2014 Yardsale thread

I bought 2 totes full of sealed DVDs for $40, the total value on Amazon is just over $800! I was floored.

Turns out they had ~20 gamecube games, a ps2 and games, and a PSP that I missed. When I asked if they had any older stuff the woman pointed me to a table with an N64 10 Game storage Drawer. Ok, I though. Then she opened it up and the first thing I saw was a gold cartridge.

$20 (games were marked $2 each, and the drawer was another $2)

N64 10 Game Drawer (in great shape)

Majora's Mask

Pokemon Snap x2

Rayman 2

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Pokemon Stadium

Duke Nukem Zero Hour

Excitebike 64

Mario 64

Also got 28 PS2 games for $14, but nothing really of note.

Aside from that I picked up all kinds of things.
need pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They feed my eyes.

Not sure how well I did on this Atari lot. 7800 Pro system and a bunch of games. $20.

Edit: WOW. More games in that bundle that I thought. 88 total. Any rare ones here? I'd assume most of these are pretty common. Noticed there's no power cable for it. They go for around 20 on eBay. Debating if it's worth it.
Some of those are uncommon games. General rule of thumb, if the cart is shaped different than the typical 2 shapes, there is a chance it has value. (regular or slanted/rounded -like qbert, frogger, and popeye)

Very nice. My dream is one day to find a LEGO set at a yard sale that is actually complete.
A complete LEGO set? Hmmm I may have one of those coming down the pipe...Do sealed sets count? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
NprBfNU.jpg

After pretty much no finds for the past week, I'm glad I got atleast something.

Pokemon DS Case & Tekken for $3, Tekken case was absolutely disgusting so the second I got home I threw it away.

Thrillville (Complete) for $2 at another sale

Looking at craigslist all week long and no sales ever popped up, just one that has been listed a few weeks now, thought it was kind of weird, but whatever.

So I didn't plan on going out, just for shits n giggles I checked if there were any new sales listed today, and of course 30+ pop up and most of them say listed 3+ days ago, one says PSP and PS3 games, and another has a DS Bundle and N64 Bundle.

I've been looking for a PSP and N64 stuff forever...

fuck you Craigslist
Exact same thing happened to me, although none of the sales looked that good anyway.

I'm pretty sure CL's garage sale section has been broken ever since they revamped it to sort by date. I'm definitely not going to make the same mistake again. :/

Went to a town wide sale today before the rain hit but managed to get some nice items. First was 2 super soakers for $3, dirty but collectible, next was a Bose lifestyle 30 ii system for $50 supposedly the cd part goes in and out but figured the pieces and speakers are well worth the gamble. Then came a lego x-wing set for $15, supposedly all pieces are there and when I got home it seems like a tie interceptor is there as well which is awesome, lastly was all the games were from one sale asking $1 each but they took $20 for the lot.
Mister Mosquito is one of the more unique titles for the PS2. I had it on my want list for a few years before I actually found a copy.

Well I found a few things.

Not sure how well I did on this Atari lot. 7800 Pro system and a bunch of games. $20.

Edit: WOW. More games in that bundle that I thought. 88 total. Any rare ones here? I'd assume most of these are pretty common. Noticed there's no power cable for it. They go for around 20 on eBay. Debating if it's worth it.
Of all those titles, I had the most fun with MASH, Chopper Command and Frogger. I always grab these types of bundles since there always seems to be one title included that makes it worth it. I found a similar bundle last weekend that I still have to clean up before posting.

How do I put this delicately...My competition reads this thread and I want there to be something left for me if s/he beats me to a sale. ;)
If I remember correctly... Your from Fort Wayne... lots of competition here. I never reveal details anymore. just finds. I gave too many crappy resellers too much info. never again...

If I remember correctly... Your from Fort Wayne... lots of competition here. I never reveal details anymore. just finds. I gave too many crappy resellers too much info. never again...
Don't call my location out! :shame: You have the wrong guy anyway. :whistle2: I live in IL. I know who you are thinking of, but I will let him say it is he wants to.

