20GB PS3 $380 at Gamestop.com

Not bad for a new one, but no store within 100 miles has it in stock of me. Plus I dont have the money right now, spent it all on the TRU sale

[quote name='nikelecious91']Asked this in another thread..

Does Edge work with this? I don't have one but I could borrow my friends if Edge works online.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the system is new.

[quote name='nikelecious91']Asked this in another thread..

Does Edge work with this? I don't have one but I could borrow my friends if Edge works online.[/QUOTE]

Edge doesn't work on systems or new items, of which this is both.

I am thinking of ordering one of these myself. I'm still a bit unsure. I really, really need Wifi and I was hoping that the 60GB would drop to around $450 or less, but that may not happen. Plus it seems a lot of retailers around me are out of the 60gb.

The 20 gig one has no wifi, right? So you're saving $20 and gaining the EE vs the 40 gig, but you're losing wifi? 40 gig model will still have wifi built in, won't it?

MjC

Shipping to Hawaii hurts this deal for me, but there seems to be some 20 gigs at a store a few miles away from me. I'll give them a call later to confirm the price and the availability. I'm still hoping Amazon.com will have some sort of deal with their 60 gig models, but if they don't, this might be the best deal I'm going to get for a backwards compatible PS3.

[quote name='MCalvert1']The 20 gig one has no wifi, right? So you're saving $20 and gaining the EE vs the 40 gig, but you're losing wifi? 40 gig model will still have wifi built in, won't it?

MjC[/quote]

correct, but imo BC > WiFi

I'll admit I somewhat regret getting my 20GB, since it's quite difficult to get WiFi with this. But those who want PS2 BC, don't care about WiFi, and want a PS3 for $400 or less, this is your ticket.

really hoping to see these clearanced a little lower around November 2nd. I really wanna buy one but cant quite pull the trigger at 380. 349 would probably do it, and 299 would be instant impulse buy.

I think this will be the lowest it goes, because I honestly don't see it lasting at this price, because there are many who want full BC at $400 or less.

[quote name='aihuman']In for one.Anyone know free shipping code.[/QUOTE]
How much is shipping?

I don't understand why they couldn't take the bill for a $400 item's shipping.

[quote name='MatLu']Shipping to Hawaii hurts this deal for me, but there seems to be some 20 gigs at a store a few miles away from me. I'll give them a call later to confirm the price and the availability. I'm still hoping Amazon.com will have some sort of deal with their 60 gig models, but if they don't, this might be the best deal I'm going to get for a backwards compatible PS3.[/QUOTE]

There is a $10 off coupon to help bare the burden of shipping.

diamond is the code.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll admit I somewhat regret getting my 20GB, since it's quite difficult to get WiFi with this. But those who want PS2 BC, don't care about WiFi, and want a PS3 for $400 or less, this is your ticket.[/QUOTE]

I had no problem adding WiFi to mine. It cost me about $25.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll admit I somewhat regret getting my 20GB, since it's quite difficult to get WiFi with this. But those who want PS2 BC, don't care about WiFi, and want a PS3 for $400 or less, this is your ticket.[/QUOTE]

Really? I had no problem adding WiFi to mine. It cost me about $25.

[quote name='opportunity777']There is a $10 off coupon to help bare the burden of shipping.

diamond is the code.[/QUOTE]Forgot all about the Xbox Live Diamond thing. Thanks man.

[quote name='zewone']How much is shipping?

I don't understand why they couldn't take the bill for a $400 item's shipping.[/quote] I wasnt charged shipping.???I entered the SAVER code for free shipping but it said it didnt apply to consoles.I choose Value shipping 2.99.I guess the code did work.:cool:Overnight shipping is 9.99,2 day shipping is 6.99 and 3 day shipping is 5.99.Total 411.** plus California state tax.

Shipping and tax will literally kill this deal, it will come out at around $400 which is a price for a 40GB version (Amazon doesn't charge shipping/tax) so unless you really are crazy about BC go for 20GB, but I see no reason why not wait and get yourself a 40GB.

[quote name='Mr. Pink']Shipping and tax will literally kill this deal, it will come out at around $400 which is a price for a 40GB version (Amazon doesn't charge shipping/tax) so unless you really are crazy about BC go for 20GB, but I see no reason why not wait and get yourself a 40GB.[/QUOTE]
Anyone buying the 20GB is interested in BC.

I bought the 20gb ps3 because Im interested in backwards compatibility.I cant justify spending $400 for the 40gb SKU and having only 5 great next gen games to play on the console.As for wifi,I could just use my laptop as a bridge.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']correct, but imo BC > WiFi[/quote]

I disagree. Wifi > BC. Wifi = no wire, because sometimes you just can't run an ethernet to your PS3. That and if you have PS2 games, you should already have a pS2

[quote name='Tideas']I disagree. Wifi > BC. Wifi = no wire, because sometimes you just can't run an ethernet to your PS3. That and if you have PS2 games, you should already have a pS2[/QUOTE]

WiFi is something you can easily add on later and for an affordable price. BC is not.

[quote name='Mr. Pink']Shipping and tax will literally kill this deal, it will come out at around $400 which is a price for a 40GB version (Amazon doesn't charge shipping/tax) so unless you really are crazy about BC go for 20GB, but I see no reason why not wait and get yourself a 40GB.[/QUOTE]

But if you aren't crazy about Wifi or a 20GB larger harddrive then the 20GB is a better deal. Plus both Wifi and a bigger harddrive are cheap and easy to add. Additionally Amazon does charge shipping in some states.

