2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

I am in a standard league, and looking for advice on a WR3 and flex spot.

WR3 : Brian Hartline, or Darrius Heyward-Bey (leaning towards Heyward-Bey)

Flex : Alex Green, Isaac Redman, Donald Brown (leaning towards Isaac Redman, with Green closely followed)

Advice please? I am 4-4 and in a pivotal division matchup this week.

[quote name='Steggy']I am in a standard league, and looking for advice on a WR3 and flex spot.

WR3 : Brian Hartline, or Darrius Heyward-Bey (leaning towards Heyward-Bey)

Flex : Alex Green, Isaac Redman, Donald Brown (leaning towards Isaac Redman, with Green closely followed)

Advice please? I am 4-4 and in a pivotal division matchup this week.[/QUOTE]

You and I are in identical spots this week (4-4 with a critical division game). Man, at WR it's a toss-up. I would also lean towards DHB at WR3. The only reason why I might go Hartline is the main man in Miami but he's also questionable.

At flex I would go Issac Redman. Alex Green has had two starts as the main man in GB and has done next to nothing. Also with Brown I think he's going to be in a timeshare with Ballard.

Thanks to injuries to several of my RB's and bye weeks my choice is FLEX. Do I start Alex Green or Hartline?

Start 4....it's PPR and bonus points at 100 yards.

Megatron
Julio Jones
Mike Williams
Josh Gordon
Kenny Britt
James Jones

[quote name='Chitown021']You and I are in identical spots this week (4-4 with a critical division game). Man, at WR it's a toss-up. I would also lean towards DHB at WR3. The only reason why I might go Hartline is the main man in Miami but he's also questionable.

At flex I would go Issac Redman. Alex Green has had two starts as the main man in GB and has done next to nothing. Also with Brown I think he's going to be in a timeshare with Ballard.

Thanks to injuries to several of my RB's and bye weeks my choice is FLEX. Do I start Alex Green or Hartline?[/QUOTE]

Hartline sounds like he's going to start and has a better matchup.

[quote name='Miami_13']Start 4....it's PPR and bonus points at 100 yards.

Megatron
Julio Jones
Mike Williams
Josh Gordon
Kenny Britt
James Jones[/QUOTE]

Julio Jones
Mike Williams
James Jones
Megatron (he may be limited...but the defense is very beatable.)

[quote name='rhymenoceros']I say play Ballard, since Brown is expected to sit out today. I just don't trust Jones. Not one bit.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Just saw the update that Brown is most likely not playing today. I could also pick up Ballard from waivers.

Would you still start Hartline over Ballard and Green at FLEX?

I might even be able to nab someone like Shorts.

Have both Gronk and Vernon Davis on a bye this week, yay me! Anyone have any suggestions for TE this week from these guys:

(Kellen Davis, Dennis Pitta, Anthony Fasano & Dallas Clark).

Thanks.

[quote name='Chitown021']Same here. Just saw the update that Brown is most likely not playing today. I could also pick up Ballard from waivers.

Would you still start Hartline over Ballard and Green at FLEX?

I might even be able to nab someone like Shorts.[/QUOTE]

If you're in a PPR, I'd say it's worth taking a flyer on Hartline over Green. Ballard should get some good run, too. Even non-PR, I'd probably take Hartline over Green since Starks might eat away at some of his carries. Shorts is someone to definitely keep an eye on. I expect the Jags to fall behind big and what else but to throw and who else to catch?
I'd even go as far as to say drop Green for Shorts unless you're gonna pick up Ballard. Low risk, high reward, I think.

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Have both Gronk and Vernon Davis on a bye this week, yay me! Anyone have any suggestions for TE this week from these guys:

(Kellen Davis, Dennis Pitta, Anthony Fasano & Dallas Clark).

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ouch...that's not a pretty selection you got there. I'd say based on matchup, you gotta go with Davis as the Titans give up the most points against TEs...but my gut says go with Fasano. Really though, the best you can expect is a small handful of points from either...good luck with that!

Zoidberg, I think you gotta have faith in Megatron. I'm torn between benching him for Cobb/D. Moore and starting him...but I have to believe he's talented enough to pull through. Good luck!

[quote name='rhymenoceros']If you're in a PPR, I'd say it's worth taking a flyer on Hartline over Green. Ballard should get some good run, too. Even non-PR, I'd probably take Hartline over Green since Starks might eat away at some of his carries. Shorts is someone to definitely keep an eye on. I expect the Jags to fall behind big and what else but to throw and who else to catch?
I'd even go as far as to say drop Green for Shorts unless you're gonna pick up Ballard. Low risk, high reward, I think.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately my league is non-PPR (would have been HUGE last week with Witten's monster day in receptions). My only concern with Hartline. He's been questionable with a groin issue all week. He is playing but will he be gimped and/or exit early if he steps wrong and aggravates his injury?

