2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

If it doesn't respond, I will let you know. I will need to look for the disc because I just recently move to a new place and I don't know where I placed it at. I also have a gamecube controller (wavebird) with no battery cover and sensor somewhere in the house. Not sure if it works. I got it for free from Gamestop a year ago too. Just have to pay shipping on that too.
Cool, keep me in the loop and let me know!

I got a cheap original xbox wireless adaptor and kinnect sports season 2 for xbox 360. I felt 5 dollars was better then forty for a Internet adaptor. I hope it works. The game was 7 dollars.

No games at my favorite thrift today, picked up three books. The only gaming related item of interest was Guitar Hero/Rock Band wired drums for $15. Looked like it's for the Wii.

Picked up Ai Yori Aoshi for PC for 4.50 (was 8.50) at Salvation Army.

My Salvation Army raised the prices of all media to 8.99. >.> used to cost 3-5 dollars. :/

Got an in box RF adapter for PS1 at goodwill for 1.99, also got Spyro, Crash 2 and Wipeout 3 for 1.99 a piece, a good day for PS1 stuff for sure.

Had a decent haul today.

Final Fantasy 7 (PC) - $1

Pandemonium (PS1) - $3

Digimon World 4 (PS2) - $3

Parappa the Rapper 2 (PS2) - $1

Good thing I picked up those RockBand guitars last week. I usually play with Guitar Hero World Tour guitars and I just could not get the new game to calibrate right. Synced the RB guitar with the built in calibration sensor to my Xbox One and followed the steps, no video/audio lag anymore. 

Not gaming related, but I picked up a Palm TX today for $5.  Unfortunately, the battery is shot and only works when it's plugged in, so it's going back.  On the plus side, the case it came with had $17 in one of its pockets.

After a heartbreaking loss against the Mets, I thought I get a baseball game to cheer me up.

Picked up:

MLB The Show 14 (sealed) for $3. The disc was loose inside so the cashier hooked me with a 50% discount.

Some stuffs I saw yesterday and today:

wPaQweo.jpg

au62M87.jpg

Lbv7x4P.jpg

7c1r5I1.jpg

Yci78un.jpg

s8huswQ.jpg

P1CRVCP.jpg

Y4HQvEU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went quick thrifting today. I saw a black n64 with 3 controllers...a gray black and atomic purple controller. I thought it was 35 so I nearly got it. It was 55. I already have 3 n64 and enough controllers. They all had good sticks though. They don't test items there so I decided to not chance it. If they were orange or jungle green controllers yes. I also saw a ds red and black lite for 25 with a charger. I already got ripped off with a xbox 360. I like savers better. I think of the games I missed. They also had a gamecube with two memory sticks for 35 no controllers. I'm hoping the n64 controllers get priced seperately. I'm going back Thursday.

Thanks and yeah, I was surprised to find some Nintendo first party stuff. Usually it's just your typical movie licensed games. The price was great too since any of those (except Tetris Worlds) would cost me as much as all 9 if I ordered them online.
Yeah, I had just bought a copy of Metroid Fusion off of the amazon warehouse for $11 the other day. So just that alone makes the haul!

Thanks for posting a photo of your find Morilak. Looks like my Metroid Fusion is the bootleg version lol.

I found me a PS3 dualshock controller for $4. Just tested it and the buttons are messed up. For example, when I press the dialog stick down, it goes up or exit the game lol. I don't feel like driving 20 miles to return it for $4 credit so let me know if you guys are interested. $6 paypal shipped or trade for steam games.

uWV5pen.jpg

[attachment=18023:IMG_5267.JPG]

Having good luck with the new thrift near me. The Wii games were $3, a bit scratched up but they still play fine. Vtech game was $1.

Not shown: broken Okage Shadow King for PS2. I only glanced at the disc quickly to make sure it was inside before I paid the $2...didn't realize until I got home it had a HUGE crack in it and was thus unplayable. Lesson learned with that one.

Went around to a few stores yesterday while looking for the last bits of my Halloween costume.  Found a few goodies:

Sonic 2 and 3 complete, FFVII for PC, Onimusha 2 and Roadsters for the N64

IMG_1447_zpshwcet5sq.jpg

Salt in basically new shape on BluRay

IMG_1448_zpsqmpw54ht.jpg

Platinum slim PS2 complete with controller

IMG_1449_zps5utzekxe.jpg

I also found a handful of CDs and an old box set of the Chronicles of Narnia paperbacks.

I probably have the same books box set. They are form the 70s in a white slipcover, right? You would think they would be worth more, but they are still cool.