[quote name='opportunity777']WiFi is something you can easily add on later and for an affordable price. BC is not.[/quote]

BC you don't have to add on. You have your PS2 to use. The effort to have a PS2 sitting next to the PS3 is a lot easier than trying to add Wifi to a 20gig

[quote name='Tideas']BC you don't have to add on. You have your PS2 to use. The effort to have a PS2 sitting next to the PS3 is a lot easier than trying to add Wifi to a 20gig[/QUOTE]
$20 wifi adapter versus a $129 system?

Logic fails.

[quote name='Tideas']BC you don't have to add on. You have your PS2 to use. The effort to have a PS2 sitting next to the PS3 is a lot easier than trying to add Wifi to a 20gig[/QUOTE]
Of course, with the $100+ you'll spend on memory cards, extra controllers, cables, and accessories for that PS2, not to mention lacking the ability to run games with upsampling and the smoother filter that the PS3 offers, the PS2 doesn't seem to be nearly as compelling an offer as having it built into the PS3. Some games even run better on the PS3 through BC than they do on the original PS2, oddly enough.

And Wifi is easy to add...

[quote name='zewone']$20 wifi adapter versus a $129 system?

Logic fails.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Plus the PS3 upscales PS2 games which can make them look a lot better so that provides something that you can't get anywhere but on a PS3.

This is so tempting. This is the kind of deal I have been waiting for

edit - $403 after tax and shipping, it's worth it for me with the full BC since I have been waiting on a PS2, and I really want GTA 4.

But Tideas, you act as if EVERYONE wants WiFi when some of us are not even sure they would be going online with the PS3 in the first place.

Now, if this were only about $50-100 cheaper and NO ONE had made a fuckin thread to point out that it dropped in price again(it was $449 the other day when I checked), then these things might have lasted until my cheapass would have enough to splurge on a PS3.

With a thread pointing out its cheaper price, these things won't last and I'll either be stuck buying a used 20gb or one of the god awful 40gb models that includes the stupid WiFi but gets rid of PS2 BC. And killer9, the only reason I'd get the 5 free movies, would be to sell them because just like my PS2s, I don't plan on playing any movies on the PS3 whenever I get one.

I bought a 20gb for 400 when the 60gb price drop was announced from someone on half.com. Don't go online with it much. When I do it's to update the system and maybe to grab a demo. I use mine for games and movies. I also noticed earlier today that they were still at 449 so this drop happened in the last 8 hours.

The 60gb says back ordered but then if you click on it to go into the details, it lets you add it to your cart. Regardless, there's a lot more of these than the 20gbs left out there if you do the store search. I recommend people keep an eye on the 60GB price because I can't see these staying at 500 much longer.

When I went into gamestop today a worker said they received an email that the 60 gb ps3s will come with a free game starting tomorrow. Choice of games was Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm and some others I didn't care about.

[quote name='inv']When I went into gamestop today a worker said they received an email that the 60 gb ps3s will come with a free game starting tomorrow. Choice of games was Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm and some others I didn't care about.[/quote]

This interests me greatly and would probably be the deciding factor between whether I go with the 60gig or the 20gig.

Also, while I'm sure the answer is no, is there anyway to use trade-in credit towards purchases on their web site?

The 40GB PS3 doesn't have Wifi either for anyone who actually cares (if I actually wanted it, I'd rather have an external adapter of my choice).

I would probably buy this or the Best Buy deal if Sony hadn't dropped backwards compatibility from future PS3 models. That's made my interest in the system drop to about zero.

Just to clarify, you're saying you wouldn't buy this 20gb PS3 (with full backward compatibility) because the newer PS3s don't have backward compatibility? There are plenty of fine reasons not to buy a PS3 (too expensive, don't like the game selection, etc.) but this doesn't make much sense.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The 40GB PS3 doesn't have Wifi either for anyone who actually cares (if I actually wanted it, I'd rather have an external adapter of my choice).

I would probably buy this or the Best Buy deal if Sony hadn't dropped backwards compatibility from future PS3 models. That's made my interest in the system drop to about zero.[/quote]

If they still accepted their own gift cards I would buy one, itching to get rid of the $100 credit or so that I have.

What gives with that anyway? EB had a system set up when they were still separate, I don't get why they can't use it.

Yeah that is annoying, I have about $70 of credit I would have liked to use. I'll just have to buy the memory card adapter and PS2 to PS3 controller adapter in store so I can use the credit (I hope the prices are the same in store), since there is no way I'll buy a game there.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The 40GB PS3 doesn't have Wifi either for anyone who actually cares (if I actually wanted it, I'd rather have an external adapter of my choice).[/quote]Incorrect. The 40GB has WiFi.

PLAYSTATION 3 40GB Specification
Console
CPU Cell Broadband Engine (Cell/B.E.)
GPU RSX

Sound
Dolby 5.1ch, DTS 5.1ch , LPCM 7.1ch, AAC

Memory
256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
HDD 2.5" Serial ATA40GB
I/O USB 2.0x2

Communication
Ethernet X1 (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g Included
Bluetooth 2.0 Included (EDR)
Wireless controller (Bluetooth) Included

AV Output
Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI OUT x1
AV MULTI OUT x1
DIGITAL OUT x1 (OPTICAL) BD/DVD/CD Maximum Read Speed BD 2x (BD-ROM)

Drive
DVD 8x (DVD-ROM)
(Read Only) CD 24x (CD-ROM)
Dimensions Approximately 12.75in (W) x 3.86in (H) x 10.8in (D)

Weight
Approximately 11 lbs.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I think this will be the lowest it goes, because I honestly don't see it lasting at this price, because there are many who want full BC at $400 or less.[/quote]

Agreed, it will probably go lower. Price seems to keep slowly dropping on the system. However, I do think the 40GB might be a hot seller to the general public. If not, hope this is not the next 3DO on our hands.;)

bread's done
Back