2020 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

My turn again? Bose Wave 3 and Sound Touch for $6, games for $3 apiece, and 2 Le Creuset pots for $15 and $20

ad7Owe7.jpg

My turn again? Bose Wave 3 and Sound Touch for $6, games for $3 apiece, and 2 Le Creuset pots for $15 and $20

ad7Owe7.jpg
I typically don't look at cookware. I know le cruset is a premium brand. Sweet score.
My coworker looks for a certain type of cookware that is radioactive, not dangerously so but it is neat to see it charge up the Geiger counter.
I haven't had as much time to thrift lately but I have been going to the salvation army and grabbing 5O cent CDs or sometimes for less depending on their promos. I found the second yanni CD, keys to imagination and discovered it's actually pretty good. I also grabbed a CD lot on Facebook marketplace with a bunch of Warren zevon and Leonard Cohen for ~50 cents each.
Not let cruset exciting but the thread isn't getting much traffic so I thought I would share

Not sure what happened between Aug-today but yeah I wasnt expecting that many Goodwill pickups! At the small thrift store I go to the ladies know me as "the library guy" and hold game stuff if they remember to so I dont have to go there everyday. They know Ill stroll in on Saturdays.

I could sell the Le Creuset for like $150+ apiece on Ebay but mom said she wants them! She already has a red set and and some orange and green ones! She gave me what I paid for them and said "well Christmas is taken care of....well unless I find something else I might need!" OH MOM!

Last edited by a moderator:
I havn't seen any video games at my local goodwill in months. like none. 

So I finally asked what was up.

The worker said they send absolutely all video games to shopgoodwill. 

SO thats me done at that store, no reason to go anymore. I dont understand why goodwills are doing this though. They are a nonprofit thrift shop. You would think they know the only reason people go in there is to find bargains. Not to mention Goodwills mainly exist to create jobs. If their entire shopping is moving to online, and people eventually. move to shop on there, what happens to all the workers in the stores?

I would understand why a FOR profit organization would do this (you simply get more money), but the whole point of goodwill is they are nonprofit. Stupid IMO. 

Not a thrift store find but my local library was having a media sale today. They had a bunch of video games from wii, ps3 era. A lot of rock band guitar hero marked at $10 each. No guitars or drums. Just game and case. I'm not surprised they were still there at that price. I did snag family feud 2012 wii for $2. Nice CIB. That was probably the least common game they had and was the only one marked $2. I also picked up the Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack and the Mortal Kombat cd by the Immortals for a dollar each

My summer thrift store, and yard sale (I am careful when I go) finds:

Minecraft on XBox One

sealed copy of Open Season on 360

Rick and Morty seasons 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray

Gotham Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD sealed

The Wonder Years season 1 sealed on DVD

Twilight Princess for the Wii for $2

Wii Sports

Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi for 360

bunch of common Wii, original X-Box, PS1, Ps2, and 360 games

Tetris 2 for NES

Soldier of Fortune for SNES

The best finds:

vintage giant Leonardo from TMNT 3, missing some pieces but looks good on my nerd shelf (this was at a church rummage sale literally right across the street from my house) for $1.50

Vintage Ninja Turtle graphic novels

Skyward Sword disc only Free (literally the only game worth it this lady had when she pulled out a small box of games)

Mel Brooks collection on Blu-Ray

a Yugioh duel disc thingy for $2

Some vintage Yugioh cards in rough shape but still some valuable ones for $6

A Brand new Sunbeam Stand Mixer (I had been wanting one for awhile for myself) for $25. Not the Kitchenaid one I was looking for but considering this brand goes for $100 new I'll take it

A Rival crockpot for like $5 (also wanted one of these)

and the best thing I found all summer was:

Vintage Pokemon cards including a base set (non-shadowless) Charizard for $10

This was over the last three or four months. But not a bad haul despite it all.

