2011's XBLA games

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Cool. If only Chu Chu Rocket, a Powerstone, and Return Fire were on there I wouldn't have to wish for another XBLA game.[/QUOTE]
Power Stone 2 would be probably the best game to benefit from Xbox Live, in my opinion.

Beyond Good and Evil
Bionic Commando 2
Fire Pro Wrestling
Mega Man Universe
Ms. Splosion Man
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Torchlight

That's what I'm looking forward too. That's probably what? $70 worth of points right there?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Beyond Good and Evil
Bionic Commando 2
Fire Pro Wrestling
Mega Man Universe
Ms. Splosion Man
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Torchlight

That's what I'm looking forward too. That's probably what? $70 worth of points right there?[/QUOTE]
Somewhere around there. But all those games for $70, or one new release retail title for $60?

[quote name='Cain141']I think I'm most excited for Fez. That game seems awesome![/QUOTE]

Yeah it does, looks great! I'm looking forward to Torchlight, Dungeon Defenders, Beyond Good and Evil HD and Zombies!!! the most.

[quote name='Soodmeg']No actual dates though?[/QUOTE]
XBLA release dates are notorious for not letting you know when they are coming up until about a week before. Many of these titles are already completed and up on partnerNET (xbla but for dev consoles), but are just waiting to be approved. The Sonic Adventure remake was up for like... 8 months or something ridiculous like that. It's a problem that needs to be addressed.

Chewbacca's Abortion;8037116 said:
Those two are definitely on the top of my want list.

Due to the information on XBLA games being difficult to find I usually don't find out about the games unless I check out Ign which is rare because their site has gone to shit in my opinion. The Dungeon Defender's looks really cool, makes me think of Castle Crashers for some reason.

[quote name='Jabrim']Due to the information on XBLA games being difficult to find I usually don't find out about the games unless I check out Ign which is rare because their site has gone to shit in my opinion. The Dungeon Defender's looks really cool, makes me think of Castle Crashers for some reason.[/QUOTE]
Even with working on this site it is difficult to find the information sometimes, but we always pull through and get the information out to you guys! Can always check us out if you want some XBLA news.

Almost forgot about Fire Pro...probably the biggest question mark of the year. I hope they don't screw it up. The early screens didn't exactly fill me with anticipation.

What the hell is Saint's Row Drive By?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Almost forgot about Fire Pro...probably the biggest question mark of the year. I hope they don't screw it up. The early screens didn't exactly fill me with anticipation.

What the hell is Saint's Row Drive By?[/QUOTE]
THQ is following Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and Dead Space Ignition's lead in creating a download title that will tie in with the sequel. Really that's all that's known right now.

[quote name='bardockkun']THQ is following Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and Dead Space Ignition's lead in creating a download title that will tie in with the sequel. Really that's all that's known right now.[/QUOTE]

This. It's XBLA, 3DS and PSN I believe. Hopefully it's fun.

Chewbacca's Abortion;8036919 said:
Hopefully it turns out well!

thinking back, they made Deathspank a diabloesque game and successful Torchlight shouldn't be any different...even in the PC version I tend to only use a few abilities anyway to get through most encounters. Hopefully it's not more than 800 ms points seeing that I already own the current download.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Zombies!!! fan? I have all the expansions up till the two latest ones :D[/QUOTE]
Jesus, me and my friend's use to gather round and play that. It was the biggest load of shit when we put a TON of zombies on the helipad and it turns out they had an explosive that clears out a square. Nearly forgot that was coming this year.

Chewbacca's Abortion;8037172 said:
Here you go bud, how the changes have been made. Many of the development staff seem to enjoy this set up better than the PC version.
http://www.torchlightgame.com/gamenews/2011/01/06/torchlight-coming-to-xbla/

thanks Chewie, the FAQ was a good read.

I really enjoyed Torchlight for as much as I played it, my only design peeve is the font they use. I know their artdirection and style is very stylized and almost cartoonish but did they have to do it to the font? I know it's easy to read but it just reminds me of a fisher price game w/addicitve diablo fun. I'll still get it when the price is right.

They're actually making an HD Yar's Revenge? The trailer makes it look like they are taking it seriously. Wacky.

I might be interested in Torchlight. I have it on Steam on my Mac mini, but since it's not a laptop (don't have a laptop currently) I don't play games on it much. It seemed fun, if a bit overly complicated. Maybe I'll prefer the dumbed down version. :)

Also interested in Trine 2. Again I've got Trine 1 on my Mac, and again I haven't played it much. What I did play of it, though, I liked a lot. Seems like it needs a mouse, though, so not sure how that will translate.

