3 for $30 games orig. $14.99 - $19.99 at TRU

espeece23

CAGiversary!
Just stopped in my local toys r us and saw this. Didn't see it posted, got minecraft for xbox, tekken tag tourney 2 and lego batman 2 for ps3 for $31.80 with tax. Would post my receipt, but only second post.

Shipping is 16.70 for three DS games...wtf. I would do in-store pick-up, but of course, one of the games I want isn't available for in-store pick-up.

Shipping is 16.70 for three DS games...wtf. I would do in-store pick-up, but of course, one of the games I want isn't available for in-store pick-up.
Whoa! That's expensive-ass shipping! For 3 PS3 games, mine was $6.70 for shipping. Try re-ordering. That has to be an error.

How are TRU games when shipped? I assume the games listed are new. I'm just not sure >.>

Really wanna pick up that Lego Batman 2 lol.

Definitely still a pretty good deal. Brand new games that, in some cases, are not all horribly old. You can't go wrong buying most games for sub-$20
Yeah, that's what I was figuring. Besides, had my Hitman canceled due to being backordered during the Best Buy sale a while ago for $11.99. So $13 isn't too bad at all for these. I'm a happy camper.

Oh yeah....thanks OP! :D

Whoa! That's expensive-ass shipping! For 3 PS3 games, mine was $6.70 for shipping. Try re-ordering. That has to be an error.
Shipping has always been ridiculous for games from the TRU website. I don't know why. But I know that's pure profit for them to gouge that much on shipping.

FYI Smiley, if you have a PS3 and PS+ Hitman Absolution is free to play on PS3 at the moment.

Last edited:
Shipping has always been ridiculous for games from the TRU website. I don't know why. But I know that's pure profit for them to gouge that much on shipping.

FYI Smiley, if you have a PS3 and PS+ Hitman Absolution is free to play on PS3 at the moment.
Thanks for the heads-up...but I no longer subscribe to PS+. Besides, I prefer owning the physical game for my collection. :)

I wonder TRU pricematch with Bestbuy online few PS3 games for $19.99 each and adjust down 3 for $30?  I been told you take price match or toysrus promotion!

Not sure how people are getting TRU to match Amazon. I just looked up their PM policy and it says they'll only match online prices for baby items. For other items they need an actual physical ad.

Ditto. I swung by the local TRU today and tried to price match Sly Cooper: TiT and Playstation All-Stars and was told the same thing. Between that and the lack of desirable inventory, this CAG hunt was a total bust. Congrats to anyone who's scoring with this sale though!

Picked up two Portal 2s for 360 and Wipeout for Vita.  Traded in both Portals for about 37 bucks to Gamestop with the 30% boost.

The deal is going on until September 6 or so. I Did a promo check and it looks to be all $14.99-$19.99 games. There's no signage in my store, so majority of employees will be clueless.

How did you trade in 3 copies of Portal 2 in one day? You must have some very lenient GS employees.
No not at all. I bought 8 Portal 2's during the b1g1 at TRU (I dont do it often, but needed to pay off some pre-orders) and they TIV was $22 each during that time. Anyways, all you have to do is bring the purchase receipt to prove they were not stolen, and you can trade them in. I drove straight from TRU to GameStop and had no problem at all

The deal is going on until September 6 or so. I Did a promo check and it looks to be all $14.99-$19.99 games. There's no signage in my store, so majority of employees will be clueless.
There was a sign in my store, and it said friday-saturday only, so I dont think its till September 6th, or it turns into YMMV which is unlikely

There was a sign in my store, and it said friday-saturday only, so I dont think its till September 6th, or it turns into YMMV which is unlikely
I Did a promo check and that's what it said. I Wouldn't put it past them if it were to change for some reason, but that's what came up.

I loved the original lego star wars game, got real close to getting every achieve. Any of the other lego games hold up to it? Are the other lego star wars games different? (I have Star Wars II, the original trilogy)

How about Darkness II?

