2013 Yard Sale Thread

I had a monster of a find today, for me at least. I didn't even know this thing existed. Got it for $20. Only thing missing is the puck.

[quote name='kermit036']I had a monster of a find today, for me at least. I didn't even know this thing existed. Got it for $20. Only thing missing is the puck.

[/QUOTE]
Sweet find, I love TMNT and I love finding weird cool stuff like that. Can't go out this week on account of my little brother's graduation. I got tons of stuff to clean and fix for his grad party.

[quote name='kermit036']I had a monster of a find today, for me at least. I didn't even know this thing existed. Got it for $20. Only thing missing is the puck.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's so awesome to see. I used to have that, me and my brother got it for Christmas back in the day, i believe the same year we got our NES. I don't think it lasted long though as my brother tore all the guys off and just used them as figures lol. But great find, love seeing old random toys from my childhood.

First N64 find in the wild that wasn't Madden 99. Asked how much for the lot and she said $20! I obliged without question. Little dusty, but they'll all clean up nicely.

Got a N64 complete with Mario Kart 64 today for $8 and a GBA SP for $2, the GBA is pretty beat but I can't pass stuff up for $2.

Today was EPIC! A little expensive and it was ridiculously hot, but by the end the backseat of the car was bursting with loot.

F5EXT6w.jpg

I got these at a rather large community sale. The guy had a Gamecube and a 3DS, both with a lot of games. The people in front of me were asking about it and he gave them some outrageous price, like $300, so they just left. I decided to ask about just the games, and it turned out they were only $5 each for DS/3DS, and $3 each for Gamecube. So I haggled the above lot down to $20. :D All are complete in very good shape.

0wq45Dp.jpg

Next was this PS2 slim, w/ hookups, memory card, and Mad Catz controller for $5.
Also got :ps2: The Warriors for $1, and a SNES/N64/GC video cable for $1.

Qz1Gxec.jpg

This N64 lot was $10. They need some help from a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, I think.

It's hard to see but the games are: Roadsters, Pilotwings 64, Rush 2064, Star Wars Ep 1 Pod Racer, SW: Shadows of the Empire, SW: Rogue Squadron, Automobili Lamborghini, Lego Racer, Zelda OOT, and Mario 64.

JfdWZu7.jpg

This NES lot was $5. Super Mario Bros 3, boxed, complete, and mint. Plus Donkey Kong Classics, Punchout, Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest, and Double Dragon. Also, two Mario Bros / Duck Hunt manuals for the lulz. This guy had a tub with a huge amount of NES games in it but I had almost all of them and they wouldn't have been worth much of a flip.

y8muPXL.jpg

DC Direct World of Warcraft - Judge Malthred action figure was $5. Looks like it might be worth $100+ to the right buyer.
Silver GBA SP with no charger was also $5.

EVERYTHING BELOW THIS WAS ONE LOT FOR $5.

4aAaQQE.jpg

Marvel Encyclopedia (2009 revised edition which I believe is the newest.)
Guiness World Records Gamer's Edition 2010

mLtR6g6.jpg

Genesis - Bible Adventures cart only & Kid Chameleon (no manual); PS1 DOOM longbox CIB; :ps2: Escape from Monkey Island and RE: Outbreak both CIB.

ezfZsAt.jpg

I nearly died when I saw these, but don't get excited! They're all missing the cartridges.
The woman told me her son left his DS travel case in the rental car when they were on vacation. Oy.

nwrjmSM.jpg

RlgY3Py.jpg

And quite possibly coolest of all, this Mario & Friends Pin Badge collection, which is a 2011 special reward for North American Club Nintendo Platinum members. It's sealed and everything. So cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit up the Lake Tapps GSale today got a snes w/7 games, 3 controllers for $3, no rf or power cord, 8 DS games for $2( a few gems Mario 64 ds, yoshi touch and go, zelda phantom hourglass) and a CIB like new LoZ Gold Cart for NES

Passed on a Sega activator and a Genesis

Went with my parents today, there was 2 community sales but my dad just drove to random ones instead of walking around to all of them. Passed on a crate with 2 PS1s, an Xbox, a Dreamcast, and a Genesis, system onlys for $5 apiece. They were pretty dirty. Also had a crate with controllers and cables, nothing I could make a complete system from. Only other games I saw were a crappy DS fashion game and a Wii U complete with 4 games, sad this already made its way to a yardsale! I only had $11 on me so I didnt ask what they wanted.

