2016 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

I haven't been thrifting for awhile but I was able to find a few things last night:

Warpath Jurassic Park PS1 $3
GameShark GBA Cartridge $1
Beachbody Workout T25 Alpha Beta DVD Set $5
Mortal Kombat PS4
That GameShark is worth some bank. Nice find.

No gaming related stuff the last two trips to the local Animal Humane thrift store. Scanned through the movies and saw a Blu-ray DVD combo copy of Wreck-It Ralph. Opened the case to see it contained just the DVD disc, no big deal as it was only a buck or two for it. Grabbed an old undrilled green plastic/spare bowling ball for $5.00 as well.

The trip before that I grabbed an old undrilled urethane bowling ball (a former Kmart special) for $2.50 because sporting goods were half off that day. Grabbed a couple of books during the trip too. My mom found some pretty cool stuff during both trips as well. This after quite the dry spell that lasted for several months. It had become so barren that we nearly gave up on going there.
That reminds me that I still have my $5 Homer Simpson ball I bought at the flea market two years ago. Been meaning to get it drilled and start using it, but we only go bowling once every 6 months or so, so I don't know if I should even bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
That GameShark is worth some bank. Nice find.
i had no idea those gamesharks or the action replay ones were worth $50-$60. i got the gameshark a couple of weeks ago for $3 dollars and seen the action replay one last weekend for $5. thanks for the information i will be one the look out for any gba gameshark or action replay. hopefully the action replay will still be there still this weekend.

That reminds me that I still have my $5 Homer Simpson ball I bought at the flea market two years ago. Been meaning to get it drilled and start using it, but we only go bowling once every 6 months or so, so I don't know if I should even bother.
I think even with just casual use, it would better to have it drilled. This way it'll fit to your bowling hand perfectly and you can have adjustments made if needed. Once I got back into bowling a few years I got my own ball again and haven't used a house ball since.

I can for a fact tell you guys there are known youtubers who chage prices to get at goodwill for raising prices. One off instagram i know who did this is the goodwillhunter and than goes to show in on IG smh its the same as stealing ppl these days

I'm not a Megadeth fan, but I picked up their new album Dystopia and Rust in Peace Remixed & Remastered for 49 cents each.

Damn, I completely forgot to post what I got that I was bragging about earlier. I thought I did. Here it is:

enSpdax.jpg

Sticker on the back denoting what model it is.

DeHT5Ue.jpg

Yes, it is brand new. I always get a kick out of looking at this, by the way:

XCRwOzg.jpg

"How much did you pay for this, Narukami-san?"

So glad you asked, random stranger. Here it is:

ocYnXjo.jpg

If you think I paid $399, you guess WRONG!

Definitely a nice find, gives my biggest thrift find (from four years ago!) a run for it's money:

A Canon GL2 professional video camera for $10.  Original MSRP was $2799, and I'd still have it if we didn't run into money troubles and had to sell it.  That thing was amazing, especially for being pre-HD.   Price has tanked in recent years, so I'm tempted to pick one up again for a fraction of what I sold mine for.

Went out to Goodwill today and picked up:

The Pumphouse Gang -- Tom Wolfe
Diablo III (PS3)
Puppeteer (PS3)
Veronica Mars s2
Collective Soul
Faith Hill -- Faith
Collective Soul -- hints allegations and things left unsaid
Mariah Carey -- Music Box
Bangles -- Glitter Years: Rarities & Gems
Whitesnake -- Slip of the Tongue

thriftmarch.jpg

I've been checking out Saver's recently and it's a really nice change of pace compared to Salvation Army and Goodwill. Cleaner, better organized, and the stuff is nowhere near as overpriced. Today I got

:br: Disney's Planes 3D (sealed) - $3.99

:pc: No One Lives Forever 2 - $1.99

I thought NOLF would be a little more valuable than it is, but I've heard it's a good game that won't be coming to digital distribution any time soon so definitely a good pick-up.

