2013 Yard Sale Thread

Finally gettin' some action.

73nzah.jpg

$5 for above; :gc: Simpsons Hit & Run, :gc: Super Mario Strikers, :wii: Rayman Raving Rabbids, :wii: Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, PS1 Duke Nukem: Time to Kill and Ace Combat 2.

9r555e.jpg

$.50 cents each for these RPG guides; Chrono Cross, FF8, FFX, FFX-2, and Oblivion GOTY. They're all pretty bent as you can see but still, pretty neat and you can't argue with the price.

dw4exd.jpg

This is totally my favorite find of the day. A sealed 2-pack of NES controllers for $1! It has the hang tag and everything. Very cool but I think I might have to flip this one.

30xfps4.jpg

:br: Spider-Man was $.50 at a yard sale. The rest was about $10 from a thrift store.

NES Tecmo Bowl, Tiger Heli, Mario/Duck Hunt, Gauntlet, Low-G Man, Lunar Pool. Haven't seen NES games in what feels like ages and half of these are new to my collection, which I'm pretty sure is well over 100 at this point.

Also Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, the first game in the series, complete in big box DOS version with both size floppies and everything.

[quote name='mitemouse']i found a LOLO 3 complete in box for $4.. ill put pics up in a bit..[/QUOTE]

Argh!!!! This game has eluded for quite some time! Congrats on the find though!

[quote name='Kovorkian']No games....

Found a lot of old books

some nearing 100 years old :D[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, what were some of the titles/authors that were included?

[quote name='Mirpkered']If you don't mind me asking, what were some of the titles/authors that were included?[/QUOTE]

Total Find Hardback are in bold

$0.50 each
Alfred Hitchcock Presents:
A hangman's dozen
More Stories my mother never told me x2

Free: {local goodwill wouldn't take books, so the woman gave me and my sister 2 boxes of books (she had seen a book by one of the authors my mother likes) so the rest went to the church where my mother and a few others picked through them}
The First Deadly Sin by Lawrence Sanders
Path of the Sun by Al Dempsey
Over There by Robert Vaughan
Thunder in the Dawn by Earl Murray
Conquering Horse by Frederick Manfred
The Edge of Running Water by William Slone (dust jacket is in rough shape)
The Glass Triangle by George Herman Coxe
Outlaw by Warren Kiefer

$0.10 each although most were marked $0.25
The Zhukov Briefing by Anthony Trew
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (1953 print paperback One of my favorites so I picked this up even though I have a 50th anniversary printing)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind by Steven Spielberg
Dracula Began by Gail Kimberly
and my sister got a charlie brown compilation book

Freebie Box:
The Seems the Glitch in Sleep by John Hulme and Michael Wexler
The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff

$0.50 each
The Rexworth Mystery by Scott Cummings (copyright 1911, inside cover has written "For Thomas From Uncle Richard and Aunty {jda}) *Unsure of name in the braces as the name is a little crammed together*
The book really interested me as the only thing on the cover is a woman's face
Animal Farm by George Orwell
Official National Survey Maps *no author listed*

Third book of Azrael: Teachings of the Great White Brotherhood (this caught my eye because of "Azrael")

Most of the books have copyrights between 1940 and 1980

also grabbed some movies for $1 each
:dvd: The Watch
:dvd: Green Zone

Alright my only find is kinda killer for me but probably seems lame to the rest of you, I got a Baggie full of skylanders cards and codes, you know, the codes and cards that come with the figures. I asked about figures and they didn't have any left. Now I scored a bag of 24 cards and codes for a mere 50 cents! Lets just say the codes are good and now I have an awful lot of skylanders in my iOS games!

[quote name='SaraAB']Alright my only find is kinda killer for me but probably seems lame to the rest of you, I got a Baggie full of skylanders cards and codes, you know, the codes and cards that come with the figures. I asked about figures and they didn't have any left. Now I scored a bag of 24 cards and codes for a mere 50 cents! Lets just say the codes are good and now I have an awful lot of skylanders in my iOS games![/QUOTE]

Would you being willing to sale some of the trading cards? I have a few e-bay bought guys that are missing the cards.

