2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

So, my thrifting has been really sporadic lately, with my Jeep being broken down for 4 months or so.  Anytime I wanted to go hit up Goodwills, I'd have to wait until my fiance got home with her car.

Finally, an arm and half a leg later, my Jeep is back on the road and I can thrift on my own schedule....  And what a triumphant return!

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis - 1.99

GBA Case, no GBA, but had the 3 games in it - 1.99

I also picked up a Mario Kart puzzle for .99

So, my thrifting has been really sporadic lately, with my Jeep being broken down for 4 months or so. Anytime I wanted to go hit up Goodwills, I'd have to wait until my fiance got home with her car.

Finally, an arm and half a leg later, my Jeep is back on the road and I can thrift on my own schedule.... And what a triumphant return!

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis - 1.99

GBA Case, no GBA, but had the 3 games in it - 1.99

I also picked up a Mario Kart puzzle for .99
image.jpg

Now that's a thrift find.

I've tried to hit up the Goodwills in my area the past few weeks, and here's what I've come back with.

This was all $6. The only thing I'm keeping is Summoner, the rest is going in the trade pile.

And this lot was $20. The most interesting thing in there is that Shamaneater PS2 game, which is actually an album that's the soundtrack for a fictional PS2 game by a local Baltimore artist. I had thought it was a weird JRPG I had never heard of, but it's still pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found all this for $20 today at GW. Dragon Ball Z Budokai, Street Fighter Ex3, Spartan Total Warrior, Shadow Man 2econd Coming, Onimusha, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, ONI, Soul Reaver 2, and Medal of Honor Frontline.

Edit: I corrected the list because I wrote this originally as a bullet type format. However, the list got compiled and difficult to read. Thank you for letting me know about this. I hope it looks better cause I am using the Tapatalk app so it appears to look okay from my side.

I found all this for $20 today at GW. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Street Fighter Ex3 Spartan Total Warrior Shadow Man 2econd Coming Onimusha Mario Golf Toadstool Tour ONI Soul Reaver 2 Medal of Honor Frontline
Wish you found some commas...Seriously it is very difficult to read that list.

Got a early 2009 360 Arcade model (with the 256mb internal memory) no controllers for $38.xx. Needed to mess with the belt on the optical drive, but seems to be chugging along fine now. Need an HDD for the backwards compatibility, I guess. Doesn't seem like that will work with an external.

Picked up Wario Ware Smooth Moves for $3 over the weekend, wish I could say I've gotten more than that since my last post, but the combination of less time to go and dry spells when I do get around to making it is adding up to bupkis.

[quote name="Saix_XIII" post="12874027" timestamp="1440000746"]Wish you found some commas...Seriously it is very difficult to read that list.[/quote]
Crap, sorry. I split them in a bullet type list. The forum or phone application must have put all the words together. Thank you for the reply in letting me know about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtH89caXbQU

So hadn't been able to do a video in about a month, had some family issues and other things going on. Finally have one up,

so it's alot of stuff to go over. From thrifts, flea markets, garage sales, pretty much everywhere. If you guys have a chance, 

check out the video...

attachicon.gif
20150805_174935.jpg

This pic all found at one Goodwill, $2 a piece all complete, but Breakdown is Factory Sealed

attachicon.gif
20150805_174608.jpg

This pic all found at another Goodwill, all game .99 a piece, but Futurama and champions return to arms are missing manuals. I paid $3 for the Planet Robot wind up toy which had its windup key!
Damn, That Futurama Game on eBay is going for a good amount. I been looking for years for a decent copy at a good price but glad you found one. :)

