2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='winterice']J. Cook or B. Celek?[/QUOTE] Celek.

They keep saying that Tennessee is going to use Cook more but it never happens.

I hate working sundays. Today is biggest day of fantasy year for me.

In two semi big money leagues, if I win this week I am guaranteed to win money and I work 2-9.

And all but two players in each league play between noon-630 sunday

Me: 104
Opponent: 69 with A. Foster and G. Jennings to go.

Are my chances looking good?

I think I could have gotten more points had Seahawks not blown out the Cardinals.

Looks like I'll win my playoff matchup in one CAG league (up 30+ and opponent only has Andre left) but I'll lose in the other one, my 5th straight after starting out 7-2 there.

crap Brown didnt do anything this week and Fred Jackson went out with an injury, lucky Jackson was on my bench, Im thinking he's going to be out for the next 2 weeks at least

[quote name='AJVtony831']Seahawks' Defense gave me 41 points :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah The bullshit stat of the year, and of course it comes round 1 of most playoffs.

Up by 1, Alex Green only needs 3 yards to get it tied. and 13 yards to take the win, that hanson missed FG woulda sealed it. I had prater last week and dropped him, I usually like to revolve kickers and that mighta cost me some dough

fuck FF man. I don't even know why I bother. 1 seed, 2 seed lost and I'll be the 3 seed who will lose. I'm up 2 points but they have Shayne Graham tonight. They had an awful week and I found a way to be just as bad. Any FG miss 30 yards+ is -3 points and closer misses are -4, and -5. But why kid myself I'm going to lose.

Lost this week, but when your opponent has Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Brandon Marshall, and Adrian Peterson, it's half expected. Thankfully, this game was only for seeding and playoffs don't start until next week. Unfortunately, if I manage to win next week, I'll most likely face off against the guy I just played for the championship.

14 team league, I started off 0-5, won 8 straight to make it into the 6 team playoff as the #4 seed at 8-5. I'm going to win this first round, but I play the #1 seed in the semifinals.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah The bullshit stat of the year, and of course it comes round 1 of most playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My playoffs are next week but the guy in my league who has Seattle (first place overall) had a shit week and still won because of this. Didn't matter though - the 4 playoff spots in my league were locked up prior to this week. Hopefully he comes down to Earth next week when I play him in the first round of the playoffs.

Why have the gods forsaken thee Drew Brees?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I need a huge game out of Owen Daniels tonight!

Come on 21 or more points!!!![/QUOTE]I don't know if OD is good for that many points, but I do believe he has the most TDs among Texans receivers. So it's possible.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Why have the gods forsaken thee Drew Brees?

I don't know if OD is good for that many points, but I do believe he has the most TDs among Texans receivers. So it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! He was on fire and granted he was better yesterday but he's trending downwards.

This week though he should bounce back since TB has a horrible pass D.
Let's just hope he doesn't play another Thursday night game.

That's what I was thinking. I'm hoping for a passing shootout and Daniels snags a few for TDs + gains a bunch of yards.

Granted, I'm third in my league but I would like to not be on a two game losing streak going into the playoffs. Not to mention losing to the last place team in the league.

I lead by 1.8 points and my opponent has Shayne Graham, as long as Houston doesn't get 2 TD's or 1 FG in the next 14 min I get a miracle win.

lose 87.36-84.96. Jordy Nelson started for me I never even knew he was hurt and I was out of town Sunday morning...oh well. Started out 7-2 in that league before losing 5 straight, even though I scored the most points in the whole league.

Still cannot believe I won by .8 points. Unbelievable. Now on who to start as my RB2 this week...

Jonathan Dwyer(@DAL) big dud Sunday.
DeAngelo Williams(@SD) Average game Sunday.
Alex Green(@CHI) ehhhhh.

Shit as usual. I put a claim for David Wilson. If Bradshaw plays though then not worth the start.

Yea I squeezed into the last playoff spot, my opponet has Foster, Cruz, Spiller, those are the guys Im worried about. But Spiller is playing against Seattle, and Cruz is banged up. He also has Colston and Thomas with P Manning at QB

Who should I start at 3rd WR
Alexander at Car (leaning toward him right now)
James Jones against Chi (With jennings back he might be a dud)
Shorts at Mia

RB's are Forte/Brown I do have Greene and a waiver claim for Wilson, if Bradshaw can't play should I start Wilson over Brown? Rumor is McCoy might be back....

So I finished 3rd in the standings but I'm feeling pretty good about my chances. The #2 guy who I play in the first round has the 5th most points in the league and has been winning with smoke and mirrors all year. If I win next week it will mark the 4th consecutive finals appearance for me between baseball and football (I'm 1-2 though).

[quote name='HydroX']Do I bench a "slumping" Colston vs. TB for red hot Danario Alexander?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kube00']Yea I squeezed into the last playoff spot, my opponet has Foster, Cruz, Spiller, those are the guys Im worried about. But Spiller is playing against Seattle, and Cruz is banged up. He also has Colston and Thomas with P Manning at QB

Who should I start at 3rd WR
Alexander at Car (leaning toward him right now)
James Jones against Chi (With jennings back he might be a dud)
Shorts at Mia

RB's are Forte/Brown I do have Greene and a waiver claim for Wilson, if Bradshaw can't play should I start Wilson over Brown? Rumor is McCoy might be back....[/QUOTE]

I'd start Alexander for both. In the leagues I've had Alexander, I've rotated him in and out of my lineup as matchups permit, but every week I didn't start him, I wish I did. He's clearly Phillip Rivers' favorite target and I'd classify him as a stud at this point in the season.

