2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='merchie89']I have Bryce Brown and Peterson....nuff said[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately my opponent had both of those guys this week. The good news is that my team as a whole actually posted some solid numbers and I'm leading.

The bad news is that he still has RG3 and Tynes and I doubt those two will combine for 18 points or less....

Playoffs time now. Decisions, decisions...

Who to start this week for my #2 RB?
I know it's early but still.

LeSean McCoy(@TB) probably out anyway.
Marcel Reece(DEN) McFadden likely back.
DeAngelo Williams(ATL) Don't know about Stewart.
Jacquizz Rodgers(@CAR) Turner looked good last week but it was NO.
Jonathan Dwyer(SD) Who knows how many touches he gets.

It's a shitty choice I know. I'm looking for the guy who will get the most touches and yards mostly. Sadly they are all timeshare/hot hand backs.

[quote name='Miami_13']Playoffs time now. Decisions, decisions...

Who to start this week for my #2 RB?
I know it's early but still.

LeSean McCoy(@TB) probably out anyway.
Marcel Reece(DEN) McFadden likely back.
DeAngelo Williams(ATL) Don't know about Stewart.
Jacquizz Rodgers(@CAR) Turner looked good last week but it was NO.
Jonathan Dwyer(SD) Who knows how many touches he gets.

It's a shitty choice I know. I'm looking for the guy who will get the most touches and yards mostly. Sadly they are all timeshare/hot hand backs.[/QUOTE]

Unless McCoy plays & starts I would say play Williams. Stewart is still projected to miss next week I think. Reece had his shares in the run already cut this week and with McFadden back it will be e ven worse, though my guess is they keep him active in the pass game. Rodgers won't get enough touches. Dwyer is a total wildcard at this point.

I made playoffs in both my leagues, not great matchups in either.

If tynes had scored 1.5 more points, I would have much easier matchups...this is why i also hate fantasy.

Commish in one league is a pretty big idiot, and had the playoffs set up at two weeks each round which im pretty sure was unintentional and playoff settings are locked now!!!

[quote name='PimpLimp']Won by .82 points last week and .23 points this week. Shit is crazy.[/QUOTE]

You can thank Roddy White and Julio Jones for that win. They gave me a combined 6 points.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You can thank Roddy White and Julio Jones for that win. They gave me a combined 6 points.[/QUOTE]Haha oh I did last page.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Wow, game is almost over and Drew Brees barely has me 5 points. But I can find some solace in the fact that my opponent has both Roddy White and Julio Jones, who have a combined 6.80 points so far.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PimpLimp']Haha oh I did last page.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

If I had started anyone on my bench (with the exception of Michael Bush) over any one of my starters at the same positions (except for Demaryius Thomas), I would've won. Oh well.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Unless McCoy plays & starts I would say play Williams. Stewart is still projected to miss next week I think. Reece had his shares in the run already cut this week and with McFadden back it will be e ven worse, though my guess is they keep him active in the pass game. Rodgers won't get enough touches. Dwyer is a total wildcard at this point.[/QUOTE]

Tomlin said today they will remain with Dwyer as their starter so I'm leaning towards him over Williams. If Atlanta gets an early big lead I see Carolina abandoning the run.

Can someone tell me what happen in the Jaguars-Bills game to J. Blackmon? How the hell did he only get 9 yards? Was the Bills best cb on him all day? Was he really that injured? I need to know if I should sit him against the Jets. My other options aren't that good either: J. Nelson(hurt), R. Mendenhall(bench/doghouse apparently), D. Moore(bench also) and J. Rogers.

[quote name='winterice']Can someone tell me what happen in the Jaguars-Bills game to J. Blackmon? How the hell did he only get 9 yards? Was the Bills best cb on him all day? Was he really that injured? I need to know if I should sit him against the Jets. My other options aren't that good either: J. Nelson(hurt), R. Mendenhall(bench/doghouse apparently), D. Moore(bench also) and J. Rogers.[/QUOTE]

Chad Henne happened.

