2010 Winter Olympics

I've been watching the Olympics 24/7 on NBC. The only thing I have not seen yet is the hockey. Funny thing happened yesterday in curling they marked the screen and said "this is the perfect spot you want to hit" and the moment they did this it changed camera angles and the spot stayed on the woman's vagina.

Shaun White was so awesome, the amount of air he got was just crazy. Just as unbelievable was in the women's cross country sprint when that girl fell during warm up 10 feet into a ravine, broke 4 ribs, punctured a lung, came back and raced 4 consecutive 1 mile sprints and pulled off bronze. Amazing.

Russia and Puchenkov really took that loss badly. Lysacek may not have done a quad but he did everything clean, Puchenkov's jumps were all over the place in midair. Johnny Weir did seem to have gotten screwed in the scoring.

Shaun White got up so high and compared to the other guys, Shaun looked in control and balanced the whole time. I'm only a casual viewer so did Shaun have any actual competition in the event or was he favored to win all the way?

I swear Louie Vito and Johnny Weir got screwed on scoring. Louie ran a very good mistake free run and didn't even get 40. Those judges are definitely not scoring Johnny Weir fairly, I hate his fashion style too but he skated well and if you only saw the score, you'd think he fell down a couple of times but he didn't.

Tanith Belbin is probably the hottest thing Ive ever seen. Ive really enjoyed these Olympics, but man, she makes the whole thing that much more fun to watch.

[quote name='convergecrew']Tanith Belbin is probably the hottest thing Ive ever seen. Ive really enjoyed these Olympics, but man, she makes the whole thing that much more fun to watch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah she is hawt no doubt about it. I had never heard of her until yesterday when I found out she is Evan Lysacek's girlfriend. I guess he just has it all right now. :cool:

[quote name='Tony208']Shaun White got up so high and compared to the other guys, Shaun looked in control and balanced the whole time. I'm only a casual viewer so did Shaun have any actual competition in the event or was he favored to win all the way?

I swear Louie Vito and Johnny Weir got screwed on scoring. Louie ran a very good mistake free run and didn't even get 40. Those judges are definitely not scoring Johnny Weir fairly, I hate his fashion style too but he skated well and if you only saw the score, you'd think he fell down a couple of times but he didn't.[/QUOTE]

Shaun White is beyond his sport like MJ was to NBA. It's why he does tricks that others can't do i.e. his last run last move double mctwist 1260 (remember he came into the trick without much speed; making it that more impressive). From a competition standpoint, he really didn't have competition. I don't feel Louie Vito was unfairly judge. His tricks weren't as difficult as the rest and he didn't get the height as well. Men's Snowboard halfpipe has been the only thing I have watch during the olympics this year just so I could see White's new move.

I heard going into the Olympics that Weir would get screwed for his off the ice antics. Sounds like it happened.

I think Louie Vitto's score was close, maybe a little too low. I guess they thought he was an ooma loompa because he sure did look like one on that board.

[quote name='lordopus99']
I heard going into the Olympics that Weir would get screwed for his off the ice antics. Sounds like it happened.[/QUOTE]

I think Weir was correct in saying there is some politics in the scoring to only have 1 from each country in the medals for men/women single skating.

Damn good hockey game so far between the U.S. and Canada. Team USA is finally starting to close the gap in shots on goal a bit, but they have done well to get 3 goals so far on Brodeur with their limited opportunities.

[quote name='integralsmatic']NBC=Epic fail for not showing a potential GOTY. I think women would rather watch USA vs Canada instead of ice dancing. WTF were they thinking.[/QUOTE]

Boomer and Carton had Gary Bettman on a week ago and grilled him about it. The interview should be online. The only thing I can remember is that NBC doesn't show anything for more than 90 minutes?

http://www.wfan.com/pages/870783.php

halfway down the page to the far left. Just click on the gary bettman link and it starts the interview.

[quote name='wildcpac']Boomer and Carton had Gary Bettman on a week ago and grilled him about it. The interview should be online. The only thing I can remember is that NBC doesn't show anything for more than 90 minutes?

http://www.wfan.com/pages/870783.php

halfway down the page to the far left. Just click on the gary bettman link and it starts the interview.[/QUOTE]

If they don't show the medal rounds featuring the US on NBC, blood will be spilled over this. And curling. Both of which have had ABYSMAL coverage. Especially curling. I demand a 24/7 curling channel.

tg2yw.png

Funny NOW everyone is on my side. Sad part is if this were any other shitty boring sport it would be a national crime but since it's hockey they don't care.

[quote name='wildcpac']Was the game better than the 1996 World Championship?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the game itself but the circumstances around this game make it bigger for me. An Olympic game against a no doubt more skilled Canadian team in Canada who they haven't beat in 50 years. Ron Wilson elevated himself to Herb Brooks status tonight.

