2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

Wow, Reggie Wayne is looking like one of the biggest steals in my league so far. I snagged him in the tenth round and he has been producing every week. Today, he exploded for 40 pts!

Wow, I might actually get a win this week! I'm tied right now so as long as Sproles & A.Foster outscore Novak. If Novak somehow outdoes those two and I lose I'll quit FF forever!

wow. this is so shitty. i had to face the guy who had reggie wayne all while having garcon and bowe. amendola was his other guy but he went out with injury... but jesus christ he almost had as much as my qb (alex smith) .. 1-4 record now :/

[quote name='Chitown021']Well that's my season in a nutshell. Even though I benched Vick and he had two fumbles early he STILL ends up outscoring Dalton.

Pathetic![/QUOTE]

Switch out Dalton and insert Joe Flacco and that would be me. Jordy Nelson and Brandon Lloyd is just killing me. A combine 6 damn points. My one bright spot is that Mendenhall looked good. Glad I pick him off wavier two weeks ago.

I didn't get to watch much of the games today so did any player jump out (a la Hartline)? I seriously need to get a good player off wavier if for nothing else but added trade value.

Ugh. Most likely going to have the 2nd most points this week and lose (for my first loss). MJD sucked, but he had Peyton Manning, Bradshaw, and Chicago combine for 99 points.

I still have a slight chance having Drew Brees, but being down 35 points, I need him to do a tad better than Peyton (who had 34).

[quote name='winterice']Switch out Dalton and insert Joe Flacco and that would be me. Jordy Nelson and Brandon Lloyd is just killing me. A combine 6 damn points. My one bright spot is that Mendenhall looked good. Glad I pick him off wavier two weeks ago.

I didn't get to watch much of the games today so did any player jump out (a la Hartline)? I seriously need to get a good player off wavier if for nothing else but added trade value.[/QUOTE]

I flipped back and forth between games but did not see stand outs that I would recommend as a waiver wire grab.

Yeah, QB and WR has been killing me so far although Welker is finally coming around. My current QB's are Vick, Romo, & Dalton. I can't trust ANY of them week to week. This week D.Thomas for Denver and believe it or not, ny bye week fill in at TE Jared Cook. Thank goodness he found his way into the endzone!

I'm happy, I kept Charles in and switched out Morris for Turner. Pitta has tried to lose the match for me 2 weeks in a row, ever since I picked him off the WW lol

Really happy I had to start RGIII since Stafford's on a bye and started Cedric Benson over Ahmad Bradshaw. Solid day.

That's insane. The league I have Brees? Currently has 42 points and I'm in the lead 187-180. Third highest team? 147.

And last week I won with the third lowest score. Lady luck is on my side in my work league, no doubt. Here's hoping I don't pull a Detroit Lions and go undefeated in the season, and lose the first round of the playoffs.

I'm getting killed. I started Fitzpatrick over Alex Smith and CJ (who I think I'm just going to drop at this point) over Ridley. My opponent has Brees. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Looks like another W this week and my defense, the Texans, hasn't even played yet. Drew Brees and Percy Harvin came through big. Harvin has been EXTREMELY consistent, getting me double digit points every week so far.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']:censored: Maybe, I should stop doubting Jared Cook. He has been doing much better than Gates and just rots on my bench, while I curse Gate's name![/QUOTE]

Hell if I had Gates I would have started him too. I have Witten & Cook. I was forced to use Cook as a bye week fill in. I thought he was going to give me a big ol' goose egg then he caught a TD in the 4th quarter. I read something this morning that said Hasselbeck regretted not targeting Cook more in the game.

Yeah, no kidding jackass! I regret it too... :)

[quote name='merchie89']I traded Gonzalez, while Graham has been crap for me.....stupid me!![/QUOTE]

It'll pan out over time.

[quote name='merchie89']I traded Gonzalez, while Graham has been crap for me.....stupid me!![/QUOTE]

I have Gonzalez on my bench and I've been starting Graham. Frustrating.

Some guy in my league is frustrated and pissed at his team. He said he'll look at trade offers. I need a RB. After tonight I'm going to offer him RGIII and Darren Sproles for Arian Foster. Besides yesterday where RGIII cost me my game he's averaged over 100 points per week. Sproles is averaging 30 a week. Foster is averaging 50-65 a week. He has 2 shitty QB's.