I can't sit through the video, I need pics! But from what I watched they look like nice finds!
yeah the last few weeks have been crazy, my phone has been completely crapping out, so photos and videos have been getting messed

up. I will start including pics again if my phone starts cooperating again

Did okay today. My Goodwill had a bunch of good stuff but for some reason decided to stick the whole stack of PS2/PS1 games they got into the case... they never do that with Playstation games. Mostly sports games, ha ha. They weren't THAT badly priced for the most part but a few were. I wouldn't have minded an extra Rogue Galaxy... but not for 19.99. They also had a Mario Sunshine for 24.99 and Champions of Norrath for 19.99... just not good thrift store prices. they had Pokemon Red for 19.99 also. I did grab:

Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix (PS2) 3.99

Enter the Matrix (GC): 2.99

Earthworm Jim (GBA): 4.99

Ultimate Spider Man (GBA) 2.99

I've been looking for a gaming mouse for awhile and today I found me a new/sealed Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse for $30. There were stack of them (at least 14) at this particular goodwill. 

7MSy9q0.jpg

Other stuffs that I saw:
Hey You Pikachu! N64 Complete for $20
Atari Flashback 4 $10
Game of Thrones Board Game $4
A wannabe Mini PS1 for $40 lol

U9BlZVU.jpg

bokYaFa.jpg

SevzAfq.jpg

IIjLvCY.jpg

[attachment=16753:20150826_062304.jpg] My Local Goodwill had in the stationary and office supplies aisle in a bag for 4.99 for them all! about 30 minutes to close.  

SNES Games: Kirby's Avalanche, The Lion King, Super Mario World, John Madden Football 93

N64 Games: 007 Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Madden 2001

I found final fantasy 9 without a manual for 2 dollars. All 4 of the disks were there and in pretty good shape. Not a big rpg or FF fan but I figured it was a good deal.

Saw two more 360 Arcade units, this time for $20 each, but they were just the consoles, so who knows what shape they were in? As I'm currently unemployed, that's more of a gamble than I can take. Once upon a time, it was pretty safe to buy electronics at Goodwill. Anymore, people seem to have Goodwill confused with an eScrap place.

I did pick up an original Xbox for $6 and it seems all I need to do is plug in an A/V cable (flashing orange/green light.) Got From Russia with Love PS2 for $3 also and, unlike most disc based games I've found thrifting, this looked about new.

Found the floppy version of  Simcity Classic (The reprint of the original simcity game) For pc complete in box For $3. It came with the Urban renewal kit too. 

[attachment=16852:20150831_150111.jpg]

I picked up these 16 games and 1 GBA wireless adapter in a plastic bag for 9.99 at my local GBA.

TopGun: Firestorm Advance, Need for speed Underground, Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers, Konami Collector's Series Arcade Advanced, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Spiderman/ Spiderman 2, Rebelstar Tactical Command, Castlevania: Circle of The Moon, Tetris Worlds, Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros, Lord of The Rings: The Third Age, Silent Scope, Beyblade Vforce, Bookworm, Xmen 3, Star Wars Triology Apprentice of The Force and lastly a GBA Wireless adapter.

attachicon.gif
20150831_150111.jpg

I picked up these 16 games and 1 GBA wireless adapter in a plastic bag for 9.99 at my local GBA.

TopGun: Firestorm Advance, Need for speed Underground, Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers, Konami Collector's Series Arcade Advanced, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Spiderman/ Spiderman 2, Rebelstar Tactical Command, Castlevania: Circle of The Moon, Tetris Worlds, Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros, Lord of The Rings: The Third Age, Silent Scope, Beyblade Vforce, Bookworm, Xmen 3, Star Wars Triology Apprentice of The Force and lastly a GBA Wireless adapter.
Nice pickup! Would love to find a minish cap in the wild.

The Sims Complete Collection on PC - $2.24. Discs look great.

Also got Lego Star Wars II on PS2 for $.67, wasn't really interested but for that price I couldn't pass it up.

(Unusual pricing is thanks to student discount.)

[attachment=16873:games.jpg]

Donated some things to Goodwill and decided to check things out.  I know Target donates unsold merchandise but did they really just donate 50+ copies of Metro Redux for the PS4?