Not a thrift store find but my local library was having a media sale today. They had a bunch of video games from wii, ps3 era. A lot of rock band guitar hero marked at $10 each. No guitars or drums. Just game and case. I'm not surprised they were still there at that price. I did snag family feud 2012 wii for $2. Nice CIB. That was probably the least common game they had and was the only one marked $2. I also picked up the Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack and the Mortal Kombat cd by the Immortals for a dollar each
Surprised they had a sale. I work at a library and we were closed mid March-June 1st. We still arent even allowing people inside, so def no nasty donations being taken for our sales!

Surprised they had a sale. I work at a library and we were closed mid March-June 1st. We still arent even allowing people inside, so def no nasty donations being taken for our sales!
I'm in NY so we had our COVID peak early. Talking to the lady that was cashing people out, the have the sale on a year and had accumulated a lot of stuff from people cleaning out during the shut down. Our libraries have been open for a couple months now. They quarantine returns for 96 hours so I am assuming they do the same with donations

Had a good haul of games today at a Yard Sale $5 for 15 360 games. Most were common but the highlights were the following:

Ghostbusters

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Left 4 Dead

Disney Universe

Always nice to see CAGs finding good deals on game related merchandise at yard sales and thrift stores. 

$3 Tour hockey gloves, $5 for the Wii balance board and Campion dvds, $15 PS2, $3 apiece for the Xbox games (top 2 missing booklets), $1 TMNT VHS, $1 1st print signed Mankind hardback book, $2 for the Polk ac adapter and Vizio remote, $4 for Table Tennis, $9 for Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, $3 for the golden Mewtwo promo card, $1 for the Oasis cd, $6 for the Mickey frame with collectors pin, $3 for the Yomega kit, $3 apiece for the PS3 controller and Wii/PS2 games, Final Fantasy IX was $3 from Goodwill. The rest was $70 from a small thrift store.

8nTdGR0.jpeg
BWSTjF6.jpeg
ht5E1li.jpg
8WBlkvu.jpg
JQhWcka.jpg
y4bIPty.jpg

Might be the last garage sale find of the year as its gotten cold quick near me:

Platinum Gamecube with two controllers, 4 games and a memory card (no good games sadly) for $27

But on the positive side the thrift store by my house reopened after being closed for two months. I got the following:

Howard the Duck on blu-ray sealed

Child's Play blu-ray sealed

Mysims for Wii

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe- missing manual

Little Shop of Horrors on DVD

Some serious BULLSHIT at GW today. Walked in and saw a PS2 in the case, walked around the store, came back up, saw it still in the case, decide okay Ill get it. Wait in line for like 10 mins until its my turn at the counter. Just as Im walking up to the employee this other guy walks up and says he wants to look at the PS2. I said, "uhm Ive been waiting in line 10 mins to get that!". He says he talked to the employee about it when he 1st walked in and said he was gonna get it after he walked around. I said, "well its still in the case so its up for grabs....". The employee called up a manager and he sides with the other guy, "well if he asked about it first....."......"THEN THEY SHOULDVE PUT IT BEHIND THE COUNTER FOR HIM!". Then the dude looks at me and says, "you have to ask an employee to unlock the case for you if you see something"..... I ALMOST PUNCHED HIM IN THE fuckING FACE! I said, "dude dont lecture me about how Goodwill works I come here like everday! They always put stuff behind the counter for me if I want to walk around first!" I walk out and some girl behind me was like "thats fucking bogus dude, I saw you waiting in line while he was walking around!"

