2nd CAG SSBB Tournament!!! - Currently: FINAL MATCH - JMG!!! vs Peachachu

Peachachu defeated Blue Thunder.

Great games, guys.

I don't actually have the running life tally though.

EDIT: Peachachu won 3-0...if you don't count the first game (that wasn't set to Team Battle)

If you count that, we were 2-1. Somebody will have to fill in the lives, if they can.

[quote name='FallMoon']Yeah, you were pretty bad. Couldn't you have been, you know, a little better?

Kidding! That was really fun, and you guys are the best team we've battled so far.[/QUOTE]

Haha - thanks. You guys were very good and deserved the win.

I know Zitanix must've been flipping me off during those matches - haha, sorry Z!

Haha, don't worry about it. I played like shit in the first matches, and started to get it back later, but it didn't matter. Good games to Peachachu, though you should probably change your name to Metachu. =P

I was pretty sure I set it to team battles, but I didn't even notice. I was wondering why you guys no contested the first match. Good luck in the rest of the tournament!

[quote name='zitanix']Haha, don't worry about it. I played like shit in the first matches, and started to get it back later, but it didn't matter. Good games to Peachachu, though you should probably change your name to Metachu. =P

I was pretty sure I set it to team battles, but I didn't even notice. I was wondering why you guys no contested the first match. Good luck in the rest of the tournament![/quote]

I keep telling her her MK is better!

[quote name='Mad D']Is James wjhard? Didn't get to add you.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm one in the same - I tried to add David (if that was you, Mad D), but it wouldn't let me. I'm going to bed, but I'll add you in the morning. My FC is in my sig.

BTW - Your Kirby is nasty - I'm glad I didn't face it in the tournament.

Mad D, yeah, wjhard63 = James.

Fallmoon, I didn't play Olimar because Blue usually plays him, and a team of Olimar and a slightly lighter colored Olimar with 12 pikmin running around gets kinda confusing. I went with DK because he's the heaviest hitter I feel comfortable with, and since samus has about 3 kill moves, I thought I should use someone with power. Guess I know better for next time!

[quote name='suko_32']:whee: vs. SHOW US YOUR MOVES shall happen in about 1 hour.[/QUOTE]

Already? Good job on trying to get this done quickly.

Make sure to post detailed results. I wanna here them :D

:whee: (RED) vs. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (BLUE)

Round 1
:whee: (Link, Mr. Game and Watch) vs. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Falco, King Dedede) on Smashville
This one was pretty lopsided in our favor. :whee: just could seem to get going and I think there were a few botched recoveries that resulted in a KO.
6-1, SHOW US YOUR MOVES wins

Round 2
:whee: (Link, Pikachu) vs. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Falco, ROB) on Final Destination
This one was much closer. suko switched to ROB, and dyeknom switched to Pikachu, which caught us both offguard. Pika spammed a bunch of thunders on the edge, and amidst all of the chaos, notched him a few KOs. It came down to ROB against Link. ROB was already at a sizable disadvantage, but managed to rack up a bit of damage. In the end, Link took him out.
6-5, :whee: wins

Round 3
:whee: (Link, Pikachu) vs. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Falco, King Dedede) on Final Destination
suko switched back to Dedede for this one, and it turned out to be a good move. He had a couple of big hammer KOs that swung the momentum in our favor. Pikachu was back spamming thunder on this one, but we were able to adapt and punish. With both of our characters able to chain throw, we were able to wrack up damage quick whenever we got dyeknom and Daisydog separated.
6-2, SHOW US YOUR MOVES wins

FINAL: 2-1, SHOW US YOUR MOVES wins.

Good games, :whee:. You caught us both off guard in that second round and earned that victory. Thanks for sticking around for the games afterwards as well, including the one with the smash balls turned on. :lol: Sorry about that double grab thing with Wolf and Mario... we wanted to see it in action.

...and the long road to the finals for SHOW US YOUR MOVES continues.

I know I had two SDs in the first round, but I didn't really expect any different given the connection (My DSL is no better, though). The G&W recovery, with high latency, ends up transforming itself into a Judgment with the move queue and dropping him like a rock. lol. I don't really like pika-spamming, but the after-effects of casting his Down attacks, with latency, are about the most effective thing for me to do.

Oh well, alls for the best. Good luck the rest of the way. Sorry for bailing after Yoshi's Island... I wanted to go back to playing on a local multiplayer.

The first and third rounds were a complete mess for us. I had too many careless deaths :bomb: and Dyeknom says he had awful lag. I didn't notice much but he has lots of trouble with it.