HA I hate you guys and your finds! I almost decided to just sleep in but I ended up going out for 5 hours since it was my first Saturday morning off in almost 2 months.

Heard I missed out on a few PS2s and Gamecubes (eh no biggie), and 2 system only NESs. Passed on PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Wii, DS, GBA shovelware and a couple PS1s. "Thats the deal of the day"..........dirty ass Wii with dirty controllers and shovelware for $50. They had the case for Super Smash Bros Brawl marked $5 but no disc or booklet to be found (we checked inside the Wii). Most people said "no we dont have anything like that" or "we do but we still play that". I actually had a few people go inside and double check for once, but no dice! Had one lady say "we dont.....we actually had some guy drive by around 4am when we were setting up and asked about video games".......WHO THE FUUU GOES OUT AT 4AM?!
People that strickly resell. that's who goes out at 4am around here.

Don't call my location out! :shame: You have the wrong guy anyway. :whistle2: I live in IL. I know who you are thinking of, but I will let him say it is he wants to.
sorry, lol. ive been off this forum for afew years. your one of the few names that I remember. sorry to call you out.

Anyone notice that kids these days play some of the shittiest games ever? I started garage saleing in 2001, and everyone had atleast 2-3 good first party nintendo titles with their systems, usually more. Now days if you find a wii, 90% of the games are casual games. what is wrong with people these days?

Anyone notice that kids these days play some of the shittiest games ever? I started garage saleing in 2001, and everyone had atleast 2-3 good first party nintendo titles with their systems, usually more. Now days if you find a wii, 90% of the games are casual games. what is wrong with people these days?
The Wii and DS were the most popular systems of the last generation and the library for the most popular systems are mostly trash. Hell, I love the NES, but there's like 50 decent games out of a library of 600 some.

So here's my haul for the weekend. It was a long day so I won't go through all the specifics, but I paid $80 for everything. Finds of the day of the were the disc-only Metroid Prime Trilogy for $5 and all of the NES SNES, and Genesis stuff in a box for $20.

As always I found a few leads, but they never seem to pay off. Maybe everyone's waiting until Autumn to start calling me back...

Actually had a pretty decent weekend to make up for the crap fest that was the last two weeks. Was out from about 8 to 1 pm on Saturday and I just hit up 4 sales on Sunday on the way to and back from lunch.

$10

Yamaha keyboard with stand. Wanted $15, took $10

- saw it on ebay for about 80 + shipping. I imagine shipping will be a nightmare so I might just list it on craigslist for like $60

$6

2 barbies - one newer ones and one from the early 90's. newer one is definitely sealed, older not so sure

8 dvds - a few sealed

Barbies for $3 each - girlfriend offered $5 for both but wouldn't budge. DVDs were 25 cents each

$1

stuffed Pikachu with tags

$14

stuffed Mario with tags

Smash Bros Melee complete and mint

3 different colored GameBoys

Guy said he was holding onto all his other SNES stufff. Only other game stuff was a PS2, Xbox and some games, but nothing really that stood out to me

Smash Bros was just randomly in a box on the lawn. I then double checked since they mentioned they were just saving onto the SNES, but apparently Smash was a straggler that was left behind from an earlier purge

$51

Brand new and sealed PeeWee Herman from 1988 - about 2ft tall

SNES w/ DK Country

5x TMNT kids puzzles

Bag of power ranger figures

The bulk of this was for PeeWee. He was pretty cool, but they were looking for 50, but got them down to 35. I may keep him or I may just sell him off around Christmas. There was a Genesis there but it only had sports games and Streets of Rage loose. I didn't really want to bother with it because it was missing the power adapter and AV cable so I left it.