[quote name='SaraAB']Alright my only find is kinda killer for me but probably seems lame to the rest of you, I got a Baggie full of skylanders cards and codes, you know, the codes and cards that come with the figures. I asked about figures and they didn't have any left. Now I scored a bag of 24 cards and codes for a mere 50 cents! Lets just say the codes are good and now I have an awful lot of skylanders in my iOS games![/QUOTE]

Cant beat that.

I dont get how so many cag here get stuff for so cheap. I went to a yard sale and they had wii stuff. The lady wouldnt reduce her price and was selling a wii balance board for $49 and said that's what was going for on ebay. She also had a wii guitar hero set for $60, motorola droid x for $100, nothing special and most of the stuff was like the norm ebay price. I tried to offer a fair price, but no dice.

Im not sure if i got a good deal or not, but i got the following games total for $6.00

starfox adventures for gamecube
sonic heroes gamecube
Baldur's gate dark alliance xbox 1

First Yard Sale (kinda) Score!

I found an ad on Craigslist advertising a GameCube bundle, turns out it was actually part of a large yard sale that was going on. The owner agreed to wait while I drove out and picked up this for $75:

8cYs5k7.jpg
rcBSMuO.jpg
SlpJWeV.jpg

Then got this for another $20:
mz2SyVE.jpg

Everything is in almost new condition (no scratches on the discs, almost everything complete).

The owner was awesome and also showed me a 3-D printer which was quite impressive. Might have to think about allocating some expendable income to one of those.

Woke up today around 6:00.

Went to the first sale around the corner from my house. All old people selling fabric.

Then Drove to a sale a block away. It's all kids stuff until my friend who's with me grabs my head to look at the ground. There are 35 :xbox: original games, a system, 2 controllers, and two memory cards, almost all mint. I wasn't gonna buy anything until a beautiful Baulders Gate Dark Alliance 2 caught my eye. Sadly the guy didn't want to sell the games individually. We finally agreed on a price of $40. Got some pretty cool games from that sale like BG II, Jedi Academy, Morrowind, Doom 3. I'm probably gonna flip the system and keep the games.

Next sale is around 8:00

Found a Pokemon Trozei for $2 and non gaming related a HUGE AMP and It's Always Sunny Seasons 1 and 2

Then a flea market

ATV 2 on the Ps2- $2 and a Call of Duty Finest Hour figure sealed fo $1

Good Day

CAGs had some pretty sexy yard sale finds today! Those sealed NES controllers are stinking beautiful. And that Gamecube lot is amazing. I only found 2 games today; Castlevania: SOTN GH version (missing manual) for $1, and a PS2 Castlevania game for $2. I asked about games at a couple other yard sales, and it turns out I missed a lot! Someone sold an Atari 2600 with a bunch of games. One guy said he had "some old video games, some sealed," and the last one I asked said he sold a CDX with Genesis & 32X games!

I enjoy the video game finds the most, but I know other CAGs also buy to resell. Since I've veered away from seeking out mainly game items I've done much better. Still love the game finds the most, and there's so much I'm looking for!

A lot of awesome finds today, really love the Gamecube lot. This was my first time of the year doing some hardcore yard saling, usually I only check out 1 or 2 but there was a community sale close by, so was pretty amped for it the past few weeks. Well, it delivered, to say the least. So, here's a few things I got:

sale1n.jpg

Got this stuff at all different sales.
- DS Lite w/ Games, Case & 3 Stylus' - $5 - The games suck, and it's a bit girly looking lol, but can't beat it for $5. I traded everything but the games to a friend for Legend Of Zelda (w/ Manual & Map) & River City Ransom (cart only)

- Castlevania: SOTN Greatest Hits (No Manual) - $1 - Guy wanted $3, I said come on man there's no manual how about a buck? He took it. That's so strange that me and dasme got the same exact sale today, haha.

