24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

[quote name='farfus']Yeah hard to believe its finally gonna be over, ive watched since day 1.....[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Its been almost 9 years since I first heard about 24 and from the moment I heard the premise I knew I'd like it. I even remember during the first season when it almost didn't make it back after the Christmas hiatus. I'll be sad to see 24 go but I've had a great time watching it.

I still think its kind of a 1-2 punch with Lost and 24 ending within a day of each other.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Agreed. Its been almost 9 years since I first heard about 24 and from the moment I heard the premise I knew I'd like it. I even remember during the first season when it almost didn't make it back after the Christmas hiatus. I'll be sad to see 24 go but I've had a great time watching it.

I still think its kind of a 1-2 punch with Lost and 24 ending within a day of each other.[/QUOTE]

1-2-3 for me. Law and Order has it's series finale after 24.

Damn this is a tough choice... 2 Hour Chuck Season Finale or 2 Hour 24 Series Finale??
All I can say is Thank God for DVR!

[quote name='wildcpac']I still remember Fox having tons of commercials for 24 during the 2001 MLB Playoffs and World Series.[/QUOTE]

I remember that. I didn't start watching until Season 4, though, but after watching that year I bought the box sets of 1-3 and watched them a couple per night for about a month with a friend. Good times!! Here's to the finale tonight! :beer:

Damn, wish I had started this on Netflix earlier so I could watch this as it happens. I'm only up to S3/E1 right now. These seasons take forever to get through. Liking it so far though.

I bought the season 1-5 box set and then season 6, so I'm still pretty new to the series. Season 7 was the first I watched live.

I'm a bit sad to see it go, but at the same time it had gotten a bit stale as there's only so many fresh angles to take on a characters stopping a new terrorist/political threat each season. I suppose part of that can be having watched all 8 seasons over the past 2 years or so, vs. over the past 9.

Very excited for the finale tonight though!

[quote name='dmaul1114']I bought the season 1-5 box set and then season 6, so I'm still pretty new to the series. Season 7 was the first I watched live.

I'm a bit sad to see it go, but at the same time it had gotten a bit stale as there's only so many fresh angles to take on a characters stopping a new terrorist/political threat each season. I suppose part of that can be having watched all 8 seasons over the past 2 years or so, vs. over the past 9.

Very excited for the finale tonight though![/QUOTE]

Wow that's exactly my story with 24, bought seasons 1-6 on dvd and watched them all, started watching weekly with season 7. And I feel similarly about season 8, I think it's time to end the show.

I really don't like what they've done with President Taylor this season--especially with the threat she just levied.

Just not believable for the character who sent her own daughter to prison last season to go so far the other way for the sake of a treaty (not like it's any real guarantee of lasting peace) and/or her legacy.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I really don't like what they've done with President Taylor this season--especially with the threat she just levied.

Just not believable for the character who sent her own daughter to prison last season to go so far the other way for the sake of a treaty (not like it's any real guarantee of lasting peace) and/or her legacy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's one of my gripes as well this season. But it was still a good scene.

I'm OK with it. When someone has power of that level and starts worrying about their legacy there's no telling how much they could be corrupted and what they'll do to guarantee it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I really don't like what they've done with President Taylor this season--especially with the threat she just levied.

Just not believable for the character who sent her own daughter to prison last season to go so far the other way for the sake of a treaty (not like it's any real guarantee of lasting peace) and/or her legacy.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who would be seen as a key figure in bringing about lasting peace in this area would be lauded for generations to come. This idea of bringing peace this this region is something that most presidents have tried to achieve and have failed at. Legacy is important to most presidents and it is a factor in many decisions that are made later in their terms. Just look at what president bush did in his second term to try and salvage his.

I get that to an extent--it just seemed that Taylor was above that given her actions in Season 7.

And again, it's just a treaty. No simple treaty would bring lasting peace to the middle east. That requires fundamental cultural/societal changes among all involved.

