2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='JStryke']I can't help but feel this is a stupid question, but I noticed somebody dropped Lawrence Tynes in a league a few days ago with his bye. Having David Akers, should I make the switch. I'm admittedly partial to Akers as he can can have his big days, but Tynes has had more double digit games thus far this year.[/QUOTE]

Right now Akers IS the offense. Until rhe Giants pick it up I'd start Akers. Comeon Eli and Cruz!!!

Do I pickup Shorts/Blackmon for next week against the Titans?
Do I go with Cin D vs. Oar or snag Stl vs Arz.

I've also got Bal's D and Im sure Phillip rivers will throw a picks

Start 4 WR's....

Megatron(HOU)
Julio Jones(Questionable)(@TB)
James Jones(@NYG)
Mike Williams(ATL)
Darius Heyward-Bey(@CIN)
Kenny Britt(@JAX)

[quote name='kube00']Do I pickup Shorts/Blackmon for next week against the Titans?

I've also got Bal's D and Im sure Phillip rivers will throw a picks[/QUOTE]

Shorts and STL

[quote name='AJVtony831']What other tight ends do you have?
Davis has been inconsistent all year. Only reason I know this is that I have him on one of my teams and he's been unreliable. If Hernandez gets healthy and back on the field, he will more than likely become a big part of the Patriots' offense.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Brandon Myers off the waiver wire and Pitta/Chandler have been off and on available as well. I expect Hernandez will make an impact the rest of the way too, passing on this deal since my WR corp is already solid.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Should I start Carson Palmer vs. Cincy or Tony Romo vs. the Redskins?[/QUOTE]

Palmer all the way.

[quote name='JStryke']I can't help but feel this is a stupid question, but I noticed somebody dropped Lawrence Tynes in a league a few days ago with his bye. Having David Akers, should I make the switch. I'm admittedly partial to Akers as he can can have his big days, but Tynes has had more double digit games thus far this year.[/QUOTE]

Akers, dont forget the Giants usually backslide the last few weeks of the season.

[quote name='kube00']Do I pickup Shorts/Blackmon for next week against the Titans?

I've also got Bal's D and Im sure Phillip rivers will throw a picks[/QUOTE]

Shorts, STL D. Blackmon was great Sunday but Shorts has had more good weeks overall.
[quote name='Miami_13']Start 4 WR's....

Megatron(HOU)
Julio Jones(Questionable)(@TB)
James Jones(@NYG)
Mike Williams(ATL)
Darius Heyward-Bey(@CIN)
Kenny Britt(@JAX)[/QUOTE]

Megatron
DHB
James Jones
Julio Jones (Williams if he doesnt play)

Romo vs. Washington or Freeman vs. Atlanta.

I'm thinking Romo but he still scares me especially after his turnover festival earlier this year. He has been playing much better as of late.

[quote name='Chitown021']Romo vs. Washington or Freeman vs. Atlanta.

I'm thinking Romo but he still scares me especially after his turnover festival earlier this year. He has been playing much better as of late.[/QUOTE]

Take a chance on Freeman .

[quote name='sying']Thanks, immediately canceled that trade. Traded Colston and Lance Moore for Jimmy Graham.[/QUOTE]

No problem and that is a good trade imho.

RB injury hell. With big Willie out, im down to only Dougie Martin in a start two leauge. I have Sproles on the bench but he is doubtful. Who do I pick up: StevenHowling Andre Brown, Jolie Bell, Darl Richardson or another NO RB?

[quote name='sying']RB injury hell. With big Willie out, im down to only Dougie Martin in a start two leauge. I have Sproles on the bench but he is doubtful. Who do I pick up: StevenHowling Andre Brown, Jolie Bell, Darl Richardson or another NO RB?[/QUOTE]

Mark Ingram
Ronnie Hillman
Bryce Brown
Jalen Parmale

In that order.

Ahh man I really don't know what to do.

Brady vs the Jets (no Gronk)
RGIII vs Dallas - better than Philly def I'm going to guess...
Andrew Luck vs Buf - Is he worth picking up off the ww?

I'll probably rock it with RG3 but knowing my luck Dallas Def will show up this Thursday.

[quote name='antlp89']Ahh man I really don't know what to do.

Brady vs the Jets (no Gronk)
RGIII vs Dallas - better than Philly def I'm going to guess...
Andrew Luck vs Buf - Is he worth picking up off the ww?

