2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

Pretty decent day. Hit hpb, goodwill, and savers. After a few weeks of a dry spell finally got something.

KogRj99l.jpg

Uncharted 2 goty 6.99
Oblivion PC goty 2.99
Romance the three kingdoms genesis cib 7.99
Dr robot nicks mean bean machine cib
Sega classic tournament golf w/ box two pack with dr r for 3.99
Ristar, asterix and toe jam and earl 2 for 2.99
ROTK and Ristar? my my that is pretty sweet!

Picked this up today. Otherwise I passed on a $24.99 Wii U Pro Controller. It was salvage and as is. Didn't want to take the chance.

I am jealous... seriously. Does that price tag say $2.99? I've been wanting to get that game for awhile now but I refuse to pay the going price.

I think I might have a neck injury from it lol. Not sure if the DS won't turn on if its disconnected. The problems with the DS I had to fix was a blown fuse, which is also a pain. I just sold it for someone else to fix.

@Masa - Will send you a link to the video I used to learn from.
LOL I wonder if I bought your DS!

I actually went to change the entire bottom board on mine though, I didn't have stuff to change the fuse. It was $6 and had a good battery, so not a total loss.

LOL I wonder if I bought your DS!

I actually went to change the entire bottom board on mine though, I didn't have stuff to change the fuse. It was $6 and had a good battery, so not a total loss.
The one I sold was silver and a bit beat up. Screens were nice though. My skills with soldering is not that good enough to do something like that. I was planning to bridge the fuse, just for testing purposes, but decided not to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of did well today. Not all at thrift stores but most were.

Two official Xbox controllers in great shape: 4.98
Red Dead Revolver (ps2): 2.99

Ultimate Spider Man (ps2): 2.99
Sonic Adventure DX (gc): 1.99 (w/ memory card in case)

18 Wheeler Pro Trucker (dc): 4.99
Torneko the Last Hope (ps1): 15.99 (bit high but very nice for a complete copy)

Sim Theme Park (ps1): 2.00
Suicide Mission (atari 2600 supercharger): 2.99 (complete)
Killer Sattelites (atari 2600 supercharger): 2.99 (complete)
Suikoden IV (ps2): 19.99 (sealed)

Had never even heard of the supercharger.

Bully (ps2): 1.99
Black (ps2): 1.99
RLH (ps2): 1.99
Oni (ps2): 1.99
The Magic Flute (Criterion DVD)

Me either. Fairly cheap on ebay, may order one to try these out. Weird but cool. Not a big Atari guy but for the price I had to have them.

Savers has indeed been good to me lately:

PS2 phat (39001) w/ console, controller. av cable, power cable, this weird giant nyko stand that holds games (but no games inside), and a  dvd of morrissey? 7.99

Dreamcast w/ controller, VMU, blaster gun, power cord, NO av cable but random NES stuff in the bag with it including 2 nes controllers, 1 nes advantage arcade stick, and a nes gun 14.99

Genesis model 2 w/ 2 controllers. power cable but NO av cable 9.99

and used another 30% off coupon  to knock another 30% off the listed prices. No games in the store but probably the biggest console lot Ive gotten from one store.

It's been a while since I've found anything then the past 2 days I've come up with these
-black and purple official Gamecube controllers $10 for the pair
-Xbox HD DVD drive with cables $15 not sure why I bought this, just thought it was cool and I never had one. Now to find some movies for it.

It's been a while since I've found anything then the past 2 days I've come up with these
-black and purple official Gamecube controllers $10 for the pair
-Xbox HD DVD drive with cables $15 not sure why I bought this, just thought it was cool and I never had one. Now to find some movies for it.
The HD DVD drive can double as an computer external drive. I have used mine with my netbook that does not have an internal dvd drive.

The HD DVD drive can double as an computer external drive. I have used mine with my netbook that does not have an internal dvd drive.
this reminds me...I bought a black xbox hddvd player a few months back... does anyone know if that came with all black cables and a black remote?

this reminds me...I bought a black xbox hddvd player a few months back... does anyone know if that came with all black cables and a black remote?
I don't remember ever seeing a black version (the player was discontinued less than a year after the black elites launched). According to wikipedia and this other source, black hddvd players were given as a reward. There are pictures of a black remote.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/54530-Limited-edition-Black-Xbox-360-HD-DVD-player

I found Stratego Legends -- The Shattered Lands (1999 - Avalon Hill board game) at my local Salvation Army for $6. Complete and in excellent condition except for a split in one of the box's corners.