So not much legacy to bring about a peace treaty that's likely to fall apart rapidly given the instability in the region--as the first half of this seasons showed Hassan's country was far from completely behind the treaty. And the 2nd half has shown the Russian's don't want it.

Thus what reason does Taylor have to believe it will last and enhance her legacy, vs. fall apart and be a sore spot on her record?

When Jack looked up at the drone while he was on the phone so Chloe could see him, the blood on his mouth made it look like he had lipstick on.

[quote name='dmaul1114']That was a pretty hollow ending if there's not more.....[/QUOTE]

Nope, no more. I'm sure once they knew this was going to be the end they probably reworked some things. It actually was a bit hollow, but it will tie in to a movie pretty cleanly, so I don't see how they really could've done a lot better.

And that's it......again a bit hollow and melodramatic ending after the crazy drama of the 2nd half of the season.

Fine with Jack just walking away, would have liked to have seen more of the aftermath of Taylor going public--bit of her speech, reaction of the Russian president etc.

But I suppose the movie(s) will deal with all that stuff hopefully. That's the problem is this was really just a pretty ok season finale, but not much of a series finale IMO. Which I guess is ok since the story isn't over, unlike Lost which left way to much unanswered with no future work planned.

Oh well, two days and two so-so finales. One more on Thursday for Flashforward and then I'm done with TV for a while!

Lost was a very good finale. A show that only sporadically answered questions has no obligation to wrap everything up in a tidy little bow.

If you thought those were so-so finales then you're probably going to hate Flash Forward's season series finale.

Yeah, there's no way Flashforward's finale doesn't blow. As for Lost, I've said enough on that in the Lost thread, so no need to get OT and repeat it here. Good, but not great.

Backwards clock was a nice end I guess. Jack and Chloe should've had something to say at the end there. Maybe 'I love you', but I guess that worked too. Unless I missed something, did Jack kill anyone during this finale? You had a couple of nice showdowns, one with Chloe and Jack and then Logan offing the one guy and nearly himself, but that was about it.

As a series finale, it could've been better. The last part especially. They should've just said fuck it, we'll bring back some dead people now for some kind of meaningless confrontation. Would it have made sense? No, but it would've been awesome!

Yeah, but again it's not really a series finale. Just a TV series finale--series will live on with at least one movie, so they have more time to come up with a better try finale.

As a season finale, it was pretty good, just felt holy as it lacked any real super dramatic moments as all the twists etc. had been revealed before and Jack's craziness peaked in the prior episode. So it felt a little, tad bit flat compared to some other 24 season finales. But not bad.

[quote name='wildcpac']So 24 is going to become The Fugitive Part 2 for the movie.[/QUOTE]

You've already seen the script? Wow...

Taking the last two episodes as a whole, I thought it was very good.. 8.5/10

My jaw dropped when
the president confronted/threatened Mrs. Hassan...I never much liked the president but that was some top notch acting.

I loved the way it ended. Although there was not much action like other 24 season finales, it was a very emotional finale, and a perfect way to end it in my opinion. Season 8 was definitely not the best Season, but I felt the last 8 episodes of Season 8 were among the best 24 episodes I have seen. The finale was also my favorite finale out of all the other seasons.

Also a Shield TV show spoiler below, for those that have not watched that show, but want to watch it eventually.

The scenes with Chloe and Jack definitely had me :cry:. Loved the Logan scene in the final moments :applause: (Reminded me of Shane from the Shield). The scenes with President Taylor and Hassan were also good. I really loved the end, and it sets up the movie perfectly. It was really the best way to end it, and preserve a future with the 24 movie.

The things I loved about the end, was how CTU was cleared out except for Cole, Arlo and Chloe, so they could find Jack uninterrupted, and the great conversation exchanged between Jack and Chloe in the final moments were very touching. The final words said by Chloe, "Shut it down" was a nice way to send the series off as Jack goes on the run. Oh, and I loved the backward countdown clock at the end :applause:

Bring on the 24 movie! :applause:

bread's done
Back