2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

I hit a bunch of Springfield, MO thrift stores while I was on vacation there. Came home with a lot of good CD's including a bunch of soundtracks. Most were $1-$2.
Get out of my state!!! All kidding aside, there are some good ones. DAV and the Salvation Army side by side is convenient.

Snagged three GCN controllers today for $3.99 each. They're GS brand and pretty dirty, but look like they should function okay.

Got two mini Skylanders for $3.99 as well.

PS2 I first saw had the broken front of the disc drive I usually see when theres a phatty PS2 at GW, was $15 with cables, controller was $3. I then saw this one marked $12 system only.......much better condition. Took the cables from the one and saved me a whole $3 :p

PIcked this up for $35 taxes included. Don't usually buy computer stuff, but this looked like fun. Everything works, and the games are relatively playable, despite the crummy joysticks.

19168525731_04b580d190_z.jpg

PIcked this up for $35 taxes included. Don't usually buy computer stuff, but this looked like fun. Everything works, and the games are relatively playable, despite the crummy joysticks.

Get the hell out. I was just recently racking my brain trying to remember what the name of this silly typing game I used to play on the Tandy 1000 was, I eventually remembered it was Kids On Keys and I LOVED it back when. Nice find!

Lame. I really wanted Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 DS but the cartridge was missing/stolen.

Socal folks near carson city. Here are some games that I saw:

C4Z3e3e.jpg

9INT6fW.jpg

Yo Spooge, I got more games for you fix if you're down. Stopped by GS on the way home and got them for free like always.

Mine:
Monster Rancher 3
Disney Sing it Family Hits (for my neice btw)
Shadow Hearts

Yours:
Star Wars Battlefront Xbox
Dark Cloud PS2
Dirge of Cerberus FFVII
Morrowind Xbox
Man vs Wild Xbox 360
IdR4MNW.jpg
Send them my way, good sir! Sorry for the late reply, I just got home from vacation and my cag visits were at an all-time low the past week.

Thanks! I was a little surprised that everything worked as well as it did, and the games aren't terrible. Not a clue what to do with the actual computer, but it's not like I was going to hook it up to the internet anyway. :razz:

Got a free gamecube system with 2 official nintendo controllers, nintendo memory card, 1 game, and nintendo component cable from GameStop. The system has not been tested because it is missing the power cord. I don't need the gamecube system, The Incredibles game (disc only) and one of the controllers (black). If anybody is interested, let me know. I will ship it to you as long you have feedback here. Just got to pay shipping costs which is like $11 i think via USPS Priority Medium Flat Rate Box. If nobody's interested, I will donate it to my local GW.

CGgJSur.jpg

7vPrnMV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a free gamecube system with 2 official nintendo controllers, nintendo memory card, 1 game, and nintendo component cable from GameStop. The system has not been tested because it is missing the power cord. I don't need the gamecube system, The Incredibles game (disc only) and one of the controllers (black). If anybody is interested, let me know. I will ship it to you as long you have feedback here. Just got to pay shipping costs which is like $11 i think via USPS Priority Medium Flat Rate Box. If nobody's interested, I will donate it to my local GW.

CGgJSur.jpg

7vPrnMV.jpg
I'll take it off your hands for $15 shipped, since I don't want to see GW get it. Did you really get an official GC component cable from GameStop for free?

I'll take it off your hands for $15 shipped, since I don't want to see GW get it. Did you really get an official GC component cable from GameStop for free?
Needler420 got first dib on it since he messaged mins from posting about the gamecube but I will let you know if he doesn't want it. Yeah it's official GC component cable :) I'm still debating if I should keep it or sell it to a CAGer (a cager offered me $100 shipped + Batman Arkham Knight digital game for it).

Eww dont donate it to Goodwill! Greedy bastards. Take it to a real thrift store or give it to a kid or something!
I didn't want too at first since someone mentioned the CEO makes like 800K a year but Goodwill has been good to me (lots of great findings and deals) this past year. I'll look up for a thrift store near my area if nobody's interested.

