2016 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

A Retro Store opened in my local Mall last year. They only stayed in operation for a few months and closed last May. Everything was overpriced. A lot of their "complete" copies were just poorly printed boxart.

Picked up Force Unleashed Graphic Novel for a quarter. They thought it was a magazine. 

Got Transformers The Gathering from the store next door for 1.25 since it was a 50% off day. Was a big fan of Beast Wars back in the day. I regret giving my toys to charity now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox One controller and sealed NBA 2k16 for PS4- $25 apiece @ Goodwill. Controller is not the one with the 3.5mm headset jack like what was on the box, someone probably swapped them and got a refund for that. Oh well $25 is still a deal for those controllers and it works great and is very clean.

just a couple of sports games i found today...

9m2XoM3.jpg

Oh shit. Nice score on the college games. If I were you, hold onto them until next season/during march madness. They usually go up in value, a lot more if they were new/sealed. 

PS2 slim with no cords and a memory card

Dark Knight on Blu-Ray

sealed copy of Moulin Rouge on DVD

2 Pokemon DVDs

all for $4

This afternoon picked up:

Zelda Ocarina 3D (Complete) $6

I also saw some retro games, but they were charging $10 each for them.

HwQk387.jpg

xAYZ9Zw.jpg

This afternoon picked up:

Zelda Ocarina 3D (Complete) $6

I also saw some retro games, but they were charging $10 each for them.
$10 for castle of illusion is a great price if the cart is in decent condition. looks like they had some games worth buying for $10. i been looking for a copy of street fighter 2010 to add to the collection but $10 is full price for it. Do you remember what the genesis game on the bottom was? great score on ocarina surprised they had it since the 10th.

After a pretty uneventful day garage saleing on my way back I hit up my favorite little used toy store and picked up the following for $35 total:

Super Mario All Stars for SNES

Super Adventure Island 2 for SNES

Star Fox for SNES

Donkey Kong Country 3 for SNES

TMNT for NES

Joe and Mac for NES

Darkwing Duck for NES

She also had a NES and SNES for $45 apiece which I passed on.

The good thrift store finds keep coming:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX sealed for $3

only downside is that the box is crushed and has a crease in it.

I was pumped to find this today. The cover is a little rough, but I love all things Dragon warrior/quest because it was my first rpg. Some rpg aficionado must have fallen on hard times because this store has been a gold mine for good guides lately.
c5ef929e62debdf66172e795fdba1abe.jpg

Oh man I saw a sealed, unopened 980 Video Card but GW wanted 3 bills for it. I even spoke with the manager, hoping he would lower it to 2 bills but no go. He told me, if no buyer by the end of the month, come back and he would let me have it for $200. I gave him my name and number and told him to text/call me back if it's sold. I have been wanting to upgrade my 7870 for awhile.

W6HJE86.jpg

I really wanted these games below, but the cartridge/disc has been swiped. I also saw a Wii U system (no controllers) for $50.

H84seAQ.jpg

J9GsHPD.jpg

Oh man I saw a sealed, unopened 980 Video Card but GW wanted 3 bills for it. I even spoke with the manager, hoping he would lower it to 2 bills but no go. He told me, if no buyer by the end of the month, come back and he would let me have it for $200. I gave him my name and number and told him to text/call me back if it's sold. I have been wanting to upgrade my 7870 for awhile.

W6HJE86.jpg

I really wanted these games below, but the cartridge/disc has been swiped. I also saw a Wii U system (no controllers) for $50.

H84seAQ.jpg

J9GsHPD.jpg
the wii u is useless with out a game pad unless u already have one

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Who calls a $100 a "bill?"
My bad. Look it up google. It's a slang word for a hundred dollar bill. Folks (Well my friends do) around here (mostly in the ghetto area though) in Long Beach, CA say it a lot. Like for example. How about 2 bills for your Jordan Retro 6? Damn that shit costs me over me a bill yo?

My bad. Look it up google. It's a slang word for a hundred dollar bill. Folks (Well my friends do) around here (mostly in the ghetto area though) in Long Beach, CA say it a lot. Like for example. How about 2 bills for your Jordan Retro 6? Damn that shit costs me over me a bill yo?
The people in my SoCal area don't say that at all. :lol:

I'm from up in Boston and know what it means. My dad and other older relatives use it. I've never seen it used by people in their 30's or younger though.

LOL GW the "nonprofit thrift store" would turn down a $200 offer! Saw some $50+ dirty Nikes, a $50 original Xbox with no controllers, and a $45 copy of Halo 4 Limited Edition...........the once awesome brand of stores is a freaking joke these days!

I don't get why regular folks donate to goodwill. Clearly the CEO and district managers make bonuses depending on sales.