Was gonna pull the trigger for the AC:NL guide but nowhere has it. 

The friday-saturday only is for the disney game deal or whatever... Signs for both that and the 3 for 30 at store near me. No date on the 3 for 30 so sept 6th probably right

Only games I'm interested in are Hitman: Absolution, Street Figher X Tekken, and Lego Lord of the Rings. Problem is, my TRU doesn't have any of these in stock, so my only option is shipping...which adds $6.70. After shipping and tax it still comes out to $13 a game...which is pretty good.

What do you guys think?
I didn't hesitate to buy the three games I bought online because the price was still cheaper than it would have been at most other retail stores. It's a really good time to save on current-gen games right now if you're not especially picky.

Picked up Tekken Tag 2 (WiiU), Portal 2 (360) & Resident Evil 6! Thanks for posting this deal OP. I always wanted to TTT on WiiU for the Nintendo costumes.

When you pricematch games down to $19.99, does the computer automatically total the 3 games down to $30?

If it requires a manual override, I think I might run into trouble pricematching down to $10 each after already pricematching down to $19.99.
I don't know. I'm worried about this too. I want to pricematch Playstation all Stars and Sly Cooper TiT to the amazon price. I have a feeling if I buy those 2 games and minecraft, the register will total out to $60 instead of $30. Does the pricematching screw up the promotion and require another manager override?

It's really weird talking to yourself on a forum.

I don't know. I'm worried about this too. I want to pricematch Playstation all Stars and Sly Cooper TiT to the amazon price. I have a feeling if I buy those 2 games and minecraft, the register will total out to $60 instead of $30. Does the pricematching screw up the promotion and require another manager override?

It's really weird talking to yourself on a forum.
lol. Yeah it's weird. It's damn near psychotic behavior.

Called my local TRU and asked about a few games in stock. Employee said they didn't have one of the games in stock so I walked in to see myself. D-bag lied and saw the game on the shelf. So to the people who've checked the website to see if their store has a game their looking for and says unavailable, I highly recommend checking yourself. A good chance that they'll have it in stock. 

Picked up:

AC: Revelations

Kingdoms of Amalur

Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

Gonna go back next week and pick up a few more games

Called my local TRU and asked about a few games in stock. Employee said they didn't have one of the games in stock so I walked in to see myself. D-bag lied and saw the game on the shelf. So to the people who've checked the website to see if their store has a game their looking for and says unavailable, I highly recommend checking yourself. A good chance that they'll have it in stock.

Picked up:

AC: Revelations

Kingdoms of Amalur

Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

Gonna go back next week and pick up a few more games
First rule of CAG is don't call.

Employees get tipped off and take advantage of the deals half the time. Calling usually isn't a good idea unless you're flying to the store while you call.

Wait.. so portal 2 is part of this sale? Are not all the games on the TRU website? i searched for Portal 2 and nothing came up. If so I'd def get that, lollipop chainsaw and KH Recoded. IS lollipop chainsaw for 360 part of the 3 for $30? I mean i have a PS3 also so its no big deal but id rather get them for 360. Cuz according to the website, Portal 2 isnt eligible. :whistle2:\

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP.  Unfortunately, I have the games I want so this sale is a no-go for me.

I did think about PM'ing a few things, but I know my TRU won't match AND keep the promo.  It's always one or the other at mine.

Thinking about price matching GameStop's Best of PSN sale, Amazon's Red Dead Redemption, and Heavy Rain. Trying to get some missing loose ends in my PS3 collection before moving on.

Going to go check this out tonight probably.  As usual there's tons of filler crap games or older games which shouldn't be $20 any more anyway but there's some good deals too.

Thing is my TRU sucks for games in general.  Newer games they only ever get a few of and older ones they rarely get new stock off despite often keeping signs up.  Then just all around their selection is very tiny as well...so yeah I'm not holding my breath to find anything I want.

There was 1 sign up at my TRU. 