I'll probably rock it with RG3 but knowing my luck Dallas Def will show up this Thursday.[/QUOTE]

I'd start RGIII, Dallas D looked pretty rough against Cleveland.

So the guy who offered me Vernon Davis and Amendola for Aaron Hernandez? Made a deal with another owner...he gives up Amendola and Reggie Bush and gets Andre Johnson.

Lots to pick from I need someone to fill my 3rd RB slot
James Jones/Shorts/Alexnader/DeSean Jackson

2x RB's slot I've got
F. Jackson/Forte/Greene/Felix Jones...

[quote name='kube00']Lots to pick from I need someone to fill my 3rd RB slot
James Jones/Shorts/Alexnader/DeSean Jackson

2x RB's slot I've got
F. Jackson/Forte/Greene/Felix Jones...[/QUOTE]

I like shorts or Alexander (nabbed both in my league over the past couple weeks). I'm considering starting one of them over Fitz since he's stuck in a crappy offense with no QB. Oh how I miss the days of Kurt Warner throwing the ball all over the yard! Also hoping Welker gets back to his old ways with Gronk out.

Need to start 2 from:
Leshoure, Sproles, Donald Brown, Beanie Wells, Ronnie Hillman

Pretty sure I'll stick with Leshoure and Sproles if healthy and Hillman if Sproles is out.

[quote name='sying']Right now Akers IS the offense. Until rhe Giants pick it up I'd start Akers. Comeon Eli and Cruz!!![/QUOTE]

+1. I have Eli and Tynes and Tynes keeps out scoring Eli, that shouldn't be happening.

Should we start Julio Jones? His leg injury seems to put him in that not bad enough to sit but not good enough to go 100% situation. I'm thinking of rolling the dice and sitting him for J. Blackmon.

[quote name='winterice']Should we start Julio Jones? His leg injury seems to put him in that not bad enough to sit but not good enough to go 100% situation. I'm thinking of rolling the dice and sitting him for J. Blackmon.[/QUOTE]Wait to see how Jones participates in practice later in the week before making a final decision. Julio should feast on the Bucs secondary if he plays but I could also see Blackmon doing some damage against the Titans this week as well.

Can start 3 RBs...but which 3?
I have Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Marcel Reece and Stevan Ridley....

Right now I'm leaning towards Spiller, Reece and Gore. But I don't know, Lynch is such a beast I don't feel right benching him. Any opinions?

How serviceable will Chad Henne be? I've got QB problems. I just drop M. Vick to pick up B. Roethlisberger, hoping he'll be ok for FF playoffs. My other QB is J. Flacco; who is single digit points in all away game regardless of matchup.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Can start 3 RBs...but which 3?
I have Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Marcel Reece and Stevan Ridley....

Right now I'm leaning towards Spiller, Reece and Gore. But I don't know, Lynch is such a beast I don't feel right benching him. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

Lynch Spiller Ridley IMHO

[quote name='winterice']How serviceable will Chad Henne be? I've got QB problems. I just drop M. Vick to pick up B. Roethlisberger, hoping he'll be ok for FF playoffs. My other QB is J. Flacco; who is single digit points in all away game regardless of matchup.[/QUOTE]Henne is a gamble. He hasn't had that many reps with the offense and has a chance to bomb at any moment. But if you want to go based on the Jaguars' schedule, he really doesn't have to face any scary defenses for the rest of the season. In the end, Chad Henne's success depends on Justin Blackmon and vice versa.

Looking for a third WR in a PPR league this week.

Provided Julio Jones is going to miss the game, should I start James Jones or Ty Hilton? With Jones catches dropping in recent games, leaning Hilton, especially if Avery is out.

So...Brandon Stokley or Santana Moss? I can also start Shonn Greene in that flex spot but Stokley and Moss left about 30 points sitting on my bench last week.

Holy crap, talk about a roller coaster of a day... I pulled Freeman for Romo at the last minute. At halftime he had scored 3 points and I was kicking myself. He blew up and ended up scoring 48 in the second half to put me way ahead (we have a bonus for 400+ yards passing). Also stated Foster, Welker, and Witten. I've scored 91 points and still have five players to go.

Andre Johnson's last two games has been the best two-game receiving total in the history of the NFL.

He's back people and a must start.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Andre Johnson's last two games has been the best two-game receiving total in the history of the NFL.

He's back people and a must start.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't exactly say that. These last two games have been shootouts with the Texans D playing horrible. If the D gets back on track, I wouldn't be surprise if A. Johnson's production goes back to single digits.

