2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Thank you for the excellent information tomorrow I will buy a purple shell kit for my graphite sp and a pearl blue shell kit for my pearl blue sp. I will attempt to use the ags-101 stickers and original buttons with the replacement shells. Good luck to you.

I have seen youtubes videos where they get the original sticker off with a hairdryer and able to use the official one. Most of the shell kits will come with a replacement stickers as I assume its high risk of being able to fully salvage the original.

bundles that are closer to about $8-$12 have everything included triwing, gba shell, sticks, buttons every screw.

I messaged about five sellers who have them at about $5 shipped and just waiting to confirm they each have the sticker. One for the back near the battery and the one of the very front that is the Nintendo logo.

I need both stickers.

For instance this one. Its the full kit for $4.30 shipped with tri-wing. Choice of colors. Just waiting for multiple sellers to tell me if these cheaper kits have both the stickers. I need the front one as much as the back one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Housing-Shell-Case-For-Nintendo-Game-Boy-GBA-SP-with-Butt-ons-Screws/151666232469?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D80d928150e124ce4bae12d9fada9f68d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D111670479263&rt=nc

I'm assuming they will include the stickers but you never know. Soon as a seller confirms with me I'm placing a order for a orange color shell and a new battery.

In my case my ags 101 graphite is better condition cosmetically then yours but the cost to buy a battery cover whether original OEM or third party would cost more buying itself then buying a whole shell kit that comes with a battery cover.

So If i just went and bought a new battery it would work but wouldn't stay in place without taping it or something. So between the missing battery cover and light cosmetic damage I see the most practical way is to replace the whole shell.

Yours looks like a dog chewed it so if you are able to do the project i would when its $5 bucks in parts and about 2 hours easy labor.

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=14776:IMG_4454.JPG]

GTA V was $10 and is complete but extremely beat up, the second disc is definitely going to need resurfacing. The Just Dance game was $5 and is sealed.

Also passed on a brand new Project Spark for Xbone, $10.

Spent way too much on CD's at goodwill today, someone had dropped off an entire collection of good music, like 200 different 90's - 2000's metal and hard rock that you never see anywhere, made me wish they were cheaper, I would've bought the whole lot at .50 cents a piece.

I got 2 Soulfly albums, 2 HIM albums, 2 Taproot albums, In Flames, DMX, Atreyu, Opeth, Spineshank, Machine Head and Dream Theater.

Hzlryd1.jpg

Got all of the pictured games for $0.49 each. Nothing amazing but Scarface and Aliens are decent. I'll pretty much buy anything I find at $0.49. I love that my local Goodwill stores price these so low![attachment=14777:20150606_192149.png]

Picked up some ps1 games yesterday at my local goodwill. Got final fantasy 7 and 8, suikoden, and final fantasy chronicles with chronic trigger all for $1.99 each. All complete and black label, no greatest hits. Good deal or a waste of money? Sorry no pic, not sure how to. Also they had final fantasy tactics, no case so I left it.

MYST PC Sealed - $2.49

NEW Slimline VHS Rewinder - $3.99

20 something inch Widescreen ViewSonic monitor - $16

[quote name="appleseed127" post="12730101" timestamp="1433644563"]Picked up some ps1 games yesterday at my local goodwill. Got final fantasy 7 and 8, suikoden, and final fantasy chronicles with chronic trigger all for $1.99 each. All complete and black label, no greatest hits. Good deal or a waste of money? Sorry no pic, not sure how to. Also they had final fantasy tactics, no case so I left it.[/quote]

Sorry, but you totally got ripped off. I'll take them off your hands for $4 each plus shipping if you don't want to have to look at them, though.

;)

Picked up a SNES with a Super Gameboy and Kirby Super Star for $10.  The SNES has no yellowing.  First SNES I've seen at Goodwill before.

One GW had these controllers for $50 apiece, the next GW had them for $30 apiece. I went to a store where people have booths and cases, oddly theres a video game case despite the fact the store is a very 50+ womeny type place. Some good stuff in there but then I see nothing but Ebay prices........I ended up getting the pair of memory cards for $4.

Just to be clear, I was joking. That was a great find!
Thank you and i knew you were just joking. The real reason I picked these up is because I never got a chance to play these during the time they came out. I had an n64 and no ps1, so I'm really looking forward to playing these and see what I missed out on way back when I was kid.

Scored a couple games today at GW:

Star Wars Battlefront II $6

Donkey Kong 64 $6

Here is some games that I saw but did not buy:

kqddMSD.jpg
I'm pretty shocked you didn't pick up Goldeneye and/or Bust a Move 99. Those games usually go for $15 a piece minimum at retro game stores/ebay.

