25% any used PS2 games @ EB/GS!

phattsoe,

I saw Okami at Cherry Orchard location yesterday. Also saw one at the Stevens Creek/San Tomas one on Sunday, but one is probably gone.

[quote name='CaoPi']so tomorrow is the last day to use this coupon huh?[/quote]

Looks like it, which really sucks b/c I can't get to one until Friday and I really want GH2 for PS2 :(

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The only thing that matters in an open market is supply and demand. Obviously, someone wants copies of DAII, and the available lot is small enough to drive up prices. I keep seeing used copies go for $50+ on eBay, so someone out there must be having a hard time finding copies.[/QUOTE]

Its a eaten up supply, but the demand is actually uber low. THere are used copies on Amazon, Ebay and in GS. If the demand was high like Persona 3, it would not be in stock used.

Its a false rare tactic used by hoarders. If they sell a single copy for $50 on ebay, that covers almost 3/4 of their investment. Overcharge another $7 for S&H and boom they are all set.

There is no high demand for this game, only artificially created low supply. Its an evil tactic that is also used on Gas, Oil and FF7

Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 is $17.99. 25% + 10% from the EDGE card brings this to about $12.00.

What sucks is that no stores around me have this game.

[quote name='D_Icon']Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 is $17.99. 25% + 10% from the EDGE card brings this to about $12.00.

What sucks is that no stores around me have this game.[/quote]

I was about to go out and buy one seeing that the closest GS has a copy but I just checked on the PS3 80GB compatability list and it stated that it hangs in random areas of the game. :cry: That makes me a very sad panda.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I was about to go out and buy one seeing that the closest GS has a copy but I just checked on the PS3 80GB compatability list and it stated that it hangs in random areas of the game. :cry: That makes me a very sad panda.[/quote]

I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']There is alot I wanna pick up...but the inner cheap ass deep inside me is telling me to wait for a b2g1 deal.[/quote]

This is better than a B2G1 deal - if you have an EDGE card. (Which you should being a CAG and all :mrgreen:) b2g1 is 33% off coupon +edge is 35%.

[quote name='placebo1']This is better than a B2G1 deal - if you have an EDGE card. (Which you should being a CAG and all :mrgreen:) b2g1 is 33% off coupon +edge is 35%.[/QUOTE]

Actually, with an Edge card B2G1 is still the better deal, since the B2G1 + Edge stack to give you 40% off, as long as each game is the same price. However, if you can't find 3 games you want that are the same (or nearly the same) price, one of these 25% coupons would probably end up working better.

[quote name='Zman310']Actually, with an Edge card B2G1 is still the better deal, since the B2G1 + Edge stack to give you 40% off, as long as each game is the same price. However, if you can't find 3 games you want that are the same (or nearly the same) price, one of these 25% coupons would probably end up working better.[/quote]

Or if you find a game like Nocturn of Marvel vs Capcom 2, which should be nabbed ASAP with any discount in hand. :D

Hm, thanks for the ideas about Metal Slug Anthology! I'll never own a PS3 so this'll be an awesome deal.

Picked up Phantom Brave and Valkyrie Profile 2: Slimeria at one Gamestop for around $28, went to the other Gamestop in the mall to get Indigo Prophecy for $9.74.

Couldn't find GrimGrimoire :cry:

[quote name='arthurRWD']managed to pickup

Persona 3
SMT: Nocturne (disc only)
Digital Devil Saga x 2
Magna Carta
Fatal Frame 3[/quote]
What fuckin GameStop do you go to? :D

If that's true, that's a bad-ASS pickup!

[quote name='seanmcc']What fuckin GameStop do you go to? :D

If that's true, that's a bad-ASS pickup![/QUOTE]

must exist in CAG heaven?

[quote name='sp00ge']Umm... what B2G1Free deal?[/quote]

When buy2get1 comes around that is basically the same as 33.33% off. This 35% off deal is 1.67% better. Def a better deal none the less but a PS2 buy1get1 has to be around the corner considering the xbox buy1get1 deal.

[quote name='Quintox']Looks like it, which really sucks b/c I can't get to one until Friday and I really want GH2 for PS2 :([/quote]

that sucks why dont u just get a ride or walk? unless ur on a boat or something.

if anything u can just use that 25% off on their site for any used game?

thanks for the fast resposne veronica mars.
im going to get devil may cry 1-3
i played #1 and #2 but when they first came out.
i think i beat #2 in a day and returned it lol( got it used @ GS)

[quote name='D_Icon']I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
Argh... damn cheap ass impulse buy kicked in so I went to buy MSA anyway. I was hoping the compatibility list was lying to me but it did exactly what was stated on the list. Oh well, I can always return it or put it up for trade. :)

[quote name='cag1000']When buy2get1 comes around that is basically the same as 33.33% off. This 35% off deal is 1.67% better. Def a better deal none the less but a PS2 buy1get1 has to be around the corner considering the xbox buy1get1 deal.[/quote]

keep in mind you can use edge card for b2g1 deal.

so this is just as good as that.

[quote name='dinobot']keep in mind you can use edge card for b2g1 deal.

so this is just as good as that.[/QUOTE]

I actually think that it depends.

If you buy 3 games of equal price, then B2G1F is better. But if you plan to buy 3 games of different prices then this is usually better.