$14.99, not too badly priced but how they are going to sell them all is beyond me.  Right next to it was a bunch of copies of Angry Birds Star Wars for the PS3.  Those were also priced at 14.99

[quote name="foster1887" post="12898434" timestamp="1441153399"]$14.99, not too badly priced but how they are going to sell them all is beyond me. Right next to it was a bunch of copies of Angry Birds Star Wars for the PS3. Those were also priced at 14.99[/quote]they will sell. Most people will buy them because they're cheap ps4 games. I've seen plenty of people buy loads of stuff worse than that.

Arszxcr.jpg

6LzfxA2.jpg

Man I am having a hard time finding a portable AC here in LA/OC. It's all sold out everywhere (home depot, bestbuy, sears, lowes, etc). I got off work early so I thought I do some thrift shopping for parts to build my homemade AC.

Bought:

New/Sealed Rare Replay Xbox One (socal folks, there's a couple more, the gw one off the 5 freeway on eculid in Anaheim i think) $15

Building parts for my homemade AC (It only took me like 30 minutes to build it) $12

6 GC Games (perfect mint condition) for $4 each

Fang Gaming Pad (i recalled seeing them at frys 10 years ago) $5

GBA Gameshark Memory Card (I sold one last year for $60) $1

Oddworld PC (mint) $3

Startrek Blu-ray (I heard it's good) $4

GC Controller (don't know why i bought it lol) $5

Did not buy:

ASUS motherboard with 4x 2GB DDR3 (8GB total) $10
Nintendo Game Boy $25
Sega Dreamcast with cable, 2 controller, and wires $25
The Elder Scrolls Oblivion Collector's Edition 360 w/ coin and map (missing the bonus disc) $6
Bunch of PS2 and PS3 Games (lots of them were mint) $4 each

ODjhjQB.jpg

alWONMS.jpg

9g6nnbU.jpg

wJbIntN.jpg

DI9qyJd.jpg

oh yeah here's my homemade ac with dried ice inside.

V2nzVlo.jpg

That motherboard was only $10?  From the label, it looks like it was more than just the board, but CPU + ram.  I would've bought that in a heartbeat, especially since my PC is dying a slow, painful death.

That motherboard was only $10? From the label, it looks like it was more than just the board, but CPU + ram. I would've bought that in a heartbeat, especially since my PC is dying a slow, painful death.
Yeah it was $10 with Intel Core Duo 2 CPU and 4x stick of 2GB DDR3 installed but I have no use for it. I thought I let the next thrifter have it. There was also a i5 4690K for $40 (actually I bought it last month, tested, found it's a dead CPU, and then returned it for store credit), but the cashier told me someone just returned it last night saying it wasn't working so I'm 100% it's the same CPU. I still don't know why this Goodwill still have it for sale.

kNvJSzI.jpg

I've been looking for a gaming mouse for awhile and today I found me a new/sealed Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse for $30. There were stack of them (at least 14) at this particular goodwill.

7MSy9q0.jpg

Other stuffs that I saw:
Hey You Pikachu! N64 Complete for $20
Atari Flashback 4 $10
Game of Thrones Board Game $4
A wannabe Mini PS1 for $40 lol
Awesome find on the Logitech mouse. I would have picked it up too for $30. :)

The amount of yard sales here just isn't worth it right now, may be calling this a season early sadly. I did use this morning to hit a thrift store though and found something pretty surprising. By no means a valuable game but I found Pro Fishing Challenge for the Xbox. It's one of the top 10-15 rarest games on the system according to most of the Xbox collectors out there and it's strangely an Atlus fishing game. Doesn't go for much (there's a CIB on eBay for 12.99 shipped) as there is no demand but if Xbox collecting picks up this could get very hard to find. It was 2.99 CIB and in awesome shape so I was glad to grab it.

Had a nice little find at Goodwill this morning for about $10. Found some good stuff for MAGFest, and I'm looking forward to digging into that Working Designs mecha game.

bread's done
Back