2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Boston Wins!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']F me.

My lady can't go to the Sharks game Saturday because of a family emergency. None of my friends can go because they either have other obligations already or can't afford to pay for the ticket. So now I might have to sell the tickets, because I can't afford to eat the cost of a ticket. Bummer![/QUOTE]

Can't you go by yourself? I mean, it's more fun with two, but it's still a hockey game. Sell the ticket to a scalper or something.

You already have the tickets, so you've already "eaten" the cost of the tickets, haven't you?

[quote name='drktrpr1']Can't you go by yourself? I mean, it's more fun with two, but it's still a hockey game. Sell the ticket to a scalper or something.

You already have the tickets, so you've already "eaten" the cost of the tickets, haven't you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe. We'll see what happens.

She was going to pay (by adjusting our monthly finances accordingly) for her ticket, so even though I had bought the ticket I had money coming my way (in a round about way).

[quote name='TC']Pronger when he returns will make a huge difference in the attitude of the Flyers team. They don't have the same swagger without him.[/QUOTE]

The difference is staggering, really.

I hope this isn't some psychosomatic thing where they think they can't win without him...

He's day to day right now, so he probably won't play in Game 2. The Flyers are in trouble, especially since they went in cold.

What's Evgeni Malkin's deal? Is he out for the playoffs? I had no idea he was even injured, not that I pay much attention to Pittsburgh unless we're playing them.

[quote name='drktrpr1']What's Evgeni Malkin's deal? Is he out for the playoffs? I had no idea he was even injured, not that I pay much attention to Pittsburgh unless we're playing them.[/QUOTE]

He blew out his knee a while back. He definitely won't be back this year.

Varlamov is made of glass. Plus, Neuvirth looks like Hello Kitty. When you look like that, you clearly are awesome.

[quote name='KingBroly']He's day to day right now, so he probably won't play in Game 2. The Flyers are in trouble, especially since they went in cold.[/QUOTE]

The Flyers actually looked really good, they outplayed the Sabres in the first and dominated the second.

Unfortunately, it was a world-class performance by one of the best goalies in the world :whistle2:(

[quote name='KingBroly']Varlamov is made of glass. Plus, Neuvirth looks like Hello Kitty. When you look like that, you clearly are awesome.[/QUOTE]

Neuvirth has been pretty solid so far, 1 goal allowed in two games in the playoffs? That's hella good. I wish we had Holtby as a third alternate, but we'll make do.

Really good team going into the Playoffs cold against a team coming in really hot. It's a bad combination that happens a lot in the Playoffs, and the team that comes in cold usually ends up with an early vacation.

I asked for round 1 tickets for my birthday but that didn't happen:( With the Rangers, it's hard to say "maybe next year" since they're been flaming hot garbage for the last 10+ years:(

Damn...the same thing the Sabres got away with in Game 1 sealed their fate in Game 2. Too many stupid penalties. That shit better stop when the series moves to Buffalo. Tyler Myers is also playing like complete shit. Miller can't bail you guys out every freaking night.

[quote name='Chika']I asked for round 1 tickets for my birthday but that didn't happen:( With the Rangers, it's hard to say "maybe next year" since they're been flaming hot garbage for the last 10+ years:([/QUOTE]

There's something to be said for gathering any hockey fans/friends you have (or random non-hockey fans) for a few beers at your house/apartment/local bar. I don't have any close fans that are hockey fans, but since it's the playoffs, I bribed them with cheap beer, and suddenly they were rooting for my Caps!

I had fun going to Game 1 in Washington, but I had just as much fun meeting up at my fave bar last night for game 2 :bouncy:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn...the same thing the Sabres got away with in Game 1 sealed their fate in Game 2. Too many stupid penalties. That shit better stop when the series moves to Buffalo. Tyler Myers is also playing like complete shit. Miller can't bail you guys out every freaking night.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy with the win, but the Flyers really need to do something about their PP. Simply awful, 1 out 10 with two 5 on 3s (there was one that was an abbreviated one; but I'm not really counting that).

When a team is taking too many stupid penalties, you need to drive the dagger through the heart.

[quote name='drktrpr1']There's something to be said for gathering any hockey fans/friends you have (or random non-hockey fans) for a few beers at your house/apartment/local bar. I don't have any close fans that are hockey fans, but since it's the playoffs, I bribed them with cheap beer, and suddenly they were rooting for my Caps!