My local GW is moving anything games behind the back counter and selling at eBay prices.

All the people who make donations need to start a class action lawsuit because I doubt 100% goes to charity. You're giving them stuff to sell at eBay prices.

I don't get why regular folks donate to goodwill. Clearly the CEO and district managers make bonuses depending on sales.

My local GW is moving anything games behind the back counter and selling at eBay prices.

All the people who make donations need to start a class action lawsuit because I doubt 100% goes to charity. You're giving them stuff to sell at eBay prices.
I normally just "donate" things my trash man won't take. I had to talk them into taking an old bed a few weeks ago because they said it was on the list of things they don't accept.

We donate regularly to thrifts. Clothes that my children outgrow, toys that they no longer play with, even some small appliances have ended up at the G-Dubs. I think that it is very dependant on your geographic region as to the prices of many things and quality of items.

That being said, I stopped into GW today and picked up PS3 FIFA Street (x2) and 360 Zumba Fitness World Party (x2). All sealed, all $3.99 each. They respectively trade for 7.70 and 9.90 each, so that will be going to my No Man's Sky reservation fund.

So the Goodwill visited had a lot of ps2 games (mostly sport) and had sonic mega collection, MK alliance, and god of war.

There was also some ps3 games heavy rain ,sports, and The Godfather Don Edition?

Picked up only The Godfather and a ps1 Resident Evil 3 with Dino Demo Disc for total $4. Both games CIB.

Picked up a few things at Goodwill the last few weeks, here's The rundown. All Complete.

Star Wars: Empire At War (PC) .99

The Sims 2: Nightlife (PC, New In Box) 1.99

Super Mario Bros.(Wii) 6.99

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) 5.99

The Urbz Sims In The City (Gamecube) 4.99

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Xbox 360) 3.00

Wii Sports 2.00

F-22 Interceptor (Genesis) 1.99

Super Battleship (Genesis) 1.99

Barbie Super Model (Genesis) 1.99

International Tennis Open (Cd-i) .99

The Palm Springs Open (Cd-i) .99

Video Speedways (Cd-i) .99

The Best of Draw 50 (Cd-i) .99

Treasures Of The Smithsonian (Cd-i) .99

Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia (Cd-i) .99

And with that group of Cd-i stuff I also got my best find to date, Hotel Mario for the Phillips Cd-i for .99

I also picked up a nice Nintendo Wii at Half Price Books that came with Wii Sports for $34.99

Nothing crazy good but Goodwill finally had something worth buying SSB is sealed. Had abunch of PS1 games for $10.[attachment=21702:20160429_114934.jpg]

Some random Savers stuff from the past couple weeks...nothing super exciting but the Witcher books are awesome (this is #3, I only have #1 and the short story collection) and that lil' Star Fox plush is adorable.

IMG_1161_1.jpg

Picked up Faith No More's "Angel Dust" CD (disc is flawless) at the local Sally's for $0.50.

Local Goodwill got some new Target salvage in :) Picked up Mario Party 10 for $14.99 and it is flawless!

[attachment=21758:20160430_070836.jpg]

$2 a piece, so $16 total and they're all mint and complete. Been really dry for the last 4 months before this pick up, but this was nice.

Real jelly. 

One time, my local Goodwill had Resident Evil 3 Disc Only and they tried selling the discs separately for $5 each

found these for $5 each and they are all sealed. it is more than i usually pay for strategy guides but they are new and are the hardcover versions.

i also got this anime for $7 and this go bot slicks from 1983 for a $1

My local GW is doing well in the target salvage department. Picked up farming simulator 15 (360) and pure pool for 5.99 each. Kept pure pool and flipped farming to GS for 13.20.

Been lazy with my posts the past couple of weeks. And because I didn't find much. Then BAM! Bunch of finds in one day. Here's what I picked up two days ago.

nhPGx60.jpg

Radio receiver thing. BlueCrossBlueShield logo on it. $1.

vN1gz3j.jpg

A lamp that can hang on a metal bracket on the ceiling. I don't have any idea about this. I mean, there's not even a brand on it. No idea how much it's worth. Also $1.

af4SKoK.jpg

aM87d8h.jpg

iHome ipod/ipad dock. Pretty sweet. Good condition. Came with the adapter too. $2.

KX8U6BC.jpg

This is a T25 model Arrow staple gun. High power. $3.

DYK840t.jpg

Can't make heads or tails of this. Nothing on eBay like it. Amazon has a listing for it, but it's Unavailable. For $1, I figure it's worth it.

sST4Rcf.jpg

Couple of high prices on eBay for this, but nobody's biting. It was $1.

