3 for $30 games orig. $14.99 - $19.99 at TRU

espeece23

CAGiversary!
Just stopped in my local toys r us and saw this. Didn't see it posted, got minecraft for xbox, tekken tag tourney 2 and lego batman 2 for ps3 for $31.80 with tax. Would post my receipt, but only second post.

Thanks OP.  Grabbed a few games for relatives.  Might get a few for me, but it would have to be shipped and I don't know if I want to pay for it.

edit- After adding 3 and seeing shipping costs, that's going to be a no.  $16 shipping on 3 games is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
So tempting... I'd like to pick up Lego Indiana Jones 2 and Lego Harry Potter 4-7 but I can't find a third game... maybe Mortal Kombat or AC: Brotherhood/Revelations?  Hmmm...

how longs this run through? Ill be out by TRU monday probably but wont be able to make it to the store this weekend. will it still be live then?

Am I nuts or did the prices of NFS: MW for the :360: and the :ps3: get raised since this morning?

I thought they were both 19.99?

For people who price matched, will they accept it if I show the Amazon price on my phone? I've never PMed at TRU before. 

I grabbed portal 2, lego batman 2, and batman arkham city goty(ps3) for $30.  Gotta watch out because the TRU registers couldn't do the deal since i bought them for different systems.  Had to have a manager come over and override.  He said the system has a hard time doing deals like this if its across multiple platforms like i did.  If i bought all for the 360 it wouldn't be a problem.

Signs were up at my store. tried to get minecraft, kingdoms of amalur (ps3), and dragonage2(ps3) and the system wouldn't ring it up correctly. the manager said it was because da2 was clearance and couldn't be part of the deal. so I got ffx13-2(360) instead. It still wouldn't ring up right. the manager mumbled something about there must be another restriction, sighed, and then reluctantly did a price override.

Not sure if clearance games are supposed to be part of the deal or not, my tru has a reputation for being unwilling to honor sales deals so it could have just been ymmv at my tru.

Sign says all games but my tru says only Nintendo :/ waste of a trip.
For future reference, do not worry about what the uninformed employees think. Get 3 games that fit the price range and get them rung up. The register does the rest. Only time you pay attention to them is when you are requesting a price match but again, that is a requested override which is the managers discretion. In this case, the register will just convert the 3 games to 10 bucks each regardless of what the employee says/does.

Weird people are having problems, no signs were up at my tru I just grabbed mine craft battlefield 3 and portal 2. When I checked out the guy was like woah! I didn't know we even had a sell what a great deal. Told him I seen it online and just went on about my day

I grabbed portal 2, lego batman 2, and batman arkham city goty(ps3) for $30. Gotta watch out because the TRU registers couldn't do the deal since i bought them for different systems. Had to have a manager come over and override. He said the system has a hard time doing deals like this if its across multiple platforms like i did. If i bought all for the 360 it wouldn't be a problem.
All 3 games I got were for 360 and they had to do a price adjustment for it to work, none were on clearance.

Does anyone have a good list of some good Wii U and 3DS games for this sale? My TRU is kinda far was wanting to see what all people can get for the two systems.

Dammit... I would love to take advantage of this and get a few of these Lego games, but it doesn't look like any of the stores around me have them in stock.  Got my hopes up @ $10 a pop for Indiana 2 and Clone Wars; the boy has been asking about those and we just finished up the first Indiana Jones.

Oh well, he has enough to play for now. 

Dammit... I would love to take advantage of this and get a few of these Lego games, but it doesn't look like any of the stores around me have them in stock. Got my hopes up @ $10 a pop for Indiana 2 and Clone Wars; the boy has been asking about those and we just finished up the first Indiana Jones.

Oh well, he has enough to play for now.
Even when the website says out of stock its possible your local TRU has them in-stock. Back when they had the 2 for $70 deal stacking with the $10 gift card for spending more than $40 the website said MLB 13 was out of stock but they had 1 copy left when I went to the store to check.

As for this promo I'm hoping to snag Minecraft, SFxT on PS3, and either Dark Souls, NFS:MW Vita, or Kingdom Hearts: Recoded.

Don't go by the website. There seems to be a difference between available and eligible for in-store pickup. I am at my store now and there are lots of titles that were showing up as unavailable for store pickup.

I just came back from TRU and noticed the sale sign said this deal was good till 9/7.  I decided to hold out and hope more 3DS or Wii U games go on sale at amazon so I can pricematch for this deal on other games I really want.

Damn, decided on my 3rd game and then FIFA 13 vita becomes OOS online, I guess I will have to go to the toy store even thought all 3 games say OOS at store!

Even when the website says out of stock its possible your local TRU has them in-stock. Back when they had the 2 for $70 deal stacking with the $10 gift card for spending more than $40 the website said MLB 13 was out of stock but they had 1 copy left when I went to the store to check.

