2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

Xbox with composite cable-$10

Harley Davidson Zippo- $1

Had extra Xbox cables and controller so now I have another complete Xbox. Both items work great after some cleaning. 

t98h13.jpg

20ht3jo.jpg

Sega 32x CIB $5.00. Didn't even have a fingerprint on it. :D/

Today I found Fable,Dr Muto,and Blinx The Timesweeper all on Xbox for $2 ea. I also found Tron 20th Anniversary 2-Disc Set Collectors Edition on DVD for $1

Found a ton of overpriced stuff at one of my Goodwills, it's strange how much the prices vary on stuff at that one, only picked up a nice set of pretty good sized sony speakers with dome tweeters for 9.99, work great and sound awesome.

Saw these:

2 copies of Mario 64 for 25 and 30

2 grey N64 Controllers for 8

CIB Black PS2 Slim for 30

Lots of wii controllers and nunchucks for 8

And a nib PS4 Charge cable for 10

I had a decent day today:

[attachment=9643:20141031_162643.jpg]

Paid $.80 ea for The Neverhood and Prince of Persia Collection.  No back art for either of them, sadly.

Paid $1.50 for Spongebob Season 6 Volume 2, brand new and sealed.

Paid $1.00 for the Quest of Glory Collection Series.

Also picked up two Harry Potter DVD double features for $1.50/ea (.75 per movie), Years 1/2 and 3/4.  Would rather have Blu Ray, but for the price, I couldn't resist.  At least they're all widescreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hit the maddafreakin jackpot. lots of brand new/sealed Infamous 2 (black label) for $24.99 each.

pwZ8S1N.jpg

Anyway I got some stuffs this afternoon at Goodwill.

4 feet high bookshelf (.01 cent strategy guides) $15
monopoly ps3 complete $6
NEW plantronics bluetooth headset pro $2
mgs solid 4 dvd (part of guns of patroits) $2
NEW zelda decal sticker $.50 cent
50pk jewel cd case (I have of bunch of disc only games from GameStop's 75% off PS2/GC Sale) $5

MaT68XD.jpg

Went to the local shop earlier today. I've never found anything there as all the donations get put out on the floor right away, so unless you're there when something good arrives it's already gone. This was my white whale until I found one earlier this summer. Absolutely thrilled to find a second one.

Walked in to donate some things and on the back table saw a:

Panasonic 3DO Console- $3 (no controllers or games sadly)

Went back to the same goodwill I got that Steel battalion bundle at in August.  Didnt find anything quite as major, but I found a Dreamcast console that came with the Dreamcast branded carrying bag, 3 controllers, vmus and all the hookups for $30.

They also had a CIB snes for $45, but upon closer inspection, the box was held together by tape so I passed on it.

Scored another Hori Namco Fighting stick today for $7. Just tested it out on my PS3 and works great!

adBhUpu.jpg

2jQgGId.jpg

Here is the other arcade joystick that I picked up several months ago for $5.

00o0o_6N91xZAwkL9_600x450.jpg

Best buys I've found in a Goodwill...

A NES Zapper for $6 -- didn't get it, but it was in really good shape.

A copy of Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist of the Roses for $1.99 -- ended up getting this, and it was in pretty good shape.

I picked up 17 copies of Tomb Raider for the ps4 for $7/each and a Ouya controller in box for $7. I should profit a good $15 a piece on the ps4 games.
Nice score. I'll keep an eye out for any myself. We are in the same area. But I only ever hit your goodwill maybe twice a year. (I think I know which city.) good luck to you though, nice to know there is a CAG nearby!

I went to a local mom & pop second hand store that had a handfull of various games.  I saw two copies of DBZ Budoki 3 and got excited until I remember Budoki Tenkaichi 3 is the rare one. :/

I did find a Gauntlet Seven Sorrows and The Warriors for PS2 for $2 a piece though, so that was cool.

At a Salvation Army I found a RE Essentials for PS2 and a sealed copy of Starcraft II for $3 a piece.

Stopped by goodwill this morning and picked up NFS 3: Hot Pursuit and Spongebob Squarepants Supersponge on PS1 for 2$ a piece, planning on going out to pawns and all the thrift stores sometime soon again.

The GWs went full retard today! Basically this, "hmmmm noone buys those Playstations when we have them for $8 apiece or that complete Xbox for $35, what should we do?!" ".......I got it! We'll mark the Playstation $20 and a system only Xbox for.....$45!!!"  :wall:

Hate to break it to you but Dark Legacy is the rare/good/valuable PS2 Gauntlet game. Seven Sorrows is the horrid story based God of War clone.
I knew it wasn't worth anything. I did want it for myself, but I didn't know it was like GoW, probably won't be into it then.

I knew it wasn't worth anything. I did want it for myself, but I didn't know it was like GoW, probably won't be into it then.
Cool, couldn't tell after the Budokai story (since this seemed like it could have been a similar situation). Seven Sorrows was Midway's attempt to capitalize on the third-person hack and slash craze in the mid-00s. It was a really odd choice for them to tag on the Guantlet brand.

Do you guys know what happen to the resale value of PS2 Ethernet Adapter? A few years ago a used one was fetching $20+ easily on eBay. Just curious. I always see them at my Goodwill.