I also bought a complete set of Quad-Ominos (1978) at Goodwill for $3.

I've had a slow month so far, here are the only things I've picked up in the past couple of weeks.

med_gallery_350075_7875_194076.jpg

1994 Electronic Uno $1

The Hobbit $4

Beyblade (still sealed) $1.50

Force Unleashed II $2

SNES ASCII Pad $3

Final Fantasy Legend $6 (pricey for a GB game, but still a decent price)

The two puzzles I actually got at Kohl's for $3 each new, after using a $10 off coupon in the mail.

I've had a slow month so far, here are the only things I've picked up in the past couple of weeks.

1994 Electronic Uno $1

The Hobbit $4

Force Unleashed II $2

SNES ASCII Pad $3

The two puzzles I actually got at Kohl's for $3 each new, after using a $10 off coupon in the mail.
Hey, I don't blame ya for paying that much on FF- I would have done the same. That was a highlight of my younger days when my cousin and I sat together working on beating it. Classic stuff!

I stopped out this afternoon, and the GW I went to had a few PS2 games- GTA SA, The Sims Castaways, DOA 2 Hardcore. I was tempted on the last two, but decided to not indulge. I did pick up GTA Vice City, which just so happened to have a bonus of GTA 3 in the case with it. The guy at the counter checked the disc, saw the two of them and just gave the "whatever" shrug.

I did have a copy of Leisure Suit Larry Collection in my hand, but I had him put it back. I figured that nostalgia was stronger than how well the games held up. Plus it ran on XP, and I don't think my laptop would have played it (but I know jack about PC gaming).

I have had some good luck with the local thrift stores around me. This is what I have picked up in the last two weeks.

IRL the lightsabers LEDs do not look like that. $5 each. A set a Bakugan for $5. Since I haven't played something like this since Beyblade back in the day I thought I would give it a play. And some classic funk records.

Demon Stone is complete. The DS3 controller was caked in koolaid. None of the buttons would press. It was $4. After some cleaning and disassembly it works. The left stick is still catching in the top left corner though. =(

Hey, I don't blame ya for paying that much on FF- I would have done the same. That was a highlight of my younger days when my cousin and I sat together working on beating it. Classic stuff!

I stopped out this afternoon, and the GW I went to had a few PS2 games- GTA SA, The Sims Castaways, DOA 2 Hardcore. I was tempted on the last two, but decided to not indulge. I did pick up GTA Vice City, which just so happened to have a bonus of GTA 3 in the case with it. The guy at the counter checked the disc, saw the two of them and just gave the "whatever" shrug.

I did have a copy of Leisure Suit Larry Collection in my hand, but I had him put it back. I figured that nostalgia was stronger than how well the games held up. Plus it ran on XP, and I don't think my laptop would have played it (but I know jack about PC gaming).
Those do not hold up well at all.

1994 Electronic Uno $1

The Hobbit $4

Force Unleashed II $2

SNES ASCII Pad $3

That Hobbit DVD is pretty hard to find, I think.

Especially with the new movies coming out, it was fetching a good amount of cash on eBay last year. Very nice find.

BTW--I'll give you $5 for it :)

That Hobbit DVD is pretty hard to find, I think.

Especially with the new movies coming out, it was fetching a good amount of cash on eBay last year. Very nice find.

BTW--I'll give you $5 for it :)
They are actually remastering and releasing the original Rankin / Bass The Hobbit and Return of the King, out in July of this year. What they mean by "remastering" is another thing all together, though I know in the Warner Bros version they cut out some sound effects from the original VHS.

They are actually remastering and releasing the original Rankin / Bass The Hobbit and Return of the King, out in July of this year. What they mean by "remastering" is another thing all together, though I know in the Warner Bros version they cut out some sound effects from the original VHS.
Dude, thank you very much for that info.

I just looked it up, and it is selling for much more reasonable prices these days, I saw Buy it Now for $15.

I can't wait for that rerelease!!!

Today's pickups:

Nascar 2002 CIB $1.99

Eye of Judgement Sealed $16.47

Dragon Ball Z Wii Sealed $2.77

Harvest Moon GCN sealed $3.50

iVu2LUyl.jpg

Saw this a few days ago at Savers lol.