D. Moore or J. Blackmon? I was disappointed that D. Moore didn't do anything last week when they played the Saints.

[quote name='winterice']I wouldn't exactly say that. These last two games have been shootouts with the Texans D playing horrible. If the D gets back on track, I wouldn't be surprise if A. Johnson's production goes back to single digits.

D. Moore or J. Blackmon? I was disappointed that D. Moore didn't do anything last week when they played the Saints.[/QUOTE]I'm sticking by my statement. There is more to it than how the defense is playing, Andre is also clearly 100% healthy for the first time this season. The Bears game aside with its terrible weather and low scoring; since the GB game Andre has steadily been getting more targets, huge yards, and making the catches that he normally makes but was dropping earlier in the season.

Andre Johnson has always been a must start anyway.

He's just been falling in drafts, rightly so, due to the constant games he misses due to injury every year.

In a standard 10 team ESPN league I started Alfred Morris at RB, who do I use at the flex?

Ahmad Bradshaw (also have Andre Brown)
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Marcel Reece
Ronnie Hillman
Larry Fitzgerald

Leaning towards Marcel Reece since he's been getting plenty of touches and is producing. Bradshaw just scares me at this point with his foot problems. Don't really trust Green-Ellis.

Had an odd scoring issue in my league yesterday. One of the teams started Edelman and he had a fumble recovery for a TD as a member of the kick coverage team. The site had to make an adjustment to allow for the points.

It's so rare (outside of leagues with IDP's) that you'd have a position player worthy of an offensive starting position that would be involving in a coverage unit. I guess the one exception might be covering an onside kick when you have the hands group out there.

Play 3 (RB):

Reece
Lynch
Ronnie Hillman (backup for McGahee)

Leaning towards Reece and Lynch, but Lynch has a tough matchup and with Denver playing KC, I'm expecting it to be a blowout and Hillman to get plenty of touches in the 2nd half. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='Warner1281']Play 3 (RB):

Reece
Lynch
Ronnie Hillman (backup for McGahee)

Leaning towards Reece and Lynch, but Lynch has a tough matchup and with Denver playing KC, I'm expecting it to be a blowout and Hillman to get plenty of touches in the 2nd half. Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a close one. I think I would give Lynch the slight edge just because you know he's the man in Seattle and you don't know what the carry ratio will be in Denver. Isn't Hillman most likely going to split carries with Ball?

Plus Seattle is more of a running team than Denver is with Manning.

Who should I start at FLEX this week?

Here's my roster with the players that have already gone on Turkey Day highlighted:

QB: ROMO, Freeman
RB: FOSTER, Reese, BJGE, Sproles
WR: WELKER, Thomas, Fitz, Shorts, Alexander
FLEX: ?
TE: WITTEN
K: Bryant
D :SEA, CIN

Right now I've got Reese as my RB2, D.Thomas as my WR2 and Denario Alexander in the FLEX spot. Debating on whether I should play the Law Firm or Shorts at FLEX or possibly even pick up Bryce Brown to plug in there. With a rookie QB the Eagles may try to run the crap out of the ball meaning he'll get a ton of touches.

If jennings isn't playing I may go with James Jones over Blackmon or Alexander...

Do I go with Manning at GB or Freeman at ATL?

Got Lynch, Spiller, Reece and Gore...I need 3. Leaning towards benching Reece, but looks like the field will be his basically against the Bengals. Hmm.

so Danario Alexander is available in my ppr league. I have harvin and mccoy on my bench due to injury.

Planning on starting jonathan stewart, bryce brown, and jalen parmele for my two running backs and flex position.

Should I swap stewart for alexander? Parmele and brown sound like better starts than stewart, but I don't want to be making too many roster changes before playoff season. 8-3 right now and top of the league.

Nice. Made the last second change to my lineup. Took out James Jones for Ty Hilton and already benefiting thanks to his punt return TD.

Of course, looks like Hilton isn't doing much else in that game. Apparently left in the first quarter with a head injury. And to make matters worse, I benched Julio Jones (which I did last week as well to my benefit), and it appears his ankle is no longer an issue.

At least I already clinched a playoff spot and am 2 games ahead of third and fourth, so it's not like I needed to win this week.

Well I may be able to hang onto the last playoff spot. Im dumping Blackmon for shorts, and picking up Wells. Any reason I should hang onto Shonn Greene? I figure with Jackson/Forte/Jones and Wells I should be good

bread's done
Back