2019 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

Saw some gaming stuff today but nothing too interesting. Someone did have a Wii U out with one or two Wii U games and the rest Wii but wanted $250. Saw a few more Wii and 360 games.

Ended up picking up a 5 pack 80's comedy DVD with Ferris Bueller, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Airplane, Police Academy and Naked Gun for a quarter. Vudu code worked. Besides that, I got a pair of pliers for my tool drawer for a quarter and a Monkees cassette for my nephew for another quarter.

The local library ended their annual book sale with a $5 bag day. Found nothing game related. The wife and I grabbed some books, I found a few CDs (Living Colour, Patsy Cline), and a few decent DVDs:

Goon
Goon:Last of the Enforcers
Kite (2013 live action)
Lords of Dogtown (Blockbuster edition with exclusive Bonus Disk)
Menace II Society
Babylon AD

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed a copy of Harvest Moon 64 and Smash Bros. with the box for $30 on FB Marketplace, but that's all for me with regards to video games this past weekend.

This past weekend was pretty hot in Baltimore, but there were still enough yard sales happening to make it worth going out. First sale was a major let down though; the woman running it said she had games from the early 00's, but when I got there it was just two PS1 controllers and a PS1 GameShark. Turns out she thought that was the game. Sigh. Still, I grabbed those and a multi-tool for $5.

After that I drove across town to a sale that mentioned game systems and grabbed a Wii U and handful of games for $45. MUCH more satisfying than that first sale.

Next up were a couple of community sales. First one was smaller, but I grabbed Diddy Kong Racing DS for $0.50 and a PS2 with some sports games for $10. Not a great find, but I probably made the kid's day.

Second community sale was great, despite other game hunters already going through. Asked about games at one, and the sellers brought out a huge stack of Wii/Wii U games for $2 each. Score! Later on, an older couple also brought out some games but they turned out to be Dreamcast bootlegs their son picked up in the Philippines. I passed since I was low on cash. At the last sale I went to, another couple's older son brought out some OG XBox games and then a Watermelon N64 plus some games! I only had $10 left, but the guy accepted it for everything. I think something was funky with the N64, but I was able to salvage the shell for an RGB modded system I've been working on.

Fg0riFo.jpg

HVZ6sv1.jpg

rysF4Zv.jpg

5vmbFHS.jpg

Some recent finds.

I'll probably take alot of these to Gamestop for the next MWT.

DS/3DS games: $10 total

PS4 games: $9 total

XB360/Wii/PS3 Games: $1 each

Also got an iPad 4th gen for $25 and a Logitech Momo racing wheel for $5.

1Sl3co5.jpg

Yard sales were pretty dead here this past weekend, but I did a little scouting ahead and managed to pick a few good ones. Everything in the first pic was from the one sale I hit on Saturday and was $20. Stuff in the second pic were from a couple multi-family sales I hit on Sunday and was also $20 for everything. Final Fantasy Anthology was incomplete, but I thought it might be what I needed to complete my copy. Unfortunately I misremembered and it was stuff I already had (case, manual, and FFV disc), albeit in good condition.  Pez stuff was grabbed for the kiddo. 

7RT554Z.jpg

gBqf2ZB.jpg

Well i had 4 1968 s total and i did the magnet test. 2 where silver the other 2 were not. Not sure if they are what i got at flea market or not. You can see the difference when they are side by side.

Must.....get....up.....and......go......yardsale'n! I always have some little project or Ebay thing get in the way on Saturday mornings. Someone will buy something on Friday nite/early Sat morning and I have to get it all packaged up and get to the post office during the 2hrs theyre open on Saturday. By then its already pushing 90 degrees and sales are packing up so I just hit the thrifts.

Must.....get....up.....and......go......yardsale'n! I always have some little project or Ebay thing get in the way on Saturday mornings. Someone will buy something on Friday nite/early Sat morning and I have to get it all packaged up and get to the post office during the 2hrs theyre open on Saturday. By then its already pushing 90 degrees and sales are packing up so I just hit the thrifts.
That's why I have a 2-day handling time. Not worth it to rush for me. Though I'm not a Power Seller/Super Seller/eBay Holster/whatever so I don't gaf.

