2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Holy snap. I decided to do a last minute xmas shopping at the mall and there was a GW a few blocks away from it. As soon as I walked into the GW store, a worker rolled out a cart of games. I only bought the games that were in decent condition.

Score (all $6 each): 

Dark Cloud 2
Elder Scrolls III GOTY
Odin Sphere
Okami
Mega Man X8
Suikoden 3
Dark Cloud
Super Smash Bros Melee
Star Wars Old Republic
Star Wars Old Republic II
Conker Relive and Reloaded
Psychonauts

Did not buy:

I saw FFX, X-2, FFXII CE, Resident Evil Outbreak, Gladius, Front Mission 4, ICO, MGS Subsistence 3, but discs were in horrible condition.
I also saw a sealed copy (y-fold on top and bottom) of Rise of the Tomb Raider, but it appears someone swiped the disc by cutting the side. I don't understand though why would would you do it because it had a price sticker for $6.

4VfdHaD.jpg

ob4IGtN.jpg

8tI1zBT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could find punch out for 8. I would have got that sonic adventure.
Not sure if you were posting in the thrift thread about five years ago, but I found like 30+ copies of Sonic Adventure (all/sealed) at GW. I bought like 4. I sold one on Amazon and a buyer said it was defective. I got it back, tested it and it did not read. I then opened one of my sealed copies, tested it on my dreamcast, and it did not read it all. I couldn't return the other two since it past the return date so I sold both of them to a CAGer for $15 shipped.

If you were going to sell the BF2 game, the prices are up right now and it can be sold for $60+ on eBay (buy-it-now).
Yeah I have it listed on Amazon right now. This game will make the games that I purchased today for half the cost. Thanks.

At my GW and asked an employee to open the case for me so I could pick up a Gameboy advance SP with a few games. Got to talking and he asked if I liked games bc someone just dropped off 8 systems  :shock:  Play it cool, play it cool. Yea I'd love to check them out. So he brought this lot out and said how bout $19.99? SOLD! Apparently the other systems had already been "shipped out" but I'm not complaining! Super clean and all carts are minty.

[attachment=19081:image.jpeg][attachment=19082:image.jpeg]

Picked up Twisted Metal 4 for $1 and Spiderman Web of Shadows for $6 at a local Thrift Store. My bro picked up a really nice Office Chair for $5.

At my GW and asked an employee to open the case for me so I could pick up a Gameboy advance SP with a few games. Got to talking and he asked if I liked games bc someone just dropped off 8 systems :shock: Play it cool, play it cool. Yea I'd love to check them out. So he brought this lot out and said how bout $19.99? SOLD! Apparently the other systems had already been "shipped out" but I'm not complaining! Super clean and all carts are minty.

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
OOOOO Excitebike.. that is a fun game. love making the courses

Oh! Wait. I got a better one. Several years ago, I went to a pawn shop I normally went to. It was right before Christmas and I was burning time. In the case, I first noticed some Japanese Genesis shmups, which were very much of interest to me. I looked to the right, and there's a Laseractive, with controller, remote, manual and Genesis pac. I'd never even seen one and I expected the price to be astronomical. Well, they wanted $35 for everything. Needless to say, I scooped that up so fast I left a vapor trail.

(Another pawn shop story I passed on, within the last year, I saw one of those Sharp tv/NES combos at a pawn by my girlfriend's house. Unfortunately, it was a little roughed up and this is one of those pawns that thinks they are a high end retailer so they wanted $350. No thanks.)

thrift%20pickup%2012-28-15.jpg

Finally got out of work at a reasonable hour, so did alittle thrifting, and this is what I got. Goof Troop was half off because of

the green sticker 

You got a LaserActive for $35!? Those things made the Neo-Geo look cheap!
I found one at a pawn shop for $50 back in 2012, I think, and they were only worth ~$175 at the time. I didn't bother buying it and actually told a friend about it (who wanted a Laserdisc player for his anime laserdiscs for some reason). He ended up buying it and looking at how much it is worth now I really regret not picking it up for myself. It had the Genesis pac.