I'd personally start Wilson over Brown, but that could blow up in your face (see Brown).

Going to have a look and see what WR are available either tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance, but if Dez Bryant is out this week, should I roll with TY Hilton (@Hou) or take a chance with Greg Jennings (@Chi).

Also looking for a second running back. Leaning Alfred Morris (@Cle), or plug in CJ Spiller (Sea)?

[quote name='G33']I'd start Alexander for both. In the leagues I've had Alexander, I've rotated him in and out of my lineup as matchups permit, but every week I didn't start him, I wish I did. He's clearly Phillip Rivers' favorite target and I'd classify him as a stud at this point in the season.

I'd personally start Wilson over Brown, but that could blow up in your face (see Brown).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if brown is starting instead of Mccoy....

Week one of the playoffs and I need some advice:

My first running back is AP.
I need to figure out my second one:
Bilal Powell vs Tenn
Reece vs KC
Bell vs AZ
D. Williams vs SD
Dwyer vs DAL

DEF?

Bal
Cincy
Cle
Mia
Det

Thanks!

[quote name='Chitown021']Why does Shaub absolutely refuse to check the ball down to Foster this year? Foster was a huge part of the passing game last year.[/QUOTE]

Foster's on pace for over 400 touches, that could be a factor.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Week one of the playoffs and I need some advice:

My first running back is AP.
I need to figure out my second one:
Bilal Powell vs Tenn
Reece vs KC
Bell vs AZ
D. Williams vs SD
Dwyer vs DAL

DEF?

Bal
Cincy
Cle
Mia
Det

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'd go with Bell at RB because Detroit plays Arizona, and Bell should get a decent amount of rushing and receiving yards with a chance for a TD or two. At defense, Cincinnati and Detroit look like they have good matchups but both could be trap games, so I'd look to other options. Cleveland plays Washington, who could be a good matchup, but now that Garcon is healthy, I see them as NE-lite for fantasy defenses. Baltimore plays Denver, and I don't consider Baltimore an elite, must-start defense anymore. That leaves Miami, who actually has a good matchup. I'd expect 6-10 points, barring a Henne anomaly (good or bad, but more likely bad than good).

[quote name='JStryke']Going to have a look and see what WR are available either tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance, but if Dez Bryant is out this week, should I roll with TY Hilton (@Hou) or take a chance with Greg Jennings (@Chi).

Also looking for a second running back. Leaning Alfred Morris (@Cle), or plug in CJ Spiller (Sea)?[/QUOTE]

I don't really like either option, but I'd go with TY Hilton in the covered stadium over Jennings in the (potential) snow. At RB, I'd go with the stud with the better matchup, who would be Morris.

Will take any advice...

Start 1
Jonathan Dwyer
DeAngelo Williams
Alex Green
Jacquizz Rodgers

Start 1
Danario Alexander
Mike Williams

Start 1
Matt Ryan
Matthew Stafford

[quote name='Miami_13']Will take any advice...

Start 1
Jonathan Dwyer
DeAngelo Williams
Alex Green
Jacquizz Rodgers

Start 1
Danario Alexander
Mike Williams

Start 1
Matt Ryan
Matthew Stafford[/QUOTE]

First one is more tricky but the last two are must starts!

Anyone have any advice for the defense that I should start this week? I have the 49ers defense, but well...the play THE PATRIOTS! Yikes! I also have the Rams defense, which has been quetely underrated this year or I can pick up the Chargers defense? Any Ideas?

[quote name='kube00']Damn someone took Detroit D, I was thinking about using Cinn or Miami. I do have Bal defense.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who can get, or has Cincy, their D is a must start this week.

Anyone willing to help? Non-ppr

Start 1
Josh Freeman
Eli Manning

Start 2
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson
David Wilson
Knowshon
Run DMC
A Bradshaw

Start 2
Hakeem Nicks
Miles Austin
Dez Bryant

I need TE help.

T. Scheffler or A. Fasano or B. Watson or D. Clark?

I have C. Harbor right now but I also have the Bengals D and I hate these kinds of situation. I also have J. Gordon so I'm not that high on B. Watson. I don't like having two players from one offense unless one is the QB or RB.

So it begins tonight. My opponent has Bryce Brown, Andy Dalton and the CIN defense going - I have no one. By tomorrow morning I could have a really good or really bad feeling about things. I want it this year.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Time to decide between BJGE, Sproles, and David Wilson for this week at RB....I'm leaning BJGE and Sproles[/QUOTE]

I have almost the exact same decision to make except add A.Foster to the mix.

Obviously Foster will start as my RB1 but trying to decide on my RB2:

BJGE, SPROLES, WILSON. I mas also leaning towards the Law Firm.

I wish the Bengals weren't playing tonight. If I knew Bradshaw was going to be out I might play Wilson.

[quote name='Pyloric']Anyone willing to help? Non-ppr

Start 1
Josh Freeman
Eli Manning

Start 2
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson

David Wilson
Knowshon
Run DMC
A Bradshaw

Start 2
Hakeem Nicks
Miles Austin

Dez Bryant[/QUOTE]

Tough choices. I have put my recommendations in red. I don't like Nicks or Bryant this week but given your choices I say you have to start Nicks and Austin.

bread's done
Back