2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

[quote name='jello44']
The police investigating this is just a waste of time and money.[/QUOTE]

Pretty ridiculous and the Canadian's are overreacting WAAAAAYY too much... Are the Habs like the Yankees here in the US? Way overrated and... brats (for the lack of a better word)?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Pretty ridiculous and the Canadian's are overreacting WAAAAAYY too much... Are the Habs like the Yankees here in the US? Way overrated and... brats (for the lack of a better word)?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. They both have that sense of "entitlement" and will always fall back on their "rings".

In regards to Pacioretty, yes, the french media is going crazy. Up until I watched it again today, I was of the opinion that it was simply a clean hit at a bad place on the ice.

Today I noticed that after the body contact, Chara can clearly be using his left arm/hand to pull/hold back Pacioretty by the shoulder and then pushes him forward with the same left arm in the same area just before contact with the side of the boards.

I'm now truly disgusted with the outcome of Chara's "meeting" last week.

ONLY? Seriously... ? Why should he have had any... ?! He also got fined $80,000... He was actually being useful too... Ya... I'm so sure Ott hasn't blatently elbowed a guy in his career... What about Langinbrunner's Boarding that was never called and now Wallin is hurt...

Hay Bettman and duh NHL, good job sending a message... THE WRONG MESSAGE. christ...

OH, btw... If you think I'm being subjective and it's ok that Heatley gets a 2 game while there are MANY other case that are much worse that DESERVE a 2 game suspension ur insane...

Edit: Actually... As insane as the NHL and Bettman...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Canadian_Man']In regards to Pacioretty, yes, the french media is going crazy. Up until I watched it again today, I was of the opinion that it was simply a clean hit at a bad place on the ice.

Today I noticed that after the body contact, Chara can clearly be using his left arm/hand to pull/hold back Pacioretty by the shoulder and then pushes him forward with the same left arm in the same area just before contact with the side of the boards.

I'm now truly disgusted with the outcome of Chara's "meeting" last week.[/QUOTE]

Tying up your emergency response phone lines calling for Chara to be arrested is way beyond Crazy. Its "Yahooism." I see a full check being made. I really don't see a deliberate attempt to run Pacioretty into the boards, I see a run of the mill hockey check.

[quote name='VipFREAK']ONLY? Seriously... ? Why should he have had any... ?! He also got fined $80,000... He was actually being useful too... Ya... I'm so sure Ott hasn't blatently elbowed a guy in his career... What about Langinbrunner's Boarding that was never called and now Wallin is hurt...

Hay Bettman and duh NHL, good job sending a message... THE WRONG MESSAGE. christ...

OH, btw... If you think I'm being subjective and it's ok that Heatley gets a 2 game while there are MANY other case that are much worse that DESERVE a 2 game suspension ur insane...

Edit: Actually... As insane as the NHL and Bettman...[/QUOTE]

That's not the point. Heatley went out of his way to make contact with Ott's head like Brad Marchand did with Uhmberger. The head hits are exactly what the NHL are trying to get rid of, and as of late they've been going at offenders much harder.

as a sharks fan im fine with heatley getting 2 games. it was a blatant selfish non-hockey play. that being said, the NHLs problem with suspensions has always been consistency, and by the end of the year im sure youll be able to say "heatley got 2 games, but so-and-so didnt get any games (or 5 games)"... something along those lines. the NHL really needs to set up some black and white guidelines on suspensions, have a suspension czar or something like that.

[quote name='llPunisherll']Tying up your emergency response phone lines calling for Chara to be arrested is way beyond Crazy. Its "Yahooism." I see a full check being made. I really don't see a deliberate attempt to run Pacioretty into the boards, I see a run of the mill hockey check.[/QUOTE]
Calling 911 over this is ridiculous.

Watch it again and make sure you're watching it from a camera on the same side of the ice as the hit, above the player benches. Once you've got that, watch Chara's left arm and you will see it is how I described.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']as a sharks fan im fine with heatley getting 2 games. it was a blatant selfish non-hockey play. that being said, the NHLs problem with suspensions has always been consistency, and by the end of the year im sure youll be able to say "heatley got 2 games, but so-and-so didnt get any games (or 5 games)"... something along those lines. the NHL really needs to set up some black and white guidelines on suspensions, have a suspension czar or something like that.[/QUOTE]

case in point. hornqvist got a $2500 fine for his just as deliberate elbow to seguin, which actually made contact and required stitches, and no suspension.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6232767

Did Lecavalier get any fine/suspension for his 2-handed chop on Subban? I'm getting real tired of seeing all this bullshit cheapshotting and dirty plays. I really don't mind a fight now and then, but I also enjoy watching a good, clean hockey game where nobody gets hurt.