Yard sales are drying up and things are getting more competitive; I got beat to a box of games at the first yard sale I went to even though it wasn't listed on craigslist. I still found stuff there, and I managed to get to another sale a little early so I could get first dibs on a box I saw on Facebook Marketplace. Everything in the first pic was $10 total, and came from a couple of different sales. Everything in the second and third pics was all from the same yard sale and was $50. It all needs A LOT of love, but so far I've manage to get the SNES cleaned up and working. The bowling game was originally coated in that red plastic they use on Maker's Mark bottles,  and when I asked the seller why he told that apparently tequila was involved. Checks out.

QgwTfYZ.jpg

2Dz3p7z.jpg

x1LwHKe.jpg

I wasn't expecting this: a Roomba 770 for $5.00

It was sold as is because it hadn't been used in a year or two. It needs a good cleaning as well.

But surprisingly it works! I think it may be haunted though. Last night it turned on and started cleaning on it's own at 4am, even though I already attempted to clear it's memory. 

Edit: I removed the battery for a few minutes. I think that may have solved the issue

bo99bVv.jpg

I wasn't expecting this: a Roomba 770 for $5.00

It was sold as is because it hadn't been used in a year or two. It needs a good cleaning as well.

But surprisingly it works! I think it may be haunted though. Last night it turned on and started cleaning on it's own at 4am, even though I already attempted to clear it's memory.
For $5 you get a haunted Roomba and you like it!

That's why I have a 2-day handling time. Not worth it to rush for me. Though I'm not a Power Seller/Super Seller/eBay Holster/whatever so I don't gaf.
Even if you have one-day handling Saturday doesn’t count against you. eBay doesn’t expect you to ship Friday sales until Monday.

Weird that this was sitting out at 4pm. Paid $38 Total. All tested and working.[attachment=32560:20190801_213754.jpg]

This was a Craigslist deal. $100 for the Snes stuff. I also grabbed a Wii bundle that he had. No pics on that. It was for a white wii some wii motes and a few good games for $30. [attachment=32561:20190801_215639.jpg][attachment=32562:20190801_220236.jpg]

Super Streetfighter II

Zelda Link to the Past

Donkey Kong Country

Super Mario World

Final Fight 2 (Ripped Label)

Killer Instinct

F-Zero

Super Metroid

Went to probably 20 sales. Bought stuff at only 2 of them. Got Guitar Hero 5 Game Only for Xbox 360 for $2 and this Nes stuff for $50. Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt (Cart Only) Bubble Bobble & Tetris are Box and Manual Only. The others are all CIB. [attachment=32568:20190802_183558.jpg]

Battle Of Olympus

4 Quattro Adventures

Phantom Fighter

Blaster Master

Super Mario Bros 3

Uncanny X-Men

Pin-Bot

Adventures of Lolo

Nightmare On Elm street

Clash at Demonhead

Went to probably 20 sales. Bought stuff at only 2 of them. Got Guitar Hero 5 Game Only for Xbox 360 for $2 and this Nes stuff for $50. Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt (Cart Only) Bubble Bobble & Tetris are Box and Manual Only. The others are all CIB. 20190802_183558.jpg
Battle Of Olympus
4 Quattro Adventures
Phantom Fighter
Blaster Master
Super Mario Bros 3
Uncanny X-Men
Pin-Bot
Adventures of Lolo
Nightmare On Elmstreet
Clash at Demonhead
Awesome find. It’s been at least a decade since I’ve found CIB vintage Nintendo games.

Nothing too exciting an OG xbox with 2 controllers and hookups for $10. It has a manufacturing date of 2005

Also snagged RDR2 for Ps4 for $20

Passed on a $50 120gb PS3 with 1 six-axis controller and a $75 with garbage games

Went out to a sale this past weekend and unfortunately I was beat there by a guy who had apparently contacted the seller and knew there were games. Full disclosure: I did, too, but I didn't know exactly what would be there. Anyway, the guy got a bunch of really great stuff: first party NES games, first party GCN games, Silent Hill games for PS2, and more. I picked up the stuff he didn't grab or missed for $60. It's not a bad haul, but I would have liked to grab the rest for sure.

L7qBpXQ.jpg

GrkQnme.jpg

IiDZvEY.jpg

great finds. Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Que is a classic. My family and I are always quoting that CD and Surf and Turf.