[quote name='winterice']Can someone tell me what happen in the Jaguars-Bills game to J. Blackmon? How the hell did he only get 9 yards? Was the Bills best cb on him all day? Was he really that injured? I need to know if I should sit him against the Jets. My other options aren't that good either: J. Nelson(hurt), R. Mendenhall(bench/doghouse apparently), D. Moore(bench also) and J. Rogers.[/QUOTE]

Rainy conditions, no running game oh abd yeah, its Henne

I'm in with the #3 seed in my league at 8-5. Missed a chance at clinching my division and the #1 seed with last week's loss (147-132). I had a solid week but my opponent had Bryce Brown and AP go ass ape on me.

The thing that sucks is the guy I face (6-7) is actually the highest scoring team in our league. His problem is that he also had the highest points against average as well.

Yup I am in two 12-team leagues, with the second most points scored in the league in both, finished 7-6 in both, made the playoffs in both. 5th seed and 4th seed

Still have one more game before my league's playoffs and it's a doozy. We're both 11-2, but he holds the tiebreaker for first place with more points scored (which is close to 400 points over the next person). Outside of seeding, our game is meaningless, but would like to win as I'd rather play the 4th place team by a long shot. (Who I've decimated in both my matchups).

Looking for WR help. PPR league, start 3.

Dez Bryant (@CIN)
Julio Jones (@CAR)
Reggie Wayne (TEN)
TY Hilton (TEN)

Probably will just stick with the top three, but the way Hilton has been playing the past three weeks, I'm considering taking the shot that he has a better game than Wayne. Hard to bench Jones as he could put up a monster game, but he can also put up a clunker. Also own Greg Jennings (from a waiver pick up a few weeks back), but I don't think I trust him yet.

Also, am I crazy for even considering starting Russell Wilson over Drew Brees.

Well, as usual on how this year went. I was removed from the playoffs by the last place team. Had the best team going into the year by far, but everyone who played against me had career days. #1 in points and #1 in points allowed. When 115 points is a good game, getting 160+ scored on you 3 times kinda makes you wonder lol. Oh well.

Pick two, should I start Greg Jennings (GB vs Det) or Lance Moore (NO vs NYG) or Mike Williams (TB vs Philly). Leaning for Greg and Lance since its Greg's 2nd game back and it looks like Jordy may not play and Lance has been doing well lately. Thx.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Pick two, should I start Greg Jennings (GB vs Det) or Lance Moore (NO vs NYG) or Mike Williams (TB vs Philly). Leaning for Greg and Lance since its Greg's 2nd game back and it looks like Jordy may not play and Lance has been doing well lately. Thx.[/QUOTE]

Definitely Lance, but I say Mike Williams for the potential for the big play.

J. Flacco or B. Roethlisberger or R. Wilson?

I could also drop one of these and pick up N. Foles. And yes, I noticed my QBs suck. I'm the second seed in my league and probably one of the people who's getting knockout in the first round.

[quote name='winterice']J. Flacco or B. Roethlisberger or R. Wilson?

I could also drop one of these and pick up N. Foles. And yes, I noticed my QBs suck. I'm the second seed in my league and probably one of the people who's getting knockout in the first round.[/QUOTE]

Drop Rapeaburger for Foles? If he isn't coming back anytime soon, he is worthless to you in the playoffs...

Tough Decisions this week.
Do I start Gresham at TE who has been consistent or do I give Meyers on Oak a shot?
3rd WR if Shorts is out do I go with Hilton/James Jones/Alexander I was thinking Hilton or Jones

And for D Bal against Wash or Clev against KC (I know KC sucks but sometimes....)

8-5 playoff team here (lost the last 3 games!). What are the chances that McFadden gets the majority of carries tonight?
Play 2:

McFadden
Reese
K. Moreno
Lynch
Montell Owens

Currently have it set at Knowshon and Lynch, mainly because I have a feeling Oakland is going to have a split backfield tonight. As for Owens... I've got no clue on this guy... was just grabbing at straws to fill the bench.