All these suspensions and incidents is getting ridiculous... It's becoming basketball way too much... I can't even keep up with all of them...

Stupid refs. Ponikarovsky was shoved into Emery, and the Kings goal was waved off and Poni was sent to the box for goalie interference. Bullshit.

[quote name='KingBroly']Good win for the Caps last night. I don't want them to play the Rangers though.[/QUOTE]

Nah they can lose to the Penguins in the second round after the miracle return of Sidney Crosby

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Nah they can lose to the Penguins in the second round after the miracle return of Sidney Crosby[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine the blowing that will happen when Sid comes back for the playoffs and the Pens make a run.

Ugh... it makes me want to preemptively vomit.

Cheapshot extraordinaire Matt Cooke is at it again! Clear elbow to McDonagh's head. I won't be surprised if he gets suspended 10 games for this one.

Turns out I may be going to the Red Wings game tomorrow. Thankfully I won't have to fear half of the team getting their heads knocked off now that Cooke will be out for some time.

[quote name='madbst']Cheapshot extraordinaire Matt Cooke is at it again! Clear elbow to McDonagh's head. I won't be surprised if he gets suspended 10 games for this one.[/QUOTE]

He needs to be banned from the league before he seriously injures someone. Fines and suspensions are obviously not working.

..and wasn't Mario bitching about this kind of behavior a month ago after the Islanders beat the shit out of them? But I guess that is ok, as long as said person is a Penguin.

[quote name='jello44']He needs to be banned from the league before he seriously injures someone. Fines and suspensions are obviously not working.

..and wasn't Mario bitching about this kind of behavior a month ago after the Islanders beat the shit out of them? But I guess that is ok, as long as said person is a Penguin.[/QUOTE]

Owner when their players get hurt: "The league needs to stop this rough housing."

Owner when their players hurt others: "Balls to the wall, boys!"

[quote name='jello44']He needs to be banned from the league before he seriously injures someone. Fines and suspensions are obviously not working.

..and wasn't Mario bitching about this kind of behavior a month ago after the Islanders beat the shit out of them? But I guess that is ok, as long as said person is a Penguin.[/QUOTE]

I lost a lot of respect for Mario when he made those comments. His team employs the worst cheapshot artist in the league, and then he complains when a couple of his guys get punched?

It's great that the Kings beat the Sharks in the shootout, but seriously... 3.2 seconds away from a regulation win, and they blew it? Son of a bitch.

[quote name='jimijumper']Bruins spank Habs 7-0
See you in the playoffs Montreal....[/QUOTE]
I was there tonight, great game. Couldn't ask for more.

911x.jpg

Not mine but still funny.

Couture's thinking: Heatley or... Score? Duh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnek9MYYIoQ

[quote name='Matt Young']It's great that the Kings beat the Sharks in the shootout, but seriously... 3.2 seconds away from a regulation win, and they blew it? Son of a bitch.[/QUOTE]

We really didn't deserve to win that game. Also, you'll be happy to know the only reason we were able to tie it up at the last second was because Heatley was sitting on the bench at the time...

[quote name='madbst']I lost a lot of respect for Mario when he made those comments. His team employs the worst cheapshot artist in the league, and then he complains when a couple of his guys get punched?[/QUOTE]

There's no hypocrisy at all. Mario wanted tougher penalties on players who hit dudes in the head and when Cooke got a tough penalty for hitting a dude in the head the organization supported the suspension 100%.

Don't act like (a) the Penguins are the only team in the league with people who do hits to the head and (b) no one else in the league would have Matt Cooke on their team besides the Penguins.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']There's no hypocrisy at all. Mario wanted tougher penalties on players who hit dudes in the head and when Cooke got a tough penalty for hitting a dude in the head the organization supported the suspension 100%.

Don't act like (a) the Penguins are the only team in the league with people who do hits to the head and (b) no one else in the league would have Matt Cooke on their team besides the Penguins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but no one else is complaining the way he did. He started complaining after a couple of his guys got hit, not after Cooke does one of his cheap shots. He hit Savard last year, hey Mario any complaining on that? Nope. His players get roughed up a bit by the Islanders and there he is complaining how it's not hockey anymore and threatening to leave the league.

Well, if I'm really lucky after today I'll be in the championship for my fantasy hockey game. Pretty wild considering how mediocre my team was all year. So today I'll be rooting for the flyers, sens, and especially the penguins.

got tickets to the sharks ducks game this saturday for my birthday. booya!

well i somehow made it to the fantasy hockey championship, but man it looks like im going to get beat down. oh well, i'll still get a share of the prize money!

bread's done
Back