- Pokemon XD Limited Edition Gamecube Console (Console Only) - $2 - Sucks that there's no hook-ups, but I couldn't pass it up for that cheap. I'm sure I'll find some hook-ups and a controller eventually.

- Guitar Hero Les Paul & Rock Band 1 Guitars (Xbox 360 - Not Pictured) - $5 - My first buy of the day. He wanted $5 a piece and I didn't even have to haggle, he was just like ok $5 for both, lol. Easy enough. Sorry, forgot to take them out of the vehicle so didn't get a pic. Good shape, just need some cleaning.

Didn't pick these up at the yard sales, but at a local pawn shop. Just figured I'd post them in here with the rest.
sale2b.jpg

- Killer Instinct (missing manual), Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and Pirates! Gold - $20 total

And now, quite possibly the best deal I've ever found....
sale3yx.jpg

- Vectrex Console complete in the box with foam inserts, manual, passport booklet (previews games for the system), MineStorm overlay & 16 games (14 complete, 2 missing only the manual) - $20 - My heart skipped a beat when I saw this sitting there on the ground. When I saw the price, it skipped again! I quickly paid for it, no need to haggle this one, and I'm glad I did because my brother said there was a lady staring it down hard as I was paying. Everything is in awesome condition and I tested the system and it works great. Easily my steal of the year and will be very hard to beat.
sale4b.jpg

sale5t.jpg

sale6j.jpg

Like I said, all games are complete except for Star Trek and Web Wars, which are missing their manuals.

Just an unbelievable day for me, couldn't be much happier.

[quote name='jk17866']A lot of awesome finds today, really love the Gamecube lot. This was my first time of the year doing some hardcore yard saling, usually I only check out 1 or 2 but there was a community sale close by, so was pretty amped for it the past few weeks. Well, it delivered, to say the least. So, here's a few things I got:

sale1n.jpg

Got this stuff at all different sales.
- DS Lite w/ Games, Case & 3 Stylus' - $5 - The games suck, and it's a bit girly looking lol, but can't beat it for $5. I traded everything but the games to a friend for Legend Of Zelda (w/ Manual & Map) & River City Ransom (cart only)

- Castlevania: SOTN Greatest Hits (No Manual) - $1 - Guy wanted $3, I said come on man there's no manual how about a buck? He took it. That's so strange that me and dasme got the same exact sale today, haha.

- Pokemon XD Limited Edition Gamecube Console (Console Only) - $2 - Sucks that there's no hook-ups, but I couldn't pass it up for that cheap. I'm sure I'll find some hook-ups and a controller eventually.

- Guitar Hero Les Paul & Rock Band 1 Guitars (Xbox 360 - Not Pictured) - $5 - My first buy of the day. He wanted $5 a piece and I didn't even have to haggle, he was just like ok $5 for both, lol. Easy enough. Sorry, forgot to take them out of the vehicle so didn't get a pic. Good shape, just need some cleaning.

Didn't pick these up at the yard sales, but at a local pawn shop. Just figured I'd post them in here with the rest.
sale2b.jpg

- Killer Instinct (missing manual), Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and Pirates! Gold - $20 total

sale3yx.jpg

- Vectrex Console complete in the box with foam inserts, manual, passport booklet (previews games for the system), MineStorm overlay & 16 games (14 complete, 2 missing only the manual) - $20 - My heart skipped a beat when I saw this sitting there on the ground. When I saw the price, it skipped again! I quickly paid for it, no need to haggle this one, and I'm glad I did because my brother said there was a lady staring it down hard as I was paying. Everything is in awesome condition and I tested the system and it works great. Easily my steal of the year and will be very hard to beat.
sale4b.jpg

sale5t.jpg

sale6j.jpg

Like I said, all games are complete except for Star Trek and Web Wars, which are missing their manuals.

