24: The Game Pre-Order Bonuses at EB & GS

[quote name='Scorch']Be sure to check out the latest gameplay videos -- looks really, really bad..[/QUOTE]

I have the OPM demo and enjoyed it. A lot. My only grip is that the clock is in military time when the actual show is not.

Yeah I also enjoyed the demo. Anyone know if we have to have a internet connection on our mobile phone to get the downloaded bonus? I canceled my internet on my phone because I never used it.

[quote name='Stoneage']Off topic....but has anyone read those 24 novels they have out? I can't bring myself to buy one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have.

I'm working on the third one that just came out this past Tuesday. The overall stories are pretty good. The books aren't as dramatic as the TV show, however. I think that's just the medium's fualt, not the authors. If you're a 24 fan they're worth the price of admission. Wal-Mart carries them for $4.88, which is a steal.

[quote name='viewtiful7']If it's at least decent I'll probably get it because I love the show... never miss it![/QUOTE]

And that's exactly the type of person they're shooting for with this. I'm predicting somewhere between a 4.0 and 5.0 score on IGN, if even that high.

Bonus Offer! - Order 24: The Game nad

game nad? okay!

I tried the demo. I didnt think it was too hot (think Getaway). The presentation is top notch though with the time counter at the bottom of the screen, multiple split screens, etc. It's just like the show. It'll make a good rental

Presentation was great, but gameplay? What a disappointment!!! I will still sadly get this when it's bargain bin fodder, cause I'm a fan of the show.

So was I wrong in my initial assessment of calling it a cross between The Getaway and Dead to Rights? That's what I said when I saw the first video. The presentation looks cool (except I heard that even though it's real time, it b0rks up some things.. like Tony will talk about going somewhere, it'll show Jack, then Tony will be arriving somewhere, even though it's only 30 seconds later).. but the gameplay looks AWFUL.

[quote name='Scorch']So was I wrong in my initial assessment of calling it a cross between The Getaway and Dead to Rights? That's what I said when I saw the first video. The presentation looks cool (except I heard that even though it's real time, it b0rks up some things.. like Tony will talk about going somewhere, it'll show Jack, then Tony will be arriving somewhere, even though it's only 30 seconds later).. but the gameplay looks AWFUL.[/QUOTE]

Gameplay felt like a faster paced Getaway. It just felt so unfinished that I could see myself getting motion sickness from the wild camera angles, and the awkward movements. The driving missions felt like I was playing a budget PS1 game...although some of the mini games were cool. The one in the demo had you checking various buildings with x-ray vision (?) from an aerial shot, to confirm locations of snipers before time ran out.

Another one was an interrogation sequence, which I liked as well.

[quote name='Scorch']And that's exactly the type of person they're shooting for with this. I'm predicting somewhere between a 4.0 and 5.0 score on IGN, if even that high.[/QUOTE]
It's Alias all over.

It's in this month's OPM. Yeah, I agree with the previous posters: shitty camera, dumb enemy AI, awful driving sequence. But there's potential there. I like the RE4 style aiming, and the story seems faithful to the 24 experience. If the fixed the camera and the "take cover" system, this could be a good game. As it stands, it's broken.

[quote name='Scahom1']Another one was an interrogation sequence, which I liked as well.[/QUOTE]

That sequence was damn near perfect. I thought it was the freshest gameplay element in a long ass time.

[quote name='alive741']How did you guys get the demo?[/QUOTE]

OPM 101.

Edit:
Official PlayStation Magazine. It has Hideo Kojima. Can't miss it. ;)

[quote name='Scorch']And that's exactly the type of person they're shooting for with this. I'm predicting somewhere between a 4.0 and 5.0 score on IGN, if even that high.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right, but when I say decent I mean like 7-8 or higher from IGN.

[quote name='viewtiful7']You're probably right, but when I say decent I mean like 7-8 or higher from IGN.[/QUOTE]

I think it'll get a 7 from a non-24 fan if it plays like the demo did.

In case you guys don't know, check out the Jacktracker. My buddy showed me this about a week ago. I also just made a OTT thread about it if you guys care. ;)

[quote name='mkelehan']From the team that brought us Primal. Great...[/QUOTE]

Hey, Primal's not half bad. Sure it didn't light the VG world on fire like GOW, but it was a decent action/adventure game.

I've played the 24 demo, not too shabby, though I've never, ever seen an episode of it.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Hey, Primal's not half bad. Sure it didn't light the VG world on fire like GOW, but it was a decent action/adventure game.

I've played the 24 demo, not too shabby, though I've never, ever seen an episode of it.[/QUOTE]

IMO Primal is a very solid game, with solid presentation value. Ghost Hunter (also by SCEE Cambridge) is a really cool game as well. Find it hard to believe 24 is going to of lesser quality.

I hope it's a good game. I really want to know what happens between season 2 and season 3, since season 3 didn't address the season 2 cliffhanger. :roll:

[quote name='Kaijufan']I hope it's a good game. I really want to know what happens between season 2 and season 3, since season 3 didn't address the season 2 cliffhanger. :roll:[/QUOTE]

There wasn'y any real need to address it. It was a failed assination attempt two years prior. It was brought up at the end of day four if you remember.

All that's known about the story so far is that it covers Kim and Chase joining CTU. So it's pre-Salazar undercover op.

[quote name='WebScud']There wasn'y any real need to address it. It was a failed assination attempt two years prior. It was brought up at the end of day four if you remember.

All that's known about the story so far is that it covers Kim and Chase joining CTU. So it's pre-Salazar undercover op.[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen season 4 yet. :cry:
I guess that having another assassination storyline would have felt like a rehash, but I wish they would have done more to address it during the third season, besides having Palmer feel weak for the first few episodes. However, I did like Palmer's third season storyline, especially since Zoe was in it. ;)

[quote name='mkelehan']From the team that brought us Primal. Great...[/QUOTE]

Personally, I loved Primal

Scree for the win! Too bad early 16volt changed then died and what is left is now the garbage they call ringer..

[quote name='Kaijufan']I haven't seen season 4 yet. :cry:
I guess that having another assassination storyline would have felt like a rehash, but I wish they would have done more to address it during the third season, besides having Palmer feel weak for the first few episodes. However, I did like Palmer's third season storyline, especially since Zoe was in it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh my. Day 4 was the best yet! Rent/buy it now! :whistle2:D

Day 5 is shapping up nicely, but the last two hours have been kinda slow compared the the high octane start.

[quote name='screwkick']This game needs to be on XBOX soon![/QUOTE]

[quote name='cjmunoz']It's being published by Sony, so there's no chance of that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a PS2 exclusive. I thought everyone had a PS2 anyway. :whistle2:#

[quote name='WebScud']http://www.2kgames.com/24/site.html

That game's site went live sometime today. And it's fucking sweet. Really fucking sweet.[/QUOTE]

The opening flash intro is awful. I hope the game lets you move in two directions at once instead of walking forward, stopping, turning left, resume walking. I don't understand why you're so hyped.. i'm a huge 24 mark and I think this game looks like a steaming pile.. to each their own, I guess.

[quote name='Scorch']The opening flash intro is awful. I hope the game lets you move in two directions at once instead of walking forward, stopping, turning left, resume walking. I don't understand why you're so hyped.. i'm a huge 24 mark and I think this game looks like a steaming pile.. to each their own, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the intro was lame. But did you explore the site? The are some actor interviews, backgrounds, and some other sweet stuff like the interogation game, which is straight from the game/demo. Maybe I'm blinded by 24ness, but I think the site is pretty sweet.

bread's done
Back