$15

Italian Cabbage Patch kid. I saw the same one sell for about 70 online so I talked them down to $15

$1

Adventure Time trade paperback

$3

Collection of Care Bears and location/accessories

$1.25

3 Power Puff girl firgures

Wacky Wobbler from Bug's Life

Tamagtochi (need to get a bettery for it)

$4

D&D Monster Manual 2

Superman: Red Son tpb

Buffy Vol 1 and 2 tpb

What I think is the complete Dark Tower: Gunslinger run in comics - was like 15 issues

Walter from Big Lebowski figure

Luigi figure

Yoshi figure

Crow figure

Leonardo TMNT figure

Captain America on motorcycle figure

Wish there were more tpbs and comics since he was only asking 25 cents for trades and 10 cents or individual issues. I'm definitely going to keep Red Son since it is probably my favorite Superman story ever.

$240 (had to run over to the ATM)

10 different comic statues - Batman, Wolverine, Avengers, etc. Going price on average on fleabay seems to average about 125 each so a good deal. The Wolverine is the older costume (dark brown) which is always cool.

He took down my name and number and said he will hopefully call me about video games like TurboGrafx, SNES, 64, etc.

If only every week could be like this, but I guess it makes up for the horrible horrible sales of the last two.

Man you guys are professionals when it comes to yard sale finds! I picked up the Diamond Edition of The Lion King 3d/blu/DVD/UV with the motion cover for $15 and The Walking Dead Season 1 Blu ray collectors set with the mask for $20. I'm not much of a yard sale hunter but after this stop I may be on the look out a little more!

Was late to get out for the community sale. A couple fun books to read and some boxed PC games.  Impossible Mission looks like fun. 

gallery_354731_8396_1239442.jpg

I snagged this Lite Brite from a guy I know in the neighborhood.  My daughters put a pattern together right away.  Still a cool toy all these years later. 

gallery_354731_8396_550587.jpg

gallery_354731_8396_268362.jpg

I snagged this Lite Brite from a guy I know in the neighborhood. My daughters put a pattern together right away. Still a cool toy all these years later.
The Sarah Silverman book looks good.

So many hours of fun with the Lite-Brite as a child! Of course I was easy to entertain; one of my other pastimes was gathering the neighborhood kids and having a rock fight.

20140914_151637.jpg
20140916_180438.jpg

http://youtu.be/-qbE_tO1QqI

Sorry, later with the pics and video .First picture is of one of the sales I went to, got it all for 5 bucks, rediculous find. Second picture is the full weekends haul. Video has all the details. Check it out if you want ;)

has all the details

WTF man now you have an intro?!! Soundwave muthafucka!

I had a decent non game day today. I bought a few games, but mostly vintage items and music. I ran into the guy that wanted to kick my ass. He had some sealed Disney DVDs that he was looking up on his phone as I approached. I'm not sure he even noticed me, but I think he was ahead of me most of the day.

I have someone who "threw out some video games recently" that said she will hold whatever she still has at her home for me. I have a feeling she will look them up, but she said she had original Nintendo, SNES, and N64. It could be epic or a total bust. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

I passed on a $5 gamecube with 3rd party controller and 3rd party AV cable. I probably should have bought it, but Ineed to start passing on more stuff. I saw some realy nice CIB stuff, but the guy wanted $100 for a genesis and $60 for a gameboy with a stack of boxed/junk games.

I did see this hottie that remembered me today. As I was leaving she said "It was nice to see you again!" I might "accidentally" stop by her sale again to talk to her some more and to implement the D.E.N.N.I.S. system.

Gotta admit, I'm starting to feel anxious about the approach of the end of the season, I'd like to get one more really nice score in. I suppose I shouldn't be too discontent, it's been a great summer of finds for me.

WTF man now you have an intro?!! Soundwave muthafucka!

I had a decent non game day today. I bought a few games, but mostly vintage items and music. I ran into the guy that wanted to kick my ass. He had some sealed Disney DVDs that he was looking up on his phone as I approached. I'm not sure he even noticed me, but I think he was ahead of me most of the day.

I have someone who "threw out some video games recently" that said she will hold whatever she still has at her home for me. I have a feeling she will look them up, but she said she had original Nintendo, SNES, and N64. It could be epic or a total bust. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

I passed on a $5 gamecube with 3rd party controller and 3rd party AV cable. I probably should have bought it, but Ineed to start passing on more stuff. I saw some realy nice CIB stuff, but the guy wanted $100 for a genesis and $60 for a gameboy with a stack of boxed/junk games.