Surprisingly though the best finds came from Goodwill where I got

:3ds: Luigi's Mansion - Dark Moon - $4.99

:3ds: Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D - $4.99

They actually had some interesting stuff at Goodwill this time. Some good (but common) RPG's like Final Fantasy Chronicles, FFIX, Lost Odyssey, and a few others. I probably would have bought at least a couple if I didn't already have them all. There were even import copies of Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and FFX International in the stack, which was interesting to see.

The 3DS games were definitely the pick of the litter though, especially considering the super-low (for Goodwill) prices. I'm pretty happy with these finds especially OoT which I was strongly considering buying the Nintendo Selects version of - 1/4 the price for the original non-ugly cover art version is much better though.

Picked up a bunch of rpg guides today for $4. Morrowind goty, oblivion goty, and final fantasy tactics war of the lions were the stand outs.

Savers is becoming my favorite thrift store in town, every time I stop by, I walk away with something cool!

[attachment=21229:image.jpeg]

Big box pc games for $2 each. Oregon Trail 2 came with a vhs tape which was pretty cool and I was actually able to get it to work.

Savers is becoming my favorite thrift store in town, every time I stop by, I walk away with something cool!

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

Big box pc games for $2 each. Oregon Trail 2 came with a vhs tape which was pretty cool and I was actually able to get it to work.
Sweet finds! How were you able to get it to work (if you mean the game itself)?

Sweet finds! How were you able to get it to work (if you mean the game itself)?
I copied all the game's data/files and put them into a new folder, through there I ran the setup and for a few seconds the interface changed to a blue screen, then it started to install and after a minute the game was installed and worked. I'm surprised to be honest

Hit up the Goodwill in my old town. Found Kirby's Dream Collection for the Wii for $2.97. It was in the Gamestop generic used case, but it had zero scratches and had the soundtrack disc inside as well. Left it for my nephews to enjoy. Easily the best thing I've found in quite some time.

Was surprised the rest of the game selection was reasonable as well. They had some various PS2, PS3, XBox, 360 and other Wii games, but nothing great. Even saw a Dreamcast NFL 2K1 in the CDs. Oh, and a black Wii in the box with Wii Sports and Resort, but it was $40.

Also found a HP Photosmart E327 digital camera for $5. Popped open the battery case and there was a 2 gb SD card shoved in as well so I grabbed it. Tested it out and it shoots pretty well as it's 5 MP and it's nice and compact. I still have a 12.1 MP Sony Cybershot from the club.bing days, but I seldom use it as it has that weird ass battery. Speaking of Sony Cybershots, I saw one in the display case for $20 or $30. It was older than the one I have, though.

Things have been dead around here for the past couple of days. Glad the rest of your are having better luck.

Definitely a nice find, gives my biggest thrift find (from four years ago!) a run for it's money:

A Canon GL2 professional video camera for $10. Original MSRP was $2799, and I'd still have it if we didn't run into money troubles and had to sell it. That thing was amazing, especially for being pre-HD. Price has tanked in recent years, so I'm tempted to pick one up again for a fraction of what I sold mine for.
Thanks. As soon as I saw that it was Apple, I knew it was worth some mint. I just don't know how much. eBay's giving me mixed messages on that end.

Wow, you really lucked out on that GL2. How much did you manage to sell it for?

Things have been dead around here for the past couple of days. Glad the rest of your are having better luck.

Thanks. As soon as I saw that it was Apple, I knew it was worth some mint. I just don't know how much. eBay's giving me mixed messages on that end.

Wow, you really lucked out on that GL2. How much did you manage to sell it for?
I ended up letting it go for $600. It was a tidy profit, so no complaints from me there.

Video games are drying up again, aside from Wii shovelware and PS2/OG Xbox sports titles. I did have a nice find last night though: A new with tags Foamy the Squirrel plush for .99.

Anyone familiar with Neurotically Yours will know what I'm talking about. I was a huge fan of it in the early/mid-2000s. I looked into it and apparently Ill Will Press only made less than 2000 of these things. I've found no listings, recent or otherwise, on ebay. Now comes with quandary of do I keep it or try to flip it for profit? I really want to keep him.

http://illwillpress.com/foamyplushweb.html

I ended up letting it go for $600. It was a tidy profit, so no complaints from me there.