You got a LaserActive for $35!? Those things made the Neo-Geo look cheap!
The bitch of it was, I had to do not one, not two, but three different Christmases so it was about four days before I even had a chance to hook it up. Luckily it worked, though it's pretty easy to understand why it didn't take off. It's huge, was really expensive, was a mediocre at best laserdisc player and the exclusive games sucked. Still, it's a hell of a conversation piece. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vra-qrs3yrs

Hope everyone had a great new years eve and new years day so far. Latest and last pickups video of 2015. Some cool stuff

including a nice genesis lot, hope you guys enjoy it if you have the time.

Found these at a church thrift store on Christmas Eve for $2.50 each. The games were in like new condition.

Then found these at another church thrift store for $6.00 each.

The bitch of it was, I had to do not one, not two, but three different Christmases so it was about four days before I even had a chance to hook it up. Luckily it worked, though it's pretty easy to understand why it didn't take off. It's huge, was really expensive, was a mediocre at best laserdisc player and the exclusive games sucked. Still, it's a hell of a conversation piece. :)
Why would you want to spend $175 just to have a conversation about a electronic that was a commercial failure. I'm having the conversation with you now for free.
Think of it like a boat. What's better owning a boat and paying for maintenance, dock fees, gas. Or just be a boat owners friend who has to buy a 6 pack to ride.

Why would you want to spend $175 just to have a conversation about a electronic that was a commercial failure. I'm having the conversation with you now for free.
Think of it like a boat. What's better owning a boat and paying for maintenance, dock fees, gas. Or just be a boat owners friend who has to buy a 6 pack to ride.
Captain Wrong paid $35 for the laseractive.

Someone posted that price which I'm assuming is more the general market price. $35 is a random pick up price.
I
I would buy it for $35 as well but my intention is not having conversations about it lol.

Found these at a church thrift store on Christmas Eve for $2.50 each. The games were in like new condition.

Then found these at another church thrift store for $6.00 each.

You lucky son of a gun! Dark Alliance II still brings around $40 used. Good score. :D Very nice haul!

You lucky son of a gun! Dark Alliance II still brings around $40 used. Good score. :D Very nice haul!
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis is there too and that's worth a lot right now. I'm pretty jealous! It's been a long time since I've found anything decent at a thrift.

i pick this super famicom up today for $60. i don't know much about imports i got it because i though it was a good price and looks brand new still. Is the case it came with a rental case because i could only find a white one that looked similar to it? also can i use just the power supply with the wire by itself or do i need both or can i use a super Nintendo power supply instead?

Went out to Goodwill last week looking for a computer desk, didn't find pretty much anything valuable (although my brother's girlfriend found some first-edition hardcovers of the later Harry Potter books in great condition for a few bucks each). Went today and found a few items of interest:

-A couple NES controllers for $2 each, in pretty good overall condition. Took one as it was all I really needed.

-A like-new Wii Nunchuk, black, $3. Grabbed it to replace the year-old one that my rommate's dog has already turned into a chew toy.

-A small stack of Wii games, all at $4, although the closest to worthwhile was Animal Crossing: City Folk. Grabbed AC, almost grabbed Trauma Center: Second Opinion but ended up leaving it.

-Stacks of complete $4 Xbox Original games, probably 30-40 total, but I didn't end up finding anything I really wanted or needed. A bunch weren't even worth $4 by themselves, although a few gems like Halo: Game of the Year and a mostly-complete Doom 3 CE were in there.

-Pokemon Ruby, cart only, also set me back $4, but there's no label and I don't have a GBA around at the moment to test if the RTC battery even works.

Overall not my best haul, but I can recoup most of the cost just by flipping Animal Crossing, I'd think.

bread's done
Back