2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='winterice']What's the chance that the Panthers D puts up a -10 tomorrow? I might sit out my D as my opponent is out of players.[/QUOTE]

Depending on how your league s setup for tie breakers I'd personally leave Carolina D in for extra points if in the same situation. The odds of them dropping a -10 against both a backup QB and backup RB has to be like 0.0001%, plus I'm going to bet Brown or Foles have at least 1 turnover between them and their O-Line is a lock to give up a couple sacks at least.

My leagues typically cap out at -4 points for a D/ST, so if yours is the same, you should be safe playing them regardless. I'd be surprised if Carolina scored less than 4 points.

Unbelievable...Going to lose in one of the CAG leagues by 1.26 points this week thanks to the combined 0 points from Miles Austin and Vernon Davis. After a 7-2 start this will be my 3rd straight loss and all by under 5 points. fuck!!!!

I need 12 pts in a standard non-PPR league and I only have 1 WR left to play. Which would you play- Jackson, Maclin, or LaFell? Currently leaning towards Jackson, but I've got no faith in Foles after last weeks disaster that cost me 1st place in my league.

Ok, week 13. Should I start Lance Moore vs ATL or Santana Moss vs NYG? In the lesser K area, should I start Giants Tynes vs Was or GB Crosby vs Min? Thx.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Ok, week 13. Should I start Lance Moore vs ATL or Santana Moss vs NYG? In the lesser K area, should I start Giants Tynes vs Was or GB Crosby vs Min? Thx.[/QUOTE]

Lance and Tynes

Matt Prater is gonna cost me both games this week. Going from 8 points if he made both FG to 1

Looks like Bryce Brown is gonna get me like 12, Im gonna find prater and light him on fire

[quote name='Javery']My season is going down the shitter. 7-5 with the MOST POINTS IN THE LEAGUE. DAMMIT.[/QUOTE]

Could be worse. One guy in my league has scored the 2nd most points and is 3-9. Having the highest amount of points against by 200 or so will do that to you.

I just won a game by .82 points haha! Even with James Jones screwing me over for 0 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Warner1281']I need 12 pts in a standard non-PPR league and I only have 1 WR left to play. Which would you play- Jackson, Maclin, or LaFell? Currently leaning towards Jackson, but I've got no faith in Foles after last weeks disaster that cost me 1st place in my league.[/QUOTE]

Definitely made the wrong choice on this one. Would've secured a playoff spot had I played Lafell. Now I go into the last week against the current #1 team and need to come out with a win or hope for some key losses :cold:

I'm tied for 2nd in my league and this weeks game is pretty meaningless so I'm looking ahead to week 14 for the Playoffs. I'm hurting at RB right now. I have...

Steven Jackson
LeSean McCoy
Marcel Reece
James Starks

Jackson is a start every week, McCoy isn't looking good at all, Reece is good but McFadden will be back this week it looks like. Starks is a bum. I put waivers for Michael Bush and Knoshon Moreno but I probably won't get them. Anyone have any extreme sleeper RB suggestions?

[quote name='Miami_13']I'm tied for 2nd in my league and this weeks game is pretty meaningless so I'm looking ahead to week 14 for the Playoffs. I'm hurting at RB right now. I have...

Steven Jackson
LeSean McCoy
Marcel Reece
James Starks

Jackson is a start every week, McCoy isn't looking good at all, Reece is good but McFadden will be back this week it looks like. Starks is a bum. I put waivers for Michael Bush and Knoshon Moreno but I probably won't get them. Anyone have any extreme sleeper RB suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Bryce Brown dude,I think they might shut McCoy down if he is not any better come next week. If he is available, the rest of the season is pretty favorable for him to do good.

I have just the worst luck at TE, I have Finley, but I think I am going to pick up Martellus Bennett. Olsen, Rudolph, Pita, Cook, Clark and Tamme are all available, but have crappy matchups. What do you guys think?

[quote name='Miami_13']I'm tied for 2nd in my league and this weeks game is pretty meaningless so I'm looking ahead to week 14 for the Playoffs. I'm hurting at RB right now. I have...

Steven Jackson
LeSean McCoy
Marcel Reece
James Starks

Jackson is a start every week, McCoy isn't looking good at all, Reece is good but McFadden will be back this week it looks like. Starks is a bum. I put waivers for Michael Bush and Knoshon Moreno but I probably won't get them. Anyone have any extreme sleeper RB suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Bryce Brown dude,I think they might shut McCoy down if he is not any better come next week. If he is available, the rest of the season is pretty favorable for him to do good.