I did see this hottie that remembered me today. As I was leaving she said "It was nice to see you again!" I might "accidentally" stop by her sale again to talk to her some more and to implement the D.E.N.N.I.S. system.

Haha, yeah, I was to lazy for an intro, but a few friends online have been nagging me to get one, so one dude made me one real quick, hey free is free right ? And yeah I needed a comment on my video to remember, can't believe I couldn't remember the Transformers name.

How did the "I threw out video games recently" person work out?

story time...

Her son has the SNES games in CA and she was only able to find 7 NES games and 1 N64 game. She wanted top dollar of course (which drives me crazy). I almost left without buying the games because I was pissed.

One of them is Techmo Bowl. She said "That one is $15 on ebay. We looked some of them up."

I told her you have to look at completed listings to get an idea of what stuff is actually worth. She then asked what I pay for them normally. I told her between .50 and $1 per game.

She then said she wanted $5 per game. I countered saying, "If you threw some out already, you didn't place much value on them. The most I'll pay is $1 per game.

She then countered with $10 for 8 games. I said "how about $8" and she said no $10 is as low as she will go.

I ended up buying the games for $10 because they are clean and have sleeves.

I got a good deal and a not so good deal today.

SNES - $20 no super scope or games

[attachment=8352:image.jpg]

PSP 1001 with games - $80
[attachment=8353:image.jpg]

I got the SNES at a yard sale advertising games. It didn't start till 8:30, but I got there at 8 or so. I was the first one there and it hadn't opened yet so I figured I didn't want to wait the 30 minutes so I went to the next couple of sales on my list. I got back at around 8:25 and to my dismay I saw some kid looking at the games. When I went to look at the box, he said he was buying them all. There didn't seem to be anything of value, but there were probably 8 Genesis games, 8 SNES games, a few NES games, and a few PS1 games. He paid $50 for everything. Oh well. She had a PS1, NES, and the SNES left so I asked how much for those. She said $50 and did not want to take $30 so I asked for just the SNES. She wanted $30 and I CIF'ed her $20 and she took it. I couldn't find the super scope that was missing though. It is a non yellowed one so I'm going to sell mine and keep this one.

I wasn't ready to buy a PSP today but this guy had one at the last sale I went to. I had been looking to buy one so I took a chance on it. I managed to buy everything for $80 but checking online, I definitely overpaid. Next time I have to remember to do research on stuff before I head out.

Saw an ad for a pinball machine today, got there and it ended up being a shuffle bowler...

I wasn't planning to purchase a pinball machine as I have no space for one but I like them and I was curious what the person had.

I actually had a pretty good day today. It was pouring rain outside when I woke up, but for some reason, I felt like going anyway. Glad I did.

Got some good games for dirt cheap and a bunch of old comics. I'm in the process of sifting through the comics for any I might want to keep and any that may have some value.

Found out my copy of Mickey Mouse #209 is actually quite rare and has some value to it.

^^^ I assume the Mickey Mouse is from a Whitman prepack. Some of their comics were only available in the retail prepacks. If you need any help with the comics, you can post a pic and I can give you an idea if you have any key issues (though I know more about "superhero books" than "funny books").

Picked up two 360 USB controllers for the PC at one sale. They wanted $20 for both, got them down to $10. Pretty grimy but otherwise in good condition.

My only other pickup for the day was a set of thirteen manga books (Death Note 1-12 and the first volume of something called Blame). $10 total. Not sure yet if they're going to my kid sister or getting flipped. So no huge finds today but it wasn't more of the dry spell I was in for a long time.