I found The State the complete series in minty condition at Savers. The $3.99 is definitely more than my preferred .49 cent price at salvation army but it's one I had been hoping to find. I also found reno 911 season 1 and flight of the conchords season one at GW for $1.49 each. I also bought Hot Shots! Dvd at salvation army. My local library also had the leftovers from their media sale for 50 cents each. I grabbed total recall dvd . It was the arnold version so I was happy with that

I had the time and lack of anxiety to hit a few yard sales the past couple of weekends (pandemic plus new baby equals no easy yard saling). First pic below is from a yard sale in my area that started up after a rainy morning, got everything in the pic for $30.

eZvvVcT.jpg

The finds below finally gave me the dopamine hit I've been wanting all year. I went to a sale that mentioned they had a Wii and spread out on the table was a bunch of SNES games. They said I could have them all for $1 and didn't really seem to want more when I offered, so $1 it was. Wii lot was from the same sale and was $10 (they just really seemed like they wanted to clean out the house). The last pic came from a variety of sales and was $14 all together. Not pictured: a 20" Vizio flatscreen for when I start helping out with public gaming events again.

7tE8wE8.jpg

2f3ELig.jpg

5KRHHij.jpg

Hi everyone. Its been a long time since i found anything with covid and all. Here is my finds from yesterday.

At goodwill:

ASUS VG248QE $25
A magic 8 ball by matte new $3
A Panasonic hc-20 compact cd/ipod player/radio $5

The asus works , but does anyone have recommendations on what settings?
Anyone still use this ASUS VG248QE?

N64 games, knife, and a not pictured flannel shirt for $6 at the small thrift! PS2 games and Sonic book for about $8 at Goodwill.

q8Sc5a7.jpg

This was a day to remember. I found some dreamcast games mixed in with the CDs at Amvets. $1 each chu chu rocket was on my want list too
Not sure why pic didn't share last time[attachment=34762:IMG_20201015_163303842.jpg][attachment=34762:IMG_20201015_163303842.jpg]

Got two brand new Amiibo at the local thrift store for $6 apiece:

ROB Famicom colors

Lucas

Not the greatest deal but this is the first time (for me at least) that I have seen Amiibo at a thrift store.

Over the last few weeks I found:

An in box 500gb Minecraft Xbox one S bundle (no controller) for $79

Wii U 32gb with extra pro controller and Mario kart 8 for
$79 (this also had some downloaded games on it)

GBASP ags-101 w/ little mermaid for $24

Sega Genesis model 1 console only $10

Spice orange GameCube controller $5

Rabbids Wii U $3
Smash bros Wii U $3 (also had a disc of pokken tournament inside)
Rayman legends XBO $5
Spider-Man, Aladdin, tazmania, virtua racing genesis for $4 a pop
Emperors new groove ps1 $3
Final fantasy viii missing disc 2 $3
Twisted metal 2 $3
Qbert ps1 $3

A go pro hero 3 with some attachments chargers batteries for $5

Over the last few weeks I found:
An in box 500gb Minecraft Xbox one S bundle (no controller) for $79
Wii U 32gb with extra pro controller and Mario kart 8 for
$79 (this also had some downloaded games on it)
GBASP ags-101 w/ little mermaid for $24
Sega Genesis model 1 console only $10
Spice orange GameCube controller $5
Rabbids Wii U $3
Smash bros Wii U $3 (also had a disc of pokken tournament inside)
Rayman legends XBO $5
Spider-Man, Aladdin, tazmania, virtua racing genesis for $4 a pop
Emperors new groove ps1 $3
Final fantasy viii missing disc 2 $3
Twisted metal 2 $3
Qbert ps1 $3
A go pro hero 3 with some attachments chargers batteries for $5
Awesome score. I would love to find a WiiU for cheap that I could soft mod. So.many systems you can put on there

Yeah I cant believe that most of the discs dont actually need cleaned but we have a really nice buffer at the library. Ive seen it save many beat up discs! Also forgot to point out that the Tony Hawk went back because when I got home it was just the skateboard. No game or usb adapter so it wasnt worth the price to me.