Today's luck

20GB minty 360, 2 wireless, wired headset, COD BO - $20 (tested and works great)
DS Kirby Mass, Super Scribble, Pokemon Sapphire - $6
N64 SSBB, Mario Kart - $5
Intec PS2 screen (no power cord) $1
PSONE with Screen Twisted Metal 3, 4 & Croc $7 (screen is loose at hinge but works great)
Monster PS3 cable new - $3
ooma scout new - $2

[quote name='donut']Today's luck

20GB minty 360, 2 wireless, wired headset, COD BO - $20 (tested and works great)
DS Kirby Mass, Super Scribble, Pokemon Sapphire - $6
N64 SSBB, Mario Kart - $5
Intec PS2 screen (no power cord) $1
PSONE with Screen Twisted Metal 3, 4 & Croc $7 (screen is loose at hinge but works great)
Monster PS3 cable new - $3
ooma scout new - $2[/QUOTE]

If you don't want, I needz :)

Went back to a sale I hit yesterday and bought a GBA Action Replay. I had to pay $5 for it, but it should get $60 on ebay.

Went yardsaling finally. Just hit a few sales based on signs that were around. Got the following.

Kane and Lynch Deadmen and Rage for PS3, disc only - $5 for both together

Sega Saturn with controller and roughly ~20 games - $40 for all of it.System works and most of the games work. Only one that wouldn't work was Rayman, but I think it may be an issue on the edge of the disc. It will load up to the audio CD screen and play music so I think it is just that strip that needs to be read to identity it as a legitimate game. Games listed below:

Street Fighter Alpha 2
NHL 97
NFL 97 x2
Bat,man Forever The Arcade Game
Machine Head
Astral
Sonic 3D Blast
Virtua Fighter 2
Revolution X
Ray man
Loaded
The Need For Speed
Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition
Galactic Attack
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
Bust-a-Move 2 Arcade Edition
Scud The Disposible Assassin
Black Fire
World Series Baseball II
Bootleg Sampler

All games are disc only and came in a wallet.

Got them at my Church Rummage Sale. Mildly surprised to find Games; never found them in the other years I attended. Got them for $1 a piece. All are complete except for Gears of War 2. Didn't have a manual.

Hopefully, I run into some other Garage Sales this Month.

So bought a few games (dragonball origins and super paper mario both complete) for $10. I paid with a $20, and received change in sweaty bra money.

Anyone else ever have that happen to them? lol

[quote name='Artrigis']So bought a few games (dragonball origins and super paper mario both complete) for $10. I paid with a $20, and received change in sweaty bra money.

Anyone else ever have that happen to them? lol[/QUOTE]

Singles?

[quote name='Artrigis']So bought a few games (dragonball origins and super paper mario both complete) for $10. I paid with a $20, and received change in sweaty bra money.

I've had that happen a few times. It's always fat women with huge tits.

I'm so jealous of all you people where i live we have this event in our community happens every year and you gotta be lucky to find games everything is over priced as well :/

Picked up Pokemon Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald CiB for $10, plus Nintendogs for my wife for $1. I'm very excited, especially considering my original version of Emerald got chewed on by the dog.

was he hot?:booty:
but no never has happened to me but did get money from a seller who kept the money in his shoe.:puke:

Didn't find shit in the gaming department this weekend. An original Xbox, probably a good price, but I didn't want it, did ask, but it was a charity sale and the stuff I grabbed was dirt cheap. Saw a PSP 1000 and 3 shitty games for $100 sitting right beside the beat up bedroom furniture for $700. Another community sale had a Wii for $15, but it was pretty beat up, and a Xbox 360 controller for $2, but it was missing the stick and had dog chew marks.

I did come out with:
Eragon and Indiana Jones 4 DVD for $1.
A new light fixture for my bathroom for $5.
Icanhazcheezburger book for 0.25, and I donated $1 to the charity.
A brand new still sealed in the box Portfolio brushed nickel 5 light chandelier $3. I think these are around $150-200 at Lowe's.

This was the weekend for light fixtures and it worked out for me because I needed a few.

Kinda crazy lucky ...

Last Friday went to a sale and spotted a GS refurb 360 box kinda off from the rest of a sale's items..

So I ask, do you have any video games??? no is the reply ... I say oh I just asked as I spotted the 360 box...

Oh that? it's broken, we need to just throw it away..

me - may I have it? (thinking the power cord has a lil value...)

So today I finally check it out... had a $5 wireless controller from last summer sale and a $5 20 gb HD also from last summer...

fire it up with alan wake ... not much hope ... and it works like a charm! and has the microsoft seal intact...

easy peasy $60 at GS tomorrow!

