2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Boston Wins!

6fzgxe.jpg

So... weird.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']You are aware of this, right? Or is this just another lame-ass attempt at trolling?
[/QUOTE]

How far did the Yotes get in the playoffs? yeah... I'm aware of it. I find it hilarious NHL on the fly is saying how ridiculous it is to sign players to really long contracts (especially if they don't pan out like they hope) then Philly does a 9 yr. deal. lol

[quote name='VipFREAK']How far did the Yotes get in the playoffs? yeah... I'm aware of it. I find it hilarious NHL on the fly is saying how ridiculous it is to sign players to really long contracts (especially if they don't pan out like they hope) then Philly does a 9 yr. deal. lol[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, how far did the Flyers get in the playoffs with Leighton and Boucher in '10? Just sayin'

They also had one of the best records in the NHL last year with a platoon of Bobrovsky and Boucher.

My first reaction to the Bryz signing was that it was a bit long, but now that I'm seeing the other contracts people are getting this off-season, I don't feel so bad. Top-tier goaltending is hard to come by, man. (not that any are as long, but some mediocre players are getting paid pretty well)

I don't know why I'm bothering to try and reason with a troll.

[quote name='yukine']I like that we sign Mike Smith to $2m and Vokoun gets only $1.5m, whatever.[/QUOTE]

I was really surprised that no one would pony up more than 1.5m... I think that is a steal for the Caps, and I feel like it makes them much better immediately.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Cheaper dead weight I suppose...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=ArXy3O3GCMZblc_E3alxRjp7vLYF?slug=ap-wild-sharkstrade[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure out if the Wild are in fire sale mode or if they honestly think these two "big" trades are going to have any payoff whatsoever. if they let Koivu go, you can basically assume that they're in profit making mode with no intent of pulling off another playoff run in the next decade.

Do we have a new thread for the new season yet? If not, I'd be happy to start one.

Also, who's in for CAG fantasy hockey (Yahoo)?

I'm all for you starting a new one. It will be nice to have someone who actually checks in more than once a season being in control of the OP and title.

[quote name='TC']I'm all for you starting a new one. It will be nice to have someone who actually checks in more than once a season being in control of the OP and title.[/QUOTE]

I will do this tonight.

Mods, please lock this thread. Thanks!

bread's done
Back