Canada and Russia should still be favorites to win the gold this year.

Dunno why they don't show more hockey, the most popular sport. The women in ice dancing are smoking hot though so it's all good. Esp Davis and Belbin.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocko']J.R. Celski got screwed in the short track 1000m semi.[/QUOTE]

You can say that again. Apolo had that race so won if he didn't slip. You gotta wonder because he slipped just as the Canadian guy pushed on him. So disappointing.

[quote name='integralsmatic']NBC=Epic fail for not showing a potential GOTY. I think women would rather watch USA vs Canada instead of ice dancing. WTF were they thinking.[/QUOTE]
I think NBC is showing all the events online, but I can't check right now because I haven't seen tonight's events and the frontpage will spoil it. They've had a shitload of curling on. It's kind of hard to have curling or hockey on anything but msnbc and cnbc because they take so long, that's all they'd be able to show.

Curling chicks are hotter than the figure skaters. Except the fat European ones.

Yet again, it seems most viewers are intrigued the most by curling. I know last winter Olympics I was mesmerized by it. Because it's a simple game, yet the athletes meditate like they are preparing for a samurai duel before they take their turn. It's an equal combination of hilarious and awesome.

[quote name='J7.']

I think NBC is showing all the events online, [/QUOTE]

I think it was the olympics official website but, when I tried it asked me for my provider's account and password before I could watch. Meaning you had to be with a cable or satellite company like Dish, Comcast, or whatever...

In other words. FAIL.

[quote name='naiku']Nicole Joraanstad makes curling a whole lot more interesting.[/QUOTE]

She's pretty much the only reason I watch. Those tight little black pants are quite flattering on her.

[quote name='Tony208']Dunno why they don't show more hockey, the most popular sport. The women in ice dancing are smoking hot though so it's all good. Esp Davis and Belbin.[/QUOTE]

Hockey is far from the most popular sport. Hence, why in non-olympics it ranks behind Soccer, American Football, Basketball, and most likely Baseball. In winter olympics play, the downhill events have been the most popular i.e. the overcoverage of athletes like Lindsey Vonn, Body Miller, and Lindsey Jacobellis.. just to name a few.

On a positive subject, you know you can watch all the Hockey events on MSNBC, CNBC, and USA... it took all of a couple seconds to look at the NBC Olympics schedule to figure that out. Plus, every event is shown online.

[quote name='shieryda']She's pretty much the only reason I watch. Those tight little black pants are quite flattering on her.[/QUOTE]

I've been watching a lot of curling lately and have noticed this too haha. I mean what is she like 40? That's a real MILF right there. Some of the curling chicks are really hot (Russian team FTW!) but the female ice dancers are insane. I mean that shit is GOOD.

[quote name='TC']Holy shit that was the best hockey I've seen this year! So proud of team USA![/QUOTE]

I felt sorry for Ryan Miller, though. Man, he got peppered. At one point in the 3rd, the defense looked like they were just trying to run down the clock and not clear the puck down ice. I was hoping for at least an icing, but they just couldn't get the puck.

[quote name='cgarb84']I've been watching a lot of curling lately and have noticed this too haha. I mean what is she like 40? That's a real MILF right there. Some of the curling chicks are really hot (Russian team FTW!) but the female ice dancers are insane. I mean that shit is GOOD.[/QUOTE]

Keeping my fingers crossed for a "women of Olympic curling/ice dancing" swimsuit issue of SI.

Congrats to the US hockey team. I like seeing Canada in some confusion and I wish I got TSN here so I could see all the whining and complaining about how Brodeur should get pulled and Babcock this and that. Canada really isn't screwed or anything but what else do they have to talk about in Canada right now besides curling?
Oh and I'm upset that the Russians beat my home country but damn Ovechkin got a nice lick on Jagr.

[quote name='J7.']You can say that again. Apolo had that race so won if he didn't slip. You gotta wonder because he slipped just as the Canadian guy pushed on him. So disappointing.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I agree, Apolo got a bad break, although his comeback to 3rd was really, really impressive. However, J.R. Celski got straight-up screwed. The Canadian grabbed him around the waist, slowing him down considerably, obviously, and pushing him out of contention, and then they DQ him and give the Canadian a pass (which you could say contributed to Apolo getting the bronze in the final). A really bad judging decision on that one, poor kid.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Whoever made up that list has got really bad taste... wow.[/QUOTE]

Maybe.. some look out of place but I'm gonna guess they just didn't take the time to find more flattering pictures than what they used

[quote name='VipFREAK']I think it was the olympics official website but, when I tried it asked me for my provider's account and password before I could watch. Meaning you had to be with a cable or satellite company like Dish, Comcast, or whatever...