Video games are drying up again, aside from Wii shovelware and PS2/OG Xbox sports titles. I did have a nice find last night though: A new with tags Foamy the Squirrel plush for .99.

Anyone familiar with Neurotically Yours will know what I'm talking about. I was a huge fan of it in the early/mid-2000s. I looked into it and apparently Ill Will Press only made less than 2000 of these things. I've found no listings, recent or otherwise, on ebay. Now comes with quandary of do I keep it or try to flip it for profit? I really want to keep him.

EYE STIGMATA!

Picked up a disk only Mario Party 8 and a Bionicle Protector of the Forest for $2. I'm surprised MP 8 works. It just disc only without any protection amidst a bunch of brick a brack

No gaming finds this round, not surprising though. I did grab two metal owl statues/figurines, three t-shirts, five books, and a Hamilton Beach Brew Station 12-cup coffee maker.

Edit: Make that six books, don't know why I got five books stuck in my head.

Got some stuff today. Hope it's valuable. I needs money!

Can't tell which of the million music games this is for. Or hell, even what system. Probably PS3. It was $5.

dEI8cZU.jpg

RBCbPzK.jpg

Fender Stratocaster guitar. Again, no idea what game or system. But eBay seems to have it for a pretty penny. Hehehehehe. $2.50. Funny thing is, I found two of these. One at one GW, one at another. One had it for $5 that I saw weeks ago. Didn't get it. This one I did get today. However, for this one, I'm more tempted to club someone over the head with it while yelling "El Kabong" rather than sell it or use it.

VG94fzM.jpg

DpyXoya.jpg

$2 thingy. I dunno. Looks brand new though.

GoOJNhR.jpg
That looks like the 1st gen Rockband 1 drumset? I think Rockband 2 was improved and the drumset was black. The guitar looks clean and you found it at GW?

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

Man, remember playing Oregon Trail on a Compaq desktop back then. Got the itch to replay Star Control 2. Wish a remake was made.

Keep him unless you need money. What would be the odds of finding another for so cheap? I been looking for Conker plush for years, but no luck.

Passed on a GBC sealed 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' For $2. Not really worth it is it?

That looks like the 1st gen Rockband 1 drumset? I think Rockband 2 was improved and the drumset was black. The guitar looks clean and you found it at GW?
Not sure about the drumset. That's why I asked. The guitar did look clean yes. Bought it just like that. I didn't do any additional cleaning to it. Bought it at Goodwill, yeah.

Passed on a GBC sealed 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' For $2. Not really worth it is it?
No, not really. It sells for a good flip on eBay, or it would if there was a market for it. But it seems like literally NOBODY wants the game. No matter how you price it, I doubt anyone will want it for their collection or to play.

Been a long time since I found anything remotely worthwhile, I haven't been thrifting near as much nowadays.  Picked up a Wii console bundle with NSMB Wii in the tray for $16, and I almost picked up this Donkey Kong board game for $3, but the set was kind of trashed up, didn't want to bother fixing it up for sale, and had no interest of playing it.

Been a long time since I found anything remotely worthwhile, I haven't been thrifting near as much nowadays. Picked up a Wii console bundle with NSMB Wii in the tray for $16, and I almost picked up this Donkey Kong board game for $3, but the set was kind of trashed up, didn't want to bother fixing it up for sale, and had no interest of playing it.
Nice find!

Speaking of board games, last night I dropped in at the Goodwill I found Foamy at and they just brought out a sealed Megaman NT Warrior Battlenet board game for 2.99. I was shocked because I didn't think they put stuff out on Sunday, since it's the weekly color changeover day where the old color is .99 and the new color is 50% off.

Nice find!

Speaking of board games, last night I dropped in at the Goodwill I found Foamy at and they just brought out a sealed Megaman NT Warrior Battlenet board game for 2.99. I was shocked because I didn't think they put stuff out on Sunday, since it's the weekly color changeover day where the old color is .99 and the new color is 50% off.
I'm so jealous of your Mega Man board game find. I'd love to have a find like that. Foamy sounds cool too but I'm honestly not too sure what exactly he's from.