As for this promo I'm hoping to snag Minecraft, SFxT on PS3, and either Dark Souls, NFS:MW Vita, or Kingdom Hearts: Recoded.

Don't go by the website. There seems to be a difference between available and eligible for in-store pickup. I am at my store now and there are lots of titles that were showing up as unavailable for store pickup.

TRU is like Best Buy in that it shows out of stock if there are only X amount of copies left.
Thanks for the heads up, worth a shot I suppose... now I just need to be sneaky about it so he doesn't know what I'm up to...

Aha! His grandma lives close to one... time to recruit!

I picked up minecraft, lego lotr and halo wars PE. I am not sure why I picked up Halo Wars PE since I already own the vanilla version. Is the dlc on disc worth an additional $10? I wish Lego Indiana Jones 1 was in store. It's the only one I am missing now.

Not sure how people are getting TRU to match Amazon. I just looked up their PM policy and it says they'll only match online prices for baby items. For other items they need an actual physical ad.

Im going in the morning to try and price match Playstation all stars battle royale, Sly Cooper, and NFS most wanted vita to Gamestop.

$10 each for those three would be awesome!! 5 games

Nothing at all that I want really if this is all of them. I mean MAYBE Kingdom hearts Re:Coded since i dont own it and MAYBE Professor layton and the unwound future but I cant find a 3rd game. Although layton and the diabolical box is only $10 and sadly not part of the sale. maybe ill swing by 2moro night and see if other games catch my eye but so far just the 2 i mentioned for the 3 for $30. maybe max Payne 3 just to have 3, never even played Max payne 2 (despite owning it for years) yet so i dunno. haha

Had a lot of Portal 2 for 360 there, trades in at GS for $17 after 30% bonus ($13 w/o bonus) Picked up lollipop chainsaw for ps3, and left 4 dead, and minecraft for 360. Minecraft will not be going much cheaper then $10, so if you have not got minecraft yet, get it now!!!

I picked up minecraft, lego lotr and halo wars PE. I am not sure why I picked up Halo Wars PE since I already own the vanilla version. Is the dlc on disc worth an additional $10? I wish Lego Indiana Jones 1 was in store. It's the only one I am missing now.
The DLC is ok I guess.. if halo 3 ODST wasnt already a thing. This is because it has 3 halo 3 multiplayer maps (which the ODST multiplayer disc has all of Halo 3s multiplayer). But other than a cool case it has like a patch, some kind of cards, an "honor guard" wraith and a graphic novel called Genesis. But since the game cost you $10 i say hell yea. I bought Halo Wars at launch and I loved it.

The DLC is ok I guess.. if halo 3 ODST wasnt already a thing. This is because it has 3 halo 3 multiplayer maps (which the ODST multiplayer disc has all of Halo 3s multiplayer). But other than a cool case it has like a patch, some kind of cards, an "honor guard" wraith and a graphic novel called Genesis. But since the game cost you $10 i say hell yea. I bought Halo Wars at launch and I loved it.
Are you talking about the CE Halo Wars? I bought the platinum edition which just has all the dlc.

I did not even see lollipop chainsaw in there! probably cuz i was looking for an xbox version, but I do own a PS3 so i guess i'll get that one. $10 is a right price for the game to me. I just hope they have that KH Recoded, and unwound future when i go

Are you talking about the CE Halo Wars? I bought the platinum edition which just has all the dlc.
oh, derp yea im slow. haha YEa its worth it, the DLC for halo wars is alright. I bought them years later when they went down in price. i wanna get all the achievements in every halo game but thats lookin tougher and tougher haha. yea the game is worth it for $10 especially with all the DLC!

Only games I'm interested in are Hitman: Absolution, Street Figher X Tekken, and Lego Lord of the Rings.  Problem is, my TRU doesn't have any of these in stock, so my only option is shipping...which adds $6.70.  After shipping and tax it still comes out to $13 a game...which is pretty good. 

What do you guys think?

Only games I'm interested is in Hitman: Absolution, Street Figher X Tekken, and Lego Lord of the Rings. Problem is, my TRU doesn't have any of these in stock, so my only option is shipping...which adds $6.70. After shipping and tax it still comes out to $13 a game...which is pretty good.

What do you guys think?
Definitely still a pretty good deal. Brand new games that, in some cases, are not all horribly old. You can't go wrong buying most games for sub-$20

Im going in the morning to try and price match Playstation all stars battle royale, Sly Cooper, and NFS most wanted vita to Gamestop.

$10 each for those three would be awesome!! 5 games
You don't need to PM NFS:MW it's already $19.99 @ TRU.

If you guys are talking about Mass Effect 3 for the PS3, then you can save $5 if you find it at Sears as it's clearanced there to $4.97.

bread's done
Back