I'm leaning towards dropping Green and picking up Shorts. I think you're right, they will be playing from behind making them pass more and everything I've read says he's getting an assload of targets.

Green has done absolutely nothing with the opportunities given to him. Even in favorable matchups he can't seem to pick up yards. I think it's because I'm a Bears fan so GB will do anything they can to sabotage my fantasy team... ;)

[quote name='Chitown021']Unfortunately my league is non-PPR (would have been HUGE last week with Witten's monster day in receptions). My only concern with Hartline. He's been questionable with a groin issue all week. He is playing but will he be gimped and/or exit early if he steps wrong and aggravates his injury?

I'm leaning towards dropping Green and picking up Shorts. I think you're right, they will be playing from behind making them pass more and everything I've read says he's getting an assload of targets.

Green has done absolutely nothing with the opportunities given to him. Even in favorable matchups he can't seem to pick up yards. I think it's because I'm a Bears fan so GB will do anything they can to sabotage my fantasy team... ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Green is probably gonna share the load with Starks and I just think he'll be bottled up. Considering Tannehill and Hartline are both a bit gimpy, and should anything happen, I don't like Matt Moore throwing...haha. Shorts could be a real keeper...especially with Laurent robinson still not 100% and losing the starting position to Shorts.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Yeah, Green is probably gonna share the load with Starks and I just think he'll be bottled up. Considering Tannehill and Hartline are both a bit gimpy, and should anything happen, I don't like Matt Moore throwing...haha. Shorts could be a real keeper...especially with Laurent robinson still not 100% and losing the starting position to Shorts.[/QUOTE]

I'm pulling the trigger and rolling with Shorts over Green. I hope Shorts ends up being the Laurent Robinson of 2012 for me. Laurent carried me into a playoff spot last year.

So looks like my roster for this week will be:
QB: Vick (really hoping for that big game against NO)
RB: Foster, BJGE
WR: Fitz, D. Thomas
FLEX: Shorts
TE: Witten
K: Bryant
D: SEA

Watching ESPN and they just said Jordy Nelson and Donald Brown have been ruled ACTIVE. Also I think I saw them say Tannahill is going to play.

Tannehill is also active. Along with Donald Brown but Ballard will start. All systems go for Megatron hopefully the knee injury is not serious.

Ugh, I'm still not sure if I should start:

Jackson vs Hou
Thomas vs Ind
Redman vs NYG
Shorts vs Det

I'm also in a toss up on DEF:
Lions vs Jax
Ravens vs Cle

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Tannehill is also active. Along with Donald Brown but Ballard will start. All systems go for Megatron hopefully the knee injury is not serious.

Jackson vs Hou
Thomas vs Ind
Redman vs NYG
Shorts vs Det

Lions vs Jax
Ravens vs Cle[/QUOTE]

I think Jackson and/or Shorts and Ravens D here. Lions have been really up and down on D...and I think Jax might score a bit.

[quote name='winterice']Well, now I got an hour to decide if I should start J. Nelson or sit him for R. Jennings.[/QUOTE]

Jordy starts, you start him. Too talented not to.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Tannehill is also active. Along with Donald Brown but Ballard will start. All systems go for Megatron hopefully the knee injury is not serious.

Jackson vs Hou
Thomas vs Ind
Redman vs NYG
Shorts vs Det

Lions vs Jax
Ravens vs Cle[/QUOTE]

I would say start Redman purely based on touches. If he was available in my league I would have started him over Shorts (really wish Dwyer was healthy this week).

Man, on defense I don't know. I guess I would go Lions. They can probably do a little more damage against Gabbert than the Ravens and Cleveland.

EDIT:

LOL, sorry I guess I just gave the opposite recommendation as Rhymenoceros so that's probably not very helpful...

EDIT: Hartline is active.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']I think Jackson and/or Shorts and Ravens D here. Lions have been really up and down on D...and I think Jax might score a bit.

Jordy starts, you start him. Too talented not to.[/QUOTE]

I am leaning towards Jackson as well. Because even though the match up is brutal he is getting healthier and the last time I doubted him he went off. I tend to agree with Ravens D even though they are banged up pretty bad.

[quote name='Chitown021']I would say start Redman purely based on touches. If he was available in my league I would have started him over Shorts (really wish Dwyer was healthy this week).

Man, on defense I don't know. I guess I would go Lions. They can probably do a little more damage against Gabbert than the Ravens and Cleveland.
EDIT:

LOL, sorry I guess I just gave the opposite recommendation as Rhymenoceros so that's probably not very helpful...[/QUOTE]

I keep thinking Redman but my concern is his ankle and if he can play the whole game.