^^^ I assume the Mickey Mouse is from a Whitman prepack. Some of their comics were only available in the retail prepacks. If you need any help with the comics, you can post a pic and I can give you an idea if you have any key issues (though I know more about "superhero books" than "funny books").
well its a Whitman comic. Not sure what the prepack deal is, but I didn't see any other variations of the comic.

well its a Whitman comic. Not sure what the prepack deal is, but I didn't see any other variations of the comic.
I don't have an overstreet price guide here, but I am almost certain that Mickey Mouse 209 was only available in a pre pack sold at retail stores. They would be something like .39-.79 for a 3 pack of comics and the issue you have was only distributed in those packs making it a rare comic. I don't think there are other variants, so if you have it, it is the good one! :)

An okay day today.

First sale is a repeat street sale that I've been to now 3 times the last two years. One house keeps bringing out the same Zelda skateboard each time. They want $5 for it, but I don't want to give it since I doubt it is worth it. It is very very worn and the graphic of of Ocarina of Time is not clear.

$12

One house are definite resellers but I've gotten a few good things here and there from them. No games this time, but I got a bunch of trade paperbacks. Some good ones like Long Halloween and  bunch of others. $1 each except for the Dark Knight Returns ones that were 50 cents each.

$10

N64 w/ like 10 games, 2 controllers, and memory card. Sadly the games were all sports. Wave Race and Cruisn USA were in there though.

$1

Billjack 4 DVD collection - saw this one sell on ebay for like 40 plus a few times

$3

Complete Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman show - like 40 DVDs

Zelda Board Game - looks like it is missing a few die - bleh

Ghostbusters board game - need to check it out

Superman Colorforms

$1

Toy Story 3 dvd

This sale also had a big bunch of Civil War trading cards by Topps in a shoebox. Some were in plastic sleeves, some weren't and were pretty worn.

I was curious because they looked pretty cool so I thought if she was selling them for a few bucks I'd grab them. Asked how much, and she said "Two". I was like $2, sold. She then corrected me to $200

I left them behind of course. I looked online and some do some valuable, but I'm not gonna drop $200 without an exact list of what is there and in what shape.

$5 sealed board Game - Samurai Swords aka Shogun. Apparently on ebay people are trying to sell it for 130. I was going to open it and play it, but now I don't know lol

$4

Two window box fans. Need them since I'm going to take the AC's out and I still get way too hot.

Left a few numbers - will see what happens.

I don't know if I will bother going out tomorrow. If I wake up early enough - maybe.

Hit up three today, not much luck.

First one had nothing I was interested in.

At the second one I found a Historical Society book on Northampton County, PA. It was $1 and from 1953, so I bit as I usually thumb through the Native American/early stuff of these. Looks like it's going for $15-ish online.

Third one had some DVDs for 50 cents. I picked up Rambo First Blood Part II and the Batman/Returns/Forever/&Robin 4pack for myself and The Buddy Holly Story for my nephew. Probably should've grabbed some other ones at that price, they had the two Lara Croft movies and some other somewhat interesting stuff. I've just been trying to ween myself off DVDs since I've been buying more Blus. They also had some games (PS2/XBox/GC/Wii) which has been a rarity this year. However everything was fairly crappy, so I'm guessing they were picked over. (I was going to go early to this one, but I noticed it was the same spot I'd been two like 3 times in the past two years. Of course this time, it seemed other family members had stuff out.)

Here are a couple of pick ups from earlier in the summer. They were both labeled free in front of a house while I was out. Unfortunately, the batteries were dead but I managed to get McQueen up and running after buying a charger and a battery. My son was thrilled. I haven't had a chance to fix up the jeep yet.
[attachment=8390:image.jpg]
[attachment=8391:image.jpg]

20140921_124400.jpg

http://youtu.be/KkBHfEJ4GNA

Weekend finds, and had the fun of running into another "game hunter" at one sale, even had the audacity to grab the box i was looking through, and ask how much were the games? Luckily for me, the lady let me buy all the stuff. Other info on that sale and more in the youtube video. If you want,  like, sub, comment and all that 

I'm a bit late, but here's my rundown from last week. I had a thing at 11am so I didn't have too much time, but I found some good stuff nonetheless.