IMAG1561.jpg

IMAG1562.jpg
At least the pirate that made that one was smart enough to use a valid UPC (for Mario 64 DS). The Princess Peach I received off of Amazon a few years back had a made up UPC - but then again, it was a really obvious fake.

I picked up some nike+ipod running tracker thing today for 4 bucks. My girlfriend is really excited about it, so I won there.

Same GW had FIFA street and FIFA 10 on DS, and if this were 2 years ago and I planned on keeping my DS I would have been thrilled. Now, I am just bitter about it.

Did find disc only copies of Biggy Smalls "Ready to Die" and "Life After Death" for 50 cents a disc. Proper jams for the summer! woohoo!

Did find disc only copies of Biggy Smalls "Ready to Die" and "Life After Death" for 50 cents a disc. Proper jams for the summer! woohoo!
Did you get both discs for "Life After Death"? Shame he only had the two albums though he did some stuff with Junior M.A.F.I.A.

My big find of the week was Voltron: Fleet of Doom for $3 at a mom & pop store. I know not a great price but I didn't get to see it when I was a kid.

Did you get both discs for "Life After Death"? Shame he only had the two albums though he did some stuff with Junior M.A.F.I.A.

My big find of the week was Voltron: Fleet of Doom for $3 at a mom & pop store. I know not a great price but I didn't get to see it when I was a kid.
as a matter of fact I did find both discs. I would have been ok with just the one, but having both provides all the good tracks. This GW in particular has had a basket with disc only stuff on the counter for about a year now, and they add stuff frequently. Last night it was over flowing. All kind of Disney CD, some Busta Rhymes, Master P (newer not older), Dora DVDS and even a copy of Madden 04 for the original xbox. Its like a treasure box, I never know what I will find!

My daughter had a Dr appointment over in Murrysville yesterday so I dropped in that Goodwill and was reminded why I never bother with that store.  

A stack of PSP games for $8/ea and an NES "bundle" for $150 in the display case.  The sign on the box said NES, four games, three controllers (one was a zapper) and cables.  There were only three games: Mappyland, Super Mario 3 and Super Mario/Duck Hunt (which I'm assuming was counted as two games).  Everything was filthy and the NES was YELLOWED worse than any NES I've ever seen in my life.  That thing must have been sitting out in direct sunlight for a decade or more.

[attachment=4442:securedownload.jpg]

This is from a week ago 2.97 for the SNES games, 2.97 for the Disney infinity figures sealed ( they are still sealed) and .97 for a ps1 underground jam pack disc. This is the second time I found super Mario world for SNES for cheap. They also had yoshis cookie I passed that up 

I finally have a find worth sharing, but I'm too lazy to post pics right now.

I walked into a local thrift and saw a GB case in the front display case. I get closer to take a look and notice a stack of games, then see a bankers box on a shelf labeled nintendo set with games. I immediately got in line and bought the following:

For $25:
Silver GBA SP
Silver GB Pocket
GB Pocket case
mario kart super circuit
donkey kong land
super mario land 2
super battletank
warioland 2
bart vs the juggernauts
metroid II
james bond 007

For $35:
28 XBOX magazine demo disks
Logitech Attack 3 flightstick
Yellowed SNES w/hookups
Non-yellowed SNES w/ hookups
stunt race fx
super return of the jedi
troddlers
Zelda LTTP
Super Mario World
DKC
DKC3
Killer Instinct
Secret of Mana
Lagoon w/ Manual
Boxed Soul Blazer
Boxed Shadowrun
Boxed Lufia II
28 XBOX magazine demo disks
Logitech Attack 3 flightstick
I want to see pics lol this sounds to good to be true lol goodwill would never sell anything for that cheap with that many items they do there research now it seems lol at least sometimes

I have been going to a mom and pop thrift store for six months now and until today the best things I've found there have been a $1 copy of Tony Hawk Pro Skater mixed in with the CDs and a $20 sealed copy of the two Star Wars trilogies on BluRay.  Today though I found a stash of decent SNES games (carts only) for $30, which I talked down from $60 (which was crazy):

Super Mario World

Zelda: Link to the Past

Mario Kart

Donkey Kong Country 1,2, & 3

Not a super deal but fantastic considering the store's history.