I got KOA Reckoning PS3, Sonic Generations 360 and MK Komplete 360 for $31.80 after tax.  No problems ringing it up or anything.

Have the following games in my cart and need some recommendations:

-Minecraft 360

-LEGO LOTR 360

-Mario Tennis Wii

-Mario Galaxy Wii

-Super Paper Mario Wii

-Kingdoms of Amalur 360

Amalur is basically in as GS trade fodder if I were to pick up everything else.  I already owned and beat Galaxy years ago and had a hard time getting into Paper Mario but would love some CAG feedback on these.

Someone mentioned in this thread they saw it runs until 9/7
Yes, the signs in the local store here last night said it was through 9/7.

The in store signage also said "all games $14.99-$19.99" where the website states "select titles", of course the local store selection was pretty terrible. I was able to grab :360: Portal 2, :360: Kinectimals with Bears, and :vita: NfS Most Wanted for $32.19 after tax, and traded in Portal 2, and Kinectimals for $29.40 at Gamestop.

I went in this morning and tried to get PS All Stars Battle Royale ps3 (pricematched to gamestop $20), Minecraft and Hitman absolution 360 

Manager did the override for PSABR but system didn't discount to $10 each.  I added Portal 2 for 360 and all the 360 games went down to $10 each.

Im ok with that those 4 for $50 though...especially because I found a Skylanders lightning rod purple variant!!

How do people know what gamestop/bestbuy offers for trade credit?  Do you call them and ask?  I was wanting to flip some games to build up some credit for next gen games and the only thing I found online was a limited list of what gamestop offers.

Was trying to figure out which titles would give me the biggest bang for the buck on gamestop/bestbuy credit and their site doesn't give a complete list.

How do people know what gamestop/bestbuy offers for trade credit? Do you call them and ask? I was wanting to flip some games to build up some credit for next gen games and the only thing I found online was a limited list of what gamestop offers.

Was trying to figure out which titles would give me the biggest bang for the buck on gamestop/bestbuy credit and their site doesn't give a complete list.
Check out the GS trade-in thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316500-gamestop-tivpromos-thread-xxi-double-credit-on-systems-traded-30-extra-credit-on-gameselectronicsaccessories/page-95

So portal 2 IS part of the sale? Cuz on TRU website it says its $30. If so this is great news if my store has it. Cant check til 6pm EST cuz im at work.

I went in this morning and tried to get PS All Stars Battle Royale ps3 (pricematched to gamestop $20), Minecraft and Hitman absolution 360

Manager did the override for PSABR but system didn't discount to $10 each. I added Portal 2 for 360 and all the 360 games went down to $10 each.

Im ok with that those 4 for $50 though...especially because I found a Skylanders lightning rod purple variant!!
So basically your PM'd item did not become part of the deal, you just paid $20 for it - you still had to pick up 3 non-pm'ed, under $20, items for the computer to trigger it.

I'd like to PM a couple items for the 3 for 30, but it sounds like you need to double dip with the PM and then getting the promo to drop it to $10. From what it sounds like, the computer doesn't automatically do this and would require a double manager override.

So basically your PM'd item did not become part of the deal, you just paid $20 for it - you still had to pick up 3 non-pm'ed, under $20, items for the computer to trigger it.

I'd like to PM a couple items for the 3 for 30, but it sounds like you need to double dip with the PM and then getting the promo to drop it to $10. From what it sounds like, the computer doesn't automatically do this and would require a double manager override.
Yeah - I decided to go try to PM a few games I had bought for $20 at Target and BBY -- but no go. The manager was not willing to double dip in addition to the PM.

The collection at my TRU was pretty pathetic but had Spirit Tracks for the DS on clearance for $20, which was a pleasant surprise because it ended up cheaper than used at GameStop and eBay. I ended up getting it and 2 Portal 2 copies and trading them in at GameStop for like $36 and renewing my Pro membership and getting some used games.

bread's done
Back