240 More Portal P-Body Guns Up at Midnight Tonight 6/6

[quote name='confoosious']I wonder if they'll say "ooops, we didn't mean the 240 was in addition to, it's still only 5000 total!" It's not like someone is going to count.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IanKazimer']For anyone interested, Neca specified on their facebook that this batch of 240 is in fact part of the original 5,000. They claim that no extras will be made of either Chell's or P- Body's.[/QUOTE]

heh

[quote name='IanKazimer']For anyone interested, Neca specified on their facebook that this batch of 240 is in fact part of the original 5,000. They claim that no extras will be made of either Chell's or P- Body's.[/QUOTE]

Yet they still have the original story listed on their site as it being an ADDITIONAL 240. They also could have told us in our emails that listed that as the cancelation reason.

[quote name='starscream615']Yet they still have the original story listed on their site as it being an ADDITIONAL 240. They also could have told us in our emails that listed that as the cancelation reason.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, it was probably an additional 240 and they just figured no one is gonna bother to count.

I'm still ok with canceling my order.

The message on there pre-order page now says last pre-order batch. I wonder if it had sold as well as it did the first night, would there had been more released. And they put on there that only 5,000 were made.

Currently 5 still available after almost an entire week. I guess we can rule out the "nobody noticed this batch due to E3" theory now. I quietly canceled mine since I really don't want a 1:1 replica and the whole situation has become about as appealing as a late night variety show skit that goes on for too long.

NECA found out first-hand how to overstep boundaries on overpriced nerdware. A lesson most of us have already known for quite some time now through Cat Helmets and Music Game Bundles.

I just preordered mine. I really just bought it for myself to enjoy (I'm hoping to convince a friend of mine to buy the ATLAS one whenever they decide to come out with one), but I understand the frustration of people buying it as a collector's item, for them to come out with more after the fact. I also saw the original Chell one at AnimeNext this past weekend and it's really cool (I'll def buy one if they release more) so I know kind of what it will look like.

Also, it says they're out of stock now, so maybe I got the last one? o_O At least until some of your cancellations go through lol.

Anyone who got their pbody gun notice any problems??

Mine has something loose in the end of it, near the battery portion. Every time I move the gun, it flips and flops around in there and actually sounds quite heavy.

I'm super disappointed. WTF. And I won't be able to get another one. Just wondered if anyone else experienced any problems?

I emailed NECA and will just have to send it back I guess. I know, I know, boo hoo.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Anyone who got their pbody gun notice any problems??

Mine has something loose in the end of it, near the battery portion. Every time I move the gun, it flips and flops around in there and actually sounds quite heavy.

I'm super disappointed. WTF. And I won't be able to get another one. Just wondered if anyone else experienced any problems?

I emailed NECA and will just have to send it back I guess. I know, I know, boo hoo.[/QUOTE]

I got mine and was really disappointed in the build quality. One of the black claws was broken. In addition, the box corner was banged up (shipping box was fine). They also used an excessive amount of tape on the actual box so it looks second hand. I just emailed them for a replacement... we'll see what happens.

bread's done
Back