2010 Winter Olympics

Of course they have to use football analogy to explain hockey to non-hockey fans watchng the USA vs Canada game... :roll: Go back to ur stupid ass football then.

holy crap end of regulation...I dont like hockey very much but important games aren't that bad to watch, sorta like baseball.

anyways pretty damn exciting game between usa/canada.

Only fitting this game goes to Overtime! Canada had at least 4 chances to put the game away and could not come through... at least, not yet.
Anyway, GO TEAM USA!

2-2 going into OT as the US tied the game with less than 30 seconds to go.

Sidney Crosby flat out whiffed on a breakaway with a couple of minutes left.

The fact that I do not have a bottle of maple whisky with me right now is a travesty. A national travesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Miller for getting us a medal! At the start of the tournament I wasn't even sure we'd get one, so I can't complain too much.

[quote name='The Crotch']Love you too, Geodude.[/QUOTE]

fuck you, you fucking Canadian.*

*We take hockey seriously in Michigan, motherfuckers.

How can anyone get mad at Canada for winning. It's like your little sister getting a great job.

Good Job, Little sister!

[quote name='georox']fuck you, you fucking Canadian.*

*We take hockey seriously in Michigan, motherfuckers.[/QUOTE]

Just be careful of Heatley driving home from the game.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Just be careful of Heatley driving home from the game.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Thats not nice.

Congrats to Team Canada hockey. You had the team to beat on paper and came through. Its not as easy as it seems. Team USA exceeded all expectations I had for them.

Team USA really kicked some butt in these Olympics overall. The athletes in Sochi have had the bar set very high.

The people of Canada have done a fantastic job hosting these Olympics. Thank You!

[quote name='TC']Ouch. Thats not nice.

Congrats to Team Canada hockey. You had the team to beat on paper and came through. Its not as easy as it seems. Team USA exceeded all expectations I had for them.

Team USA really kicked some butt in these Olympics overall. The athletes in Sochi have had the bar set very high.

The people of Canada have done a fantastic job hosting these Olympics. Thank You![/QUOTE]

Its not nice to kill people either.
Seriously though good game.

[quote name='myl0r']eh, Ohno has been skating long enough that he knows the risk. I was pissed he waited so late to make a move. It's like he was skating for Bronze.
I also didn't like how he said he felt it had to do with the judge being Canadian. That was weak, and stupid, of him. If you wanna think that, that's one thing. But don't talk about it, especially on tv.

that's why i love it. some sports in the Olympics are the types of things you really get into, but only when it's the Olympics. I think I could watch speed skating relays much more often

Also, I think it's lame that people are throwing a fit about the Canadian women hockey team celebrating on ice(after all the fans had left) by smoking cigars and drinking champagne/beer. It's legit to raise concerns about underage players, but let the rest celebrate.
And it is super lame of Scott Lago, American bronze medalist in Snowboarding, to get upset that he was forced to leave the games for his misconduct, yet nothing is said to the Canadians. Because pretending your medal is your penis and having a woman kiss it is pretty much the same as drinking champagne. Douche[/QUOTE]

Ohno did not wait on purpose, they were skating so fast and he had no room to make a move, he said this himself later. The only chance he had was to try a pass at the finish line. He got the worst lane start because his qualifying time was slower because he had the same shitty lane start in the previous race because he had to jump out of the way of two people who fell.

I'm glad he said it because I think he should be honest. You see all these other athletes these Olympics say these type of things when they're not on camera and then when they're asked about it on camera they act like they didn't say it. How would you feel if you were him and your potential last race at your last Olympics had you dq'd and a medal taken away from you then have a mic thrown in your face seconds after?

[quote name='thamaster24']Anyone else think the decision to disqualify Ohno in the 500 meter race was completely bogus? The touch had nothing to do with the Canadian falling.

Glad to see him add one more medal in the relay though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all angry with the Canadians as their best skater clearly won them 2 golds tonight. I think the IOC should really look at how the skating is officiated though.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it looked more bogus than a legitimate foul. Later they showed how the gold medal winning Canadian did the same thing to the Korean, but no call on him...

[quote name='Strell']Speed skating relay has to be one of the biggest clusterfucks I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

It is the complete opposite.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I hope lots of you are watching the olympic closing ceremonies, they are sensational.[/QUOTE]

-100 points for having Nickelback and Inflatable Moose.

[quote name='Strell']Hey TC, can you get me one of those pimp sweaters Team Canada wore to the closing ceremonies?[/QUOTE]

They totally stole that sweater design from my grandma.

[quote name='Strell']Hey TC, can you get me one of those pimp sweaters Team Canada wore to the closing ceremonies?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Crotch']...