That was the reason I snagged the Lions on waivers. However, I'm not sure because the injuries on that D and they have been very up and down all season.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Hahah, it isn't but this is fantasy football! You just gotta throw the dice half the time and hope for the best![/QUOTE]

So, true. :lol:

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Hahah, it isn't but this is fantasy football! You just gotta throw the dice half the time and hope for the best![/QUOTE]

Exactly. I guess I should probably also say to take my advice with a grain of salt. I always think I'm making the best choice but at the end of the week it doesn't work out. :cold:

Last week for example I started Vick over Freeman & Romo. Of course Vick ended up scoring the least points of the three (17). Romo had 36 (hit a yardage bonus in my league), and Freeman had 28.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Eli vs PIT
Roethlisberger vs NYG
Vick vs NO?[/QUOTE]

I would start Roethlisberger. They'll need to throw more with Dwyer out.

[quote name='SIUfan']In a ppr league at the flex position should I start Mcgahee, Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Torrey Smith, or Mike Williams (TB)?[/QUOTE]

McGahee, no question.

[quote name='burritoman']Matt Ryan or RG3?[/QUOTE]

Matt Ryan.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Jordy Nelson or Antonio Brown?[/QUOTE]

Jordy Nelson. Brown has been disappointing all season.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']McGahee, no question.

Matt Ryan.

Jordy Nelson. Brown has been disappointing all season.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that is what I was thinking too, but I was second guessing myself.

I am completely torn between the two! Matt Ryan has good potential, and RG3 can always run 2 in.

It really comes down to the Cowboys defense. If the Cowboys play good D, Ryan stinks.

[quote name='burritoman']I am completely torn between the two! Matt Ryan has good potential, and RG3 can always run 2 in.

It really comes down to the Cowboys defense. If the Cowboys play good D, Ryan stinks.[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it is this : I think the Falcons will try to run the ball more - since the Cowboys corners have been playing well. Also, the Falcons need to start getting their run game going as the weather gets colder. I could be completely wrong though.

That and the fact that I think RGIII Will run\pass all over the Panthers.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Eli vs PIT
Roethlisberger vs NYG
Vick vs NO?[/QUOTE]

I say Vick, I think it'll be a high-scoring game so Vick gets a lot of throws.

[quote name='SIUfan']In a ppr league at the flex position should I start Mcgahee, Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Torrey Smith, or Mike Williams (TB)?[/QUOTE]

I'd roll with McGahee.

[quote name='burritoman']Matt Ryan or RG3?[/QUOTE]

Matt Ryan, lots of good throws should happen against the Dallas secondary.

and to the guy asking Jordy Nelson or Brown, start Nelson. Too talented not to start.

My own question, should I start Bradshaw? I can also get Andre Brown or Stephens-Howling off the FA wire.

[quote name='Superstar']The way I look at it is this : I think the Falcons will try to run the ball more - since the Cowboys corners have been playing well. Also, the Falcons need to start getting their run game going as the weather gets colder. I could be completely wrong though.

That and the fact that I think RGIII Will run\pass all over the Panthers.[/QUOTE]
True and I have resisted playing Ryan all year, except the game he stunk it up against Oakland.

Gotta stick with the stars right? Plus RG3 and Newton are gonna be trying to show each other up.

[quote name='GamerDude316']
My own question, should I start Bradshaw? I can also get Andre Brown or Stephens-Howling off the FA wire.[/QUOTE]
Pick up Brown, that way you have the starter in either situation.

I'm lucky to be able to just bench Bradshaw this week.

[quote name='burritoman']True and I have resisted playing Ryan all year, except the game he stunk it up against Oakland.

Gotta stick with the stars right? Plus RG3 and Newton are gonna be trying to show each other up.[/QUOTE]

As a Cowboys fan - I think that the Falcons could have success running the ball against us. Going into this game - Rob Ryans mindset has to be to stop the passing game.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Gonna need some help from you guys this time....still torn between starting Cobb or Denarius Moore. What think you? I'm leaning towards moore.[/QUOTE]

Go with Moore.

[quote name='Stevesbored']Hartline sounds like he's going to start and has a better matchup.[/QUOTE]

Ended up going with Hartline and Alex Green... my initial gut instinct. I already didnt listen to my gut this week, and started Denver in place of the Chargers D.

So far Hartline has put up 6.5 and Green has put up a respectable 6.4.

Green is already looking to surpass my RB2 of Ryan Matthews for points this week.... wow...

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I noticed recently that Yahoo has added Targets into their box scores.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why they never incorporated this as a stat... I always had to use a different site to try to see who had the most targets/drops/reception %.

Buh, Cobb already has 2 TDs in the game with Jordy out. I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass! And what's with Leshoure vulturing all the TDs?? Megatron is doing his best pushing the offense forward too. Sigh. I can't lose to the last place team...

bread's done
Back