I'm pretty shocked you didn't pick up Goldeneye and/or Bust a Move 99. Those games usually go for $15 a piece minimum at retro game stores/ebay.
The thing is I don't like to buy stuffs that I already have, are not in great shape or don't resell for 3x times the amount.

I always leave stuffs for the next thrift shopper or sometimes I buy and sell them to a CAG member.

Scored:

Iron Man 2 Steelbook Bluray $10 - Note: Pretty surprised this is worth at least $50 on eBay.

Kingdom Hearts $6

FF XII CE $6

Saw:

NES and SNES system (no controllers or cables) for $5 each

oWMQKTP.jpg

g5ORltq.jpg

I was looking at my phone in a thrift today and some crazy lady asked me to put it down because she didn't want to be on my cell video. Ugh. If I were to take video in a thrift shop it wouldn't be of her.

Soooo I found a SNES MegaMan 7 for $4 today at goodwill. Working on cleaning off all the old video rental place stickers my god those things are horrid.

Saw a PS3 250GB slim with accessories and controller for $49.99 at GW. I would have bought it if i didn't own one.

pZDF5CB.jpg

Jealous of that PS3, I would have picked it up. It had some good exclusives.

My local GW had a fair amount of gaming stuff today, but mainly sports games. Passed on a fat PS2 with no cords or controller for $30 and a N64 with no controller for $20. Ended up grabbing these two:

[attachment=15127:IMG_4501.JPG]

Lego Jurassic World was marked $7.99, cashier gave it to me for $5.99 (it pays to be a friendly regular). Looks like it has a partial "circle scratch" from moving the console, but I'm sure it can be repaired. Endless Ocean was $2.99. Both games are complete.

Saw a PS3 250GB slim with accessories and controller for $49.99 at GW. I would have bought it if i didn't own one.

pZDF5CB.jpg
Downey. I was there for a contract work @ Kaiser Hospital.

There is actually 4 PS3s (1 slim, 1 40gb, 2x 60gb) for $50 each.

The employee that I asked said it's 7 days return policy (no cash refund, store credit only) if it doesn't work.

Looked like someone dropped off most of their gaming collection at the local goodwill - no games, just a bunch of GBA/GBC carrying cases, a few 99c DualShock 2s, and half a PS3 Rock Band set. Also some new knockoff PS3 controllers for $8 but I've got too many wired controllers already.

Went in looking for a cheap snap on case for my 'new' iPhone 5, but of course they had boxes full of cheap ones months ago and none now. Ended up paying $9 for a Speck Candyshell Card, about 40% of the Amazon price at least.

Lastly I found what appears to be a like-new pair of studio headphones of some sort for 59c, minus any sort of cable (generic 3.5mm seems to fit). Couldn't find anything on the model or brand so I'm guessing they're probably cheap junk, but there was a pair of rechargeable AA Rayovacs in the battery compartment, so either way I got my money's worth. If anyone can find anything related (the model seems to be Alea IR-99, but the logo is stylized and they're certainly not IR headphones) I'd be interested to know.

Downey. I was there for a contract work @ Kaiser Hospital.

There is actually 4 PS3s (1 slim, 1 40gb, 2x 60gb) for $50 each.

The employee that I asked said it's 7 days return policy (no cash refund, store credit only) if it doesn't work.
Damn dude you should totally pick me up a 60Gb PS3 :) I'll pay for shipping. lol my Original Launch Day PS3 took a s**t on me (YLOD). So If I can get one for $50, I would totally be in!

Got a GBA SP with charger, Minish Cap, and A Link to the Past for $25 at GW.  

They also had a white DS Lite w/ no charger for $25.  Not really worth it IMHO,

Too lazy to post a picture (which I haven't been doing much in my recent finds), but I picked up a complete N64 system set with two official controllers, both with good sticks for $20, and a complete Wii set up with two remotes + nunchucks for $24.  Not bargain steals but all in great condition so I was happy with them.

Picked up a PS2 SCPH-50001 model (I've been looking for this particular one) with power cord only in very good shape with warranty seal 100% intact at my local Salvation Army. Only needed a cleaning and a replacement rubber foot, works great. I paid $9.99. Beats TENTstop any day of the week......

