2016 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Nice find on that N64 stuff!

Only find I've had this week was a baggie of DS games (and one gameboy game) for 1.99.

• Brain Drain (GB)
  • That's So Raven
  • Jam Session
  • Brain Age 2
  • Spyro Eternal Darkness
  • Super Mario 64 DS
The bottom two are the big scores, the rest my kids can have...

I rarely make it to the thrift stores anymore. kids and work + suspended licence but try to stop when ever out with the fam.

other recent finds

uniden submersible 1.99 needs a new battery
cannon selphy thermal printer 2.99
pokemon trainer board game 1st price t .99

Guess your goodwill didnt think that bundle was valuable enough to be auctioned online. :p
might have been a mistake of putting it out but I grabbed it from the case as soon as I saw it. had to buy it right away as they would not hold it as I shopped the rest of the store. so had to purchase the ds games seperate. they said that's been company policy for more than a year now

my stores are useally void of good retro gaming stuff. they had a ds lite white on with metroid prime hunters and brain a age no charger for 24.99

might have been a mistake of putting it out but I grabbed it from the case as soon as I saw it. had to buy it right away as they would not hold it as I shopped the rest of the store. so had to purchase the ds games seperate. they said that's been company policy for more than a year now
as you should've.

Got an Assassin's Creed IV (Xbox 360) from a little hole in the wall used media store. It cost $7, which wasn't great, but that price is still better than what I paid for the digital copy on PS3.

Snagged Kingdom Hearts (PS2 - CIB) last week at my favorite local thrift for $1. Games are a rare find now and on the off occasion I find something worth having it's a nice surprise.

Nothing gaming today, but I did pick up a TomTom XXL 540M for $4.99, CIB.  I know it's pretty much obsolete, given smartphones pretty much double as GPS devices, but I'd prefer to have one to keep in my car just in case something happens to my cell service, or I end up in the middle of nowhere with no service.

I also found a Pinky and the Brain double bobble head today for 1.99, which I was even more excited about.  I love PatB.

Not my pic, but this is the one.  WB Store exclusive from 98:

s-l225.jpg

Nothing gaming today, but I did pick up a TomTom XXL 540M for $4.99, CIB. I know it's pretty much obsolete, given smartphones pretty much double as GPS devices, but I'd prefer to have one to keep in my car just in case something happens to my cell service, or I end up in the middle of nowhere with no service.

I also found a Pinky and the Brain double bobble head today for 1.99, which I was even more excited about. I love PatB.

Not my pic, but this is the one. WB Store exclusive from 98:

s-l225.jpg
love watching the show.

Haven't found too much lately but I had a decent haul today.

Twisted Metal SEALED (PS3) - $3

Star Wars Battlefront 1 (Xbox) - $3

Nascar Dirt to Daytona (PS2) - $1

I would have passed on TM since I'm not a big racing/car game person but it was sealed (and apparently comes with TM Black) so I bought it for kicks.  Nascar is a flip since it goes for $20 online easily. 

12695690_1041383785904655_838585195_o.jpg

Local thrift store ran their 50% off everything in the store for the holiday weekend. Worked Friday, so was surprised some good stuff

was stlll there when i got there frday night. Dreamcast game was 1 buck, as was the 2 nes games not Mario 2(lady who works there knows

me though, and gave me them for free) . DS and 3DS games range from 2.50 to 7.50 after discount, and Mario 2 being 10 bucks

Not the greatest scores but I recently got the following games.

Haunting Ground PS2 (No Manual but Disc is Mint) $40

Suikoden PS1 (Complete with near mint disc) $24

Rockband 3 (Xbox 360) (New, Sealed) $2

And I got the following PS2 game lot for $25 (All complete with manuals except Onimusha)

Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Resident Evil 4

Onimusha Warlords

Onimusha 2

Devil May Cry 2

Soul Caliber 3

Tekken 4

Gran Turismo 3

The Sims

The Sims Bustin Out

Well my finds are picking up a little bit so far this year.....and thats alright alright alright. Blue Controller S for $4, Super Mario Land for $3, and the $80 Target exclusive BB-8 for $25. I tested it for like 5 mins and it was kinda slow but all of my rechargeables needing charged so Ill try again when those are done.

Picked these up from my local Goodwill for 1.99 each at the Toy Section. Was looking deep since it was mostly stuffed animals, broken toys, and such. The Cashier asked me if they were Collectibles and remembering that they sell online, I said no, they're toys.

Pokemon $6

Zoids and Kirby $2 each
Lucky son of a gun.

That's something I never get... I've seen people talk to the cashiers about "OMG This is a $200 something or other and you had it for $5!" then wonder why they raise their prices/sell things online.

That's something I never get... I've seen people talk to the cashiers about "OMG This is a $200 something or other and you had it for $5!" then wonder why they raise their prices/sell things online.
I sure as heck never do that. When my wife and I check out we're just all "Yeah, buyin' lots of stuff today" and just pay and go, never mentioning the value of anything but smiling happily. Its really amusing when we fall all over each other in the car about what we scored. She gets some amazing scores with plush animals of all things....