I have just the worst luck at TE, I have Finley, but I think I am going to pick up Martellus Bennett. Olsen, Rudolph, Pita, Cook, Clark and Tamme are all available, but have crappy matchups. What do you guys think?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Bryce Brown dude,I think they might shut McCoy down if he is not any better come next week. If he is available, the rest of the season is pretty favorable for him to do good.

I have just the worst luck at TE, I have Finley, but I think I am going to pick up Martellus Bennett. Olsen, Rudolph, Pita, Cook, Clark and Tamme are all available, but have crappy matchups. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I wish I got him. He was scooped up last week. I did put a claim for him last week.

Steven Jackson
LeSean McCoy
Marcel Reece
James Starks

If your league counts return yards, David Wilson is worth a look.

For RBs try J. Parmele and B. Wells. You should look at B. Tate too. He's been injured for quite a long time already but could be ready during FF playoffs. The Saints M. Ingram and C. Ivory could be worth a look too. The Falcons J. Rogers could be good too. He's sort of like the poor man's D. Sproles.

Okay I think with RB I'll use Jackson/Greene maybe, if I get Moreno off waivers I may put him in over Greene. What about keeping Jones, how soon will Murray come back? Im been thinking of maybe picking up Wells.

Anyone have any idea how long DeSean Jackson will be on IR? Is it worth hanging onto him, I was thinking I could maybe do a trade...

Maybe I'll grab Brown as well...

With Big Ben out, Bal D could really hurt the Steelers

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']Okay I think with RB I'll use Jackson/Greene maybe, if I get Moreno off waivers I may put him in over Greene. What about keeping Jones, how soon will Murray come back? Im been thinking of maybe picking up Wells.

Anyone have any idea how long DeSean Jackson will be on IR? Is it worth hanging onto him, I was thinking I could maybe do a trade...[/QUOTE]

Jackson is done for the year. Unlees its a keeper league, drop him.

[quote name='kube00']Okay I think with RB I'll use Jackson/Greene maybe, if I get Moreno off waivers I may put him in over Greene. What about keeping Jones, how soon will Murray come back? Im been thinking of maybe picking up Wells.

Anyone have any idea how long DeSean Jackson will be on IR? Is it worth hanging onto him, I was thinking I could maybe do a trade...[/QUOTE]

Once a player goes on IR, he's done. There is a different IR now, but that's for early season injuries and you can't come back for 8 weeks

Who would be a better pick up for Playoffs? Michael Bush or DeAngelo Williams? I hate having to possibly resort to any Panthers RB's but I'm desperate. I read Forte's injury isn't serious so Bush may not be worth grabbing over Williams. This league gives a point per rush attempt so whoever gets more carries helps.

Start em or sit em:
TE: Jason Witten or Heath Miller?
RB: Marcel Reece or Michael Turner?
Flex: Torrey Smith or Beanie Wells?

[quote name='Miami_13']Who would be a better pick up for Playoffs? Michael Bush or DeAngelo Williams? I hate having to possibly resort to any Panthers RB's but I'm desperate. I read Forte's injury isn't serious so Bush may not be worth grabbing over Williams. This league gives a point per rush attempt so whoever gets more carries helps.[/QUOTE]

Williams if you need a starter, Bush if you're looking to have a high upside stash. Forte should be fine for now, but if he misses any games, Bush instantly becomes a low RB1/high RB2. Williams will get you steady points, but whether that's a steady 2 points or 10 per game, you won't know.

I have a dilemma. Should I hold on to my three TEs (Hernandez, Rudolph, and Myers) in order to deny one of them being used against me (two playoff-bound teams are exceptionally weak at TE and any of my TEs would be a significant upgrade for them), or should I drop one to pick up a player/matchup defense that I could potentially use? Right now, I could be seeded anywhere from 2nd to 6th depending on how week 13 goes, so I can't predict who I'd end up playing in the playoffs. The most immediately useful pickup would be a matchup defense to cover the weak weeks for my current matchup defense, the Jets, although I could also go for a sleeper pick at a position I'm weak in (although I wouldn't expect them to start for me except under dire circumstances, injuries did reduce my team to one starting RB at one point in the season).

Who should I start this week?

Jacquizz Rodgers(NO)
Matt Forte(SEA)

And in my other league start 1...
Marcel Reece(CLE)
Jacquizz Rodgers(NO)
Joique Bell(IND)
DeAngelo Williams(@KC)

And the question of the week is
Bal D or Dallas' D?

RB pick 2
Greene
Byrce Brown
F Jackson
Forte
Jones

Im leaning toward Brown/Jones

3rd WR slot
Hilton, Shorts, or James Jones?