4w2Ws3p.jpg

bC1DRI2.jpg

Never seen this before. That's not a decal. It's a legit Special Edition of a PS2. I think. If it's a decal, it's super-glued on or something. It came with the two memory cards and this wireless controller connector. But no controller itself. Everything here except the PS2 I got from a local thrift store. Not GW. The PS2 I got last week from GW.

Except the iHome dock, it's hard to gauge the value of the other stuff. Gonna have to do some research on it.

Been lazy with my posts the past couple of weeks. And because I didn't find much. Then BAM! Bunch of finds in one day. Here's what I picked up two days ago.

nhPGx60.jpg

vN1gz3j.jpg

A lamp that can hang on a metal bracket on the ceiling. I don't have any idea about this. I mean, there's not even a brand on it. No idea how much it's worth. Also $1.

af4SKoK.jpg

aM87d8h.jpg

iHome ipod/ipad dock. Pretty sweet. Good condition. Came with the adapter too. $2.

KX8U6BC.jpg

DYK840t.jpg

Can't make heads or tails of this. Nothing on eBay like it. Amazon has a listing for it, but it's Unavailable. For $1, I figure it's worth it.

sST4Rcf.jpg

4w2Ws3p.jpg

bC1DRI2.jpg

Never seen this before. That's not a decal. It's a legit Special Edition of a PS2. I think. If it's a decal, it's super-glued on or something. It came with the two memory cards and this wireless controller connector. But no controller itself. Everything here except the PS2 I got from a local thrift store. Not GW. The PS2 I got last week from GW.

Except the iHome dock, it's hard to gauge the value of the other stuff. Gonna have to do some research on it.
it is a skin from gamer graffix here is a link to it on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Gamer-Graffix-Call-Duty-Playstation-2/dp/B000UQQK7G/ref=sr_1_3?srs=3029055011&ie=UTF8&qid=1462841563&sr=8-3&keywords=gamer+graffix+call+of+duty

i seen others before at thrift stores. i wonder if it is possible to remove them?

A few good finds yesterday at the favorite local thrift. Nabbed FIFA 09 for X360, Run for you Life (James Patterson book), and a New Era Denver Broncos fitted cap.

I say that is better than good that is as good as it gets I love that game my favorite zelda game.

The good thrift store finds keep coming:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX sealed for $3

only downside is that the box is crushed and has a crease in it.

Have not had much time to check my local thift stores regularly I found gamecube crazy taxi complete at salvation army for $1 plus tax.

found this gameboy color for $40. it was $10 more than i wanted to pay but the gameboy has never been used and had the game. the screen does not have any scuffs or scratches. it was also opened from the bottom so it still had the original batteries on top which were leaking after 17 years. luckily they only got a small piece of the cardboard. the box has tape on the front of it and i don't think i can get it off without destroying the box. i paid a little more than i wanted but got a mint gameboy color for my collection. i have been wanting one but they are usually too much and/or in bad shape.

[attachment=21915:20160515_140127.jpg]

Two Brand New Hallmark Hunchback of Notre Dame ornaments .50 total

Brand New Star Wars Force Awakens Bluray $13

Squirtle, Pikachu and Minus (kinda like beanie babies) 1.50 total

Kirby Super Star Ultra complete $5

Warhawk, Star Trek Invasion, and Syndicate Wars $5 total

Total for everything $25

nhPGx60.jpg

vN1gz3j.jpg

af4SKoK.jpg

aM87d8h.jpg

KX8U6BC.jpg

DYK840t.jpg

sST4Rcf.jpg

4w2Ws3p.jpg

bC1DRI2.jpg

You did good. Ebay is a helper, but dont use that as a guide. People almost always overprice stuff. How do you know its a special PS2?

Cant find any info on it?

You did good. Ebay is a helper, but dont use that as a guide. People almost always overprice stuff. How do you know its a special PS2?

Cant find any info on it?
Thanks. Yeah, I know not to rely on eBay too much as a pricing tool. Problem is, there aren't really many other places to look. Not like there's an online archive of everything and how much it's worth. God, I wish there was. I really, really wish there was.

The PS2 isn't special. It's made from this:

it is a skin from gamer graffix here is a link to it on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Gamer-Graffix-Call-Duty-Playstation-2/dp/B000UQQK7G/ref=sr_1_3?srs=3029055011&ie=UTF8&qid=1462841563&sr=8-3&keywords=gamer+graffix+call+of+duty

i seen others before at thrift stores. i wonder if it is possible to remove them?
So just a regular silver PS2 with this probably unremovable skin on it.

Ebay can be pretty helpful, actually, but you can't go by BIN listings. When you search for something and refine the search to show only items that have sold. That will give you a rough idea of the actual going rate

bread's done
Back