GCN Component cable, like the one that uses the digital AV out port on the back of the console?  With the blue, red, and green leads?  If so, that is like the best deal of the year IMO, even moreso that you got it from Gamestop for free.

Composite cable = yellow, white & red

Component cable = Red, Green & blue

Maybe, he got them mixed up. The GameCube does have a Component cable plug-in, so that's a good sign ;)

I've been hunting for those component cables for years now. Never seen them in the wild. About the last thing I need to have a full/nice Gamecube.

Most of what I have been picking up at thrift stores lately is books. I nabbed quite a few PSP games from a GW for $4 each a couple months ago. Found Shadow of the Colossus, Jet Moto, NBA 2K1 (DC), NBA Live 07 (PS2), and Fight Night Round 2 (PS2) recently at a local thrift store. I'll take pictures of everything and post them later.

Alright, finally got around to uploading one of my pictures I took like a month ago, of stuff I found over the past couple of months prior (not that impressive when its all spread out over that time frame, but I miss posting pictures when I could actually go frequently enough to GW).

Spolier for all the prices and details of what I picked up:

Sega PICO for $3

Ugly SNES console only for $6 (picked up the official AC adapter elsewhere for a buck)

Nice complete Genesis Model 2 (RF cable, power supply and one 3 button controller) for $10

Extra 6-button Genesis controller for $2

Micro-cassette recorder for $2 (picked up a couple of these since then, thanks to sp00ge for pointing out their value)

Two official black Wii Nunchucks, $2 each

Wii Remote $3

Wii Sports Resort, Mario Kart Wii, Punch Out and NSMB Wii all $4 each

Resident Evil 4 GCN $2

DK Jamz (DK Freakin' Jamz people!) for $3, my favorite find of year for nostalgia alone (sold my last copy I had for some dumb reason)

Simon Swipe for $2 (pretty fun variant of Simon)

NERF DS Case with Monster High DS game (sold already to pay for the case ) $1

Travel Blokus $1

Wii Sports copies $1.50 each

med_gallery_350075_7875_780206.jpg

Got some really good stuff today on my thrift store journey. Hit up 5 thrift stores today and only bought things at 3. Spent a total of $25.47. Very excited. Unsure what I'm going to keep so far and what I'll end up selling/trading but either way I think I did pretty good. I really just wish the FFVII Ultimate Guide was in better condition and that Tobal No1 came with the demo disk/booklet. Everything else is like....really really good condition.

Image is at the link below. Not sure how to resize the image to fit the forums.

http://mikerosenberger.com/filedump/pix/070615thriftfindings.jpg

Had a decent day of thrifting today after taking a break for awhile.

SNES (Console only) - $4

Soul Calibur 3 (PS2) - $3

Evil Dead Regeneration (PS2) - $3

Batman Begins (Xbox) - $3

Battleship (Phillips CDI) - $3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0vRovUdWA

Pickups video is up!  Alot of Nintendo stuff this one, with some playstation stuff sprinkled in, check it out if you guys have a chance....

Had another decent day of finds at GW today.

Super Mario Sunshine (GC Complete) - $3

Wii Sports (Complete) - $3

Hot Wheels Turbo Racing (PS1 Complete) - $2

Goodwill Find, 50% off price sticker so snagged The (tested and works) PS2 with official av, power cable, Original controller and a ps1 controller. Also the added bonus of a RFU modulator all for $10

[attachment=15572:20150708_175000.jpg]

Nothing amazing. $16- Xbox composite cable, Playstation composite cable, Xbox 360 composite/component cable, Namco Museum 1, and Platinum Hits Wreckless The Yakuza Missions. Passed on a Controller S, a Wii Balance board, that PS2 I left last week, some 3rd party controllers, junk Gameboy games, and some Game Gear games. 