In other words. FAIL.[/QUOTE]

That's lame. Lordopus99 is right though I recall seeing tons of hockey and curling on msnbc, cnbc, usa; it's just on at various points throughout the day. It's hard to keep up with all the Olympic coverage over all the channels. I've seen so much but missed just as much.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, I agree, Apolo got a bad break, although his comeback to 3rd was really, really impressive. However, J.R. Celski got straight-up screwed. The Canadian grabbed him around the waist, slowing him down considerably, obviously, and pushing him out of contention, and then they DQ him and give the Canadian a pass (which you could say contributed to Apolo getting the bronze in the final). A really bad judging decision on that one, poor kid.[/QUOTE]

Yup Celski got really screwed. I guess he could be found at fault based on some technicality of the rules, but that would require them to have made a judgement call which was wrong. He did not really impede the other guy, he was already past him, and the guy just grabbed him when he didn't need to do that shit. He could've bumped Celski unintentionally instead like that US women skater in the 1500m shortrack who ended up ruining her race when she bumped the Korean from behind, doing the right thing instead of grabbing.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Excellent game last night Miller is a brick wall! Really hope USA can make a run towards gold. US Women's Hockey team is a machine also![/QUOTE]

i hope so too...because even though the US won...they got lucky! If they didn't ryan miller back in net, that game should have 10-5 in favor of canada. All that pressure in the third period was all Canada. The US team is going to have to pick up another notch because as Burke said, he saw only 10 players really working their asses off. Ryan Miller Stole the victory.

The gold is still going to go through either Russia or Canada. I think this loss will just wake up the canadiens and they will be even better than before.

Wow that Russia pair in ice dancing stole that bronze. Half of their high difficulty moves were possible because they were holding on to each others straps, what is that.

How is it "luck" that the USA Hockey Team had a better goalie? At what point did it become "luck" to have better players?

Just chalk it up to Canada just got OUT PLAYED.

[quote name='Will']How is it "luck" that the USA Hockey Team had a better goalie? At what point did it become "luck" to have better players?

Just chalk it up to Canada just got OUT PLAYED.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they were outplayed. The shot total was clearly on Canada's side.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i hope so too...because even though the US won...they got lucky! If they didn't ryan miller back in net, that game should have 10-5 in favor of canada. All that pressure in the third period was all Canada. The US team is going to have to pick up another notch because as Burke said, he saw only 10 players really working their asses off. Ryan Miller Stole the victory.

The gold is still going to go through either Russia or Canada. I think this loss will just wake up the canadiens and they will be even better than before.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it luck mostly skill, Miller is an solid goal tender and played amazing on Sunday. Seriously, the foundation of a great hockey team should always be solid goal tending(offense can only get you so far). The Blue Jackets were pretty meh last year, but because Steve Mason was playing solid they finally made the playoffs.

USA really does need to play three periods though to have a chance at going for gold. I believe it will as well as long as Canada beats Germany today and then they will face Russia tomorrow. The winner will then face Slovakia, Norway or Sweden Friday.

The USA will face the winner of Switz vs Belarus tomorrow then on Friday face Latvia, CR, or Finland.

The guy from the Netherlands just won the 10,000 easily in speedskating, with an Olympic Record and thought he had gold even after finishing until seconds later he found out he did not finish in the correct lane! :hot: That's as bad as the guy who went into the exchange lane during the cross country relay and screwed his team! Shocking.

[quote name='lordopus99']Hockey is far from the most popular sport. Hence, why in non-olympics it ranks behind Soccer, American Football, Basketball, and most likely Baseball. In winter olympics play, the downhill events have been the most popular i.e. the overcoverage of athletes like Lindsey Vonn, Body Miller, and Lindsey Jacobellis.. just to name a few.

On a positive subject, you know you can watch all the Hockey events on MSNBC, CNBC, and USA... it took all of a couple seconds to look at the NBC Olympics schedule to figure that out. Plus, every event is shown online.[/QUOTE]

I've seen every NBC primetime showing and most of the afternoon and late night, as well as some cnbc and msnbc and I gotta say they have not overcovered Vonn, Miller, or Jacobellis. Vonn and Miller are in 5 events that's why you keep seeing them. They showed the runs of all of them just like everyone else and had short interviews at the end just like all the best American athletes in each sport.

Canada is just raping Germany. Glad to see it... I'm looking forward to a potential USA vs. Canada rematch after that excellent game on Sunday.

By the way, guys, the internet says that the USA game tomorrow is supposed to be televised on NBC at noon Pacific/3 Eastern, but my DirecTV guide lists Ellen and other shit. Will the game indeed be televised? Neither NBC, msNBC, cNBC, nor USA has any Olympic events listed for that time tomorrow.

bread's done
Back