Had some recent luck at some different thrift stores. Here's my recent score list:

GAMES:

:xbox: SW: KOTOR - Disc, with case andLucasArts postcard, missing booklet. Disc looks mint though - $2.

:wii: Super Smash Bros: Brawl - Complete with everything looking brand new. I doubt this thing has ever been played - $3

DVD:

Star Wars Episode V Limited Edition (with original cut DVD) Full screen - Has both DVD's. Original cut DVD is mint. Regular disc is scratched but plays. Has original box artwork but missing inside art insert assuming it had one - $2

Archer Season 1 - Complete and mint - $2

Archer Season 2 - Complete but disc 1 has some scratches. Still seems to play fine - $5

VHS:

Star Wars Episode IV & V (1995 THX Masters Pre-Lucas digital upgrades) $.69 each

BOOKS:

S. by J.J. Abrams & Doug Dorst (complete) -$2

Star Wars Return Of The Jedi (original print) - $1

Star Wars The Force Unleashed by Sean Williams HC -$2

Star Wars The Crystal Star by Vonda McIntyre HC -$2

Star Fighters by Robert E. Mills - $1

Batman: Knightfall by Dennis O'neil HC - $2

Not many games deals but still stuff I'm glad to have at solid prices.

Got a huge haul today. All at Goodwill. Along with some cheap curiosities that I'm interested in finding the value of.

First curiosity.

AyqnNZJ.jpg

SlkY4Qt.jpg

Pocketwatch alarm clock thing for pilots. $2. Very interesting. Couldn't resist.

JCW9y1H.jpg

This is the second curiosity.

fdEvg6G.jpg

Metal plane painted in gold. This one is very intriguing.

AN7AObJ.jpg

No idea how much it's worth. The again, I don't really care. I'm not really interested in selling it. It's just too cool. It was $3.

JXP9UGW.jpg

The warranty and instructions. Interesting. Must be valuable.

1D3U6bk.jpg

Two surfing VHSs. Yes, despite the title -not to mention the colors- of the second one, it seems to have nothing to do with drugs. $.49 each.

W6LGH2p.jpg

$1 each. I have Eragon and Brisingir already. And now Eldest. Just need Inheritance now. As for Winter's Heart, I just finished The Great Hunt, which was Book 2 of the Wheel of Time. Book 9 is a long ways away, but I guess I got sick of paying $6.50 each for the first two books and $9.16 for the third one. All of them being those tiny Mass Market Paperback editions too. :headache:

IlI8Oho.jpg

Almost done, I promise. Heroes was $2.94. $.49 per disc. Stupid policy, but it's still cheap as heck. Good series. Great season despite what the haters say. The best season, I'd say.

EZOyzOE.jpg

Here's the last of it. Dragon Ball Budokai 3. Wish it was Tenkaichi 3, but I can't complain. Not in the best of condition and no manual though. Lousy.

I had to go to Best Buy today to pick up my copy of SW:TFA  so I decided to pop into the thrift store a short distance away from it. Didn't expect to find much but had a pretty good score. Picture of my score:
What I got:

Five Nights At Freddy's: The Silver Eyes book - $1.49 . I don't have any interest in the games but the lore behind them seems interesting enough. Figure I'll probably just read this then sell it. 

Star Wars Episode I VHS - $.69 . Why not. I've decided I'm just gonna try to own every single release of Star Wars I can so might as well have this.

:pS1: Gran Turismo 2 - $1.49. Complete with both discs in good condition and came with both booklets. Just bought it to add to my collection.

The real gem of the deals was :pC: Star Wars Tie Fighter CD Collector's Big Box for $2. I think it's complete too but I'm not positive. I've got a photo of the complete set in this spoiler . Seems complete to me but could be totally missing something. If anyone has any idea let me know. Everything in the box looks as if it's new. The box itself is mostly mint but has some creases and stuff on it. I have a feeling it was mint until it actually got to the thrift store. 

Overall pretty good and I'm pretty happy for a total of $6.15 after taxes.