Lots of great stuff coming this year. I'm looking forward to:

Beyond Good & Evil HD
Hard Corps: Uprising
Radiant Silvergun
Space Channel 5 Part 2
Torchlight
Yar's Revenge

Sooo many replies, but I'm nice and will try and get back to them all.

[quote name='Lokki']I'm looking forward to Dust: An Elysian Tail still. I didn't know that it was a 1-person "crew" working on it. No wonder it is taking a while.
Also, with all of these remakes, when is Battletoads going to get the HD treatment??[/QUOTE]
Elysian Tail looks great, and a Battletoads remake would be radical. All 200 points could come from beating the game without cheating.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Zombies!!! fan? I have all the expansions up till the two latest ones :D[/QUOTE]
Never played it, but have really wanted to for awhile. Now I can!

[quote name='bardockkun']Jesus, me and my friend's use to gather round and play that. It was the biggest load of shit when we put a TON of zombies on the helipad and it turns out they had an explosive that clears out a square. Nearly forgot that was coming this year.[/QUOTE]
It was announced like, 3 years ago but is finally coming out this year.

[quote name='100xp']thanks Chewie, the FAQ was a good read.

I really enjoyed Torchlight for as much as I played it, my only design peeve is the font they use. I know their artdirection and style is very stylized and almost cartoonish but did they have to do it to the font? I know it's easy to read but it just reminds me of a fisher price game w/addicitve diablo fun. I'll still get it when the price is right.[/QUOTE]
The font in this screenshot?
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/10/torchlight2.jpg

Looks fine to me : D

see "skeletal warrior" and anything in your inventory that is named. I'm just not a fan of that style of font. I do graphic design when I'm not illustrating and Torchlight breaks a lot of taboos in the design industry with their font choices. Game is still fun.

[quote name='100xp']see "skeletal warrior" and anything in your inventory that is named. I'm just not a fan of that style of font. I do graphic design when I'm not illustrating and Torchlight breaks a lot of taboos in the design industry with their font choices. Game is still fun.[/QUOTE]
Ah, well to each his own. The game still looks enjoyable, hopefully they add in the 8 player co-op from number 2.

God damn, when is Breach coming out? There is no release date anywhere. Starting to think the game must be balls then. I was really looking forward to using as a segway to Homefront.

Chewbacca's Abortion;8036411 said:
Power Stone 2 would be probably the best game to benefit from Xbox Live, in my opinion.
Yeah, it boggles my mind that Power Stone 2 never came to Xbox Live. I recall hearing rumours of a "Dreamcast Collection", so maybe...

[quote name='NoDAK']Yeah, it boggles my mind that Power Stone 2 never came to Xbox Live. I recall hearing rumours of a "Dreamcast Collection", so maybe...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's a retail collection of Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Sega Bass Fishing, Space Station, etc. Hopefully with notable others (Shenmue with updated controls, Power Stone 2?)

[quote name='Soodmeg']God damn, when is Breach coming out? There is no release date anywhere. Starting to think the game must be balls then. I was really looking forward to using as a segway to Homefront.[/QUOTE]
Soon, I hope.

Upon first glance of the list, nothing really jumped out at me. Now that I've looked at all the videos and read descriptions, I'm really excited about Retro City Rampage, Fez, and Spelunky.

[quote name='bsmiff']Upon first glance of the list, nothing really jumped out at me. Now that I've looked at all the videos and read descriptions, I'm really excited about Retro City Rampage, Fez, and Spelunky.[/QUOTE]
This is looking like XBLA's best year!

I don't disagree... Stacking also looks really creative and interesting IMO and Swarm looks like a nice next-gen Lemmings throwback. Glad I stocked up on that cheap MSP from Walmart.

Has anyone heard any specifics on Fez's release? Wasn't it supposed to drop back in 2009?

[quote name='bsmiff']I don't disagree... Stacking also looks really creative and interesting IMO and Swarm looks like a nice next-gen Lemmings throwback. Glad I stocked up on that cheap MSP from Walmart.

Has anyone heard any specifics on Fez's release? Wasn't it supposed to drop back in 2009?[/QUOTE]
Fez has been floating around different releases for awhile. Maybe this will be the actual one.

bread's done
Back