Cool, couldn't tell after the Budokai story (since this seemed like it could have been a similar situation). Seven Sorrows was Midway's attempt to capitalize on the third-person hack and slash craze in the mid-00s. It was a really odd choice for them to tag on the Guantlet brand.
Yeah, I would've gotten Budokai Tenkaichi to sell to support my boxed old PC game habit, but there are a few console games I get for me. :lol:

Not that odd seeing as I bought it on the Gauntlet name. Granted it was $2 used and nearly a decade after release, but I'm sure they sold quite a few copies on the name alone on release.

Just got a factory sealed Halo 2 map pack at a value village, paid 13 but it was worth that to me.

I had a pretty nice find today.  Scene It LCA :360: bundle, 4 buzzers plus receiver in box with slipcover, but missing the game, for 2.99.  I have two of games already and had been looking for the buzzers for a while and wasn't too keen on paying a premium for them.  Surprisingly, this was at the Goodwill that's notorious for price gouging anything videogame related, so I was shocked to see the price on it.

Do you guys know what happen to the resale value of PS2 Ethernet Adapter? A few years ago a used one was fetching $20+ easily on eBay. Just curious. I always see them at my Goodwill.
Modders used to use them. My guess would be the PS2 modding has died down causing lower demand.

Mine usually sucks :headache: . Sometimes I find ok games there, but a lot of times... notta, as for cd's, I don't bother. They're usually in horrible shape. Hoping to go there today though just for the heck of it... :whistle2:

[quote name="Asmith906" post="12228347" timestamp="1415664674"]most people that mod go with the fat ps2 to use a hard drive or just use a modded memory card now[/quote]

The network adapter only worked on the fat ps2. You had to have one to use a hard drive.

Local mom & pop store has a Pikachu N64 in pretty good condition with original controller, but they want $120 for it.  Worth it?  That's about what they are going for on fleabay so think I'm going to pass.  It's the first time I've seen one in years.

Had a decent day today. Apologize for the lack of pics.

SNES

Donkey Kong Country
Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
Mario Paint
Lion King
Turtles In Time

2.99 each

Halo Edition Original Xbox in box with inserts (missing foam and controller) $24.99

Lego NXT set (loose in a tub, never seen one of these before but it looked pretty cool) $6.99

Have to test out the Xbox when I get home, and I will softmod it assuming it works.

Today's goodwill pick-ups:

PS3 Beatles RockBand drums set with pedal(no adapter)-$7
Wired Xbox 360 rb guitar(koisk demo version)-$4
Wireless PS3 rb guitar with adapter and mic-$7
RockBand 4 port usb thing-$2
Psyclone Xbox component cable -$5
Def jam Fight for NY(Xbox)(complete)-$4

A few more finds this week for me:

Battletoads (Genesis) complete in amazing condition - $3

Resident Evil Director's Cut :ps1: complete in amazing condition - $3

Catbert plush - $.50

And the surprising find of the week is a brand new in blister Olympus J300 microcassette recorder for $3.99.  I almost passed over on first glance, but decided to look it up on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-J300-Microcassette-Recorder/dp/B00005LM8G/

I listed it last night and it just went pending a few minutes ago.  Fingers crossed the sale goes through, because that will make my week!  And it just sold. 

wgsiz.gif

At least they dont check audio stuff around here.......yet. Akai 1722W reel to reel tape recorder/player. $5, cleaned it up real good inside/out, everything seems to work. Dont have any reels but I dont see why they wouldnt play. Looks like they can go for over $100.

[quote name="sp00ge" post="12236741" timestamp="1415899757"]A few more finds this week for me:

Battletoads (Genesis) complete in amazing condition - $3

Resident Evil Director's Cut :ps1: complete in amazing condition - $3

Catbert plush - $.50

And the surprising find of the week is a brand new in blister Olympus J300 microcassette recorder for $3.99. I almost passed over on first glance, but decided to look it up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-J300-Microcassette-Recorder/dp/B00005LM8G/

I listed it last night and it just went pending a few minutes ago. Fingers crossed the sale goes through, because that will make my week! And it just sold.

[/quote]

Aren't those things crazy? Any sealed one from Olympus, Sony, or Panasonic is worth picking up. Some of the used ones are as well.

Aren't those things crazy? Any sealed one from Olympus, Sony, or Panasonic is worth picking up. Some of the used ones are as well.
Yeah, it's crazy. But if you think about it, they are far more reliable than digital recorders. I have a new item on my hunting list - $190 profit in one day, after cost, fees and shipping is hard to argue with.

[quote name="sp00ge" post="12238218" timestamp="1415930487"]Yeah, it's crazy. But if you think about it, they are far more reliable than digital recorders. I have a new item on my hunting list - $190 profit in one day, after cost, fees and shipping is hard to argue with. [/quote]

I think the big thing is that you can save recordings more easily. Many of the digital options use proprietary formats. It's easier to carry extra recording space also.

Found three nice finds at my local used game store:

Epic Mickey (Wii) -- $5.99

Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare -- $7.99

Darksiders -- $7.99

They're in pretty good shape too with few scratches. Looking forward to playing them.

bread's done
Back