Had a couple good finds in the last week. And a weird one today

Early in the week, I stopped by a Goodwill and found:

- Kirby 64 crystal shards cart for .99

- Hulk: Ultimate Destruction Gamecube for 1.99

- Sonic Gems Collection for Gamecube for 1.99 (unfortunately the disc inside was for a different random game, but the case and manual were in mint condition so I bought it anyway hoping I can find a disc one day since I need it for my collection)

I also had a 20% off coupon so my total was even less.

Today I found a Pokemon Monopoly board game for $2.99. I've had great luck with Pokemon board games before so I was more than willing to buy it. Upon checking inside the box, two of the figures were missing, but there was a Gamestop gift card inside  :whistle2:k

Didn't have time to check it there but figured what the Hell and bought it.

Got home, checked the balance on the gift card, and...

....$25!  :D/

Today I found a Pokemon Monopoly board game for $2.99. I've had great luck with Pokemon board games before so I was more than willing to buy it. Upon checking inside the box, two of the figures were missing, but there was a Gamestop gift card inside :whistle2:k

Didn't have time to check it there but figured what the Hell and bought it.

Got home, checked the balance on the gift card, and...

....$25! :D/
Completely random and awesome at the same time, nice find.

BObEpIO.jpg

Picked these out of a huge pile of games for $2.92 each at the Volunteers. They all look new except for some grubby fingerprints. There were mostly shooters and Tom Clancy games, as well as a pile of PS2 sports games that have been there for week, a scratched up Left 4 Dead and Big Bird's Hide and Speak for NES.

BObEpIO.jpg

Picked these out of a huge pile of games for $2.92 each at the Volunteers. They all look new except for some grubby fingerprints. There were mostly shooters and Tom Clancy games, as well as a pile of PS2 sports games that have been there for week, a scratched up Left 4 Dead and Big Bird's Hide and Speak for NES.

Had jury duty stuff today and yesterday so I hit up 3 GWs since theyre on the way home. $15, system only. Bought it because I have extra parts and its really clean besides the sticker. Cables were $0.50 apiece.

Then I was driving away and saw this. "When this baby hits 88 mph, youre gonna see some serious shit!"

My daughter had a Dr appointment over in Murrysville yesterday so I dropped in that Goodwill and was reminded why I never bother with that store.

A stack of PSP games for $8/ea and an NES "bundle" for $150 in the display case. The sign on the box said NES, four games, three controllers (one was a zapper) and cables. There were only three games: Mappyland, Super Mario 3 and Super Mario/Duck Hunt (which I'm assuming was counted as two games). Everything was filthy and the NES was YELLOWED worse than any NES I've ever seen in my life. That thing must have been sitting out in direct sunlight for a decade or more.
yea that store sucks goat sack. I stopped by on the way home from Seton Hill when I had an interview there last year, and it was a disaster.

Today. happened to have a minute before class so I ran into the GW by campus. They had just set out a cart of items, which contained 3 Warhammer boxed figure sets! I lost my mind because I am a nerd. Conveniently, there was a pool table next to the cart where I checked the contents of each. Sadly, 2 out of 3 where horribly lacking pieces, but the other was complete and 95% unassembled.

What a strange find for a thrift store. I am shocked as to why such a thing ended up donated.

That stuff is expensive. Used to play 40k, don't think I could ever donate that type of stuff.
I KNOW!!!!! I got into the whole warhammer world because of a band called BoltThrower whom used art on the cover of their albums. But as a hobby, I can't commit to something like this (my girlfriend would probably leave me on the money involved alone lol)

My buddy bought me this for Christmas

I checked the price (on accident) when buying glue at a hobby store and wanted to smack him. Plus the amount of detail I have to paint is redicyoulous

I KNOW!!!!! I got into the whole warhammer world because of a band called BoltThrower whom used art on the cover of their albums. But as a hobby, I can't commit to something like this (my girlfriend would probably leave me on the money involved alone lol)

My buddy bought me this for Christmas

I checked the price (on accident) when buying glue at a hobby store and wanted to smack him. Plus the amount of detail I have to paint is redicyoulous
I think the most I paid for a single figure was $20-$25 for Kaela Mensha Khaine. The main codex was $60-70 I think and the Eldar codex was another $30. Dropped a decent amount of money to have a small army.

I actually enjoyed painting them, nothing but bright colors for the decadent Eldar! I even started making fortifications and buildings for the playing field. Still have all my stuff but haven't played in 13 years.

bread's done
Back