2013 Thrift Store Thread

$2.97 each complete unless stated otherwise

Original Xbox
Splinter Cell
Trivial Pursuit

Genesis
Sonic Not for Resale (missing manual)

Picked up some easily flippable xbox guitars last weekend for around a dollar each and some old pokemon and N64 guides for 50 cents each.

I was gonna say "whats the big deal, im seeing $10-$25 ones on Ebay?" Then I finally found a sealed one listed that sold for $65!

Nothing much to report for the new site, though I did get another Electronic Catch Phrase for $1 last weekend.  Not terribly exciting, but an easy flip.

Picked up 3 copies of Rayman Origins and 3 copies of Street Fighter x Tekken for the vita. $5 each. Brand new/sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was browsing the cd section and found a 24k Master of Puppets disc. Haven't seen a disc like this before.
It could be a promo or single; I've found some weird A Perfect Circle releases before which sold in the $10-25 range. I didn't sell all of them however, it was tricky because one or two got re-released as mp3 in the meantime, killing the value.

Over the past week or so:

GameCube (no wires or controller): $6.99
GameCube (no wires or controller, with gba player): $6.99

Dreamcast AV Cable (Just bought a DC w/ no av cable for $20): $2.49

N64 (all hookups, no controller) $24.99 - 25% for Mondays: $18.74

PSOne (all hookups and the dualshock controller): $19.99 - 25% for Mondays: $14.99

PS2 Slim (all hookups, two dual shock controllers and Guitar Hero Legends in the disc tray): $29.99

Think that is it. I also picked up a decent copy of Twilight Princess (Gamecube) for $1.91. Was about to pick up Halo and Halo 2 for $2.92 a piece today but I didn't think the deal was THAT great and the line was long as hell so said forget it. Might go back and see if they are still there though.

Nothing super awesome (well I think Twilight Princess was), but at least I got the consoles for less than what they would normally "go for". Was iffy on the PS2 but I needed one.

EDIT:

All together came out to $10. Genesis games are complete. FFIX is missing Disc 4

At a local goodwill found a slim ps1 with cords, two controllers, a memory card and a game inside for $3.99 and also found a monster hdmi cable in the package for $4. Passed on a fat ps2 for $20

Was browsing the cd section and found a 24k Master of Puppets disc. Haven't seen a disc like this before.
It could be a promo or single; I've found some weird A Perfect Circle releases before which sold in the $10-25 range. I didn't sell all of them however, it was tricky because one or two got re-released as mp3 in the meantime, killing the value.
If it's the disc I'm thinking it is that Master Of Puppets disc might be worth at least $75 if not more. There is a release of the album under the DCC label that's a 24k disc mastered by Steve Hoffman that's the best sounding edition of the album. If that's the one that was found then great find.

I was gonna say "whats the big deal, im seeing $10-$25 ones on Ebay?" Then I finally found a sealed one listed that sold for $65!
It's more because companies quit making those due to smartphones and what not being more common place.

If it's the disc I'm thinking it is that Master Of Puppets disc might be worth at least $75 if not more. There is a release of the album under the DCC label that's a 24k disc mastered by Steve Hoffman that's the best sounding edition of the album. If that's the one that was found then great find.
I think what you described is what this is. It's the full album, gold disc and has Steve Hoffman on it. Thanks for the info.

Over the past week or so:

GameCube (no wires or controller): $6.99
GameCube (no wires or controller, with gba player): $6.99

Dreamcast AV Cable (Just bought a DC w/ no av cable for $20): $2.49

N64 (all hookups, no controller) $24.99 - 25% for Mondays: $18.74

PSOne (all hookups and the dualshock controller): $19.99 - 25% for Mondays: $14.99

PS2 Slim (all hookups, two dual shock controllers and Guitar Hero Legends in the disc tray): $29.99

Think that is it. I also picked up a decent copy of Twilight Princess (Gamecube) for $1.91. Was about to pick up Halo and Halo 2 for $2.92 a piece today but I didn't think the deal was THAT great and the line was long as hell so said forget it. Might go back and see if they are still there though.

Nothing super awesome (well I think Twilight Princess was), but at least I got the consoles for less than what they would normally "go for". Was iffy on the PS2 but I needed one.

EDIT:

All together came out to $10. Genesis games are complete. FFIX is missing Disc 4
Those Genesis games! :drool:

Made some decent PS2 finds today at Goodwill, for $3 each I picked up

War of the Monsters

Dark Cloud 2 (Didn't realize this one flipped on Amazon for so much)

Onimusha 3

Onimusha Blade Warriors

I was surprised to find these halfway decent titles mixed in amongst all the sports games and junk racing titles, so I am happy with my purchase.

2 N64s today with cords. One with jumper, one with expansion. Each for 12.99. I was satisfied. Also found my first longbox ps1 game (PGA 96) and Saturn game in the wild (pinball). Bought them for $2 each because I had never seen any before.

I found  two ps2's, chrono cross, and donkey kong country.

Then i found a nes game at the value village, and it wasn't it priced absurdly, like they like to do..

check it out.. :D

I found two ps2's, chrono cross, and donkey kong country.

Then i found a nes game at the value village, and it wasn't it priced absurdly, like they like to do..

check it out.. :D

That Snow Brothers for NES is a fantastic find. If that showed up at the Savers here, it would be located behind the jewelry counter with a $99.99 tag on it

At my local Salvation Army I found a Nintendo Platinum Gamecube boxed with instructions and plastic unfortunately it didnt have a controller. I decided to get it $30.00 I will find a controller to match it and the unit itself is in decent condition.