I was up in Philly visiting the in-laws this weekend and went out yard saling while the grandparents were watching the kiddo. Stopped by a few sales but was a bit off my game since it's not my usual stomping ground. Most of the finds came from the first sale where it was a couple clearing out a house full of junk. Got the consoles, controllers, and OG XBox games for $65. The rest of the stuff in the second pic came from various other sales and were about $11. At the last sale I went to I got there a few minutes late and missed some JRPGs that would have been a nice addition to my collection, so I'm a little sore about that.

vUMkpGV.jpg

BxTBu1G.jpg

This last pic is from a Facebook pickup that I arranged during yard sale hours, so I'm counting it. There's some nice stuff to fill out some holes in my collection, and it was only $10. 

fA2DaSc.jpg

Yea I was pretty surprised when they brought them out. They said $5 a piece and I said ok. :p
Last time I got CIB games it was an out of the way sale that actually advertised games, I got there at 10, and they still had all of them — hard to believe now, but this was early 2000s. Turns out what they had was pretty much every SNES RPG with all maps, inserts, etc in mint condition for $5 each. At the time I made about $600 off of them — I know I could easily make $3,000+ with the same games today.

Sorry for no pics this time but I already took a majority of this into GS for trade in, but this is what I found over the last couple of weeks:

XB1:

Deadpool

XBONE controller

sealed Assassin's Creed game

All for like $9

A broken Genesis model 3 (missing switch, and AV cord) and 4 games:

Sonic 3

Sonic Spinball

Sonic Classic Collection

The Jungle Book

All for $20

PS4:

Injustice 2: Legendary Edition $2

Injustice 1: Ultimate Edition $2

Mortal Kombat X $2

Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition $2

Minecraft $2

Lego Ninjago the Movie $1

Lego Incredibles $1

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 $1

3DS

New Super Mario Bros 2 $1

Lego Batman 3 $1

Lego City Undercover $1

Dreamcast:

Jet Grind Radio $1- Was hiding out in a burnt stack of games

Also got two tall shot glasses from the Hard Rock Cafe Detroit for my co-worker who was looking for them for $6

Like I said I took most of this into GS already for their $5 extra bonus so no pics.

Hit up a couple of sales and a flea market around town and found a few things, but not much. Paid $31 and found some decent games to take advantage of the current GameStop promo.

El4oGyx.jpg

I've gotten quite a few games recently from yard sales and pawn shops for the Gamestop promo

$30 for this lot

LStmTa3.jpg

$17 for this lot

gEB0flX.jpg

$19 for this lot

LuKcoXl.jpg

$14 for these

NBpzHOU.jpg

$18 for the games, $2 for the calculator

A8WJPgm.jpg

this was a crazy find. all games were $2 each! and the black GBA SP with a couple games was $30

about half of the games got traded in to Gamestop for a decent profit

CfwEQPM.jpg

5uhQuKM.jpg

Da4TKZp.jpg

Stopped at two yard sales. No games, but one had some CDs, some DVDs and two Blus, almost everything was 50 cents a pop.

Primus - The Brown Album

Best of Janis Joplin (for my nephew)

Nirvana - From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah (for my brother)

Only movies I saw that I was interested in I had. Probably should've picked up the copy of The Losers on Blu for that price, but I have it and left it for the next guy.

The second one had girl's clothes out front and said the rest of the stuff inside. I wasn't in the mood for an indoor sale so I left.

I got the following things today:

NES console with 4 controllers, zapper and SMB/DH, SMB3, Dr Mario for $20

Genesis model 2 with Sega CD console (also model 2) and NBA Jam, that the seller says doesn't work for $5

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz sealed for $1

and the following for PSP:

Persona 1 with soundtrack $5

Naruto 3 $2

Jeanne D'Arc $2

I'll show my pick when home. Got a ps1 and 2 different sega genis systems and a box of mystery for 15 bucks. I haven't looked in the box could be more games or system's.

This upcoming Friday and Saturday is an annual road-long yard sale (called the “10-mile yard sale” here) so hopefully I’ll have some sweet finds.

Picked up a "500-in-1" console that looks like a NES for $5. Excellent condition - 2nd controller was still wrapped. There's a decent selection of games on it... The family's been playing lots of Tetris 2.

