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']They need to get Game 4 first, or there won't be a Game 5.[/QUOTE]

The no shit police are here.

[quote name='Drclaw411']First: fuck LEBRON, THE heats, AND THE LEBRANDWAGON FANS.

Anyway: ALL YEAR, my friends have called me "negative" and "a bad fan" because i've all year said that the Bulls simply CANNOT beat teams with nevermissathree players. While earth was saying Bulls in 4, I was saying Bulls will be lucky to win in 7. Jeff Teague, Jamal Crawford, and Joe Johnson are all three point sharpshooters. I don't think the Bulls more than two games in this series.

THE BULLS CANNOT WIN AGAINST THREE POINT SHARPSHOOTERS. BOTTOM LINE. It's been the story all year, and i've been rideculed for saying it. Game 1 loss is season over in my opinion. Especially since Rose is now (likely) missing the rest of the playoffs on that turned ankle.

I'M CALLING IT RIGHT NOW: NBA is gonna get exactly what they want. "WTF" teams Atlanta and Memphis will go to the conference finals. Hawks will be swept by the heats, by at least 15 points in all four games. Grizzlies will take the Lakers to six, in all close games. Then in the NBA Finals, heats in 5. 3 Miami blowout wins, 1 close Miami win, 1 overtime Lakers win. Beginning of the heats dynasty, and an even bigger takeover of the LeBrangwagon fans.

fuck everything.[/QUOTE]Bulls will win the series, that is all.
[quote name='Blackout']I'm calling Bulls and Mavs for the championship.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This OKC/Memphis game is really good.[/QUOTE]
Indeed it is. I just don't see the Bulls getting past the Heat or Celtics. We'll see what happens though.

rondoelbow-thumb-600x436-40999.jpg

Thats playing through an elbow injury, LeBron. What a hero he was last year, taking one free throw left handed.

Yeah that game was good and Rondo gets a lot of credit. On the other hand Chalmers is such a bitch that I want to murder his face. The guy has one damn arm how are you still letting him torch you?

The problem was (although they were getting beat anyway) you cant let a team rally around something like that. When Rondo came back Mario should have stuck to him like glue because anything Rondo did was boost the moral and the media.

WOW... i guess its time to say good-bye Lakers. Sad to see Phil go out this way but regardless his legacy wont be ruined because of this series but still WOW...

Wow, I guess Phil Jackson didn't want to watch the tape on the '07 Warriors coached by Don Nelson. They trapped Dirk during his pivot, off balanced shot making him ineffective in the series.

[quote name='seen']Wow, I guess Phil Jackson didn't want to watch the tape on the '07 Warriors coached by Don Nelson. They trapped Dirk during his pivot, off balanced shot making him ineffective in the series.[/QUOTE]

As a Warriors fan I can say this, Dirk has never played better than what we're seeing now.

Capn' Jack was so far in Dirk's head it wasn't even funny.

The Lakers have no one close to Jack's defensive ability to cover a person of Dirk's size/agility.

Nonethless it's pointless since Dirk enabled cheat codes and turned into a great player.

Lakers are out of control! Very immature, 2 in a row thrown out. First Odom on the pick lunging into Dirk, now Bynum leveling Barea.

Lakers fans should be embarrassed and ashamed. That Bynum elbow was so uncalled for. He went out to hurt the poor guy. I hope they fine him to death.

Lakeshow need to trade the bust that is Bynum and the lifetime under achiever Odom. Its easy to see now how far Kobe is carrying these guys.

Both of them are fucking bums.

[quote name='seen']Wow, I guess Phil Jackson didn't want to watch the tape on the '07 Warriors coached by Don Nelson. They trapped Dirk during his pivot, off balanced shot making him ineffective in the series.[/QUOTE]

That Mavs team had three three point shooters: Terry, Stackhouse, and Josh Howard.

This Mavs team has Peja, Barea, Terry, Kidd, Stevenson, and if Beaubois were healthy, six three point shooters. Also, the 07 Mavs didn't have anyone capable of doing what Tyson Chandler does on defense and the glass.

Did anyone honestly think the Mavs would sweep the Lakers? I mean, I thought they would win, but I figured a hard fought 7 game series, not this pathetic nonsense.

bread's done
Back