[quote name='Warner1281']8-5 playoff team here (lost the last 3 games!). What are the chances that McFadden gets the majority of carries tonight?
Play 2:

McFadden
Reese
K. Moreno
Lynch
Montell Owens

Currently have it set at Knowshon and Lynch, mainly because I have a feeling Oakland is going to have a split backfield tonight. As for Owens... I've got no clue on this guy... was just grabbing at straws to fill the bench.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say about McFadden. It's been reported that Marcel Reece will continue to get some of the reps for them as the runningback. I would be surprised to see him get the majority of the workload since he is barely coming back from an injury but you never know

If Tynes had scored 1.5 more points, I woulda been first seed and played the weakest opponent.

Instead I got the Brees, Martin, Marshall guy lets hope for bad games!!

To make the playoffs in my CAG league, I need my team and two others to win this week (if one of the three loses, I'm out). My fault for being in this position for (basically) not drafting a QB, TE, or RB2 though, so I'm happy I still even have a chance to make the playoffs. I did make the playoffs in my two main leagues, so I'm content with 2/3.

If I can avoid the curse of one and done this year in the playoffs, that would be awesome too. So far, over the last three years in one of my longest running leagues, I've been 1st seed (posted my season low in the first game of the playoffs and lost), 2nd seed (posted my season low in the first game of the playoffs and lost), and 1st seed (was #2 in scoring for the week, but played the #1 and lost). This season, I'm the 6th seed with a few sketchy starters, but I'm hoping that my team can keep it together and get me to my first league championship game.

[quote name='ananag112']Should I play Eric Decker or Kendall Wright?
Should I play Jacob Tamme or Jermichael Finley?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Decker and Tamme

[quote name='merchie89']guy started Moreno over Gore this week!

Some people are stupid and only look at predictions and "matchups"[/QUOTE]

That actually isn't a bad play. Moreno was an RB2 before he got supplanted by McGahee, and he is the feature back now that McGahee is out for the season. Any running back that starts for Peyton Manning's team is always viable, and the Oakland matchup means that Denver should get up early and Moreno will get to grind out the clock.

If it was McGahee instead of Moreno, I'd put it at 100/0 for a McGahee over Gore start, but for Moreno, I'd put it 60/40 in favor of Moreno. Gore has been solid, but not always spectacular, and Miami's run defense is better than Oakland's. Also, Kapernick is vulturing TDs from the running game.

[quote name='G33']That actually isn't a bad play. Moreno was an RB2 before he got supplanted by McGahee, and he is the feature back now that McGahee is out for the season. Any running back that starts for Peyton Manning's team is always viable, and the Oakland matchup means that Denver should get up early and Moreno will get to grind out the clock.

If it was McGahee instead of Moreno, I'd put it at 100/0 for a McGahee over Gore start, but for Moreno, I'd put it 60/40 in favor of Moreno. Gore has been solid, but not always spectacular, and Miami's run defense is better than Oakland's. Also, Kapernick is vulturing TDs from the running game.[/QUOTE]

Moreno is more of a FLEX guy for me. Gore gets benched when injured and thats it....

[quote name='DestroVega']Miami's run-D is good and Moreno has a TD. I'd say smart play.[/QUOTE]

its an odd RB scoring league, he only has 12.4 points. For me though, Gore is a pretty definite start. Like Chris Johnson, may have duds but you gotta ride it out

And down 40 points, thanks to huge games from Moreno and Prater in the only league I couldn't get Moreno. Dodged a bullet by not getting cute and starting Myers over Hernandez though, so at least I still have a whole roster to play. I really need the rule of any given Sunday to kick in, or else I'm one and done, again.

Damn!!! My opponent scored 31.5 points with E. Decker and K. Moreno. And he still has M. Forte and A. Foster to go. I need a good game from J. Rogers now.

Not the start that I wanted for my team in the first round of the playoffs. Only got 8 from Thomas. Of course he puts up one of his lowest totals in several weeks when I need him the most.

bread's done
Back