2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

LOL @ fucks losing. Thanks AVS.

Guchi arse gets in gear for once eh... ? Oh, thanks again AVS. LOL

Edit:

Don't really care about the Nucks... but Wow nice win dismanteling the SARS and putting them in their place. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TC']My cousin was at that Wings/Lightning game Thursday. And yeah they were all in Wings gear.[/QUOTE]

I was there too. The atmosphere was better than any Lightning game I had been to previously this season. The comments on the Lightning Facebook page afterward were priceless too, especially regarding the kid who cleaned up the octopus and swung it over his head.

Happy Hockey Day in America!

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Man... I can't believe the Wings have to settle this in a shootout.

EDIT: YES!!!![/QUOTE]

They have played 3 ges in four days. They were due for an off game.

To me it was a fear that Minnesota would steal away a point that they did not deserve after being outplayed. Speaking of playing many games in a short time I just looked at the Wings calender for the rest of the month and they seem to be playing every other day it seems.

Great game Sharks and Wings.

To: Heatley and Marleau... That's why you're on the SECOND line. :roll:

How.. How does everyone not know already Clowe will go back hand high?? lol...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Please Wilson... PLEASE! trade Heatley...

Edit: Color me Surprised.[/QUOTE]

I wish you liked 29 other teams.

It's almost too hard to watch a favorite team in the Campbell Conference right now... One day you're in 10th, two days later you're in 5th, then 9th, etc...

[quote name='nasum']It's almost too hard to watch a favorite team in the Campbell Conference right now.[/QUOTE]

2hg4nwi.jpg

Puck Daddy trade coverage doesn't seem as robust as it has been in previous years. Or is there really nothing happening?

[quote name='shieryda']How long is Taylor Hall going to be out? He hurt his ankle during his first fight.[/QUOTE]

I read he's done for the year. Most likely because the Oilers are completely out of it, no reason to rush him back at this point in the year.

Went to the Caps-Bolts game tonight. I don't know why Neuvirth left the game, but I'm glad he did because Holtby was awesome. The Caps, at least from my angle got EXTREMELY lucky winning tonight. The disallowed goal for Tampa should've counted. But since Semin came back and tied it, and Ovie won it in OT was sweet. The first time I've been to a shootout, too.

As far as Tampa's arena goes, the place kinda sucks.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't know why Neuvirth left the game[/QUOTE]

He took a shot to the head early in the game. You probably saw his mask get knocked off.

I only saw the 3rd period/overtime/shoot out in the Bolts-Caps game, but it felt like a playoff game. I would have preferred the lightning to win. I'm waiting to get a Stamkos jersey when Tampa has the new logo next year.

[quote name='TC']He took a shot to the head early in the game. You probably saw his mask get knocked off.[/QUOTE]

That I did. I don't know why that got knocked off. The shot didn't look that bad even though it delayed the game roughly 2 minutes. I was in row 8 in the lower bowl, but it happened at the opposite side of the ice. The tickets were $5 a piece. I got to see the Semin and Ovechkin goals which were nice. I don't know how Tampa didn't get a goal in the second on Holtby though. It was a miracle or something.

The first period it looked like the Capitals wanted to kill the Lightning. The third though was all Washington.

[quote name='KingBroly']That I did. I don't know why that got knocked off. The shot didn't look that bad even though it delayed the game roughly 2 minutes. I was in row 8 in the lower bowl, but it happened at the opposite side of the ice. The tickets were $5 a piece. I got to see the Semin and Ovechkin goals which were nice. I don't know how Tampa didn't get a goal in the second on Holtby though. It was a miracle or something.

The first period it looked like the Capitals wanted to kill the Lightning. The third though was all Washington.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I watched that game on TV and Holtby was the only reason the Caps had any chance. He's one hell of a young talent.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'd need a stretcher too...[/QUOTE]

Saw that on Yahoo this AM, lots of people saying it was dirty. Kind of hard to tell, I mean yeah Chara should know where he's at on the ice at all times but it's hard to call that intentional...

Lots of people being extremely stupid too calling for a ban for the rest of the year. He'll probably get a couple games but people make him out to be some kind of monster. (I should note that this comes from lurking other places where Montreal has the most users)

Okay, City of Tampa, you need to fix your parking situation downtown. Just...DAMN. It sucks hard.

I find it odd that it took me 4 seasons and to take a vacation 3 states down in order to see an NHL Shootout. And then I see it happen in back to back games.