Nothing that I want to buy today but i saw some good ones. Just want to comment that this GW is stupid to put the games on open floor. This is the same GW that I found Super Smash Bros Melee, Resident Evil 4 GC, and Einhander but they were missing the game discs. The GW at this place was cool enough to let me have their boxes/manuals for $1 each so its all good.

X1 games (new/sealed) for $10 each 

PS3 games for $6 each

7vSDQHG.jpg

HO2BVqn.jpg

Looks like I got something today afterall and so freaking glad I dropped by two local GWs on the way home from Chronic Tacos :)

Score: 

Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 Plus (complete in mint condition) $5.99

Earthworm Jim 2 SNES $5.99

Other games that I saw but did not buy:

Castlevania Simon's Quest N ES $6

Double Dragon NES $6 each

Final Fantasy IX (complete) $6

A bunch of PS2 Games (Some PAL version) $6 each

- was going to pick up a half sealed copy of Spyro Eternal Night but I passed on it

iC3Y5xf.jpg

LZP1epE.jpg

0Zd1qYv.jpg

0dfoGXp.jpg

20150705_105433.jpg

From a few days back. Star Wars pc game and Rainbow Six are sealed. Funny how Paper Mario is 1.99, but crap like Madagascar

and others are 2.99 and up. Thrifts make no sense sometimes, but I'll take it today ;)

20150710_164958.jpg

Gamecube games are 2.99. Got to love finding Melee under the Eternal Darkness game, so basically gettting them both for 2.99.

Always seem to find Melee in strange spots, like other game cases and random gamecubes in thrifts and garage sales.

Speaking of Smash Bros...

cube%2Bsmash.jpg

Here's a copy I found at a Goodwill in Southern Arizona. Ten dollars! Not too shabby considering the condition. And before you ask...

inside%2Bcube%2Bsmash.jpg

It's got everything, including a disc in pretty good condition and an instruction manual in EXCELLENT condition. There was even an ad for Nintendo Power (not shown)! So I'm happy. I thought the first game I'd have to get for my silver GameCube was some natty licensed dreck just to test the machine out, but this is much, much better.

Maybe not as exciting as Melee, but I found a nice score today too.

[attachment=15637:IMG_4571.JPG]

Found the PS1 games in with the CDs, they were $1.99 each. Invizimals is sealed and was $5.99, and Sims 2 for Mac was $2.99.

Everything is complete. Can't figure out why Syphon Filter 3 is in a larger case when it's only one disc, but Google assures me that's how it's supposed to be. Strange packaging.

Speaking of Smash Bros...

cube%2Bsmash.jpg

Here's a copy I found at a Goodwill in Southern Arizona. Ten dollars! Not too shabby considering the condition. And before you ask...

inside%2Bcube%2Bsmash.jpg

It's got everything, including a disc in pretty good condition and an instruction manual in EXCELLENT condition. There was even an ad for Nintendo Power (not shown)! So I'm happy. I thought the first game I'd have to get for my silver GameCube was some natty licensed dreck just to test the machine out, but this is much, much better.
Wooah nice. Just got one for free at GS today but I don't want it since i have a couple in my collection.

Yo Spooge got more scratched games from GS today for free.

Yours:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

BAJA 1000

Mine:

Harry Potter

Madden 13

New Super Mario Bros

Let me know

ORVQ9AN.jpg

Wooah nice. Just got one for free at GS today but I don't want it since i have a couple in my collection.

Yo Spooge got more scratched games from GS today for free.

Yours:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

BAJA 1000

Mine:

Harry Potter

Madden 13

New Super Mario Bros

Let me know

ORVQ9AN.jpg
Send them my way! I have your last batch ready to go out in the mail tomorrow, unless you want me to wait and ship them all with this next batch.

Send them my way! I have your last batch ready to go out in the mail tomorrow, unless you want me to wait and ship them all with this next batch.
Can you ship them out tomorrow? I'm heading to vegas tonight for Lakers summer league basketball and won't be back till tuesday morning. I'll have these mail out on tuesday/wednesday.