They totally stole that sweater design from my grandma.[/QUOTE]

It can't be as bad as
montreal-canadiens-1912-2-530x325.jpg

Well at least Babcock gets to add to his legacy as a Wings Coach by bringing home the gold back to Detroit and Rafalski the silver. I feel bad for Rafalski...pretty sure its his last olympics and he performed so well...only to come home with Silver.

Hats off Team Canada! you guys deserved it!

Well it's official, Canada FAILs at opening and closing olympic ceremonies.

[quote name='TC']It can't be as bad as
montreal-canadiens-1912-2-530x325.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those are awesome.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Well at least Babcock gets to add to his legacy as a Wings Coach by bringing home the gold back to Detroit and Rafalski the silver. I feel bad for Rafalski...pretty sure its his last olympics and he performed so well...only to come home with Silver.

Hats off Team Canada! you guys deserved it![/QUOTE]

Lol, us Michiganders are the most bitter. That we lost as a nation, sure, but that the overtime winning goal was by a fucking Penguin is just cruel.

People that are saying he has surpassed Lemieux makes me want to chuke all over my keyboard.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol, us Michiganders are the most bitter. That we lost as a nation, sure, but that the overtime winning goal was by a fucking Penguin is just cruel.

People that are saying he has surpassed Lemieux makes me want to chuke all over my keyboard.[/QUOTE]

tell me about. Ive been a life long Wings Fan and i puked when Crosby scored that goal.memories of him holding the cup at the Joe still piss me off!

No way he has surpassed Lemieux.....yet. Its too damn early to make that statement. Plus if Lemieux didnt have hodgekins disease....he could have passed Gretzky in points. he was averaging what..a point or 2 per game? sure crosby accomplished a ton at 22 but i won't make any comparisons until a couple more years.....he needs tp win more cups for me to make that comparison. Its like Peyton Manning..he is a fantastic QB but at this point he isnt better than Montana since Joe had 4 to Peyton's 1.

couldnt have asked for a more exciting game yesterday. parise scoring at the end of the 3rd, we were going nuts at my house. and its only fitting that crosby win it in canada, kid is a stud.

im really bummed that we took home silver after such a good run, but hey, the canadian team was an amazing group of players, and im glad that some of my sharks got to get some gold.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']couldnt have asked for a more exciting game yesterday. parise scoring at the end of the 3rd, we were going nuts at my house. and its only fitting that crosby win it in canada, kid is a stud.

im really bummed that we took home silver after such a good run, but hey, the canadian team was an amazing group of players, and im glad that some of my sharks got to get some gold.[/QUOTE]
qft.
if you are a fan of hockey, I don't think anyone can complain too much about the game yesterday. I felt like my heart was in my stomach the whole time, it was so intense.
Sudden Death Gold Medal Game is even better than Sudden Death Game 7 SC Finals. Remarkable.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Watching replays of the closing ceremony: Are they really wheeling out giant inflatable beavers?[/QUOTE]

Yeaaahhhhh dunno what they were smoking when they thought of that.

(actually I do know what they were smoking HEE HEE)

What an incredible two weeks though, totally makes me regret moving away from Vancouver last year. :bomb:

[quote name='myl0r']qft.
if you are a fan of hockey, I don't think anyone can complain too much about the game yesterday. I felt like my heart was in my stomach the whole time, it was so intense.
Sudden Death Gold Medal Game is even better than Sudden Death Game 7 SC Finals. Remarkable.[/QUOTE]

The only thing i can complain about if any is that they should switch the OT rules to 5 v 5 than 4 v 4. I think the IHF and the NHL need to get together to get some more NHL rules in there...but no matter. Still a great game..even though that penguin had to score.

[quote name='integralsmatic']The only thing i can complain about if any is that they should switch the OT rules to 5 v 5 than 4 v 4. I think the IHF and the NHL need to get together to get some more NHL rules in there...but no matter. Still a great game..even though that penguin had to score.[/QUOTE]
true. if this game would have went to a shootout, that's when the complaints would start flowing in. Could you honestly imagine such an edge-of-your-seat game ending in a shootout?
4 on 4 didn't bother me, but 5 on 5 would have been better

I was without a computer from Thursday night till tonight, but man, what a great game. That was some of the best hockey I've ever seen. The whole tournament was awesome. And Ryan Miller, well, he's my new hero.

As I said on Facebook, silver is nothing to be ashamed of. Congratulations to Canada- a great team, and a great nation. I obviously wanted team USA to win, but I like a lot of the players on team Canada and I love the country. Good for them.

Parise's goal gave me goosebumps that didn't go away till after the game. I jumped up, screamed, made my dog bark by doing so... That shit literally made my nipples hard, it was so good.

bread's done
Back