I think what you described is what this is. It's the full album, gold disc and has Steve Hoffman on it. Thanks for the info.

Great find then. Very jealous here.

Been a pretty dry couple of weeks for me.  The only thing I found that's not just meh-flippable toys and plush was a DVD copy of "A Good Day to Die Hard".   I stopped at my usual GW today to pick up a cabinet I paid for last night night and the DVD shelf was pretty bare, with the same junk that has been there for over a week.  

This was the only new DVD that I noticed, and was surprised to see it.  Didn't it just come out last week?  My GW district doesn't do Target clearance anymore, so that means it was donated by someone.

Had a decent GW trip yesterday, picked up :ps2: TimeSplitters Future Perfect and
icongamecube.gif
 official Indigo controller for $3 each.  Nothing outstanding, but not a bad trip for me.  Of course if TS was for the Cube it would be a different story, but I rarely find the valuable versions of the multiplats (except BFII for Xbox).

Been a pretty dry couple of weeks for me. The only thing I found that's not just meh-flippable toys and plush was a DVD copy of "A Good Day to Die Hard". I stopped at my usual GW today to pick up a cabinet I paid for last night night and the DVD shelf was pretty bare, with the same junk that has been there for over a week.

This was the only new DVD that I noticed, and was surprised to see it. Didn't it just come out last week? My GW district doesn't do Target clearance anymore, so that means it was donated by someone.
Yeah just came out last week. And yeah probably was donated by someone which I can't blame them. Worst Die Hard ever.

That is one of my dreams, finding a Sega CDX mixed in randomly with alll the junk Discmans at my local GW.  Definite jealousy generation with that find.

It's not a thrift store per-se, but at Game XChange today I found the WWE Royal Rumble Anthology boxed set with all 20 discs for $50. I actually already have this set, but it's long out of print, and I should have no trouble at all flipping it for between $160 - $180 fairly quickly, so I didn't mind shelling out 50 bones up front to pick it up.

It's more because companies quit making those due to smartphones and what not being more common place.
I have a copy of Seplaturas Schizophrenia that is 24k Gold. nice find, good album too.

a cdx? hot damn.

picked up harry potter and the order of the phoniex today for 360- 3 bones. eh.

Some decent finds at my local GW yesterday. 3 bucks each.

Mega Man X

Super Metroid

Secret of Mana

Super Mario World

Star Wars: Rouge Squadron

Diddy Kong Racing

Baldur's Gate with Tales of the Sword Coast in the retail box with color map, limited edition card, and quick reference card.  50 cents.

I found it in the board games rather than the rest of the AV section.

Passed on Baldur's Gate II, since I have a boxed copy, and the one they had was just a jewel case.  

Does anyone still pay the original Tribes, because that was in a jewel case as well?

I found  Mega Man X6, Marvel vs. Capcom and Army Men Air Raid for the ps1.  I found a case for a cd that my wife wanted (Despericiados or something like that) but the cd was missing.  I walked up to the front and they had some umds at 7 bucks a pop and a random stack of loose cds.  That's where I found the games.  Cost me 3 dollars.  My wife also found a painting of 3 kids in hockey jerseys.  Strange find for South Carolina but it will fit nice in my sports/ old school video game room.

Almost nothing this week.

:pc: Starcraft + Brood War - $.99

:pc: Simcity 2000 CD Collection, Complete but has some minor water damage to the box - $1.99

Salvation Army here today put out a boxed NES with the easy to find dime a dozen Mario/Duck Hunt for the low price of $99.99. Woman working there claimed that Wal-Mart and Best Buy sells these "for far more." I had to walk away from that vast amount of stupidity that came spewing from her mouth.

Salvation Army here today put out a boxed NES with the easy to find dime a dozen Mario/Duck Hunt for the low price of $99.99. Woman working there claimed that Wal-Mart and Best Buy sells these "for far more." I had to walk away from that vast amount of stupidity that came spewing from her mouth.
Better question, Why shop at a store owned and operated by one of the largest cults in America?

Better question, Why shop at a store owned and operated by one of the largest cults in America?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I believe he was using cult to denote its obvious religious (Christian) Mission statement.

[quote name="Kovorkian" post="10848091" timestamp="1371788860"][quote name="N_S_Sherlock" post="10847773" timestamp="1371779551"][quote name="Angry Man" post="10847618" timestamp="1371775243"]Salvation Army here today put out a boxed NES with the easy to find dime a dozen Mario/Duck Hunt for the low price of $99.99. Woman working there claimed that Wal-Mart and Best Buy sells these "for far more." I had to walk away from that vast amount of stupidity that came spewing from her mouth.[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="yourlefthand" post="10847846" timestamp="1371781846"][quote name="N_S_Sherlock" post="10847773" timestamp="1371779551"][quote name="Angry Man" post="10847618" timestamp="1371775243"]Salvation Army here today put out a boxed NES with the easy to find dime a dozen Mario/Duck Hunt for the low price of $99.99. Woman working there claimed that Wal-Mart and Best Buy sells these "for far more." I had to walk away from that vast amount of stupidity that came spewing from her mouth.[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I believe he was using cult to denote its obvious religious (Christian) Mission statement. [/quote]

I'm well aware of what he was trying to say. Just having a religious mission does not make it a cult, though.

I don't agree with the Salvation Army on a lot of things, but I'm happy to shop at their stores when I go out thrifting. The stores provide jobs and the prices are usually reasonable at the one near me. The fact that they bring their food truck into poor areas and give food to needy people with no strings attached seems like a positive thing also.

bread's done
Back