[attachment=20484:20160215_064410.jpg]

Digimon World for $5, originally marked $10. However I was talking to the manager and he talked himself down due to "the case is damaged". 

is Zoids a good game? i got it on a whim last year for five but i have not gotten around to playing it.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Ph7Pbh6xI[/media]

Here is some gameplay. You can upgrade your Zoid with various weapons and such. Give it a try. It was definitely one of my favorite games on the Gamecube when I was a kid. If you don't want it, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Purchased this set today for $8. I would have liked it to be a bit cheaper, but it's all complete and in great condition.

kuyuw0C.jpg

xNjHHHx.jpg

aeUqzWh.jpg

Anybody know if the Donkey Konga Bongos are compatible with the Jungle Fever game? I'm sure they are, but I want to be 100% sure.

Purchased this set today for $8. I would have liked it to be a bit cheaper, but it's all complete and in great condition.

kuyuw0C.jpg

xNjHHHx.jpg

aeUqzWh.jpg

Anybody know if the Donkey Konga Bongos are compatible with the Jungle Fever game? I'm sure they are, but I want to be 100% sure.
ha. Saw one not CIB and they had it for $60. Could never get any deals as close as everyone here.

my local half price books has a 3do FZ-1 for 126 bucks. (controller / av cable with it.) Ive kinda always wanted one and recently got sick of trying to find one at a thrift store (don't think I ever will) 

Is that a good going rate for the system? I looks to be about ebay price but im not too familiar with 3do consoles.

No games today. But I'm not the type to walk out empty-handed. Especially after getting such a sweet consolation prize as this.

QN6Vo3h.jpg

Both complete with all their discs. Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 and 2. $3 and $3.50 respectively.

my local half price books has a 3do FZ-1 for 126 bucks. (controller / av cable with it.) Ive kinda always wanted one and recently got sick of trying to find one at a thrift store (don't think I ever will)

Is that a good going rate for the system? I looks to be about ebay price but im not too familiar with 3do consoles.
I would say that was a little high, but 3DOs seem to have climbed in price over the last five years. (Hasn't everything, cough) Try to get them down to $100 if you can. Also, you might want to dink around with the 4DO emulator to make sure the system is something you really want. It was an interesting chapter in gaming history, but several of the good games were ported to more common consoles and the rest... haven't aged particularly well. Still better than the Jaguar, though.

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles Magum w/ knife and extras for $5.99. Definitely one of my better finds.

[attachment=20591:image.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some old Metallica CDs for $1 a piece at the local thrift store: "Kill 'em All," "Ride the Lightning," "Master of Puppets."

i never see the old Metallica, only anything released after the black album, so I was happy to find them all at the same store. "...and justice for all" was also there but the disc was a mess.

Found some old Metallica CDs for $1 a piece at the local thrift store: "Kill 'em All," "Ride the Lightning," "Master of Puppets."

i never see the old Metallica, only anything released after the black album, so I was happy to find them all at the same store. "...and justice for all" was also there but the disc was a mess.
Nice find. I still had my originals from high school back in mid-80s, and they started to get disc rot, so I replaced them. Wish I could've done it this cheaply.

On a side note, did you catch them the other night on the Showtime show Billions? Pretty cool subplot involving main character flying buddies on his private jet to one of their shows in Quebec City.

Nice find. I still had my originals from high school back in mid-80s, and they started to get disc rot, so I replaced them. Wish I could've done it this cheaply.

On a side note, did you catch them the other night on the Showtime show Billions? Pretty cool subplot involving main character flying buddies on his private jet to one of their shows in Quebec City.
No, we cut the cable in October. I'll be sure to look it up though when the series is eventually available to stream.

Sure its not going for crazy numbers like right after his death...but how is this just sitting out front of the record stack?! $0.54!

Went out of town this weekend and didn't find a whole hell of a lot.  

Goldeneye 007 :wii: for $1.99

Also picked up Bumfights 1 & 2 for $1.99/ea.  I know there's a lot of controversy over it (including jailtime for the guys who made it), but it was impossible to pass up on something so obscure and hellworthy.

Picked up a sealed copy of Total War Medieval II Gold Edition for 50 cents at a local thrift store. Only reason I picked it up was to register it to my Steam Account. lol. It was on "clearance". Wish I went yesterday to see what else was on "clearance". 

The Thrift Store next door always had some great deals, just not a lot of inventory.  

For this week it is:

-8 CDs for a buck

-5 books for a buck

-$1.50 DVDs (including TV Seasons unless marked)

-Board Games for a buck.

Went and picked up Monopoly. Because why not, it was a buck. It is complete.

So, I've got good news and bad news. (for me) Good news is, a GW near me gets some good stuff every now and then. Lots of games, controllers, accessories, and even systems. Bad news is, they have adopted the "eBay standard" in terms of pricing. Freakin' sucks.

picked this up today for $40

it also came with the component cable

i tested it out and it works great and i like how clear the picture is. been check every gamecube i have seen for years and never found one and i almost just left without checking this time but i am glad my persistence finally paid off.

bread's done
Back