Are you a fan of the Inheritance Cycle?
Me? Yes. I read Eragon and Eldest in high school in my freshmen year. Didn't finish Eldest as I was burnt out on books at the time. Reread them in my senior year only to find out that Eldest wasn't the end and the third and fourth book were not even close to out yet. So now I have to rereread them. Though it's been so long, it won't be a big deal for me. They were quite good, despite what the vocal majority of haters say.

[attachment=21322:image.jpeg]

Crusader No Regret: $2
Barbie Dreamhouse Party: $3
Last of us Remastered: $15
NBA2k13:$4

Not bad

Damn good finds! Especially Division and Far Cry. Shocked to see those games at a thrift store so soon. Good stuff :)
My guess is probably Target donated them. I always see PS4/X1/Wii U/3DS games at my goodwill (Dark Souls, SFV, NBA16K, Mortal Kombat, Madden 16, MGSV, etc.) stores, but they usually sell it for $15/$25/$30 or the disc/cartridge has been swiped.

My first of the year, other than records. Got a pair of Sony MDR-DS6000 wireless headphones which appear to be working. In true Goodwill fashion, the base and headset were priced separately and even had different colored stickers implying they were put out at different times. Someone had stashed the set behind the records, heh. $7 for everything.

Me? Yes. I read Eragon and Eldest in high school in my freshmen year. Didn't finish Eldest as I was burnt out on books at the time. Reread them in my senior year only to find out that Eldest wasn't the end and the third and fourth book were not even close to out yet. So now I have to rereread them. Though it's been so long, it won't be a big deal for me. They were quite good, despite what the vocal majority of haters say.
I always enjoyed the Inheritance Cycle myself. Been hooked on it since I randomly came upon Eragon in my school's library when it first came out.

It was originally a trilogy of books but the third book got so big the author decided to split it into two books.

Always shipped Eragon x Arya. Disappointed they didn't hook up at the end of Book 4. Although it is safe to say they did in the future. Eventually.

A new retro game shop opened next to my house and I decided to check it out. While the selection was really good, the prices were just awful. Were talking above-ebay prices here. They had a NIB TurboGrafx16 for $1800, Resident Evil 2 DC for 60, used Dreamcast for 90, regular turbo grafx w/ controller for 200. I just dont understand how stores like that make money. I mean come on...I guess if its at least the SAME as Ebay prices I could see someone who wanted something right then and there just paying up. But above ebay??? who in their right mind would buy ANYTHING. Hell, lets not forget tax as well. 

Picked up a Black Wii (No cords) at Goodwill for $5.99 and it had Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga in it. Was hoping for something better :/ but still a good deal!

A new retro game shop opened next to my house and I decided to check it out. While the selection was really good, the prices were just awful. Were talking above-ebay prices here. They had a NIB TurboGrafx16 for $1800, Resident Evil 2 DC for 60, used Dreamcast for 90, regular turbo grafx w/ controller for 200. I just dont understand how stores like that make money. I mean come on...I guess if its at least the SAME as Ebay prices I could see someone who wanted something right then and there just paying up. But above ebay??? who in their right mind would buy ANYTHING. Hell, lets not forget tax as well.
I've seen idiot stores like this before. More than one closed down. One of my favorite things to do is go to a store like that on one of the last days they're still in business and heckle them for their terrible practices.

"You brought this upon yourself. You won't be missed."

A Goodwill in the area is really bad about charging eBay-like prices. $90 for a Wii? $75 for a portable GameCube screen? $50 for 8GB of desktop RAM? This is where people go to SAVE money, you dipthongs. If we were willing to pay eBay prices, we'd just use eBay.

A Goodwill in the area is really bad about charging eBay-like prices. $90 for a Wii? $75 for a portable GameCube screen? $50 for 8GB of desktop RAM? This is where people go to SAVE money, you dipthongs. If we were willing to pay eBay prices, we'd just use eBay.
There's always that one. LOL.

Another favorite is when they get out of season merch from Target and they price it at about what it was back when Target couldn't move it. Sometimes they just slap their higher sticker over Target's orange clearance one.

bread's done
Back