$25 off $75 at Rakuten.com

KYblacc

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
My 1st post, but its a nice one! Ratuken.com is giving $25 off of $75 orders. And their prices on most things are already below retail. Its automatic once you hit $75 but if not the promo code is GET25. I used it on a 32GB PS Vita memory card.. Shipped it came to $63.00 exact. If youre like me youve been waiting on a decent deal on those stupid cards forever. Thinking of going back for a few 3ds games. Happy hunting everyone!

No.. did I do it wrong? If so mods just delete it. Only reason i even signed up was for help with this memory card but I didnt see a sticky or anything. I dont wanna be another new guy screwing up the forums.

[quote name='kburns10']Have you used this site before? I've heard mixed stuff since the Buy.com switch..[/QUOTE]

I didn't use Buy.com often because I had so many bad experiences. Mixed stuff sounds like it could be a step up.

I made 2 orders from Rakuten consisting of two 4000-MSP cards a while ago. I had no problems with them but I did hear that some CC information were taken and used without authorization. Just gotta be lucky, I guess.

ooh.. I see. I havent had a bad experience with them. Didnt know they had that rep. I use Paypal. Dono if that makes it any safer.

[quote name='shurija']I made 2 orders from Rakuten consisting of two 4000-MSP cards a while ago. I had no problems with them but I did hear that some CC information were taken and used without authorization. Just gotta be lucky, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I had some fraudulent charges being made on my card after using it on Rakuten about a month back. There's a thread on Slickdeals right now about this and it seems like most people that order from Rakuten get fraudulent charges on the card they used to pay. In my case there were two charges that luckily didn't go through, both totaling about $300 each, one from Sears and one from Walmart. If you really want to get in on this deal, either pay with Paypal or get a single use virtual card number.

I've used Rakuten a few times in the past couple of months without any issues. One of the purchases was for a Wii U Deluxe edition. I have, however, deleted my credit card information from the site just to be safe.

[quote name='illennium']I don't think this code will work on games because it only applies to certain product categories. I believe all media is excluded.[/QUOTE]

It's all categories, but only works with marketplace sellers.

[quote name='Link2999']I had some fraudulent charges being made on my card after using it on Rakuten about a month back. There's a thread on Slickdeals right now about this and it seems like most people that order from Rakuten get fraudulent charges on the card they used to pay. In my case there were two charges that luckily didn't go through, both totaling about $300 each, one from Sears and one from Walmart. If you really want to get in on this deal, either pay with Paypal or get a single use virtual card number.[/QUOTE]

I ordered stuff a few months ago and didn't notice any funny charges. Can you post the sd link? Also purchased from buy.com for a few years and never had problems aside from difficulty with a return (slightly better process and service than Newegg).

[quote name='Link2999']I had some fraudulent charges being made on my card after using it on Rakuten about a month back. There's a thread on Slickdeals right now about this and it seems like most people that order from Rakuten get fraudulent charges on the card they used to pay. In my case there were two charges that luckily didn't go through, both totaling about $300 each, one from Sears and one from Walmart. If you really want to get in on this deal, either pay with Paypal or get a single use virtual card number.[/QUOTE]

Staying far away from Rakuten then...

This sounds like a pretty great deal for certain things that almost never go on sale, I suppose.

So I'm using Paypal, when will I actually get to enter this code? Based on the posts above I'm not really in a hurry to make an expensive order with this company without knowing all the details.

They've been having a lot of these discounts but I haven't purchased anything... items are either overpriced or are not from reputable sellers.

[quote name='KYblacc']My 1st post, but its a nice one! Ratuken.com is giving $25 off of $75 orders. And their prices on most things are already below retail. Its automatic once you hit $75 but if not the promo code is GET25. I used it on a 32GB PS Vita memory card.. Shipped it came to $63.00 exact. If youre like me youve been waiting on a decent deal on those stupid cards forever. Thinking of going back for a few 3ds games. Happy hunting everyone![/QUOTE]

great deal, thanks

bread's done
Back