Kinda crazy lucky ...

Last Friday went to a sale and spotted a GS refurb 360 box kinda off from the rest of a sale's items..

So I ask, do you have any video games??? no is the reply ... I say oh I just asked as I spotted the 360 box...

Oh that? it's broken, we need to just throw it away..

me - may I have it? (thinking the power cord has a lil value...)

So today I finally check it out... had a $5 wireless controller from last summer sale and a $5 20 gb HD also from last summer...

fire it up with alan wake ... not much hope ... and it works like a charm! and has the microsoft seal intact...

easy peasy $60 at GS tomorrow!

oh and in the tray is wipeout 2 worth at least $10 tradein

Quite possibly my best deal ever today...

I went garage saleing this morning with $30.00 in my pocket. I ended up having to hit an ATM because I got this all for $80.00. $70.00 at one sale and $10.00 at another, almost everything was in the big one. They also had an NES with about 20 more games, some more paper, an advantage and a power pad for $40.00 but the rest of the games were common so I just picked what I wanted. That was also a good price, but I was already spending enough. I estimated the worth of this at about $500.00, give or take a few dollars. A lot of it will be for sale, but a lot of it I needed as well.

They also had a PSP with 5 games (all launch games, must have bought it and never bought more games), a few common PS2 titles, a bunch of other common PS1 titles, and about 5 more GC sports games. Still, I got the best stuff for sure.

I got:

Jungle Green N64 w/ expansion pack and with 4 controllers (various colors, all good sticks).
N64 Controller Extension Cable
Playstation Controller Extension Cable (She just threw it in the bag)
N64 Storage Unit (12 game)
N64 Transfer Pack
Two N64 Memory Card Plus' (one in case)
N64 TremorPak Plus
Tons of paper including the manuals to Excitebike, Metroid, Mario Bros, plus most of the good N64 games, as well as two guides for DK64.

Excitebike (NES)
RoboWarrior (NES)
Metroid (NES, yellow label)
Mario Bros (NES)
Hogan's Alley (NES)

Crash Bandicoot (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1)
Intelligent Qube (PS1)

Pikmin (GC)
Bomberman Generations (GC)
Star Fox Assault (GC)
Kirby's Air Ride (GC)
Super Smash Bros Melee (GC)

Namco Museum (N64)
Hyper Asteroids 64 (N64)
Space Invaders (N64)
The New Tetris (N64)
V Rally 99 (N64)
Snowboard Kids (N64)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (N64)
Excitebike 64 (N64)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Mario Tennis (N64)
Super Smash Bros (N64)
Mario Party 3 (N64)

For sale or offer will be all the paper (I don't collect it), all 3 PS1 games (already have), Smash Bros and Kirby Air Ride for GC, and Namco Museum, Rogue Squadron, DK64, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Mario Party 3. The system and controllers are also for sale.

Yeah that is a great haul.  I'd normally be hesitant to drop that much cash, but the stuff is so great :)  

One thing that makes me sad is the fact that I've only found an N64 in a color other than grey once :(  It was the jungle green one that I've always wanted but the crazy SOB was asking $70 for it :p  Why are there so few colored 64s in the wild?

So I never got a chance to post this due to the site being down the beginning of the week.  So last week going to yard sales it was in the high 90s out, and I ended up going to 3 church rummage sales, 6 multi-family sales, and about 10-15 yard sales. 

Anyways so most of my finds in the morning were fairly boring I got a 20GB Xbox 360 Harddrive, Super Mario 64 DS CIB both for $1 each.  I got a 1974 Barbie Dream Boat vehicle that was new in the box for $2 at the same sale.  I got a Tele-Games Atari with about 30 common games, and the case with the lifting plexiglass lid all for $10.  An Action Replay for DS and Toy Story for the Sega Genesis for a quarter each.  Last was an X-Men Escape board game from 1994 that was sealed in the package for $2.