I had fun going to Game 1 in Washington, but I had just as much fun meeting up at my fave bar last night for game 2 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

My father and one of my brothers are Devils fans. Things get heated. Especially since they're diehard fans to the point of having the team logo tattooed. #-o

In Charlotte, NC. I'm originally from Silver Spring, MD. I've been to 1 Capitals Playoff game in my life, and it was the sweetest one of all. Game 6, 1994, versus the Penguins.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn...the same thing the Sabres got away with in Game 1 sealed their fate in Game 2. Too many stupid penalties. That shit better stop when the series moves to Buffalo. Tyler Myers is also playing like complete shit. Miller can't bail you guys out every freaking night.[/QUOTE]

For real. Any other goalie would've let up at least 7 goals.

I think Buffalo has a good chance of going up 3-1 after the next 2. I haven't been impressed by the Flyers at all. Though Buffalo doesn't impress me either, but it seems like they'll be able to correct the ship.

I don't know if Boston can correct the ship though, as they've looked absolutely terrible so far. Montreal might sweep if the Bruins don't figure out something.

While Chicago is down 0-2, I still have a feeling they could come back and win that series. After the first period in Game 1, they've played really tough hockey.

[quote name='KingBroly']
While Chicago is down 0-2, I still have a feeling they could come back and win that series. After the first period in Game 1, they've played really tough hockey.[/QUOTE]

I wish I shared your optimism on that. I just don't see it happening right now, the Canucks are just too good.

I ended up selling my tickets on craigslist to last nights Sharks game. And boy am I glad I did. That was tough to watch, too many mistakes to name. That being said, I still think the we win this series. But we aren't going to beat a team like Detroit or Vancouver with this kind of play.

[quote name='cgarb84']I wish I shared your optimism on that. I just don't see it happening right now, the Canucks are just too good.[/QUOTE]

Today's game will be a telling sign, especially early on. Chicago seems to be streaky, lose 3-5 here, win 6-7 there. To be honest, I'm not that optimistic for them.

Well, can't say I didn't see the Caps dropping one game in MSG. Too bad we had it in our hands again and again. Oh well, a lead is still a lead.

But you're from Dallas. Why would you care if... oh. I forgot that the Blackhawks were responsible for the Stars...
I get it now.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']But you're from Dallas. Why would you care if... oh. I forgot that the Blackhawks were responsible for the Stars...
I get it now.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe I lived in Vancouver for 20 years? Dunno...

How the fuck is Steve Downie still playing in the NHL? He should have been banned a long time ago. And that elbow by Kunitz was insane. He'll get at least 2 games.

I gotta give Phoenix some credit. Despite their ridiculous mauve uniforms (what's with the shoelaces at the neck?), they played with a lotta fight last night despite being heavily outgunned by Philly.

[quote name='drktrpr1']I gotta give Phoenix some credit. Despite their ridiculous mauve uniforms (what's with the shoelaces at the neck?), they played with a lotta fight last night despite being heavily outgunned by Philly.[/QUOTE]

Phoenix...outgunned by Philly?

Only 2 games tonight. Can Vancouver sweep? I hope not.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']ESPN wasn't going to give them more exposure, they didn't want to be the exclusive channel and were only interested in show one game a week[/QUOTE]

the deal didnt have to be exclusive to either company. every other sports organization deals with multiple broadcasters. and when i say more exposure, i don't mean number of games, i mean reach number of viewers.

I don't know who needs more who right now. NHL needs ESPN more or ESPN needs NHL more? No NFL, no NBA, no MLB starting this October for ESPN. It's going to suck for them.

On a brighter note, Chicago killed Vancouver. Ouch.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't know who needs more who right now. NHL needs ESPN more or ESPN needs NHL more? No NFL, no NBA, no MLB starting this October for ESPN. It's going to suck for them.

On a brighter note, Chicago killed Vancouver. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Series still says 3-1 for Vancouver so I'm just gonna laugh game 4 off.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']the deal didnt have to be exclusive to either company. every other sports organization deals with multiple broadcasters. and when i say more exposure, i don't mean number of games, i mean reach number of viewers.[/QUOTE]

The deal had to be exclusive to get the money they did from NBC/Comcast. That money, plus the unprecedented amount of games as part of the package, blows away having one game a week on ESPN2 that would be just as poorly promoted, covered, and recapped as anything was towards the end of ESPN's previous NHL contract.

lol, go team couture/pavs.

Edit: If you'd have told me we'd win 6-5 ot with Nitimaki in net and down 4-0, I'd have laughed at you.

Hay, Penner got a point.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that will pretty much do it for Los Angeles. I doubt they have the strength to play after losing that one.

bread's done
Back