Just an unbelievable day for me, couldn't be much happier.[/QUOTE]

I love how they made a game called Rip-Off. Here's a review of the Vectrex from Dr. Ashens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wkEL3RcW8s

[quote name='jk17866']...
sale3yx.jpg

sale4b.jpg

sale5t.jpg

sale6j.jpg

Just an unbelievable day for me, couldn't be much happier.[/QUOTE]

Very awesome find. What I like almost as much as the actual find is knowing you got the sale and not the other person. *Walks away from sale with head held high* haha. That has happened to me several times where other people look so jealous of what I found.

My friend's dad had a Vectrex collection in that condition - I really hope that wasn't his you bought! He seemed to know how valuable it was last I checked (which was circa 2001, I guess).

Goddamnit is everyone gonna find a vectrex this year?! I wish I could find one! At least it sounds like you got it right before a reseller which is always fun. I remember buying a bunch of rare heavy metal LP's at a Half Price Books for $3 each once and this guy who sells overpriced records at a flea market saw me with them and got really mad and yells "wait a minute, I'll pay more for them than that! Those are worth a lot! This is bullshit Im never coming here again!!" Luckily they are a retail store and could care less

Another time I was really lucky when a reseller tried to offer some low amount on a ton of 80s toys at a sale and the seller actually said no because she wanted me to buy them instead because "these were my son's toys and I would rather someone have them who appreciates them like he did instead of someone who is going to just put then in a flea market!! The reseller got really mad and said "you are crazy! These arent worth anything anyway!" Then the seller said I reminded her of her son and she wouldnt be able to live with herself to know all his stiff was at a flea market because she didnt really want to sell it to begin with. Too bad more sellers arent like that!

Some very nice finds from yesterday! Really jealous of that Killer Instinct in the box.

Only 1 more week until the *official start of the season.

Did pretty well yesterday as my area had several community yard sales.

Find 1-- Rock Band 1 Set w/ Drums/wired guitar/mic/extra wireless GH 3 guitar--$3

Asked guy how much. He said $3. Quickly agreed. He even threw in the rubbermaid tub.

Find 2-- Castlevania SOTN GH/Resident Evil 1 GH RE 2 and RE3 GH/ Medievil 2/ Alien Trilogy GH -- all complete. All $0.25 each. (Roughly...see story below)

This guy had a huge box of awesome CD's with the box marked a quarter each. Went through everything because this guys taste was very eclectic but oddly very similar to my taste. The PS1 games were mixed in to this box also. (Left behind YDKJ and some random sports titles.) Ended up with 34 CD's and the PS1 games. Offered $7.50 which the seller took without hesitation.

Find 3-- Starter pack of Revised MTG cards--$0.40.

Last stop for the day. Saw the little box lying on the table. Marked $1. I figured it would have been full of junk. Opened it up to flip through the cards ( which are all pristine as though they have never been out of the box.) Came across some fun commons uncommons etc. Nothing too crazy...until staring up at me was a pristine Volcanic Island. I put the cards back in the box and reached I to my pocket where I only had the $0.40.Offered it an it was quickly accepted. Score of the day for sure!

Had other pick ups on the day but they were just some books and Dvds. Nothing more than a buck and nothing too exciting.

[quote name='jk17866'] And now, quite possibly the best deal I've ever found....
[/QUOTE]

I hate you so much :)

I was going to post some "finds" but after your post . . . why bother?

RE: Vectrex
holy shit pickle....

I'd kill to find a set like that at that price. I'm not super into collecting retro "consoles", I'm more into computers, but the Vectrex is probably the one retro system I'd really love to have.

I came out of retirement back on May 4th and had a couple of nice finds:

- 1 SNES Mini and Spryo Collector's Edition for $10
- Small stack of n64 paper, notables include Smash Bros manual, Ocarina box, Majora's Mask box and manual - Free
- PS2 fat console, clean and with all hook-ups - $5

And possibly the best lego score I've had in a long time...
- Lego 6339 Town Shuttle Launch Command in box - $10
- One large tupperware container with 15-20 loose sets from the 1990s, lots of aircraft and octan trucks - $10

[quote name='mguiddy']RE: Vectrex
holy shit pickle....