So after all that boring stuff, I stumbled upon one more sale on my way home.  After looking around for a while I found a paper grocery bag of Gamecube games under a table,  I rifled through looking for anything good and found Wind Waker complete and mint so I grabbed that and looked for any more gems, but as I'm looking the woman hosting the yard sale comes up and says "It's getting late, we're way too hot so we're packing up you can have the whole bag for $5 if you want" and I could not get the $5 out fast enough.  Ended up being nothing that great aside from Wind Waker but it was still 17 games and a demo all for $5, anyways here they are:
8129bb13-d215-4c8f-8ab7-2625b39de933_zps30cd8d3f.jpg

So after that late day find I decided to keep trying for more. Ended up finding another yard sale that tucked away in their garage a tote with a Nintendo 64 system, a Nintendo Gamecube system, 8 controllers for each system, 26 Nintendo 64 games, 6 N64 memory cards, 2 Rumble Packs, 4 Gamecube memory cards. I only took a picture of the games but here we go:
3ba2ff15-8354-4174-a5c1-fbc16e1212ee_zpsd9326324.jpg

Ended up getting the whole tote for $34. On an interesting side note with the heat I spent a total of $16 on Lemonade and Ice Tea spread across various sales!

First time I actually went out to yard sales for games! Found this all for $1.

• Super Mario World
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Musya; The Classic Japanese Tale of Horror (sharpie on back) 
  • Jeapardy Deluxe Edition
  • Act Raisers
  • Killer Instict
So anyone know a good way to remove sharpie from a cartridge?

• Super Mario World
  • Act Raisers
  • Killer Instict

Magic eraser

fire Emblem gba/original for $2 cib a good deal? :p

I got that and some other Nintendo stuff all cib for $2 a piece. List later.

Got a few things today

1. a white DS Lite in decent condition for $9

and....

2. A CIB Yahtzee handheld :D  I was so happy to find this stupid thing! Some woman grabbed it and I was watching and sweating as she decided whether or not to buy it...very stressful moment XD

fire Emblem gba/original for $2 cib a good deal? :p

I got that and some other Nintendo stuff all cib for $2 a piece. List later.
You lucky bastard! Fire Emblem Awakening looks so good so even though I didn't like it the first time I tried I want to give it another shot so I can work my way up to Awakening, and I only ever really see it for less than $25 for bootlegs or the rare mistake and about double that for complete. Luckily it has come down a lot since Awakening's release as I think a lot of people did the same thing as me and now it is beginning to cool off.

• Super Mario World
  • Act Raisers
  • Killer Instict
Nice find. I reget throwing out my system with games back then :(

Anyway, I hit up 3 yard sales. Only 1 had ps3 games, but I wasnt interested since I dont have a ps3 system. I did pick up the following:

Megaman tv series dvd (A hero is born and battle for the future) $5 each

Teenage mutant ninja turtles 3 blu ray movie $1

2 stuff toys $1

brand new 1995 toy biz black spiderman and 1992 xmen ice man $2 each

I didnt know that megaman had a tv series. Im not sure if it was worth it, but $5 each cant be that bad right?

I got ice man because the package said it changes color when in cold water. Im a fan of spiderman and these reminded me of the 90's show so I grab it. I wish i could find great deals on games like so many here on cag, but i guess living in the DC, VA, MD area is difficult and most of these people be asking for too much or what "ebay" is selling. I was able to talk to the guy that gave me the dvd and blu ray down to $11, which was the cheapest he was going to go. Any tips on talking prices down and finding epic video game deals?

Anyway, I hit up 3 yard sales. Only 1 had ps3 games, but I wasnt interested since I dont have a ps3 system. I did pick up the following:

2 stuff toys $1

I didnt know that megaman had a tv series. Im not sure if it was worth it, but $5 each cant be that bad right?

I got ice man because the package said it changes color when in cold water. Im a fan of spiderman and these reminded me of the 90's show so I grab it. I wish i could find great deals on games like so many here on cag, but i guess living in the DC, VA, MD area is difficult and most of these people be asking for too much or what "ebay" is selling. I was able to talk to the guy that gave me the dvd and blu ray down to $11, which was the cheapest he was going to go. Any tips on talking prices down and finding epic video game deals?
Are you on the DC to Baltimore corridor? I'm NE of Baltimore which is something like a wasteland for retro games and even the presence of other collectors. I usually have to hit 20-30 houses on a Saturday to turn up finds; it's all about casting a wide net and sometimes just having dumb luck (being at the right place at the right time, etc).

Now for people you know are resellers sometimes your best bet is to do your homework and talk down the items which you know are hard to sell. Visiting a sale later in the day can help in some cases too; seller resistance tends to be broken down by the heat, even more so if their sale is in a low-traffic area.

2 stuff toys $1

Are you on the DC to Baltimore corridor? I'm NE of Baltimore which is something like a wasteland for retro games and even the presence of other collectors. I usually have to hit 20-30 houses on a Saturday to turn up finds; it's all about casting a wide net and sometimes just having dumb luck (being at the right place at the right time, etc).