[quote name='Chitown021']Hell if I had Gates I would have started him too. I have Witten & Cook. I was forced to use Cook as a bye week fill in. I thought he was going to give me a big ol' goose egg then he caught a TD in the 4th quarter. I read something this morning that said Hasselbeck regretted not targeting Cook more in the game.

Yeah, no kidding jackass! I regret it too... :)[/QUOTE]

Oh man you're pretty much in a similar situation to me. I mean Witten and Gates are normally top guys. This year however they have been pretty meh. I think next week I will start Cook and then you just know Gates will have like three tds. :lol:

I also have Owne Daniels, which came up huge for me in the flex spot last week. It looks like he is doing it again tonight, this time on my bench. Gah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy in my dynasty league just made Brees and DeMarco Murray available. Tempted to go after both, but would likely have to part with Trent Richardson (my only decent RB next to Mendenhall / BGE) and/or Victor Cruz. It's a TD heavy league which is what makes me very hesitant to trade T-Rich. Dude just seems to find pay dirt at least once a week.

[quote name='HydroX']Guy in my dynasty league just made Brees and DeMarco Murray available. Tempted to go after both, but would likely have to part with Trent Richardson (my only decent RB next to Mendenhall / BGE) and/or Victor Cruz. It's a TD heavy league which is what makes me very hesitant to trade T-Rich. Dude just seems to find pay dirt at least once a week.[/QUOTE]

But Brees is always good for paydirt too,most of the time multiple tds

[quote name='sying']But Brees is always good for paydirt too,most of the time multiple tds[/QUOTE]

He might be in a league where passing TDs carry less weight, though.

EDIT: Foster with his highest game of the season so far, and yet, it still feels like he's waiting to bust out lol. The guy's an incredible talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Oh man you're pretty much in a similar situation to me. I mean Witten and Gates are normally top guys. This year however they have been pretty meh. I think next week I will start Cook and then you just know Gates will have like three tds. :lol:

I also have Owne Daniels, which came up huge for me in the flex spot last week. It looks like he is doing it again tonight, this time on my bench. Gah![/QUOTE]

Owen Daniels is pissing me off this year. I had him last year and Dressen vultures all of his TD's. This season he's tearing it up and all of the FF sources said to avoid him b/c he wasn' a big part of the game plan anymore.

HAHA, join the club. Had Daniels last year and avoided him like the plague in this year's draft, as he fell further and further. He's already matched his TD total from last year and has nearly half of his yardage total.

Someone offered me Steven Jackson for Andre Johnson. I'm just worried about S Jax getting injured badly. I guess you could say the same about AJ though.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']HAHA, join the club. Had Daniels last year and avoided him like the plague in this year's draft, as he fell further and further. He's already matched his TD total from last year and has nearly half of his yardage total.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I did the exact same thing. In my draft Daniels fell all the way down to the 13th round. I also tried to avoid Vick but unfortunately he fell to the point where I couldn't pass on him any longer.

[quote name='Miami_13']Someone offered me Steven Jackson for Andre Johnson. I'm just worried about S Jax getting injured badly. I guess you could say the same about AJ though.[/QUOTE]

If you make that deal I'd just be sure you have room on your roster to hold SJAX's backup as insurance.

I know Johnson's had a pretty ho-hum season so far, but keep in mind that Houston has been limiting his snaps. He may very well be inline for a huge second half of the season, especially if teams have to start stacking the box to stop Foster. Unless SJax is a big upgrade over whoever you're looking to slide out for him, I might consider holding onto Johnson.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I know Johnson's had a pretty ho-hum season so far, but keep in mind that Houston has been limiting his snaps. He may very well be inline for a huge second half of the season, especially if teams have to start stacking the box to stop Foster. Unless SJax is a big upgrade over whoever you're looking to slide out for him, I might consider holding onto Johnson.[/QUOTE]

All good points. I had Benson and Ryan Williams whom I both had to drop today leaving me with only A.Bradshaw and Sproles at RB. I'm thinking of also offering RGIII for Ryan Matthews to another guy.

Jordy Nelson or Brandon Lloyd or Mario Manningham?

If I can get him off waivers, I'm leaning towards Manningham. Nelson and Lloyd have been busts for me so far. They look more like decoys than offensive threats in their offense.

[quote name='winterice']Jordy Nelson or Brandon Lloyd or Mario Manningham?