I'd kill to find a set like that at that price. I'm not super into collecting retro "consoles", I'm more into computers, but the Vectrex is probably the one retro system I'd really love to have.[/QUOTE]

May I ask why Vectrex is so rare/popular? Im asking because I never heard of it and it seems cag here go crazy for them. What is the cost of it and games?

8755428694_33b290972c_z.jpg

No real story. Somebody was selling their guides for a $1 each and I picked this up. However, he is supposed to call me as he has a bunch more guides like this to get rid of.

8755425818_61c9efa9a5_z.jpg

Got to this sale and they were selling PS2/Xbox games for 2 for $5 and 360 games for $5 each. Not really a bad price actually. I ended up picking up these 2 games:

Just Dance Kids 2 (X360)
DragonBall Raging Blast 2 (X360)

I offered $7 for the pairt and they countered with $8 so I took it. As a side note I flipped these both to GS + the 30% pre-owned bonus +10% PUR for $21 for the pair.

8754298177_526e057207_z.jpg

This was by far the best deal of the day. I originally only was picking up Yu-Gi-Oh cards and music cds for $6. Afterwards I spotted a box with some N64 stuff in it. After asking if they would piece it out, they said no and they wanted $20 for the box. I said I would take it and ran to the bank and got back for it since they set it aside for me. In the box I got:

N64 system
N64 system (expansion pack)
N64 Official Controller (x3)
N64 Game XChange Controller
N64 Memory Card (x2)
N64 Transfer Pak
N64 Power Pack (x2)
N64 AV Cable
Xbox controllers (x2 with breakaway missing)
ShadowMan (N64)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater (N64)
Triple Play 2000 (N64)
WWF Attitude (N64)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Mario Party (N64)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
2 baseballs
bag of Kiwi Shoe Polish and brushes

All this was for $20 and the cards and CDs were $6. I've already pulled a couple rare cards out and still have about 700 to sell as a lot.

8754311089_3c5a4ebd95_z.jpg

Found Super Columns for Game Gear at a community sale for $0.25. I'm a big spender.

8755430398_61d9f6d586_z.jpg

Pulled up to this sale and saw these on ta table. Asked and they were marked $5 each. I only had $6 so I CIF'ed them that and they took it. There aren't any chargers with them but I can pick up a couple at our local thrift store I think.

Picked up a TMNT 1989 handheld game for $1
Went back next day to same sale. Everything was priced 25cents.
Picked the last 4 1989 handhelds: football, bowling, baseball, and John Elway's Quarterback.
Also grabbed 6 stacks of Xmen trading cards and Warriors of Might and Magic for GBC.

Grabbed this morning

Nes
The legend of zelda
Q bert
Bubble bobble

Snes
Captain america and the avengers

25.00 for all. Too much but a good price for these titles. Bubble bobble had the manual and all had dust covers.

Today I picked up a Dreamcast with RE:CV, Blue Stinger, and Grandia 2 for 10 bucks, all with cases and manuals! First one I've been to so far, hope I keep finding good stuff lol

[quote name='Mirpkered']
-gba sps-
Pulled up to this sale and saw these on ta table. Asked and they were marked $5 each. I only had $6 so I CIF'ed them that and they took it. There aren't any chargers with them but I can pick up a couple at our local thrift store I think.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or is almost ANY used GBA sp found these days scratched to hell lol? honestly like every time I come across one it looks like someone tried to take it for a walk and was just dragging it across the floor. (more likely a young kid just constantly dropping it)

Hit one sale today and it was a bunch of individually priced wii games from $15-40. Pretty ridiculous prices for a yard sale once again. Had they been $2 a piece I would have been walking out with a stack of games and the woman would have $20 in pocket. Instead she gets to put her games back in the house and sit on them for another year :p

Hit up a bunch of sales today and only got anything game related at one.