I headed out early to a couple of community yard sales. The first one mentioned video games, but when I got there and started asking they said someone had already come through doing the same thing, so I peaced out and hit up the second sale on my list. I went through 10 or so houses asking until someone finally said "Oh, we have an old Nintendo, wait here!" and brought out the following SNES and games, I was able to get it for $20. Nothing super amazing, but there's some good trade bait and repro titles in there.

A little further on I asked about video games, and the daughter brought out her Gamecube stuff. I got it all for another $20, but when I more closely inspected things later I noticed that the discs for Sunshine and Smash, while playable, are in rough shape. I don't feel right trading them, so I'll probably just put them up on eBay to recoup costs from the day.

And here are the rest of gaming finds for the day. Spec Ops was $5 and will go to MAGfest, Sonic and Shaman King (the GBA game) were $5 together, Animal Crossing was $3, and the PS3 games were $1 and were actually at a sale directly across the street from me when I got home.

I went out Sunday morning but had very little luck. I did manage to snag a Wii with cords and disc-only DKC Returns $20, but that's it. I've got a bunch of community sales lined up for tomorrow, here's hoping a get one last big score for the season.

^^That puts my console only SNES find to shame, lol.  Nice pickups!  You can recoup your total day's expenses by selling a couple of those carts.

Yeah, def. Mario All Stars and DKC aren't in the greatest condition, so I think those'll go on eBay and those'll cover me.

Apparently I missed an N64 and some games at the second community sale and that was the point people started mentioning someone had come by earlier asking for games. Once people start saying that I just pack it up and move on, and on my way out I saw one of my competitors. I was tempted to stop and tell him he was wasting his time, but meh.

Apparently I did well on this vintage video camera. Holy crap it's big. It's the first all in one VHS camcorder made. $15 for it. Goes for quite a bit on eBay.

C9CMGtE.jpg

Also It was the camera used in Back to the Future lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-77xulkB_U

[attachment=8524:2014-09-27_10-54-58.jpg]

I paid $35 for everything except Endless Ocean. The DS's hinge is broken but it was free since i bought all the other stuff. I got Endless Ocean at a different sale for $13. I wanted to bargain on Endless Ocean but it was for charity.

I was happy to finally find Metroid Prime Trilogy and get everything else for practically free.

Very weak day.

1st sale:

Last year from them I bought a sealed Care Bears car, bunch of care bears, sealed virtual pet, sealed toy from the 80's etc for like 5 bucks.

This year all they had good was Sonic 1, Streets of Rage, and Madden for the Genesis. 5 bucks each but I could have two for 6. Passed.

2nd sale:

NES with no games and maybe a controller - $85 (yes eighty five).

After the little spiel about how everything is negotiable and they just don't want to put it back in the basement they come out with that number.

They then tried to get me interested in a sealed car model. They went on about how it was from the 70's and they don't make them like this anymore, etc. The box says 1999 right on it. Freaking people.

$14

Dementium 2 for DS

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for Wii

Resident Evil Outbreak 1

Outbreak 2

Walking Dead Mini-mates sealed (Michonne and Gabe)

Box of sealed golf balls

This sale advertised lots of video games and there were some around, but not really much good. Just what I grabbed. Sadly the Resident Evil Outbreak 2 artwork is kind of messed up. They must've been putting stuff out before dawn and the condensation killed it :/

$12

Sega Nomad - works but cracked screen. I'm hoping it is just the protector and I can get a replacement.

Mario 64

3rd Party controller

Bully for Wii

$2

Lilo & Stitch 2 DVD

Rescue 3D bluray

$8

The Stand mini-series on DVD - use to be worth alot, will have to check now

Alice in Wonderland

Jungle Book

West Side Story Collector's Edition

Gone with the Wind Collector's Edition

Some random B-horror movie

Back to the Future Trilogy

and something else I can't remember

Free

Remote controlled Jaguar (bit beat up)

Logitech webcam

Laptop lock

A couple decent finds...

All $1 each from a seller that took care of his CDs as well as I do.