Went around to a few stores yesterday while looking for the last bits of my Halloween costume. Found a few goodies:

Sonic 2 and 3 complete, FFVII for PC, Onimusha 2 and Roadsters for the N64

Salt in basically new shape on BluRay

Platinum slim PS2 complete with controller

I also found a handful of CDs and an old box set of the Chronicles of Narnia paperbacks.
That's great. For how much?

I probably have the same books box set. They are form the 70s in a white slipcover, right? You would think they would be worth more, but they are still cool.
Yep that's the one, haha. I just thought they were cool, didn't figure they'd be worth a whole lot.

Went to the big ass thrift store here today, saw nothing of interest for me personally but my sister found Sims 2 Seasons as she never got the digital deal through EA when it was free. Now I can unload the rest of my Sims 2 discs to her as they take up a lot of shelf room.

Then I went to the local second hand store that opened up last year. Found my nephew a Minecraft action figure set (Series 1 Overworld Survival Pack). Digging through a box of CDs, I found a sealed Japanese released one called "music from videogames BOoOM" that was $2 with some Pokemon, Mario, Zelda and other songs on it. Looks like it was recorded by some Germans and the cheapest amazon has it is $10+ shipped so hopefully it's good.

My goodwill shopping this past weekend was equal parts awesome and frustrating, first off the frustrating...

First stop I noticed a few Wii games, most glaringly a copy of SSBB for $3 (which I have yet to own), but unfortunately the disc was swiped.  The clerk said they just put out those games a couple of hours ago, so I know approximately what time the jerk (or alternatively the kid who just hasn't learned yet) was in the store.  If it was SSBM it would of been worth it for the case and manual, but not really interested otherwise.

Second GW I saw the usual mess of sports / Guitar Hero titles, but I noticed a familiar blue case at the bottom stack, which ended up being Lego City Undercover for $3 (never thought I would see that so soon at a GW), but of course the disc was also stolen.  The tag noted the game was out there for a few days, so I can't be as mad on this one, since I'm sure someone else would of bought it if it was complete.

Now onto the awesome, I did pick up the following: Arcus Odyssey (complete and in good shape) for $3.50 (got this one as the cart was coming out from the back), Dark Cloud for $3 (kinda meh, but good condition), and the DS metallic silver for $8 after the coupon.  This one was in excellent adult owned shape, with the stylus and GBA cover.

med_gallery_350075_7875_255488.jpg

Sometimes the disc may have been swiped but keep in mind that in a lot of cases that disc may have never been there to start. I've pulled cases right off the cart that are empty. Goodwills often don't even bother to check if it's in there before putting these out.

Sweet score on Arcus Odyssey though. I've been looking for a solid price on that for a LONG time.

+1 on that Arcus Odyssey. I settled for a loose copy 10 years ago because I couldn't find a complete copy at a price I felt OK with. Shit, it seems like everything other than sports games have dried up for Genesis out here.

My goodwill shopping this past weekend was equal parts awesome and frustrating, first off the frustrating...

First stop I noticed a few Wii games, most glaringly a copy of SSBB for $3 (which I have yet to own), but unfortunately the disc was swiped. The clerk said they just put out those games a couple of hours ago, so I know approximately what time the jerk (or alternatively the kid who just hasn't learned yet) was in the store. If it was SSBM it would of been worth it for the case and manual, but not really interested otherwise.

Second GW I saw the usual mess of sports / Guitar Hero titles, but I noticed a familiar blue case at the bottom stack, which ended up being Lego City Undercover for $3 (never thought I would see that so soon at a GW), but of course the disc was also stolen. The tag noted the game was out there for a few days, so I can't be as mad on this one, since I'm sure someone else would of bought it if it was complete.

Now onto the awesome, I did pick up the following: Arcus Odyssey (complete and in good shape) for $3.50 (got this one as the cart was coming out from the back), Dark Cloud for $3 (kinda meh, but good condition), and the DS metallic silver for $8 after the coupon. This one was in excellent adult owned shape, with the stylus and GBA cover.

med_gallery_350075_7875_255488.jpg
Nice finds! :)

Went shopping at the local Goodwill yesterday and found some nice stuff.

A copy of The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart (the album is in pretty good shape)
Some books
World War Z
Paul (unrated edition)

Some cds

Ac/Dc Ballbuster
Blessid Union of Souls Home
Some Harry Connick Jr. cds
ZZ Top Rhythmeen
Alice in Chains Greatest Hits (not in the original case, but it's in ok enough condition to try to salvage)
Van Halen Best of Volume 1
Selena Dreaming of you
Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band It's a Mystery
Eagles Greatest Hits Volume 2
Garth Brooks No Fences
Peter Cetera Solitude/Solitaire
Black Crowes Shake your Moneymaker

Sometimes the disc may have been swiped but keep in mind that in a lot of cases that disc may have never been there to start. I've pulled cases right off the cart that are empty. Goodwills often don't even bother to check if it's in there before putting these out.

