$265 Edge card on Ebay

Tanzanian

CAG Veteran
I'm selling a $265 Gamestop/EBgames Edge card with original reciept on Ebay, bidding starts at $100. The card is good for $265 store credit, and has never been used and isn't tied to an account or anything like that, it's just how they gave me store credit. I now want cash so I have to auction it as Gamestop won't give you cash after you've gotten store credit. There's still about six days left for bidding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/265-Gamestop-EB...ryZ31411QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd revise the title to say gift card as well since most people searching are probably typing for gift card besides Edge card

You'll sell it really close to value since you don't have to pay any tax when purchasing with GS store credit. Thought your 0 feedback might hurt you as well as the fact you just joined eBay yesterday. Good luck though.

i'm looking to buy it i need it for ps3 games and are u looking to buy xbox 360 faceplates
i got some rare ones

[quote name='starmask2k3']i'm looking to buy it i need it for ps3 games and are u looking to buy xbox 360 faceplates
i got some rare ones[/quote]

Cool, I'm not looking for anything though. Good luck bidding, hopefully for you the bidding doesn't go too high. I've never sold or bought anything on ebay before, how should I ship the card to the winner? I was thinking priority mail in one of those priority envelopes.

Any shipping will probably be fine. I'd add in $100 or so in insurance and delivery confirmation just in case but that's just me.

[quote name='Tanzanian']Cool, I'm not looking for anything though. Good luck bidding, hopefully for you the bidding doesn't go too high. I've never sold or bought anything on ebay before, how should I ship the card to the winner? I was thinking priority mail in one of those priority envelopes.[/QUOTE]

u should make them sign for it

do priority shipping with delivery confirmation. you can check its status online, and cover yourself from shady buyers that said they didn't receive it.

Why would he do that? It's eBay.
[quote name='starmask2k3']and if i win would u be willing to ship out first thankz[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kendro']You'll sell it really close to value since you don't have to pay any tax when purchasing with GS store credit. Thought your 0 feedback might hurt you as well as the fact you just joined eBay yesterday. Good luck though.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was YMMV and depended on the state? I live in a state with no sales tax, so the card most definitely wouldn't be worth full value in cash to me. But I think I've bought games in other states with my Edge card and paid tax. I KNOW I've bought things with Blockbuster value cards and paid tax, but of course they operate in a "special" way.

In some states, though, they give you the tax on the trade-ins and thus charge you tax when you spend the money (I know BB does this in Virginia, anyway).

In any case, for the OP - I wouldn't expect to get the full value for the card. It is more reasonable, for someone to tie up cash into store credit + the (very small) risk of buying stuff off ebay, that you would get 75-80% of the value. It will be interesting to see how it ends up. You were good to post it here as you might get CAG's willing to take more of a chance than random ebayers (given your zero feedback new ebay account).

As for shipping, if you get a PayPal payment with a confirmed address, be sure to use delivery confirmation as others have noted. Then you are covered (in PayPal's eyes) if the claim it never arrived (but the DC shows it did). Also, to be safe, xerox the card before you mail it. I sent a Blockbuster value card to a CAG for trade and it truly did get lost (for a while). I was able to use the xerox to get the money put on a new card which I then sent him (have no idea how EB would handle such a thing but it can't hurt to have a copy). Of course, the old card showed up a few days after the new one (and about 3-4 weeks after I mailed it!).

[quote name='Tanzanian']Xeroxing the card is a great idea, I'll do that before shipping it.[/QUOTE]

Really, keeping the number written down on a piece of paper is probably enough. But on my Blockbuster value card xerox they were actually able to access the "card" just by scanning the bar code on my copy. Then they just made a new card with that value. This only probably worked because they know me pretty well there and didn't think I was up to something ;).

[quote name='io']I thought that was YMMV and depended on the state? I live in a state with no sales tax, so the card most definitely wouldn't be worth full value in cash to me. But I think I've bought games in other states with my Edge card and paid tax. I KNOW I've bought things with Blockbuster value cards and paid tax, but of course they operate in a "special" way.[/quote]IIRC this was an EB only (and not GameStop, and definately not GR or GC) glitch where if you had more than enough credit to cover the cost of your purchase, the sales tax disappeared. Possibly for new and used, definately for used.

[quote name='guinaevere']IIRC this was an EB only (and not GameStop, and definately not GR or GC) glitch where if you had more than enough credit to cover the cost of your purchase, the sales tax disappeared. Possibly for new and used, definately for used.[/quote]

I had a Edge card with $1000 on it.
I bought a Ps3 and paid no tax. Bought a couple more things, and paid no tax. Then all of a sudden i was paying tax(had enough to cover everything), then finally i bought a Wii with $200 left on it and paid tax.
Not sure what happened there.

OK so I won't xerox it, I'll just get delivery confirmation. And the store employee said that store credit should be tax free.
EDIT: I was just informed by an EBgames manager that the tax rules vary by state, so if bidding you may want to call your local EBgames or Gamestop and ask if they are required by law to charge tax. Otherwise, the purchase should be tax free.

The card and reciept are now sealed in a Priority mail envelope and ready to be sent out as soon as the auction ends on Saturday.

Five hours left and it's at $198, that means that someone is making $67 off this puppy, more if store credit is tax exempt in their area. I'm fine with it if it sells at that price though. I'll be sending it out today via Priority mail if I get the payment verified today.

bread's done
Back