2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

dayyumm...........
Will have to check an injury report later on to see if his eye socket was broken.

my Pens were disappointing last night. Wish I could have watched the Edmonton game; stupid Versus. Edmonton went from a team I wouldn't dare watch to a team I want to see. Hope they do well.

[quote name='nasum']dayyumm...........
Will have to check an injury report later on to see if his eye socket was broken.[/QUOTE]
Ivanans won't crosscheck Paajarvi in the face again after that. Not an Edmonton fan at all but I liked MacIntyre a lot when he was in Providence. One of the toughest guys in the league, almost no one will fight him.

Phoenix/Boston game in 18 minutes, looking forward to it. I'd like to see both teams do well again this season, but I have to root for the Yotes first.

[quote name='Matt Young']This is what I'm doing this weekend:

[/QUOTE]
Nice!

I'd like to go to the Phoenix/Detroit opening game, but I'm going to be too busy, so instead I opted for the game on the 21st against the Kings. Those two teams are usually pretty fun to watch play against each other so it works out.

Wings ran all over Anaheim. Hope we do the same to Chicago tonight. Also I'm happy for Zdeno Chara getting a new 7 year contract in Boston. Great player.

^Yeah they did. Hope they will too, I want to see Jerko put in his place.

[quote name='dafoomie']Raitis Ivanans got knocked the fuck out by Steve MacIntyre.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he fucking did although I didn't know THAT much until I saw highlights. lol

[quote name='madbst']Too bad? Fights are entertaining. I'll have to see a replay of the brawl.[/QUOTE]

Which one? There were at least four in the last few minutes, and one of the Devils got ejected for inciting a 5 on 5 brawl that took a full two minutes to calm down.

I do love me a good fight but at that point we (the Caps) were up 7-2 with 2 min. left, so it just dragged on.

My Kings opened up tonight in Vancouver. It was the 40th anniversary of the Canucks' first game, and the two teams wore the same jerseys they wore 40 years ago. The Kings were held scoreless until a few minutes remained in the 3rd and Justin Williams put in a power play goal. After LA blew a power play opportunity on overtime (a theme throughout the game for a team that was great on the PP last year), they stopped Vancouver in the shootout to take the victory 2-1. The Kings head to Calgary tomorrow, then open at home Tuesday against Atlanta and play the Canucks again at Staples on Friday.

I'm so pumped for this season, with the Kings looking so good last year. I got to see them play at Frozen Fury in Vegas last Saturday, when they beat the Avalanche again, and 2 weeks from tonight, I start going to ECHL Ontario Reign games almost every weekend. Hopefully, I can go to a good amount of Kings games as well. I've been to 6-7 each of the past 2 years, as well as this year's draft.

I'll edit this post with a link to pics from Frozen Fury after I upload them to Photobucket. They're on my Facebook now.

I'm excited about Tampa Bay this year, Steven Stamkos, Vincent Lecavalier, and Martin St Louis will hopefully tear things up this year, even though we're in the same division as the Washington Capitols, I have high hopes.

I think I might be the only Tampa Bay fan.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I'm excited about Tampa Bay this year, Steven Stamkos, Vincent Lecavalier, and Martin St Louis will hopefully tear things up this year, even though we're in the same division as the Washington Capitols, I have high hopes.

I think I might be the only Tampa Bay fan.[/QUOTE]

The Bolts have a good team on paper and now they finally have someone with a brain running the front office. They will be fun team to watch.

[quote name='TC']The Bolts have a good team on paper and now they finally have someone with a brain running the front office. They will be fun team to watch.[/QUOTE]

I hope to get to a game down there this winter. I just want to see Victor Hedman skate. He's supposed to be a #1 d-man in a few years.

@ TC, that sucks about Rafalski. How long will he be out?

[quote name='shieryda']I hope to get to a game down there this winter. I just want to see Victor Hedman skate. He's supposed to be a #1 d-man in a few years.

@ TC, that sucks about Rafalski. How long will he be out?[/QUOTE]

You should for sure man. Like I've said before it's a great time and the Bolts are fun to see in person.

Rafalski will miss a month.

On another note Joe Sacco has done one hell of a job with the Aves.

Bryzgalov has been fantastic so far, we just need some damn goals!

What was with all those penalties? I nearly had a heart attack during that 4:00 minute Detroit PP.
Eh, at least we get a point of it.

I got a call a couple hours before game time and got to go to the Kings/Hurricanes game for free. That was pretty awesome. Kopitar got first star, picking up a couple points which included his first goal of the season, and Andrei Loktionov got his first NHL goal which turned out to be the game winner. Kings 4, Hurricanes 3. What a fun night! So glad hockey is back.

67574_482691399934_680884934_6806890_5788656_n.jpg

Back from the game against the Kings, Stempniak was awesome. I didn't care for the lackadaisical play by the Coyotes in the 3rd... but overall a good game.

Any news on Doughty?

Dave Tippet should be sending Brian Burke a hell of a Christmas gift every year Bryzgalov is in Phoenix. Bryzgalov is probably the best waiver wire pickup I can ever remember.

Tampa is fun to watch again :D

[quote name='shieryda']Got 3 Stalberg rookie cards yesterday.:D[/QUOTE]

Nice, I pulled this from a box shortly after he was traded to the hawks.

0910_SPA-1.png

Nice come from behind win for the Bruins. Lets hope they carry that momentum into tonight against the Habs. I'm going to the game and I expect it to be a good one.

[quote name='AK85']Nice, I pulled this from a box shortly after he was traded to the hawks.

0910_SPA-1.png
[/QUOTE]
Sweeeeeeeeet! That's about an $80 card.

Do you collect cards, then? I've got a BGS 9.5 Byfuglien coming from ebay. And I got some Burmistrovs on the way, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Columbus scored 8 last night? Crazy.[/QUOTE]

Blues are screwed. They don't have a line up anymore. lol That's why Columbus scored 8.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Blues are screwed. They don't have a line up anymore. lol That's why Columbus scored 8.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why they started Theodore, since Halak has been pretty hot lately.

bread's done
Back