Also found the following for $1:

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (rental exclusive edition) DVD
Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog DVD (Sealed)
The Ventures - "Walk, Don't Run" CD

No pics cause lazy but
A glass pokeball coin thingy $4 yard
Mario super show $3. Yard
Metroid prime 1 gamecube $3 goodwill
Ultimate marvel game ds $2 goodwill

Went yard saling and flea marketing with some friends on Saturday. Only really found the stuff below, but I had a good time nonetheless. Paid about retail for Dragon Warrior 1+2, but I've really been after it lately. 

gOqYmLJ.jpg

Big find for the weekend, however, came on Sunday. I picked up the lot below from an ad on Nextdoor for $100. It's 66 NES games and there's a good number of them I don't have yet. I was a little late to responding to the ad so I'm surprised I got it, but I'm not complaining.

fbjF4pQ.jpg

All right so got some stuff today

Goodwill .49 cents each

Resident evil 4 wii
Cabelas survival wii
Wii sports
Naruto clash of ninja revolution wii
Namco Museum ps1
Fifa 16 steelbook ps4
Now i put an ad out that I'm buying ds lot's. This guy sold all this for 8 bucks
Metroid prime hunters
3 different versions of nintendogs
Over the hedge
Big brain academy
Zumas revenge
Mario hoops 3vs3
Pokemon ranger

Went yard saling and flea marketing with some friends on Saturday. Only really found the stuff below, but I had a good time nonetheless. Paid about retail for Dragon Warrior 1+2, but I've really been after it lately.

gOqYmLJ.jpg

Big find for the weekend, however, came on Sunday. I picked up the lot below from an ad on Nextdoor for $100. It's 66 NES games and there's a good number of them I don't have yet. I was a little late to responding to the ad so I'm surprised I got it, but I'm not complaining.

fbjF4pQ.jpg
Dragon Warrior III for the win!

Got to a yard sale down the road from my house and there was a yard sale across the road that I'd been to a few times over the years.

The first one was the advertised one and still setting up. All I found was an old pair of small Harbor Freight brand vise grip pliers for $1 as my dad said to keep an eye out for them as they break a lot.

Second one had a hundred or so CDs for 25 cents each. Pretty varied collection and I grabbed

Roksopp - Melody A.M.

The 80's Greatest Rock Hits - Leather & Lace (compilation of female rockers)

Miami Sound Machine - Eyes of Innocence

Billboard Top Hits - 1982

then found some for family. got my brother

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols

Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd (got home and noticed it's only disc 2. I was checking discs and all were in there and stopped. I grabbed it last to get to an even 8. I don't think he'll care.)

for my nephew, Who Wants To A Millionaire: The Album (I noticed this CD is the Canadian edition which apparently includes "Under Pressure" by Queen with David Bowie instead of "When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going" by Billy Ocean)

and for my sister, Olivia Newton-John - Back to Basics: The Essential Collection 1971–1992

Nothing too crazy a few DS games FF IV, Lego Star Wars Complete, Modern Warfare DS and a DBZ Broly figure in box for $13. Also got a Atari Flashback handheld and Michael Jackson Experience for the Wii for $3 total

Last week snagged Kirby Yarn, Rugrats on GC and Incredibles on GC for $4

Had some luck this weekend hitting some community sales to the southeast of the city. Spent about $70 total, which is a little more than usual, but the games came from a guy cleaning out his collection a bit and he knew what he had. Still, they were things I actually wanted.

myH5KL4.jpg

R8bfGYp.jpg

Flea market reseller was caught slipping. He put a bunch of gamecube games in a bag and only charged a dollar. If Hope they work we got

Super smash bros melee
Pokemon colosseum
True crime
Donkey konga
Mario party 7

Blugh, yard sales were absolutely abysmal for me this weekend. Got scooped at a couple of different community sales so the only things I came home with were a singing lobster and the Jingle All The Way OST for some gag gifts. 

I did, however, see sex toys for the first time at a sale. Also, there was a really cute litter of puppies.

:whistle2:& I did, however, see sex toys for the first time at a sale. Also, there was a really cute litter of puppies.
You gotta mess with people that put sex toys out at a yard sale. Start asking specific questions about their use, make up some quotes about reviews you've read about them or even have a mock sword fight if they look like the type of people that would wash them before putting them out.

I guess that's the key question.... were they NIP? Please say yes. :puke:

bread's done
Back