Now for people you know are resellers sometimes your best bet is to do your homework and talk down the items which you know are hard to sell. Visiting a sale later in the day can help in some cases too; seller resistance tends to be broken down by the heat, even more so if their sale is in a low-traffic area.
Im in the rockville, MD area. Its good to hear from a fellow cag lol. Wish there was some cool cag that wants to hand out around here.

I go to yard sales that is around my area when i got some free time or when its on the way of a place im going. Im not going to drive 1 hour plus just to waste gas and time. The only thing i found was a mod white wii for $5 everything but no remote. Its great to see other cag here finding great deals, but for some reason my area is like a hit or miss. Thank you for the tip. Oh, is megaman show rare or something? I never heard of it (I use to watch sonic, zelda, mario bros, etc.) Was megaman not popular?

Picked up Syphon Filter 2 like new for $1

Passed on a GameCube with GameStop controller and Super Monkey Ball for $10

Just couldn't pull the trigger

Only a couple major things this weekend but it was overall worth it!

8991520815_805dff59e9_z.jpg

8991523661_a819479621_z.jpg

8992720004_291427ee44_z.jpg

8991528591_02fc36f308_z.jpg

This was the sale I'd been waiting for for a while. I pulled up and immediately saw the PC collectors edition games and the Munchkin. I asked for prices on things and was told that the games were $2 and the DVD sets were $3 each. After picking up a bunch, the lady asked me if I played Dungeons & Dragons and I told her I play Pathfinder. She told me to wait and brought out some Dwarven Forge terrain and asked if I was interested. I was speechless. After all was said and done I picked out the following:

Star Munchkin
Minchkin
Street Fighter IV: Ties that Bind (Blu)
Samurai 7 Volume 1 (No DVD)
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 12 Metal Miniatures (Clerics and Druids)
Guild Wars Collectors Edition
City of Villains Collectors Edition
Dungeon and Dragons Night Below: The Underdark campaign
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Complete DVD Box Set
Burst Angel Complete DVD Box Set
Guyver Complete DVD Box Set
Dwarven Forge Rooms and Passages Set
Dwarven Forge Wicked Additions II Set

After all was said and done, I offered her $20 for everything and she took it!

8991531877_d21be2b894_z.jpg

This was a nice find. I walked up to this sale and only found some overpriced PS2 games at like $7 each and decided to ask my standard question if they had any older games like nintendo or sega stuff. The folks looked at me and thought and mentioned they had a Nintendo 64 that was collecting dust with games. They brought it out and I was immediately interested. This lot included:

Nintendo 64 console
Nintendo 64 controller (x2)
Nintendo 64 power and A/V
Namco Museum 64
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Mario Kart 64
Jet Force Gemini
Powerpuff Girls: Chemical X-traction
Toy Story 2
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Off-Road Challenge
Nascar 99

They asked me what I would offer for it and I figured I couldn't pull it off. I told them all I have literally was $8. AND THEY TOOK IT!

Had a decent day: 

Picked up the following for $15

- Sonic and Knuckles (CIB)

- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (CIB)

- Cool Spot (CIB)

- Chakan (CIB)

- Game Genie (w/ Book)

Super Mario Advance for $1

Nintendo DS case, Nyko Perfect shot, Mario Kart Wheel, and 2 Wii-Mote condom things for $2 for the whole lot.

I found some other random smalls I can't think of now, but above is best finds other than a working wireless ps3 rockband guitar and wired drumset for free.

I picked this up yesterday. I might be a prisoner of the moment but this might be my best lot ever. Multiplayer Bomberman is going to be crazy this summer. Here's what you want...

2 Saturn Systems
2 Multitaps
Backup Ram
Action Replay
Arcade Stick
2 Light Guns
4 Controllers

Burning Rangers
Castlevania Symphony of the Night Import
Dark Savior
Daytona USA
Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition
Dragon Force
Fighters Megamix
Fighting Vipers
Guardian Heroes
House of the Dead
Iron Storm
Last Gladiators
Legend of Oasis
Magic Knight Rayearth
Marvel vs Street Fighter Import
Mega Man X4
Mystaria
NHL All-Star Hockey
Night Warriors
Nights Into Dreams
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Saturn Bomberman
Sega Rally Championship
Shining Force III
Shining The Holy Ark
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Collection
Striker '96
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtual-On
World Series Baseball 2

If that isn't your best find, you must have had some INSANE finds. I can't believe you found pretty much every rare US Saturn release in one fell swoop. What did you end up paying for that lot?

bread's done
Back