In one tub I got:
2x Model 2 Genesis, 3 controllers, 1 RF adapter, no AC adapter
9 games, cart only:
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Arcade Classics
Art Alive
Outrun
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Toy Story
F-15 Strike Eagle 2
Puggsy
The Great Waldo Search
The Lion King
and for some reason:
1 Indigo Gamecube Controller
1 SNES/N64/GC Composite cable
Paid: $8

Also at the same sale:
PS1 Legend of Mana, complete but the manual is in bad shape(25 cents)
PS2 Jak X Combat Racing, complete and minty ($2.00)

The Genesis stuff was the only stuff not marked at the whole sale and they made me make the first offer. I started at $5, they countered at $8 and I figured it was good enough. The only games I already had of the lot were Sonic 2 & 3 and I really needed some more controllers.

Not much today due to the weather but at one sale I got the following Wii games:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - $5
Super Mario Galaxy - $5
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $10
Wii Sports Resort - $10
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $5
Boom Blox - $0.75
Drawn to Life Next Chapter - $0.75
Rapala We Fish - $0.75

Glad to see other people finding some game stuff. I had a couple finds myself.

Game Boy Advance SP w/ Pokemon Blue, Red, and Gold and a few other games for $30.

Genesis console and a few games for $20 (overpaid for what the games were)

Big box of newer PC games for $15, but most are missing either a disc or the install key. I hadn't fully gone through it at the yard sale but there were a couple good finds. There were a few complete flight sims and, randomly, and authenticated Wayne Gretzky autograph.

2 PS2 Fat Consoles for $15.

The last find was one of those "you should have been here 15 minute earlier finds." I saw the two consoles and asked if the guy had any games. He said he had just sold ~200 of them :cold:!

Weather was crappy today. Will be out again tomorrow looking for deals.

I love going to tag sales and mostly search for movies and books.
I never bothered with the games people were selling.

Now that I have begun gaming, I'd like to check out tag sales for games as well.

So my question is, How do you guys know who's selling what?
I checked cragslist, but barely got 1-2 hits for "video games" and none for "PS3".

I'm also interested in what you do with all the older games? Do you guys collect them? Or do you resell them?

Appreciate the help!

You won't do that well looking for current gen stuff for a few years but you can try. Once in awhile you'll find some.

Going to sales advertising games isn't always the best option. Just hit a lot and some will have some.

As for what I do with the old games, mostly I play them.

Had a Bust today, stopped at a couple of community yard sales, didn't find a single thing >.>

my sister got some dishes however so not a total loss.

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Here's my stuff.

8840654889_8f81ef2932_z.jpg

This was part of a neighborhood wide sale. Ended up picking up a bunch of empty cases, The Grouchy Ladybug book, and some scent stuff. Ended up paying $1.50 for it all and The Haunted Mansion DVD was in one of the cases.

8841263192_7a9f3a5f77_z.jpg

No games were around originally at this sale but asking I found that there were a few. After asking, they brought out a box. I took one look and picked it up for $4. In it was:

Atari Plug N Play
Scooby Doo Plug N Play
Tetris Plug N Play
PSX system with power & A/V (with Composite output jacks)
The Little Mermaid II (PS)
Tekken 3 (PS)
PS Controller (x2)
Memory Card (x2)

8840625385_1a89814e31_z.jpg

Pulled up to this sale and immediately saw the guitar. And with the way guitars have been selling for me recently, I grabbed it. Then I saw a bunch of other parts. I asked how much for everything and was told make and offer. I offered $5 and got:

Rock Band 2 Wireless Guitar (360)
Nyko Foot Pedal
Rock Band Foot Pedal
Konami Microphone
Guitar Hero Microphone
Rock Band 3 cymbal expansion
360 controller stand

8840605569_8d896488b8_z.jpg

Picked up an NES with 4 controllers at a yard sale for $1.

8840589569_e971d936e9_z.jpg

Nice haul here.I was looking around and found a small stack of games. The prices were odd so I asked how much for all and he responded with $4. Ended up with:

Brute Force (Xbox)
Blitz The League (Xbox)
Fable (Xbox)
ATV Offroad Fury 4 (PS2)
Zone of the Enders (PS2)
Final Fantasy VII Greatest Hits (PS)

All the discs are in great shape as well!