Not the most exciting  video game find but I scored Madden 13 for the Wii (Complete) at Salvation Army for 2 quarters.  It's not as valuable as it once was but still a cool find

$130ish. Sadly some idiot left batteries in the TMNT and Power Rangers toys so they probably are just shelf pieces now. Trying to revive them! Everything else works. One Wii has Homebrew Channel already setup, that's nice. Only got the PS2 game because its sealed. Back right is some NZXT rgb fans and a Hue+ and some cables. Haven't tested those.

RBuDoZv.jpg

$130ish. Sadly some idiot left batteries in the TMNT and Power Rangers toys so they probably are just shelf pieces now. Trying to revive them! Everything else works. One Wii has Homebrew Channel already setup, that's nice. Only got the PS2 game because its sealed. Back right is some NZXT rgb fans and a Hue+ and some cables. Haven't tested those.

RBuDoZv.jpg
Man, looking at the power rangers toy reminds me of my 1st one. It was a Jason’s red Dragonzord. Don’t have it anymore since moving as a kid.

Anyway, bone dry for games, but found:

Buffy the vampire slayer dvd season 1,2, 4,5,and 6.
Still need to find season 3 and 7.

System of a Down toxicity red cd cover with bonus disc.

Saw someone post above about it. What’s the difference between mine 2 disc red cover vs the one in picture on the disc quote” get this album “

You guys are lucky. I haven't been thrifting this past 4 months every since my work schedule got change and most thrift stores here in LA closed at 6pm (due to Covid) and I get off at 6pm. Plus I don't do thrifting on Weekend because of too much people and I usually walk out the store empty handed.

Spotted a yard sale while visiting my Mom out in the boonies on Saturday morning. They didn't have any games they wanted to get rid of, but I did pick up a ludicrous amount of legos for the kiddo for $30. They threw in the Space Jam mug for free.

0eHtDAf.jpg

Falling behind again! GBASP bundle and DS game was $15 (spent $15 on a new battery so im at $30), $3 apiece for the guitars and PS2 controllers, 50 cents for the Pokemon VHS, $6 for the LEGO boat (spent about $20 getting the missing parts ordered), $4 for the PS2 controller and Roller Coaster game, PS2/controller/memory card/power cable- $15, Console only Wii-$6. I also grabbed a PS1 for $20 with a PS2 controller, power cable, and a Sega Genesis composite cable of all things! Ended up taking it back because it and the controller didn't work, NES bundle was $30, Guitar and PS1 games were $3 apiece, Wii games were $4 apiece, Wii bundle/PS3 super slim pic was $72, Sesame Street Lunchbox and Thermos-$2, Wii ac adapter-$2, Disney Infinity stuff and the Hellraiser Chatter Beast figure-$6 PHEWWW

QxwUUbc.jpg
VNiY548.jpg
MtA1kuB.jpg
DrDHz8z.jpg
OoDfnmA.jpeg
dbhFVZJ.jpeg
M9puD3L.jpg
igKa91O.jpeg

Slow week. $6 console only Xbox, $1 sealed Inuyasha Season One, $3 GHWT for Wii

WzJH6wC.jpeg
I haven't been out much since the covid spike in my area. At least they didn't shut everything down this time. Amvets near me stopped accepting toys. Not sure if that's covid related. I can't imagine the other stuff they take is any safer. Salvation army also raised their Cd and dvd prices to 99 cents from 49 cents. That price bump really cooled off my desire to go hunting. The physical media stuff doesn't really move in my experience. I don't see how a price increase will help with that

I really should stop trying to sell Xboxs on Ebay! I only paid $6 for that Xbox and had cables and a game for it. But the only controller I had was the $20 one I got for my personal Xbox and shipping was gonna be $30! I only sold it for $65 shipped. I ended up cancelling the order, the guy didnt say anything so I guess he didnt care. He looked like a reseller himself anyways, 3 years on Ebay with over 4000 feedback and a ton of game stuff for sell. Anyways, the lady at the small thrift held this stuff from me! $15, top 3 games are sealed.

h0U263v.jpg

bread's done
Back