Colin McRae Rally (PS1)

2 Megadeth CDs - "Rust in Peace" & "So Far, So Good, So what?" (Remixed & Re-mastered Editions)

Also picked up a few books at a church sale for 25 cents each.

"Al Capone Does My Shirts" - Gennifer Choldenko

"Treasure Island" - Robert Louis Stevenson (Barnes & Noble Classics 2005 Edition)

"Pure Drivel" - Steve Martin

There seem to be more sales the last couple weeks than there were the rest of the summer. Here's what I got.

[attachment=8530:1.jpg]
Paid $10 for the :gba: Blue GBA SP (AGS 001) + 3 :360: guitars.
Got home aaaand...none of the guitars work, nor does the GBA. :bomb: Unbelievable. I might at least be able to salvage the GBA with a new battery or something, but right now it doesn't work at all. When I plug in a charger, the led flashes orange for the briefest of moments and then, nothing.

[attachment=8529:2.jpg]

Moving on. Got the :ps3: Guitar Hero controller (one of the first I've ever seen that included the USB dongle) for $5.

Paid $1 each for the action figures which are Necro (Street Fighter 3) and Jon Talbain (DarkStalkers series.)

And finally, $4 each for the City-State of the Invincible Overlord D&D set and Dragon Strike board game - missing the VHS, of course. I thought Invincible Overlord would be pretty valuable, but it looks like since it was ported to D&D 3.5E in 2004 and Pathfinder just this year via Kickstarter it isn't worth as much as I'd hoped. Still really cool though, the contents are complete and very mint.

[attachment=8528:3.jpg]

And finally, paid $15 for this PS2 slim lot which was probably too much, but it was a church sale... Includes the system, cables, dualshock 2 (with broken R2), Gamestop third-party controller, a PS1 controller, and :ps2: The Sims, Simpsons Road Rage, and the last game is Spongebob something or other.

Moving on to this week's finds.

[attachment=8526:5.jpg]

Paid $15 for three wireless :360: controllers + unused :pc: Assassin's Creed IV download code from an Nvidia graphics card.

[attachment=8527:4.jpg]

At the same sale as the controllers, I picked up :xbox: Destroy All Humans and :gc: Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc for $1 each. I very nearly missed the bonus disc too - this is why I always double check DVD and game stacks!

Paid $.50 for the Master System Hang-On and Astro Warrior Combo Cartridge at another sale. Keep finding MS games but never a system.

Picked up :xbox: Metal Gear Solid 2 Subsistence, :xbox: Star Wars Starfighter, and :wii: Wii Sports Resort (disc only) for $5 total from a reseller who has regular sales. Last time they had mostly the same games but wanted $5 each so I decided to get MGS and a couple others this time.

And finally I got the PS1 Square Soft Collector's CD for $1. Would have rather paid like 50 cents but I didn't have change so whatever. It's neat.

[attachment=8525:6.jpg]

And finally a big purchase that I'm still not really sure about. I paid $100 for this unlocked iPhone 4S 8GB. Wasn't really sure what it was worth so I called my sister who I thought was the family iPhone expert, and she said it should be worth about $300 - clearly that's not the case but at least I didn't get ripped off. I might keep it as an upgrade to my aging android phone instead of flipping it like I originally planned to. At least it has the box & charger and is in damn near mint condition.

iPhones are down in value since the iPhone 6 is out (and everyone is selling their old one) , not sure if $100 for an 8gb is worth it but the fact that it's unlocked should help. The problem with 8gb apple devices is that most of the storage gets eaten up by the software, so you are only getting 2-3 GB for personal use like for apps, games, videos and pics.

Yup, that all sounds about right to me. The sold ebay listings are really inconsistent but I don't think I'd have much trouble getting like $180 or so for it.

And anyway like I said, I might just keep it since I'm really getting fed up with my sluggish old Android phone since I can probably sell that off for like 45 bucks. The storage space isn't much of an issue for me, I really only use my phone for calls, texting, web browsing, and maybe an occasional game when I'm stuck in a waiting room or something.

bread's done
Back