[quote name='kube00']And the question of the week is
Bal D or Dallas' D?

RB pick 2
Greene
Byrce Brown
F Jackson
Forte
Jones

Im leaning toward Brown/Jones

3rd WR slot
Hilton, Shorts, or James Jones?[/QUOTE]

Baltimore D

Rb: Greene and Bryce Brown

3WR Shorts hands down, although Hilton may reward you if you take a chance on him (huh huh see what I did there?)

Pick 3:

Victor Cruz* @ Was
Hakeem Nicks* @ Was
Marques Colston* @ Atl
Danario Alexander vs. Cin
Stevie Johnson vs. Jax
Pierre Garcon vs. NYG
Julian Edelman @ Mia

* = Currently starting. I want to start Danario Alexander because he's been a beast the last 3 weeks (last week a little quiet, but still puts up respectable numbers) .. but I'm having a hard time making a case to bench Colston or Nicks.

Probably a dumb question but should I start Colston? He has the worst matchup of all my recievers and I was thinking of maybe sitting him this week and going with Nelson (Packers), Moore (Raiders), and Garcon (Redskins). Dumb move? And in case you were wondering I also have Bowe and Heyward-Bey sitting.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Probably a dumb question but should I start Colston? He has the worst matchup of all my recievers and I was thinking of maybe sitting him this week and going with Nelson (Packers), Moore (Raiders), and Garcon (Redskins). Dumb move? And in case you were wondering I also have Bowe and Heyward-Bey sitting.[/QUOTE]

Prolly too late but you should start Colston over Moore. Going to be heavy wind and rain in Oakland this weekend.

Gonna be really mad if Kaepernick goes off!!

Matty Ice sucks, but I didnt have the sack to bench him...... :cry::cry: playoffs are on the line! I gotta be bold

Wow, game is almost over and Drew Brees barely has me 5 points. But I can find some solace in the fact that my opponent has both Roddy White and Julio Jones, who have a combined 6.80 points so far.

Turns out benching Colston wasn't a bad decision. Most likely won't do any worse with my other receivers.
I still have Reece on my team. Seems like it's time to drop him right? He won't be used much anymore it seems.

Dammit, still pissed I didn't pick up Bryce Brown last week before free agency closed! I debated about it all day Sunday and when I finally decided to pull the trigger the Noon games had started and FA was closed. I lost out on him this week because of my low waiver priority.

On the plus side after a cold start my team has gone 6-1 in my last 7 games, including a current 5 game winning streak. Also the division leader has lost 3 straight, one to me, giving me the division lead due to tie-breakers at the moment (both 8-4 and we've split head to head but I have the better record against division opponents).

This week a win or a loss by him clinches the division. Here's my projected lineup for the week:

QB: ROMO, Freeman
WR: D.THOMAS, WELKER, Shorts, D.Alexander, Fitz
RB: FOSTER, BJGE, Tate, Sproles, Reece
FLEX: SHORTS
TE: WITTEN
K: BRYANT
D: SEA, Cin

I'm debating about a couple things. I would prefer to play Reece at RB2 but it looks like DMC will be back so his role may be limited this week. Also at FLEX, It's between Shorts, Alexander, and Reece. I'm leaning towards Shorts due to the matchup. Defense, to me it's a coin toss. Rivers is a turnover machine so Cincy could get me a bunch of points but I also like Seattle. I hate to see it happen as a Bears fan but I know our O-line went from bad to worse last week after losing a guy to Jared Allen's cheap shot.

That means Seattle will probably get a lot of pressure on Cutler which equals sacks, fumbles, and picks.

ESPN is reporting that it's unlikely Run DMC will play today. I had ruled out using Reese this week because of McFadden coming back this week. Now I'm debating as to whether I should put Reese in for the Law Firm or possibly even put him in at FLEX. On fantasy now they're saying they expect a bad rainstorm in Oakland for the game which could mean a steady ground and pound, feed the rock to Reese all day gameplan.

[quote name='Javery']James Jones (v MIN)
Dwayne Bowe (v CAR)
Mike Wallace (@ BAL)

I can start 1. HELP![/QUOTE]

Gooo! Out of that group I would take James Jones hands down. Bowe and Wallace have horrible QB situations (Brady & Batch).

[quote name='Chitown021']Gooo! Out of that group I would take James Jones hands down. Bowe and Wallace have horrible QB situations (Brady & Batch).[/QUOTE]

That's what I ended up doing even though Bowe has a good matchup and could go off if the Chiefs are inspired after what happened.

bread's done
Back