[quote name='Arikado']
Round 2
:whee: (Link, Pikachu) vs. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Falco, ROB) on Final Destination
This one was much closer. suko switched to ROB, and dyeknom switched to Pikachu, which caught us both offguard. Pika spammed a bunch of thunders on the edge, and amidst all of the chaos, notched him a few KOs. It came down to ROB against Link. ROB was already at a sizable disadvantage, but managed to wrack up a bit of damage. In the end, Link took him out.
6-5, :whee: wins
[/quote]
That round was the best! Especially since I know I can't beat Suko :lol:

You were edge hogging and I went over to try and save Dyeknom. I don't know what possessed me to Down A you because I had never even tried that before! But it was "successful" and ended with all three of us dying!
It took a bunch of running, jumping, and a miracle for me to kill Suko and get that win :applause:
--
You guys are just too tough. Congratulations on your victory and best of luck to you on your next fight. :D

[quote name='Daisydog']You were edge hogging and I went over to try and save Dyeknom. I don't know what possessed me to Down A you because I had never even tried that before! But it was "successful" and ended with all three of us dying![/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, I edgehogged dyeknom, and right when I was about to hit R to roll recover back up, your sword came stabbing down on my head. :lol:

So, I just checked the last 15+ pages to edit and make sure that all the bracket details are correct. Whew!

Now, what was the final score to Calcium Fortified Apple Juice vs. Duel Aura Stars? I just need the win/loss record, not the stock record.

My ROB in the second round got toss and pwnd like I've never seen before. I was super sad, but good job taking him out! GG's!

[quote name='evergoo']So, I just checked the last 15+ pages to edit and make sure that all the bracket details are correct. Whew!

Now, what was the final score to Calcium Fortified Apple Juice vs. Duel Aura Stars? I just need the win/loss record, not the stock record.[/quote]2 to 0, If you want more details I'll provide them later. Just got back from work and I smell like smoky southern bbq..............and sweat.

[quote name='maigoyume']2 to 0, If you want more details I'll provide them later. Just got back from work and I smell like smoky southern bbq..............and sweat.[/QUOTE]

Hot.

Good games guys, sorry I couldn't hang around. If you hadn't pm'ed me when you did I was going to head off. Brawled too much today.

Round 1 - BlueThunder vs. Duel Aura Stars

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdk8PsIU9aM&fmt=18[/media]

Round 2 - BlueThunder vs. Duel Aura Stars

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARbNzlN5Ex8&fmt=18[/media]

Round 3 - BlueThunder vs. Duel Aura Stars

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiX0vS9Ig1A&fmt=18[/media]

There was some slight input lag in that first match, but it really wasn't too bad. Good games to Renald and maigoyume.

I hope people will eventually learn to stop picking Final Destination. The edges of the platform are just awful. Look at how it screwed Blue over twice in that first match.

[quote name='Lbgrowl']I hope people will eventually learn to stop picking Final Destination. The edges of the platform are just awful. Look at how it screwed Blue over twice in that first match.[/quote]
yeah but it doesn't have tose annoying platforms. Platforms ruin everything!

[quote name='UltimoRey']yeah but it doesn't have tose annoying platforms. Platforms ruin everything![/quote]

What exactly is wrong with 'tose annoying platforms'? Please explain.

[quote name='dastly75']What exactly is wrong with 'tose annoying platforms'? Please explain.[/quote]
They tend to stop me from bouncing on people's head. The platform in Smashville also seems to move just to spite me.

And for me it takes three tries just to go through one! On Battlefield I spend half my time just trying to get to the bottom of the stage. Then as soon as I get there I get punched in the air again.

But I try not to complain about it too much... :lol:

[quote name='Lbgrowl']I hope people will eventually learn to stop picking Final Destination. The edges of the platform are just awful. Look at how it screwed Blue over twice in that first match.[/QUOTE]

We didn't pick it. But yeah, input lag + that really kind of pissed me off.

I actually prefer stages with platform because it requires a completely different strategy other than spam-a-thons.

[quote name='Daisydog']And for me it takes three tries just to go through one! On Battlefield I spend half my time just trying to get to the bottom of the stage. Then as soon as I get there I get punched in the air again.

But I try not to complain about it too much... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ah, I was wondering why you didn't like BF.

So FallMoon and I had some sample matches against each other and I only have one thing to say:

You're really good.

It's amazing how we never played against each other yet.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Ugh. This does not bode well. And how the hell was there a banana? Oh well. Let's try again.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I warned you guys. Lol.

I nearly died b/c of the lag.

Well, we made it. Looks like Joe's Mad Goo!!! puts the previously undefeated Peachachu into the loser's bracket. Here are the results:

Game 1 @ Battlefield: Joe's Mad Goo!!! (Dedede and R.O.B.) d. Peachachu (Meta Knight and Pikachu)

Game 2 @ Final Destination: Joe's Mad Goo!!! (Dedede and R.O.B.) d. Peachachu (Zero Suit and Pikachu)

Game 3 @ Smashville: Peachachu (Zero Suit and Kirby) d. Joe's Mad Goo!!! (Dedede and R.O.B.)

Overall Winner: Joe's Mad Goo!!!

Man, we never win our third matches. GGs, Peachachu! I'd play more, but I'm expected at a friend's house. Let's play again soon!

Sorry for being away so long again, my team. I was in Tahoe and Reno. I demoted myself to benchwarmer so I can ride your coattails.

I would like to see details (score/falls) of the match when you can.

We will get you guys in the finals! (Yes, I said that.)

FallMoon wasn't on the top of her game tonight. I think the results will be different next time. :)

Good games, guys.

bread's done
Back