If I can get him off waivers, I'm leaning towards Manningham. Nelson and Lloyd have been busts for me so far. They look more like decoys than offensive threats in their offense.[/QUOTE]

Nelson and Lloyd both have bad matchups, but I would stick with Nelson. The Packers have no threat of a running game without Benson so Nelson should get plenty of targets.

I'm sifting through the junk in the waiver wire for a QB to start this week. My options:
Fitzpatrick vs. Cardinals (currently owned)
Freeman vs. Chiefs
Ponder vs. Redskins
Kolb vs. Bills
Palmer vs. Falcons

Should I stick with Fitz or look elsewhere?

I'd go with Ponder, as well. He's having a pretty decent throwing year, and he's likely to get some yardage on the ground, as well. RG3 is expect to practice tomorrow, but with the NFL's strict concussion guidelines, there is still a chance he doesn't play. If he doesn't, Minny might end up having a lot of chances on offense.

Pick 3 (WR):

Percy Harvin vs Was
Reggie Wayne vs NYJ
Dwayne Bowe vs TB
Antonio Brown vs Ten
Brandon Lloyd vs Sea

I currently am doing Percy Harvin, Reggie Wayne, and Dwayne Bowe but contemplating sitting Bowe out for Brown since Brady Quinn will be the QB in KC. But then again they are playing TB who has given up a crazy amount of passing yards in prev games.

Snagged Cook, Im gone in the UK right now for vacation and I won big in both leagues.

So WR wise do I go with Welker/DeSean/Johnson or do I possibly play Floyd who had a good game last week or maybe Crabtree/James Jones

So, in one of my leagues I'm 0-5 with a decent roster due to too much mediocrity and not enough studs. What are some good players for me to target in two for one deals to strengthen my starting roster, assuming that I have two players strong enough to get them?

10 team, auction standard scoring (starters in bold):

QB: Cam Newton, Phillip Rivers
WR: Reggie Wayne, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Justin Blackmon
RB: Willis McGahee, DeMarco Murray,Doug Martin, Darren Sproles
TE: Aaron Hernandez, Martellus Bennett
K: Jason Hanson
DEF: San Francisco

It's a public league, so WW talent is decent, albeit not spectacular.

[quote name='DestroVega']I like Ponder myself[/QUOTE]

Same here. Kolb has put up some decent numbers lately but he's constantly under pressure. St. Louis sacked the crap out of him last week. If my choice was between those two I would go Ponder.

Man, which frickin' QB do I start this week? None of them are reliable:

Romo @ Baltimore
Vick vs. Detroit
Dalton @ Cleveland

Vick has the best matchup but the guy is such a fucking turnover machine! Same with Romo, he's had one good game so far this year. I thought Dalton would be the answer but he crapped out vs. Miami last week.

I'd play Dalton, the lions haven't really gave up much in the air this year and Vick has been hit so many times this year he doesn't know his receivers from cornerbacks.

Crappy quarterback week:

Flacco, Kolb, Luck or Alex Smith.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I'd play Dalton, the lions haven't really gave up much in the air this year and Vick has been hit so many times this year he doesn't know his receivers from cornerbacks.

Crappy quarterback week:

Flacco, Kolb, Luck or Alex Smith.[/QUOTE]

Alex Smith. NYG secondary is TERRIBLE.

Guy offered me Mikel LeShoure for Andre Johnson. Pretty sure I'm not gonna do that. I got Alex Green and James Starks on waivers today. Now just need to know who's going to get the most touches.

Desean jackson, Anquan Boldin, or Erick Decker? I have Heyward-Bey but I doubt he'll do any good against Atlanta.
And for Def Steelers against Titans or Bengals against Browns?

I'm playing Dalton over Vick, it's only a matter of time till Vick gets injured or throws even more Interceptions

[quote name='Pyloric']I picked up Eli and Bradshaw, but they play @SF this week. Should I start them over Vick (QB) and CJ or Alex Green (RB)?[/QUOTE]

Picked them up in trade?

Need advice on a trade offer: I will be giving away Mikel Leshoure for Antonio Gates and Heyward-Bey.

I already have Tony Gonzalez and Brent Celek but the Eagles and the Falcons have their BYE week next week.

My current list of WR's: James Jones, Denarius Moore, Fitz, Antonio Brown
My list of RB's: Doug Martin, Mikel Leshoure, Trent Richardson, Ryan Matthews, James Starks.

I feel like I should dump Leshoure at some point because Best is coming back but I feel like I can get more.

EDIT: It's a PPR League

bread's done
Back