I heart St Louis even if that fuck is a midget and old. LOL

@Chara Incident. I think shit happens it's a quick game, but at the same time... Did the guy really need to do it? No.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Wow http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AlvlsizcCQToeSGkcvc_A6t7vLYF?slug=ap-canadiens-pacioretty[/QUOTE]

The Chara hit needs to stay an NHL issue. Because of this hit, you have Canadiens fans tying up the Canadian 9-1-1 system to demand that Chara be arrested for Assault, you have Air Canada threatening to take away its NHL sponsorship because of the hit, and even the Canadian Government warning the NHL that it will take actions against on-ice violence.

There have been dirtier hits in the NHL that actually had intent to injure go unpunished, and this is the hit that draws the outrage? Thats complete bull.

Honestly if the Chara hit is worth looking at by the police then every single head shot should be looked at by the police. It's terrible that the injury was rather severe but the hit was not a sucker punch nor was a weapon (hockey stick) used.

[quote name='KingBroly']That I did. I don't know why that got knocked off. The shot didn't look that bad even though it delayed the game roughly 2 minutes. I was in row 8 in the lower bowl, but it happened at the opposite side of the ice. The tickets were $5 a piece. I got to see the Semin and Ovechkin goals which were nice. I don't know how Tampa didn't get a goal in the second on Holtby though. It was a miracle or something.

The first period it looked like the Capitals wanted to kill the Lightning. The third though was all Washington.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious. How did you get tickets for that awesome price? PM me or something. I would definately drive to Tampa for that price.

Chara has always carried himself in a very sportsman like manner on the ice. He's had many opportunities to destroy guys and has let up. Even in fights I've seen him hold back. I don't think for a moment he ever intended to injury Pacioretty. Getting the police involved in this and Air Canada threatening to withdraw sponsorship is just plain dumb. The league not giving Chara a two/three game suspension just to say "players pay more attention when hitting guys who could be in vulnerable situations" is also dumb.

[quote name='KingBroly']Okay, City of Tampa, you need to fix your parking situation downtown. Just...DAMN. It sucks hard.

I find it odd that it took me 4 seasons and to take a vacation 3 states down in order to see an NHL Shootout. And then I see it happen in back to back games.[/QUOTE]

Hey! Were you at the Hawks game last night? Me too! My first shoot-out game. Pretty entertaining.

And, for the record, I am absolutely appalled that Kubina got 3 games for his hit to the head, while Chara gets off with barely a slap on the wrist for BREAKING A GUY'S NECK!!!

[quote name='jbuck138']I'm curious. How did you get tickets for that awesome price? PM me or something. I would definately drive to Tampa for that price.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know too.

I'm a bit surprised the turnbuckles haven't claimed more casualties like Pacioretty. Those things are accidents waiting to happen.

Dirty hit or not, NHL not taking further action against Chara isn't going to help them in the long run. I don't think it warrants the season bans and blacklistings some people having been calling for, but not adding anything further to a major penalty that caused severe injury is already causing a shitstorm.

When you could make a really good team out of the guys that have gone down to concussions just this season, I think it's time for the NHL to second guess their "Just Playing Hard" mentality.

[quote name='shieryda']Hey! Were you at the Hawks game last night? Me too! My first shoot-out game. Pretty entertaining.

And, for the record, I am absolutely appalled that Kubina got 3 games for his hit to the head, while Chara gets off with barely a slap on the wrist for BREAKING A GUY'S NECK!!![/QUOTE]

I was indeed. Section 330. That game had a lot of uncalled penalties, and that insanely blatant hand pass.

[quote name='KingBroly']I was indeed. Section 330. That game had a lot of uncalled penalties, and that insanely blatant hand pass.[/QUOTE]

Aww, man! We were in 317! Supposedly, Stamkos' uncle was sitting 4 seats away from us. He was originally sitting in my father-in-law's seat, but he moved down in the same row.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Honestly if the Chara hit is worth looking at by the police then every single head shot should be looked at by the police. It's terrible that the injury was rather severe but the hit was not a sucker punch nor was a weapon (hockey stick) used.[/QUOTE]

Shit, if they looked at every hit to the head, Matt Cooke would be in jail for a long time.... on second thought, that might not be a bad idea.

The only time it was warranted was when Bertuzzi jumped Steve Moore. His was intentional to do that. There was no malice intended with the Chara hit.

The police investigating this is just a waste of time and money.

Just watched Alex Ovechkin - The Great 8 documentary. My wife even liked watching it. Most of it is his offseason in Russia.

bread's done
Back