I wish this lasted until Friday... there's a Gamestop at the mall that I want to check out but I'm too busy today. They don't have anything according to the online locator but maybe I would've found something else I wanted.:whistle2:(

the only game I ended up getting was Digital Devil Saga 1, couldn't afford anything else before it ends today :whistle2:(

thankfully I found a store near me that has Digital Devil Saga 2 and my $5 off any used game $14.99 and up card (which stacks with the edge card) is a better deal for anything $24.99 and under anyways

Went expective to pick up Odin Sphere for $34.99 before discounts; I impusively grabbed Rez (torn between that and Gitaroo Man) for $29.99 expecting to get about $22.75 off for a total of about $42.25.

Well, I headed up to the counter and the clerk gave me a B2G1F coupon. So I grabbed Gitaroo Man after all, used the coupon, and my Edge card, and paid about $62 with tax for all three games.

Not a bad impulse buy...but I still have my coupon and I'm so damn lazy to drive 10 miles out just for one DDS...

Rez, Odin Sphere, and Gitaroo Man are all mint and complete, nary a scratch on any disc!

[quote name='DrNo888']Isnt the DMC collection with all 3 only $30 new?[/quote]

yeah i thought about that but i dont like the GH labeling lol
and itd be like $33 with tax. and i couldnt find it anywhere so yeah.
the GH labels drive me away!

is devil may cry 3 supposed to come with the special edition?
i saw the GH DMC3 it says "Dante's Awakening : Special Edition" then on the NON-GH DMC3 it just says "Dante's Awakening" but on my disc whic is NON-GH it says "Dante's Awakening : Special Edition" , is that right or did i get a misprint?

[quote name='Furashu']yeah i thought about that but i dont like the GH labeling lol
and itd be like $33 with tax. and i couldnt find it anywhere so yeah.
the GH labels drive me away!

is devil may cry 3 supposed to come with the special edition?
i saw the GH DMC3 it says "Dante's Awakening : Special Edition" then on the NON-GH DMC3 it just says "Dante's Awakening" but on my disc whic is NON-GH it says "Dante's Awakening : Special Edition" , is that right or did i get a misprint?[/quote]If you bought it used, you may have gotten a non-GH case, but a GH disc.

Happened to me with FFX, I ended up buying a non-GH one from ebay.

[quote name='seanmcc']If you bought it used, you may have gotten a non-GH case, but a GH disc.

Happened to me with FFX, I ended up buying a non-GH one from ebay.[/quote]

oic but the playstation2 part is black and the disc doesnt say greatest hits either
my discs are also in excellent condition i think #3 and #2 were played once. #1 is meh but whatever

The DMC collection is black label. I bought it a few weeks ago. The only difference is that instead of a barcode on the back of each box, it says "Part of a Package" or something similar.

thanks again for this... just picked up:

Ico (Disc Only) 12.99
Shadow of the Colossus 11.69
Devil May Cry 2 6.49
Odin Sphere 22.74

Still can't believe I found Ico... Today was a good day

[quote name='Oxygen']The DMC collection is black label. I bought it a few weeks ago. The only difference is that instead of a barcode on the back of each box, it says "Part of a Package" or something similar.[/quote]

is it? i swore it wasnt...
but why is it called the greatest hits package? Lol

oh well im too lazy to waste gas and drive cause i was gonna open it anyways. and i get cool barcodes to stare at :D

I went to a local GameStop looking for Metal Slug Anthology, which was showing in-stock according to the website. It was gone, but I managed to snag the following games that had just been traded:

Digital Devil Saga 1 $25.99
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance $16.24

Both were complete and in mint condition. :D The same person had traded MGS3: Subsistence (also in mint condition), but I only had one coupon and it's limited to two games.

I got Naruto: Ultimate Ninja for $10.79 and Puzzle Quest for $12.19. The coupon wouldn't work for the associate even after he typed the code in so he just manually adjusted the price after scanning my Edge card.

I never got to the store that had Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but I really didn't need to spend $50 on a game anyway...

[quote name='Furashu']is it? i swore it wasnt...
but why is it called the greatest hits package? Lol

oh well im too lazy to waste gas and drive cause i was gonna open it anyways. and i get cool barcodes to stare at :D[/quote]

Yeah, it's black label. I actually just bought it 3 days ago new. The only thing that's different from the previous anniversary collection is the outer box art. The original was black w/Dante pointing a gun, and the new one is white with Dante on the front and a picture of the 3 games.

[quote name='farley91']Yeah, it's black label. I actually just bought it 3 days ago new. The only thing that's different from the previous anniversary collection is the outer box art. The original was black w/Dante pointing a gun, and the new one is white with Dante on the front and a picture of the 3 games.[/quote]

yeah.. and its ugly.. I like the original anniversary outer box art.

[quote name='spamfree2']yeah.. and its ugly.. I like the original anniversary outer box art.[/quote]

yeah DMC GH box is super hard to find ive been to a bb a CC a GC and GS no luck :( i even dug around in a CC bin to look for the 5th anny version looked for 10 mins like a dummy no luck haha

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I bought a ton with this coupon. I hope they do a Gamecube or DS coupon next.[/quote]

PLEASE NO I NEED MY MONEY FOR FOOD :booty:

[quote name='Zman310']Actually, with an Edge card B2G1 is still the better deal, since the B2G1 + Edge stack to give you 40% off, as long as each game is the same price. However, if you can't find 3 games you want that are the same (or nearly the same) price, one of these 25% coupons would probably end up working better.[/quote]

40%? Where is that comming from?
I'm trying to find math that would fit what you are saying.

If all 3 games are the same price -> $50. That's $150 total then $100 after B2G1 for 33% off. If you take the edge card that makes the games all $45 which is $135 total then $90 after B2G1 for 33% off.

bread's done
Back