At a local church (thrift)

I found PS2 games of

Suikoden III

Hack Infection

Gulity Gear X

Xenosaga

For $1.99 each, with all games being complete in box and in good to excellent condition

Also picked up an OVO collection of Irresponsible Captain Tylor?? for $1.99 as well complete.

Id kill to find more Nintendo stuff like some people here! That stuff goes right to the online store or sold for crazy prices around here! Im not disappointed in yesterdays finds though. Sony ILCE-3000k camera for $150 and Minecraft 360 for $2. It was half off media day and that was the only thing worth getting. The Gamegear games from the other day were obviously gone. The camera was a returned Target product with a $400 sticker crossed out. Ive found out that they clearanced this model at some stores for $270, so still a good deal.

Wonderful deals. I'm in AZ at the moment. I'd kill to find more nintendo too. We haven't crossed paths with a goodwill yet. We are busy with family. I was in roughly 5 cities too. I just saw a ghetto vaule village. In salt lake I found sonic tennis xbox 360 with arcade fairly new shape. I also got a minty snes game winter olympics.

Snagged this along with Pocketbike Racer, a Clutch album, and a paperback book for my fiance for $2 total at a local rummage sale going on.  Not exactly thrift but I was pretty stoked to find a complete SNES game in such great shape.  I also saw Chessmaster and Super Black Bass in the same box but I passed on them since they were marked at $8 and $12 and this one was marked $7, and I didn't have much cash on me since I wasn't sure what to expect when going to the sale.

IMG_1097_zpsjyxqyk9p.jpg

Snagged this along with Pocketbike Racer, a Clutch album, and a paperback book for my fiance for $2 total at a local rummage sale going on. Not exactly thrift but was pretty stoked to find a complete SNES game in such great shape. I also saw Chessmaster and Super Black Bass in the same box but I passed on them since they were marked at $8 and $12 and this one was marked $7, and I didn't have much cash on me since I wasn't sure what to expect when going to the sale.

IMG_1097_zpsjyxqyk9p.jpg
Great find and awesome game.

Local Goodwill has been pretty dry lately, so I bought these just to satisfy the bargain hunter in me. Not great, but not bad for me. Was hoping for a cheap Gamecube/controller when I spotted the AV cable, but couldn't find one. 

Crash Bandicoot (XBOX) $2.39

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly Directors Cut (XBOX) $2.39

Dead or Alive 3 (XBOX) $2.39

Madden NFL 07 (GCN) Bought because I never see Gamecube stuff out in the wild and I am obsessed with the 'Cube

Gamecube Composite Cable (GCN) $.99

e223c55f-2274-43ce-a85c-6e169060f20f_zpsalm3fmrb.jpg
[/URL]

Wow I actually came across a boat load of retro games today. A guy before me got Super Smash Bros N64 and Mario Kart 64 :( but it's all good. I ended up getting Super R-type and Hyper Zone SNES. Yeah I know overpaid for these but I'm a sucka for Shoot'Em Up games.

Scored:
Super R-type SNES $10
HyperZone SNES $10
Psychonauts PC (sealed/unopened but box is sort of beat up) $6
Perfect Dark Zero 360 (missing slip cover but discs/manual look mint) $3 - I'm assuming goodwill employees thought this was a dvd movie.

Saw but didn't buy:
Kingdom Hearts $6
Kingom Hearts case/coverartwork with Kingdom Hearts II&Re-chain of Memeories Discs $6
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly $6 - I'm looking for a GC version.
Super Mario 64 $10
Diddy Kong Racing $10
Sim Ant $10
Starfox $10
Super Mario World $10
Donkey Kong Country $10
NES & SNES system with cables and remote $30 each
Steve Urkel talking doll (childhood show BTW if you're wondering) $3 - I wanted to get it but after watching Annabelle last month I told myself "Hell No".