Sweet score on Arcus Odyssey though. I've been looking for a solid price on that for a LONG time.
Yea that sucks. I've seen it with cd's sometimes.

They do the same with books and it's gross. Found some nice ones awhile back but unfortunately they reeked of cat pee. Had the same thing happen last night, some of the cd's reeked of it too.

Yeah I'm no stranger to missing discs, but usually its on games I don't care much about.  That weekend just hit hard because both of those have been on my list for some time, and the prices were excellent, but c'est la vie.

One GW that I frequent used to pull the DVD style discs in a binder under the jewelry counter and leave the empty cases on the rack, good at preventing theft, but there were times the clerk would use a sharpie on the disc and the inside of the case instead of a sticker.  In either case they didn't take long to abandon that practice, too much work I guess to keep it all matched up.

These are my finds today, finally found game related items.

CAM00821_zpsfgaz9v95.jpg

CAM00822_zpsi3mwfote.jpg

CAM00823_zpspejkodw1.jpg

CAM00824_zpsiwknaaz1.jpg

CAM00825_zpsj9q4fumq.jpg

Pokemon Monopoly : $2.99

All three SNES games were $0.99

Goldeneye 007 : $1.99

I remember borrowing that Street Fighter game from a friend once. good times.
The only game of the three I played when I was younger was Zelda. Had to fight with my bro sometimes to let me play it, he had the SNES :roll: .

Now I have my own copy. :D/

Edit : I forgot to add that these games were in the SNES system. They had it listed for $45 with the power brick and yellowed (no controller, no AV cables). Manager claimed it to work, but how could you possible know if it outputs anything? She didn't want to go lower than that, I asked one of my buddies that work there if I could just buy the games he said sure. He then took it back and she lowered it to $25 + her attitude, still I just wasn't into it.

She got banished to the backroom for causing trouble with employees and customers with assuming everyone was stealing and overpricing the items months ago lol.

Found a Nintendo 64 console bundled with 1 controller, WWF No Mercy, and Goldeneye for 49.99 at Goodwill today. Went to a second Goodwill and found a second controller for 3.99. I'm pretty stoked. No Mercy is one of my all time favorite games, and Goldeneye is pretty fun too.

Got PS2 Getaway, Sonic Mega Collection Plus @$4 each and Tony Hawk 3 for $2. Aside from THPS 3 missing the manual, they all were in great shape. Unexpected find anymore.

Yesterday morning I walked into Goodwill right after they opened, steps behind one of my competitors.  He made a beeline for the DVD shelf, so I decided to hit the electronics aisle.  Too bad for him.  Sitting on the shelf was a baggie with a red GBA SP (AGS-001, and no charger sadly) and a bunch of games all for 4.99.  Games were Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Bookworm.  The other guy left the DVD section and walked by me, empty-handed.

Then this morning I stopped at a little christian thrift store I go to every few months.  They only take cash and I rarely have any on me when I'm over that way, but today I just happened to have some money on hand.  I walked out a a grape Game Boy color, in amazing condition with battery cover, a bunch of Pelican accessories and Pac-Man color edition for $5.

Other than that, thrifting has been dead gaming-wise.

I went to my favorite thrift store last week or earlier this week and nabbed Medal of Honor: Frontline, Pac-Man Worlds 2, and Tetris World all for PS2. Games are normally $1 each but they had media items 50% off so it was $1.50 for all three games. Two of the games look pretty bad, for $.50 each I'm not complaining. There's a local game store that repairs discs for $2 a pop.

Yesterday morning I walked into Goodwill right after they opened, steps behind one of my competitors.
At this point I assume everyone is a competitor.

A few weeks ago I saw a 60+ year old woman looking up games on her phone. With a $3 New Super Mario Bros Wii in her cart. :/

At this point I assume everyone is a competitor.

A few weeks ago I saw a 60+ year old woman looking up games on her phone. With a $3 New Super Mario Bros Wii in her cart. :/
Luckily that's not the case here... yet. One of the main guys runs a game shop in the area, and it's usually him, his wife or one of the guys that works for him.

Fortunately, I don't go just for games. Certain toys, plush, etc are my bread and butter.

bread's done
Back