Not sure if it's considered a thrift store so much but a game exchange opened locally here a month or so ago. So far I've gotten:

Red Dead Redemption goty guide $4
Zeta gundam complete series $15

Not sure if it's considered a thrift store so much but a game exchange opened locally here a month or so ago. So far I've gotten:

Red Dead Redemption goty guide $4
Zeta gundam complete series $15
Nice! RDR GOTY guide used to fetch a lot of $$$ back in the days. Not sure if its still does.

Too lazy to post a picture (which I haven't been doing much in my recent finds), but I picked up a complete N64 system set with two official controllers, both with good sticks for $20, and a complete Wii set up with two remotes + nunchucks for $24. Not bargain steals but all in great condition so I was happy with them.
Are you talking about this Wii system? Saw it last week, but I passed on it.

60wVZ9m.jpg

Are you talking about this Wii system? Saw it last week, but I passed on it.
Heh, I could hardly even see the Wii in that picture, and why is that power supply so discolored? Maybe thats just the lighting though.

Anyways, no the one I picked up was just placed out from the cart, and it had an official pink Wii remote which is now my wife's default choice anytime we go for Wii / Wii U. Had only the boring white / black ones from bundles before that.

I found a wii white classic remote. I needed one for my boyfriend. I also found a spare snes super scope reciever for my gun. Then I found a purple game boy advance connector to gamecube. The wii remote was 5 the rest were 3. I passed on a original xbox controller and sega game gear for 15 for both. I don't have the 1st xbox at all yet And I'd rather wait on a bundle deal for game gear. I have about 2 to 3 games and the screen was strached. I'm more of a nes girl. I also got the special editon for Nightmare before xmas for 8. I collect disney dvds.

Found some stuff at a thrift store (rarely go to this place). The Genesis and N64 games were bundled together with a N64 and Genesis system (with their wires, controllers and a random GCN controller, lol) for $35. I paid $18 for the GBA games, I haggled them down from their original $20 price. I paid $1 for each disc game (sadly they don't seem to work) they have some weird scratches on them, I really wanted to play Jojo :( . I already tried alcohol + a soft rag but, to no avail. I remember hearing of someone on here, that knows how to fix messed up discs. I think it's Spooge (would you be willing to help me out with these discs, thank you)?

[attachment=15271:Thrift finds.JPG]

[attachment=15272:Thrift systems.JPG]

Found some stuff at a thrift store (rarely go to this place). The Genesis and N64 games were bundled together with a N64 and Genesis system (with their wires, controllers and a random GCN controller, lol) for $35. I paid $18 for the GBA games, I haggled them down from their original $20 price. I paid $1 for each disc game (sadly they don't seem to work) they have some weird scratches on them, I really wanted to play Jojo :( . I already tried alcohol + a soft rag but, to no avail. I remember hearing of someone on here, that knows how to fix messed up discs. I think it's Spooge (would you be willing to help me out with these discs, thank you)?
I could try fixing the discs for you, as long as they aren't cracked through the data ring or dented. I use a rti Eco pro and a JFJ easy pro.

I could try fixing the discs for you, as long as they aren't cracked through the data ring or dented. I use a rti Eco pro and a JFJ easy pro.
Yeah, that sounds good, if you think you can fix them. They don't have cracks but, they do have some weird scratches on them. I can post some pics in a bit. Thank you, I really do appreciate the help!

Lame. I really wanted Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 DS but the cartridge was missing/stolen.

Socal folks near carson city. Here are some games that I saw:

C4Z3e3e.jpg

9INT6fW.jpg

Yo Spooge, I got more games for you fix if you're down. Stopped by GS on the way home and got them for free like always.

Mine:
Monster Rancher 3
Disney Sing it Family Hits (for my neice btw)
Shadow Hearts

Yours:
Star Wars Battlefront Xbox
Dark Cloud PS2
Dirge of Cerberus FFVII
Morrowind Xbox
Man vs Wild Xbox 360
IdR4MNW.jpg

Here are the pics of the messed up games. Do you guys think these game are salvageable?

Here's the 3 mess ups:[attachment=15302:zilla.PNG]

Jojo:[attachment=15303:jojo.PNG] scratched up (black marks are inside the disc,weird)

Godzilla:[attachment=15304:zillaU.PNG] Weird smudge-like scratches

Conker:[attachment=15305:Conker.JPG] Weird smudge-like scratches

Sorry for not posting when my name was mentioned. I'm on vacation until the end of the week.

As long as they aren't super deep and the top of the disc isn't scratch through, they are usually fixable.

If you want me to take a crack at them, let me know.

I hit a bunch of Springfield, MO thrift stores while I was on vacation there. Came home with a lot of good CD's including a bunch of soundtracks. Most were $1-$2.

bread's done
Back