ZXgIjT2.jpg

lfO9Kus.jpg

5ClYCCd.jpg

Y2F14fK.jpg

CPaqGQM.jpg

So I did really good today, but one almost score really hurt.

My first score of the day was at Savers. They had nothing great until I got to the case where they had 4 bags of Game Boy/Game Boy Color games. Each had 3 games and most were 3.99 though one was 4.99. I grabbed 3 of the 4 bags (including the 4.99 one) because there were some solid games included. 7 of the 9 also had cases on them which was cool. I got:

Wave Race

Frogger

Rampage World Tour

The Lion King

A Bug's Life

Super Return of the Jedi

Game and Watch Gallery 2

Stargate

Mickey's Racing Adventure

The next few stops were pretty meh but I hit a Gamestop I hadn't been to in awhile and grabbed a few cheap games from the bin.

Blue Dragon Plus

Tokyo Beat Down

Magical Starsign

Rhythm Heaven

Pretty meh still but here's where it gets good. Stopped into Half Price Books and found a copy of Fun 'n Games (SNES) for 5.99. Not a great game but considering what It goes for I wasn't leaving it. They must have priced it off of the Genesis version.

I then stopped into another Savers and found Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 The Masters (Wii) for $3.99. Another one that goes for a lot and I was glad to grab.

Finally stopped into a game shop and grabbed Tomb Raider Chronicles and Xtreme Sports for Dreamcast cheap. Two games closer to my set.

Here's the one that makes me sad. Stopped into a pawn shop that used to be great but the last year or two has really jacked their prices up to the point where I almost never buy anything. Shockingly they had disc only copies of Game and Wario and Pikmin 3 for Wii for $9.99 and $24.99. I was going to grab both but as they took them out, both had HUGE sections of the top label missing around the ring, likely from pulling rental stickers off of them. I don't know if the pawn shop or the person who sold them to them removed the labels but I informed them that this is almost always a death sentence to games and it is best to leave those on. I would have gladly paid those prices, pretty disappointed by that.

Wow I actually came across a boat load of retro games today. A guy before me got Super Smash Bros N64 and Mario Kart 64 :( but it's all good. I ended up getting Super R-type and Hyper Zone SNES. Yeah I know overpaid for these but I'm a sucka for Shoot'Em Up games.

Scored:
Super R-type SNES $10
HyperZone SNES $10
Psychonauts PC (sealed/unopened but box is sort of beat up) $6
Perfect Dark Zero 360 (missing slip cover but discs/manual look mint) $3 - I'm assuming goodwill employees thought this was a dvd movie.

Saw but didn't buy:
Kingdom Hearts $6
Kingom Hearts case/coverartwork with Kingdom Hearts II&Re-chain of Memeories Discs $6
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly $6 - I'm looking for a GC version.
Super Mario 64 $10
Diddy Kong Racing $10
Sim Ant $10
Starfox $10
Super Mario World $10
Donkey Kong Country $10
NES & SNES system with cables and remote $30 each
Steve Urkel talking doll (childhood show BTW if you're wondering) $3 - I wanted to get it but after watching Annabelle last month I told myself "Hell No".

CPaqGQM.jpg
Was this the talking pull-string version? I found at goodwill earlier this year for .99 and just sold it at the flea market for $10 a few weeks back. Not a huge gain, but better than I hoped for, considering his voice mechanism was worn out and his glasses were missing.

Was this the talking pull-string version? I found at goodwill earlier this year for .99 and just sold it at the flea market for $10 a few weeks back. Not a huge gain, but better than I hoped for, considering his voice mechanism was worn out and his glasses were missing.
Yeah it was the pull-string version. After a few pulls, I somewhat got it to work and it speaks out jibberish. The string appears to be jammed inside so I decided not to buy it.

We never had an XE...I still don't own one. Kinda cool to see it in the box. I have the gun form a garage sale about 6 years ago. It says atari and it is grey, so I am assuming it is from this.

bread's done
Back