8841185914_e78b1b47ec_z.jpg

No real story here. Picked up a 58 & 57 ink cart. They both feel pretty full buy for $2 I couldn't go wrong.

8841172846_5c9ace7e89_z.jpg

Pulled up to this sale and asked if there were any games. They pointed me to the toy area where I just looked and I missed this! I picked up:

Complete Basic Game Boy System
Donkey Kong Land

I brought them to the proprietor and asked how much. $2. I took it and left.

8841132764_a79b7ba814_z.jpg

I didn't pick these up but a friend did for me at a yard sale. Not a stellar deal but I broke even. Ended up with:

Konami Kids Playground: Frogger
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Transformers The Game
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Ratched Deadlocked
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Delta Force Black Hawk Down
Medal of Honor Frontline

After all said and done, She paid $14 for them all. Not that bad of a deal as taking them to GameStop evened it out.

[quote name='Mirpkered']

8841132764_a79b7ba814_z.jpg

I didn't pick these up but a friend did for me at a yard sale. Not a stellar deal but I broke even. Ended up with:

Konami Kids Playground: Frogger
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Transformers The Game
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Ratched Deadlocked
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Delta Force Black Hawk Down
Medal of Honor Frontline

After all said and done, She paid $14 for them all. Not that bad of a deal as taking them to GameStop evened it out.[/QUOTE]

They gave you $14 in trade or cash for those? Didn't think you could still get much for PS2 since they stop taking trade-ins for them on June 1st.

Also, nice find on the boxed Gameboy.

[quote name='Invicta 61']They gave you $14 in trade or cash for those? Didn't think you could still get much for PS2 since they stop taking trade-ins for them on June 1st.

Also, nice find on the boxed Gameboy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It was in trade. They had a copy of Monster Hunter Wii U they were holding for me. I had a couple other games that added to about $30 in trade after promotions. I'm trying to flip as much PS2 stuff as possible right now to take advantage of the June cutoff.

Any of you guys know anything about Micro Machines? I've got around 40 or so loose ones that I picked up that I want to sell on eBay, but I'm not that knowledgeable about them. There are some military ones (tanks, Jeeps, helicopters/planes), some 4x4 trucks, some sports cars, a few boats, and some other helicopters and planes.

There was probably a yard sale yesterday, but I missed it since it was rather cold outside. Today, obviously nada, since everybody traveled out of the borough for Memorial Day.

Ugh. New pair of scanners in my town. Looks like a couple...brand new iPhone scanners and all. Pretty blatant, too...not even trying to be low-key. They might be competition, if they ever learn what to scan...I saw the guy scanning trade paperbacks that would never sell for more than $1.

I DID, however pick up a few things today. Will update with pics after work.

Nothing games, but snagged a DVD of Mystery Team for a dollar today. That made me pretty happy. Think I'm gonna go check out another one a little out of town that advertises "DS/PSP/Playstation 2", but I expect nothing but some little kid's shovelware.

Rain out here for the next 3 weeks here in FL. And thrift stores here suck. SOL

Altough I did goto an estate today. Got beat out of legos by 5 min. Star destroyer 10030 dude got it cheap too.

The 10th straight weekend in a row where it has rained ONLY on Saturday and Sunday in my city and every surrounding city! I am ready to just say eff it to this entire yard sale season already....this time last year I already had a a truckload of games and other crap

Hey, well, I was right about the advertised games--3 Hannah Montana games for the DS, a bunch of sports/motocross and atv racing games for the PSP, but I'm pretty happy I checked it out--got three books from my childhood (Holes, a Goosebumps, and a Bruce Coville), plus a great-condition GBA (complete with pink worm light attachment and pink car charger, lol), all for 2.00. For someone who never really checks out yard sales, I'm pretty satisfied.

bread's done
Back